• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/12 - 11/18 2007

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Ouch, I was expecting Mario & Sonic to have a higher debut than that. The feedback on it wasn't too bad from what I've read on it.

How well was it advertised?

Vinnk said:
Nothing like that in my neck of the woods. Just a few posters up. However, the TV ads have apparently been making an impression. My Fiancee had no idea that SMG was coming out, but she and even her Mom know about WiiFit. It is being showing during a lot of the programs that have a high female viewing figure.

As for the Vinnk's Village report, I have the numbers, I just have to get it formatted. I'll put it up tomorrow. That is of course if Mr. Mister is ok with that.

And this my friends is how Nintendo won the war.

ksamedi

I wonder what the people who think that onl minigames will sell on Wii have to say about Mario and Sonic. They must have been wrong.

I also think that WE LOVE GOLF will be huge.

polluar

ksamedi said:
I wonder what the people who think that onl minigames will sell on Wii have to say about this. They must have been wrong.

No, We Love Golf will bomb for sure. Only mina no golf exists for japanese

Parl

Wii fit, I predict 340k first week sales, then it'll crash and burn.

So how much do people think that Wii fit is going to sell in its full lifetime in Japan?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if DQIV would've sold more than DQM:J if S-E shipped closer to 800k. DQM:J sold 430k on the first day BTW, but it did launch during the last week of December.

Mr. Pointy said:
WOW for DQ4. I honestly wasn't expecting it to sell more than 600k LTD, since it's a port of a remake. But Jesus Tapdancing Christ.

Ouch for Mario & Sonic, though I wasn't expecting it to sell in Japan either.
That's because, like I said many times already, it's not. I love the fact that the Japanese fans have paid enough attention to nitty-gritty details as I have to see that.

jj984jj said:
That's because, like I said many times already, it's not. I love the fact that the Japanese fans have paid enough attention to nitty-gritty details as I have to see that.
It's more or less a port, really. An enhanced port.

It can't really be classfied as a full scale remake in the same way the PS1 remake and other first time remakes were.

goompapa

ksamedi said:
I wonder what the people who think that onl minigames will sell on Wii have to say about Mario and Sonic. They must have been wrong.

They didn't say that ALL minigames will sell. As for why Mario&Sonic is bombing:
1. new serie
2. they have their fill of mario minigames with the recent mario parties.
3. sonic is dragging mario down.

WE LOVE GOLF will bomb. 50k LT tops.

Lobster

Banned
Is We Love Golf even close to launch at all?

If it gets a good advertising push and can be pushed to be seen as the new golf game for Japan, it will sell.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Magicpaint said:
It's more or less a port, really. An enhanced port.

It can't really be classfied as a full scale remake in the same way the PS1 remake and other first time remakes were.
A port is something that reuses the engine and assets of a previous version, the DS game doesn't do that, it's not like Front Mission and FFT where everything was taken from the PS1 version and some new content was added. The sad thing is that it's hardly noticeable because of the way they decided to go about it.

ksamedi

goompapa said:
They didn't say that ALL minigames will sell. As for why Mario&Sonic is bombing:
1. new serie
2. they have their fill of mario minigames with the recent mario parties.
3. sonic is dragging mario down.

WE LOVE GOLF will bomb. 50k LT tops.

50K? Thats pretty easy because a huge percentage of games reach that number. WLG also has Camelot behind it and has Capcom as publisher. I think it will do much higher numbers than expected.

Lobster

Banned
ksamedi said:
50K? Thats pretty easy because a huge percentage of games reach that number. WLG also has Camelot behind it and has Capcom as publisher. I think it will do much higher numbers than expected.

I reckon it will go over 400k.

apujanata

creamsugar said:
1st day

DQ4 - 360,000 (70%)

PES 2008
PS2 - 155,000
PS3 - 107,000
360 - 7,000

FF XI
PS2 - 71,000
360 - 4,000

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - 15,000

Mega Man Star Force 2 - 40,000

Dino King (DS) - 40,000

Nice DQ4 First day. Undershipment FTL.

Nice PES 2008 First day.

Other WE FIRST WEEK (not first day) :
Code:
Winning Eleven 10 World Soccer 615,521
Winning Eleven 8 627,017
Winning Eleven 9 552,386
J-League Winning Eleven 2007: Club Championship 136,530

Poor Mario & Sonic. And poor Sega.

goompapa

ksamedi said:

That won't mean sh1t if the public doesn't know it(the game) exists.

Lobster

Banned
goompapa said:
That won't mean sh1t if the public doesn't know it(the game) exists.

Well theres still 21 days till release..usually you start the advertising 2/1 weeks before the game hits.

