• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/03 - 11/09

Famitsu Software Stuff
Rhythm Tengoku Gold passes 1 million.
3059+-+Rhythm+Tengoku+Gold+-+DS

Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One (3251) starts off with an almost identical first week to PSP's Lenneth (459), though Lenneth looks to have had more availability in its first week. Neither compares with PS2's VP2 (2451).

The new Wii Harvest Moon, Exciting Animal March (3260) has a weaker start than the previous, Tree of Peace (58).
EAM

The DS Culdcept is outperforming its PS2 and X360 predecessors.
DS

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is an oddity among DS Castlevanias: it lasted more than one week in the Top 30! Though barely, as it was #30 itself.
OoE

wazoo said:
PIkmin sucess was mainly due to the release of the CD of Pikmin music. Before that, it was way below 500K.
Ehh, I'd be wary of assigning specific credit to such a thing since October games getting a speed boost in December is not so unusual a thing. Super Princess Peach and Super Mario Galaxy also come to mind.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Famitsu Software Stuff
Rhythm Tengoku Gold passes 1 million.
[/quote]

Yay.

[quote]Valkyrie Profile: The Accused One (3251) starts off with an almost identical first week to PSP's Lenneth (459), though Lenneth looks to have had more availability in its first week. Neither compares with PS2's VP2 (2451).
[img][/quote]

YAY.

[quote]The DS Culdcept is outperforming its PS2 and X360 predecessors.
[img][/quote]

YAY!

[quote]Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia is an oddity among DS Castlevanias: it lasted more than one week in the Top 30! [/quote]

[b]YAY![/b]

[quote]Though barely, as it was #30 itself.
[img][/quote]

Boo.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Sigh.

A pedometer is a device used for counting the number of steps you are taking. 'Pedo' from the Latin word for 'foot', 'meter' from the Greek word for 'measure'. It has nothing to do with pedophiles, whose word origin comes from Greek 'child' and 'affection'.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Sigh.

A pedometer is a device used for counting the number of steps you are taking. 'Pedo' from the Latin word for 'foot', 'meter' from the Greek word for 'measure'. It has nothing to do with pedophiles, whose word origin comes from Greek 'child' and 'affection'.

I know but I still find it funny.

shykyoichi said:
Is the Pedometer DS game just a pedometer? or it's just a metaphor?
Its 08. [NDS] Personal Trainer: Walking (Nintendo) 18,465 / 45,000 but I just quickly translated the Famitsu stuff because Captain Smoker hadn't posted the data with his better format. Turns out he hasn't posted it yet though.

Btw, in spanish pedometer sounds even worse because here a pedometer is a podómetro while pedo itself is a fart and pedo as a root is also used for pedophiles (pedofilo) and such. I wasn't sure at first if it was podometer or pedometer because of this, firefox spell check to the rescue though.

jesusraz

PantherLotus said:
That shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Thanks :) I quite like seeing how the DSi is impacting on DSLite sales...and thought it better to ask early on so there's less work for you.

I just wonder if people these days start giggling relentlessly when they hear a mother is taking her child to the pediatrician. Or if someone says they're going to get a pedicure.

People need to read more books. I seriously wonder about the pedagogy of the people who educated them. :(

I guess I'm being a bit of a pedant, though.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I just wonder if people these days start giggling relentlessly when they hear a mother is taking her child to the pediatrician. Or if someone says they're going to get a pedicure.

People need to read more books. I seriously wonder about the pedagogy of the people who educated them. :(

I guess I'm being a bit of a pedant, though.

If you think GAF’s sniggering is bad, you should have been in the UK a few years back when the News of the World sparked a witchhunt against paedophiles that resulted in “concerned citizens” attacking the houses of paediatricians…

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Cosmonaut X said:
If you think GAF’s sniggering is bad, you should have been in the UK a few years back when the News of the World sparked a witchhunt against paedophiles that resulted in “concerned citizens” attacking the houses of paediatricians…

I remember that and was JUST about to post that too, just as well the page scrolled down fully or it would have been a completely redundant and pointless post.

EDIT: Like this one.

This weeks releases. ~_~

11/17 - 11/23/2008

PS2:
11/20 Dokapon Kingdom (Sting the Best)
11/20 Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Kindan no Yami no Delta
11/20 Koihime Musou
11/20 Koihime Musou (First Print Limited Edition)
11/20 Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate: The Shield of AIGIS
11/20 Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate: The Shield of AIGIS (Limited Edition)
11/20 Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Wii:
11/20 Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! Kindan no Yami no Delta
11/20 Animal Crossing: City Folk
11/20 Animal Crossing: City Folk (w/Wii Speak)
11/20 Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes (Double Pack - Best Price)
11/20 Sugoro Chronicle: Migite ni Ken o Hidarite ni Saikoro o
11/20 Sugoro Chronicle: Migite ni Ken o Hidarite ni Saikoro o (Variety Pack)

NDS:
11/20 Chrono Trigger
11/20 Okada Toshio no Itsumademo DEBU to Omounayo: DS Recording Diet
11/20 Saka-Tsuku DS: Touch and Direct
11/20 Tomyka Hero: Rescue Force DS

PSP:
11/20 Clank & Ratchet: Maru Hi Mission * Ignition
11/20 Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam
11/20 Kidou Senshi Gundam: Gundam vs. Gundam (PSP Pack)
11/20 Prinny: Ore ga Shujinkou de Iinsuka?

