• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 10/22 - 10/28 2007

Kildace

farnham said:
Nintendo games do..?

how much did Brain Age do in its first day...? (First week was like 50k.... Its sold over 3 million copies now)

Yes, because Mario Galaxy is going to be as accessible and popular with casuals as brain age, Nintendogs and Wii Sports.

farnham

Banned
Opoona sold 3k..

LOL!!

Kildace said:
Yes, because Mario Galaxy is going to be as accessible and popular with casuals as brain age, Nintendogs and Wii Sports.

Better chance then PS3 or 360 games in Japan.. IMHO

RBH

titiklabingapat said:
Ace Combat did 65k, btw.

Opoona did 3k.

Nice numbers for Ace Combat.

Based on this thread, that would mean it's already part of the top 10 selling 360 titles in Japan. It could ultimately be in that #3 spot behind DOA4 and Blue Dragon.

[Nintex]

Jonnyram said:
It begins...

DSL 80000
PSP 57000
PS2 11000
PS3 16000
Wii 41000
360 17000
holy shit...
They weren't even close last week.

250k most people predicted 300k so it didn't bomb like we thought after the first day sales were in.

Nolan.

:lol OMG 360 numbers are just surprising smg not surprising to me and ace combat did more than I thought it would.

Also this is the first time the 360's outsold the ps2 and in doing that it also outsold the ps3 not by much but just funny for some reason.

farnham

Banned
1. SMG
2. AC6
3. FFT A2
4. Nishimura Kyotaro
5. Super Robot Wars Scramble Command the 2nd
6. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon Time and Darkness
7. DS Literature
8. Wii Sports
9. Wii Play
10. Ar Tornelico 2

Kildace

titiklabingapat said:
Yes it is. Console sales are pititful in Japan but the Wii is still far and ahead of both.

Who's talking about console sales? Farnham was comparing Mario Galaxy legs to Brain Age legs, I said that they weren't made for the same demographics and that therefore Mario's legs won't be as long.

farnham

Banned
Kildace said:
That's really not saying much, though.
Well it is because the Wii still is No.1..

you cant blame Nintendo for selling less then 1 million copies of Super Mario Galaxy in.. lets say the Netherlands.. when the market their is just too damn small.. (I know that the Japanese market is bigger.. they just dont adapt the Next gen System as fast as they used to)

ksamedi

It seems like the market is going back to pre DS levels. I can see WiiFit changing that though. The market expanding titles is what caused the growth in the Japanese market in the first place, and the Wii has nothing but Wiisports for that and I doubt that title has as much effect as WiiFit.

Kildace said:
Who's talking about console sales? Farnham was comparing Mario Galaxy legs to Brain Age legs, I said that they weren't made for the same demographics and that therefore Mario's legs won't be as long.
Nobody can say either way, including you. We don't know the legs on SMG, if it will grow any. Wait a few weeks.

Jonnyram

AC didn't quite meet BD's first week, but it is the second best-selling 360 game in Japan, for its first week. The platinum games also seem to have sold quite well.

Kildace

titiklabingapat said:
Nobody can say either way, including you. We don't know the legs on SMG, if it will grow any.

Okay, enjoy your state of denial in thinking that Mario, a *difficult*, home console game will sell as well and as long as a portable, cheaper, brain training game that is 10 times more likely to attract people who don't game in Japan.

farnham

Banned
Kildace said:
actually NSMB has longer legs then Brain Age (its closing in to the 5 million range)
Kildace said:
Okay, enjoy your state of denial in thinking that Mario, a *difficult*, home console game will sell as well and as long as a portable, cheaper, brain training game that is 10 times more likely to attract people who don't game in Japan.

as i said.. NSMB.. also SM64DS had decent legs too (it reached 1 million units 1,5 years after its initial release)

Kildace said:
I'm not denying anything, I'm waiting.

Wii Fit could impact everything though.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
SMG sales are a bit disappointing. We'll see if it has any legs.

The next few weeks are going to be reeeeeeeeeeally interesting.

Nolan.

[Nintex] said:
Is lost odysee released this year?
Q4 is going to be brutal.

Funnily enough when I saw the numbers I figured it might be prepping for L.O and I would be surprised if the game does numbers no one expected...hopefully it does, I like unpredictability.

f@luS

More than a member.
Nice 360 number, biggest ever (beside launch )? Too bad it always stick like that for one week

I think this is exactly what people who hated Sales-Age were talking about in the "No More NPD" thread.

Guys. Come on. The 360 outsells the PS3 for 1 WEEK by a measly 1k units. It's likely the only time that will happen this year. Let's stop being foolish and predicting doom and gloom for the PS3 and success in Japan for the 360. The 360 will likely fall back down to 1k units per week in a few weeks anyway.

Second. Correct me if I am wrong but Super Mario Galaxy outsells every PS3 and 360 game's life to date for its 1st week and its a bomb. Once again, we need to stop over reacting. Mario games also have great legs.

cvxfreak

Yeah, the 360's price dropped, the new HDMI versions were released and then there's Ace Combat 6. I'm impressed with the 360.