Koren

slaughterking said:
Like they did with Z&W? ;_;
To be fair, We Love Golf had a HUGE stand in last TGS for this game, while I've not found Z&W anywhere... I think they have higher expectation for We love golf, and they will probably push it more.

ziran

Hopefully We Love Golf will be a big hit. It's developed by the people who made Minna no Golf a huge success and it's going to be on a system with a large base of mass market consumers, and it has Mii support:
http://japan.gamespot.com/wii/news/story/0,3800075348,20361712,00.htm
6xioav9.jpg

Camelot's really good at developing this kind of stuff so it would be great to see them have a big success.

apujanata

ziran said:
Hopefully We Love Golf will be a big hit. It's developed by the people who made Minna no Golf a huge success and it's going to be on a system with a large base of mass market consumers, and it has Mii support:
http://japan.gamespot.com/wii/news/story/0,3800075348,20361712,00.htm
6xioav9.jpg

Camelot's really good at developing this kind of stuff so it would be great to see them have a big success.

I believe in Camelot, even since I played Mario Golf and Golden Sun (not really like Mario Baseball). If Camelot can do a good Mii Support, and easy to use implementation of Wiimote, I will buy the game (in English, of course).

Lobster

Banned
slaughterking said:
When you even dare to develop such a game, a little effort in advertising seems like a logical consequence, no?

Personally, I don't even know why they bothered to make a game in that genre. First game I actually thought that was maybe a "gift to gamers".

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm not that interested in Golf games, but i gave Mario Golf for GBA a chance and it was pretty good. Kept playing it for a while. Its also made by Camelot. Seems that Camelot can make good golf games so WLG will probly be good too :)

ziran

apujanata said:
I believe in Camelot, even since I played Mario Golf and Golden Sun (not really like Mario Baseball). If Camelot can do a good Mii Support, and easy to use implementation of Wiimote, I will buy the game (in English, of course).
Yeah, I'm going to give it a go in English. They seem to get the any-gamer angle so I think they have a good chance of really perfecting the Wiimote Golf controls.

Camelot's a great developer all round, so they deserve success, and I hope they finally get round to that Golden Sun sequel soon.

ksamedi

slaughterking said:
When you even dare to develop such a game, a little effort in advertising seems like a logical consequence, no?

I think the problem was that they didn't know what to expect from the title and above all that Zack and Wiki is hard to advertise properly. It doesn't help if your advertisement pushes a couple thousand units more for sales when the advertising budget is much higher than the extra sales of the game.

Yeah, I'm going to give it a go in English. They seem to get the any-gamer angle so I think they have a good chance of really perfecting the Wiimote Golf controls.

Camelot's a great developer all round, so they deserve success, and I hope they finally get round to that Golden Sun sequel soon.

Im still waiting for a proper golf game on the Wii, I tried Tiger and Wiisports Golf but both were missing something. I think that this one will nail it.

justjohn said:
well you have to remember as well this time its being split between the ps3 and ps2. so the ps3 is stealing sales from the ps2. i think if you add them both at the end of the week it might get close to what pes 07 did. oh yeah as well the 360.

you are right, but i think Konami should have released only PS3 version, giving an incredible boost in hw sales.
Anyway, even considering PS2 + PS3 + 360 numbers, WE confirms its decline since 2002 when it became million seller for first time. On the other side, PS3 number are really good, i thought difference between PS2 and PS3 would have been higher.

Mario & Sonic is totally a disaster, only Wii Fit can save Wii at the moment... this holiday season could show us a break point in term of sales, let's see what happen in the incoming weeks :)

EDIT
: i just noticed now DQ4 first day sales, seems like S-E really wants their games for DS to be out of stock after the release...

goompapa

Dengeki has updated their rankings.

According to them(through babelfish)

Re:UC............109k/70% comparing to
Re 4:Wii...........51k firstweek/134k LTD

Lee N

Membre
fusoya59 said:
WTF is that Game Center CX thing?
Game Center CX is a Japanese TV show where a comedian (Shinya Arino) is playing older games to completion (or at least as far as he can before giving up) - much frustration and hilarity ensues.

The DS game is based on the show, and Bandai-Namco (together with input from Arino) have created a bunch of faux retro games that you get to play.

Wow M&S had a pretty bad debut, Japan is so unpredictable right now. Great DQ4 numbers, I guess my prediction of 700k first week wasn't too shabby had SE shipped more. Decent Megaman and PES numbers. Oh and great to see RE:4 Wii slowly climbing, last time it was only 100k or so.

cvxfreak

Moor-Angol said:

EDIT
: i just noticed now DQ4 first day sales, seems like S-E really wants their games for DS to be out of stock after the release...

Actually I saw TONS of DQIVs in shops today.

jesusraz

cvxfreak said:
Actually I saw TONS of DQIVs in shops today.

Sounds like S-E has been quick off the mark re-stocking the game then...unless the 70% sell-through percentage was off. If re-stocking is the case, then it definitely bodes well for its weekend sales. I reckon perhaps ~550,000 by the next M-C update.

Lee N

Membre
apujanata said:
Oops. Sorry for the mistake. Did Camelot made Mario Tennis ? I remember that Tennis is better than Baseball.
Yeah, they developed Mario Tennis for GBC, N64, GC and GBA.

Top Bottom