• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 11/17 - 11/24

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
This is when I miss jimbo. He would have slapped Hoffman into next Thanksgiving.

tear

schuelma

Re: PS3

This Spring should be interesting. SFIV, Yakuza 3, RE5, and the FF13 demo are all coming out around the same time. Maybe Sony will do that rumored Spring price cut and get a bit of momentum.

loosus

Banned
This Spring should be interesting. SFIV, Yakuza 3, RE5, and the FF13 demo are all coming out around the same time. Maybe Sony will do that rumored Spring price cut and get a bit of momentum.
Nah. That's more of the same league of shit that Sony does NOT need.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
schuelma said:
Re: PS3

Yay! it's the "wait for" game again.

schuelma

manueldelalas said:

You can call it whatever you want- I'm not claiming the PS3 is going to overtake the Wii or anything- just that this Spring is a good opportunity for Sony to at least possibly increase the baseline sales a little bit.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
schuelma said:
You can call it whatever you want- I'm not claiming the PS3 is going to overtake the Wii or anything- just that this Spring is a good opportunity for Sony to at least possibly increase the baseline sales a little bit.

nceeiw.jpg

Wow I must be the only person in Japan who bought Motorstorm 2. It came out last week too and did even chart in the top 30.

But I knew from standing in line last week that Animal Crossing, Chrono and Gundam would be in the top 3.

This week Winning Eleven came out for PS3. It should at least chart in the top 10 for PS3.

Regardless of how bad Sony is doing this generation in Japan, it does not change the fact that Microsoft is making some nice headway over there. There is no way Microsoft would ever gain mass market acceptance overnight in Japan. They are doing the best they can be expected to do.

gtj1092

manueldelalas said:

Sort of like wait for "x" number of Wii's to be sold and the gaming flood gates will open or wait until $199 and the 360 will be number one.

gtj1092 said:
Sort of like wait for "x" number of Wii's to be sold and the gaming flood gates will open or wait until $199 and the 360 will be number one.
Yes, it *is* just like that. The illogical ramblings of pathetic sycophants. The only difference between the lot of you is the colour of your blazer.

ksamedi

schuelma said:

Final Fantasy will probably give the PS3 some momentum. If Sony can keep releasing big titles after that maybe they have a shot at raising there sales level for longer then 2 weeks.

Next week releases.

12/01 - 12/07/2008

NDS:
12/04 Asoberu Eigo: Word Magic DS
12/04 Blazer Drive
12/04 Chou!! Nep League DS
12/04 Custom Battler Bomberman
12/04 Drawn to Life: Kamisama no Marionette
12/04 Eiyuu Senki Leavadein
12/04 Game o Shinagara Kaiwa o Tanoshimu! Voice Chat DS
12/04 Gokuhou!! Mecha Mote Iinchou: Mecha Mote Days, Hajime Masuwa!
12/04 Hajime no Ippo The Fighting! DS
12/04 Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 1: Shinseiki Evangelion - Magokoro o, Kimi ni (Special Price)
12/04 Hisshou Pachinko*Pachi-Slot Kouryaku Series DS Vol. 3: Shinseiki Evangelion - Yakusoku no Toki
12/04 Itouke no Urawaza DS
12/04 Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS: Mafia Daishuugou Bongole Festival
12/04 Kikiite Hajimaru: Eigo Kaiwa Training - KikiTore
12/04 kirihara Shoten Kanshuu: Daigakusei Ryoku Kentei DS
12/04 Mori no Cafeteria DS: Oshare na Cafe Recipe
12/04 Motto Hayaku! Seikaku Ni! Suu Sense Keisan Ryuoku Up Training - SuuTore
12/04 Princess on Ice
12/04 Sekai no Gohan Shaberu! DS Oryouri Navi
12/04 Uchi no 3 Kyoudai DS

PS2:
12/04 Dragon Ball Z: Infinite World
12/04 Hisshou Pachinko * Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 11: Shinseiki Evangelion - Magokoro o, Kimi ni (Special Price)
12/04 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 Kanzenban
12/04 Real Rode
12/04 Real Rode (Kira Kira Box)
12/04 Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi (PlayStation 2 the Best)

PSP:
12/04 LocoRoco 2
12/04 Oretachi no Survival Game Portable
12/04 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku (PSP the Best)

PS3:
12/04 Pro Yakyuu Spirits 5 Kanzenban
12/04 Saints Row 2

Wii:
12/04 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de
12/04 Kaze no Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

X360:
12/04 Fallout 3
12/04 Saints Row 2

jay

So 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de got a perfect 40 from Famitsu. Anyone have any idea how it will sell?

schuelma

Count Dookkake said:
I was waiting for it to return.