Mario's a disappointment. Then again, for some reason it reminds me of Mario Kart DS's not-too-impressive opening in 2005.

farnham

Banned
Magic Mile said:
I think this is exactly what people who hated Sales-Age were talking about in the "No More NPD" thread.

Guys. Come on. The 360 outsells the PS3 for 1 WEEK by a measly 1k units. It's likely the only time that will happen this year. Let's stop being foolish and predicting doom and gloom for the PS3 and success in Japan for the 360. The 360 will likely fall back down to 1k units per week in a few weeks anyway.

Second. Correct me if I am wrong but Super Mario Galaxy outsells every PS3 and 360 game's life to date for its 1st week and its a bomb. Once again, we need to stop over reacting. Mario games also have great legs.

wrong but close

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Edition sold like 270k LTD

goompapa

How could anyone spin this ?
Nintendo shipped 700k, Mario Galaxy sold 250k. This is a massive disappointment, if not a bomb.

Almost the same situation as Twilight Princess. People who followed the japanese sales ranking immediately recognized TP as a massive disappointment sales wise. However spin doctors arose and even managed to convince the mods to ban anyone who call TP a sales disappointment.
In the end, guess who was right about TP's sales performance ?

The Ace Combat 6 bump was roughly the same as the Super Mario Galaxy bump.

I...don't really know what to say.

Didn't the 360 price drop this week as well? That may be the reason for the sales spike.

It would appear that most of the hardcore Nintendo fans either have the console already or are waiting for Super Smash Bros.

At this point I don't think it's a matter of 'if' the streams will cross when the 40GB PS3/Dual Shock comes out, but a matter of 'how much' and 'when is Wii Fit coming out so Nintendo can get their shit together'.

Magic Mile said:

Lost Odyssey/VF5 week will probably be big for the 360 as well, though I'm not sure if GT5P is coming out then as well.

Magic Mile said:

On the 360 thing, we're all rather obviously having a bit of a joke about it, foolio.

On the Mario Galaxy thing... Super Mario Sunshine opened bigger. On a much smaller install base, no less. Obviously if we go by overall game standards a 250k opening is good, but if we put it into the context of Mario games, this is a fucking disaster and once again shows exactly what kind of audience Nintendo has built with their new system.

Magic Mile said:

No-one suggested anything of the sort, the reaction is considering how badly the Xbox 360 is perceived in Japan it's quite incredible to sell more (even for one week only) than the PS3.

cvxfreak said:
Mario's a disappointment. Then again, for some reason it reminds me of Mario Kart DS's not-too-impressive opening in 2005.
I thought of the same thing too, I somehow don't think Galaxy can quite match MK DS' legs though, but I hope it at least hits the million mark.

ksamedi

goompapa said:
Nintendo shipped 700k, Mario Galaxy sold 250k. This is a massive disappointment, if not a bomb.

Almost the same situation as Twilight Princess. People who followed the japanese sales ranking immediately recognized TP as a massive disappointment sales wise. However spin doctors arose and even managed to convince the mods to ban anyone who call TP a sales disappointment.

Nah, Mario will do better than TP. It will probably do more than a million.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
The Ace Combat 6 bump was roughly the same as the Super Mario Galaxy bump.

I...don't really know what to say.

Didn't the 360 price drop this week as well? That may be the reason for the sales spike.

It would appear that most of the hardcore Nintendo fans either have the console already or are waiting for Super Smash Bros.

At this point I don't think it's a matter of 'if' the streams will cross when the 40GB PS3/Dual Shock comes out, but a matter of 'how much' and 'when is Wii Fit coming out so Nintendo can get their shit together'.

Lost Odyssey/VF5 week will probably be big for the 360 as well, though I'm not sure if GT5P is coming out then as well.

You really think the PS3 will outsell the Wii when the 40GB/White DS3 comes out?

I am not saying its impossible, but I am saying the chances are not in favor of the PS3.

Wii sales should remain around at least 35k the rest of the year, and the PS3 will have to more than double to do so.

pswii60

titiklabingapat said:
Ace Combat did 65k, btw.

Opoona did 3k.

You're shitting me. In almost every Opoona thread I've read about how the Japanese are really excited about the game etc. 3k?!

EDIT: Ace Combat 6 proves that software sells consoles. To be more successful, MS need to realise that it isn't only JRPGs run by ex-Square staff that the Japanese want.

EDIT 2: Looking at pre-order charts on various European and American outlets, Mario Galaxy is hot stuff in the West. I expect we'll see the WW numbers to be pretty huge in the end.

farnham

Banned
goompapa said:

If TP and SMG are bombs..

what are 360 and PS3 games..?

goompapa

ksamedi said:
Nah, Mario will do better than TP. It will probably do more than a million.

No doubt it will. Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing. And I won't be too sure about it hitting a million.

Top Bottom