X360:
11/20 Otomedius G
11/20 The Last Remnant
11/20 The Last Remnant (Premium Pack)

PS3:
11/20 MotorStorm 2

ksamedi

I wonder when Nintendo is going to introduce new Wii colors. Or maybe a Wii redesign?
With a higher price
ofcourse.

ksamedi said:
I wonder when Nintendo is going to introduce new Wii colors. Or maybe a Wii redesign?
With a higher price
ofcourse.
The usual answer is "when they stop selling all they can make", but then I remember how many colors and special editions of DS were released anyway and wonder.

So how much do you guys think Chrono Trigger and AC will sell? I want Chrono Trigger to beat AC out first week, but I'm afraid that won't be the case.

BishopLamont said:
So how much do you guys think Chrono Trigger and AC will sell? I want Chrono Trigger to beat AC out first week, but I'm afraid that won't be the case.
They're both rehashes, but City Folk is the rehash of the more successful game, so I'd guess it has the edge.

toypop

BishopLamont said:

Actually I wonder which title will be topped next week.
I dunno how much shipments there will be, but each of Animal Crossing, Chrono and Gundam PSP could be topped solely, if they were all different release date.

From this month, both AC and CTDS are heavily advertised on TV (Especially AC). After a glance at that 15sec CT Ad, I felt I have to pick up CT, even though I had zero plan to buy that again. I believe many of past SFC gamers had the same feeling by listening that main theme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=695wPKH3ihk CT 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK5MZqwVQZg CT 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bndTvYYY3L4 AC part.1-4

Anyways, my bet goes to 300k for AC, 250k for CT, 180k for Gundam, barely 100k for TLR. But AC and CT could be tied, because IMO last AC's success was from its being on portable.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Anything I should know before I make my projections? I'm putting together some YOY charts per category (HW/HH/CS) that will make your jaw drop. Shocking data, really.

I'll put those up first and link in my projections a little later.

PantherLotus said:
Anything I should know before I make my projections? I'm putting together some YOY charts per category (HW/HH/CS) that will make your jaw drop. Shocking data, really.

I'll put those up first and link in my projections a little later.
Shocking, huh? I look forward to it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
mc-20-hardware-tota-YOY-102.png

Total Hardware average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): 78.09%**

mc-21-handheld-total-YOY-102.png

Total Handheld average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): 75.98%

mc-22-console-total-YOY-102.png

Total Console average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): 88.46%**

* AVG = 2008 total HW units sold /2007 total units sold)
** does not include PS2 data

PantherLotus said:
http://images.redial.net/mc-20-hardware-tota-YOY-102.png[/ IMG]

Total Hardware average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): [b]78.09%[/b]**

[IMG]http://images.redial.net/mc-21-handheld-total-YOY-102.png[ /IMG]

Total Handheld average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): [b]75.98%[/b]

[IMG]http://images.redial.net/mc-22-console-total-YOY-102.png[ /IMG]

Total Console average proximity of 2008 line to 2007 line (to date): [b]88.46%[/b]**

* AVG = 2008 total HW units sold /2007 total units sold)
** does not include PS2 data[/QUOTE]
[img]http://i37.tinypic.com/2qmojrd.jpg

Hardware sales are down YoY? What happened? It can't just be the collapse of the PS2 market can it?

Sweet mercy, is the market shrinking again?

EDIT: Wait, it DOESN'T include PS2 data? :O

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
We knew the market was down. Look at all my YOY charts for each hardware. Which one is higher than the previous year? Take a closer look and notice that the 360 and PS3 are basically 1-for-1 from last year, but the Wii, PSP, and DS are all considerably down and there you go.

22% market drop.

PantherLotus said:
We knew the market was down. Look at all my YOY charts for each hardware. Which one is higher than the previous year? Take a closer look and notice that the 360 and PS3 are basically 1-for-1 from last year, but the Wii, PSP, and DS are all considerably down and there you go.

22% market drop.
The DS and PSP are suffering from market saturation (well, the DS certainly is). The Wii, on the other hand, just hasn't seen the kind of releases that get the public excited.

Eww.

I don't suppose we have total software data?

icecream

Public Health Threat
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I predict Otomedius G will fall somewhere between #25 and #30 in the first week and eventually end with a total LTD of less than 10k.
If it was a normal shooter. Factor in the animu girls and I'll say 12-15K.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
2qmojrd.jpg

Hardware sales are down YoY? What happened? It can't just be the collapse of the PS2 market can it?

Sweet mercy, is the market shrinking again?

EDIT: Wait, it DOESN'T include PS2 data? :O

Help us Obi Wan DSi, you are our only hope.

Hmmmm, I wonder if any of this shortfall is being made up by mobile, i.e. phone, games?

Minsc

Gold Member
PantherLotus said:

22% market drop.

22%, and my money's on that being only the tip of the iceburg. If the Wii doesn't light on fire like it did last year, how high can that number go?

Top Bottom