Yes, the "wait for it to sell an average of 15K a week" game.

How bold of me to suggest such a thing

Link

The Autumn Wind
jay said:
So 428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de got a perfect 40 from Famitsu. It's been a decade since the last one if I remember correctly. Anyone have any idea how it will sell?
What is this?

jesusraz

domokunrox said:
Hardware today? or will it show up tomorrow?
The Media Create hardware numbers have already been leaked. Not sure how accurate the YTD and LTD totals are, but here's the info below:

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2008 Sales | Lifetime Sales
1.) Nintendo DSi - 88,843 | 85,327 | 450,992 | 450,992
2.) PlayStation Portable - 61,226 | 38,153 | 3,246,378 | 10,847,972
3.) Wii - 35,298 | 26,787 | 2,398,615 | 7,014,775
4.) Nintendo DS - 18,580 | 3,559 | 2,344,742 | 23,711,452
5.) PlayStation 3 - 17,436 | 17,448 | 796,697 | 2,438,333
6.) Xbox 360 - 15,474 | 7,983 | 262,964 | 770,306
7.) PlayStation 2 - 5,281 | 5,421 | 437,359 | 21,500,294

donny2112

comedy bomb said:
I seem to remember the PSP thumping the DS Lite for a while in weekly sales.

I seem to remember the 360 thumping the PS3 for a while earlier this year, but I wouldn't expect that again this year or any other time soon, either. Read.

Somnid said:
Also I wouldn't doubt that PSP can overtake DSi's sales at least for a while.

I would, for anytime the rest of this year.

Somnid said:
I would imagine it like Xbox late last gen in the US, it picked up steam as the second console because everyone already had PS2s.

*facepalm*

That works so well. I really like this ** action.

The Xbox did not pick up because everyone already had PS2's. There was this little known game that no one cared about and that didn't cause a year long increase as Microsoft hyped it to no end leading up to its November 2004 release. You probably haven't heard of this "game," so I'll just let you imagine what it may be.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Using sell through ratios from Media Create to know shipments, 11/17-11/24 edition

Gracias. :)

Private Hoffman said:
All of their investment in Japan really hasn't seemed to pay off all that much. I do give them credit for what they've tried to do over there; they obviously have a MUCH better JRPG lineup than the PS3 has. Unfortunately for them, it hasn't seemed to really matter.

In terms of Japanese support, it seems to have paid dividends.

jay

Count Dookkake said:
Not suggestng you are bold, just that "Wait for ____" is funny.

It's funny when used in the face of all reason and when people expect dramatic results but really it's just common sense that some games, price points, etc will create small to moderate shifts in the market. Saying the PS3 is going to sell a little better when they get an influx of popular games isn't close to saying that the PS3 will surpass Wii's install base once Final Fantasy XIII comes out.

jay said:
It's funny when used in the face of all reason and when people expect dramatic results but really it's just common sense that some games, price points, etc will create small to moderate shifts in the market. Saying the PS3 is going to sell a little better when they get an influx of popular games isn't close to saying that the PS3 will surpass Wii's install base once Final Fantasy XIII comes out.

Yeah, I get that.

Manueldelalas made a joke that I thought was funny. I am sorry for upsetting Schuelma. I should be more sensitive.

Jokeropia

comedy bomb said:
I seem to remember the PSP thumping the DS Lite for a while in weekly sales.
That ended quite a while ago, before both the PSP-3000 and the DSi were announced. The only way it'll happen anytime soon is if Nintendo are unable to supply enough DSis for the holidays. (People may or may not get DSLs instead.)
Private Hoffman said:
PS3 has outsold the Wii for certain weeks.
360 outsold PS3 for seven weeks straight during September - October and only fell behind when the new PS3 80 GB released with several bundles and colors. Something like that was unheard of before.

Lightning

Banned
Jokeropia said:
360 outsold PS3 for seven weeks straight during September - October and only fell behind when the new PS3 80 GB released with several bundles and colors. Something like that was unheard of before.
But when the PS3 outsells the Wii the hardware sales are above 25k, while the 360 was outselling the PS3 it was due to the PS3 sucking ass below 10k but the 360 was also below 10k for most of that time. Basically, the numbers were so small that it didn't matter. If the 360 can maintain this weeks 15k for the remainder of the year then that will be a huge achievement but under 10k or just beating another console by 2k a week when your total for the week is 7k is extremely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and only good for getting fanboys excited.

schuelma

Count Dookkake said:
Manueldelalas made a joke that I thought was funny. I am sorry for upsetting Schuelma. I should be more sensitive.

Sorry- an impending Turkey Day with the fiancee's extended family always gets me cranky

Jokeropia

Lightning said:
But when the PS3 outsells the Wii the hardware sales are above 25k, while the 360 was outselling the PS3 it was due to the PS3 sucking ass below 10k but the 360 was also below 10k for most of that time. Basically, the numbers were so small that it didn't matter. If the 360 can maintain this weeks 15k for the remainder of the year then that will be a huge achievement but under 10k or just beating another console by 2k a week when your total for the week is 7k is extremely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and only good for getting fanboys excited.
The final order of each system is pretty much set in stone already (Wii > PS3 > 360) so of course nothing will change that. This doesn't remove the fact that the seven week winning streak was an historically exceptional occurence. (Also, in the first of these weeks the 360 beat PS3 by 28k to 8k.)

Johann

Link said:
What is this?

428 is Chunsoft developed a visual novel game(published by SEGA) that is centered around strange events occurring in Tokyo. It's a detective game that involves decision making at critical points in the game and investigation through sight and sound. There appears to be a good deal of FMV in the game. I've read that there is a time limit but I don't know whether it is just for the story or if it affects gameplay.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Somnid said:
Wii Music's advertising was basically taken up by Animal Crossing and DSi. I don't think there is any question that it underperformed, so either they are going to let it go or they are hoping the initial blitz was enough to set people up and are depending on word of mouth.

Also I wouldn't doubt that PSP can overtake DSi's sales at least for a while. You are talking about a situation where something like 1 in 5 people own a DS. PSP is the "second system." I would imagine it like Xbox late last gen in the US, it picked up steam as the second console because everyone already had PS2s. The DSi in effect is probably trying to lure people into double dipping because they are close to the saturation point. It's not like PSP will finish anywhere near DS though.

During the holiday season? Yeah, ok

C.T.

Johann said:
428 is Chunsoft developed a visual novel game(published by SEGA) that is centered around strange events occurring in Tokyo. It's a detective game that involves decision making at critical points in the game and investigation through sight and sound. There appears to be a good deal of FMV in the game. I've read that there is a time limit but I don't know whether it is just for the story or if it affects gameplay.

I got 40/40 from famitsu according to Gamefront.

428: Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de (Wii, Sega): 10 / 10 / 10 / 10 / - (40/40)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Count Dookkake said:
Not suggestng you are bold, just that "Wait for ____" is funny.

Just like watching Wii fans making excuses about when those 3rd parties will be forced to make games for it cause HD is the poop. I've heard wait for MH3 more than anything else recently

HK-47 said:
Just like watching Wii fans making excuses about when those 3rd parties will be forced to make games for it cause HD is the poop. I've heard wait for MH3 more than anything else recently

Those guys are funny, too, but they are greatly outnumbered by the "wait until ___" crowd. I go after the big lolz.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Count Dookkake said:
Those guys are funny, too, but they are greatly outnumbered by the "wait until ___" crowd. I go after the big lolz.

You should stick to the puns, man

Top Bottom