• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/19 - 11/25 2007

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Ok, we don't have a solid Wii Sports number, but based on Famitsu data, it should be between 20-25K based on other Famitsu game numbers.

Last week Wii Sports sales were 13K, and hardware was at 36K.

Therefore, I'd guess Wii hardware at 50- 55K or so.

The streams may re-cross tomorrow.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Kastrioti said:
SMG will sell 4 Million worldwide at the least when all is said and done.

Why would Nintendo not develop another Mario?
Because the series is so shunned in the homeland, that they can't find any more young Japanese developers that are willing to work on it. Nintendo can't ignore the competition for new recruits, afterall.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Gahiggidy said:
Because the series is so shunned in the homeland, that they can't find any more young Japanese developers that are willing to work on it. Nintendo can't ignore the competition for new recruits, afterall.

That might have been the first thing I've ever agreed with you on.

Great Rumbler said:
It was 39,500 last week and this week it's probably around 35,000. So it's actually hanging in there.

Indeed, it was pushed out by all the new games.
Depending on how it does next week, it could be back in the top ten.

ccbfan

Hmm on 1 hand I feel vindicated that SMG dropped out of the top 10 after I predicted it would and people jumped on me for it.

On the other hand SMG dropping out of the top 10 sucks.

Rezbit

I wouldn't be too worried about SMG. TP was a bomba in Japan and still sold awesomely Worldwide. I am beginning to question mainstream Japan's taste in games however.

ethelred

DQ4 DS didn't best the PSX version's opening numbers, but it came pretty damn close, and that alone is impressive. The prior portable DQ remakes (1/2, 3) performed nowhere near as well as the console versions had. Now the 4 remake is showing console comparable performance.

ccbfan

Rezbit said:
I wouldn't be too worried about SMG. TP was a bomba in Japan and still sold awesomely Worldwide. I am beginning to question mainstream Japan's taste in games however.

I'm not worried about SMG, I'm worried about the hardcore fanbase on home consoles in Japan.

MArio and Zelda games will always be around, US alone is enough to support it.

My concern are the games that need Japan to survive.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kittonwy said:
What's wrong with it, sp0rsk? Please elaborate.

Its basically Madden 06 360: Musou. Features ripped out, characters ripped out, game feels totally unfinished, camera is fucked, they completely removed items. It's an absolute disaster.

Get Sengoku Basara 2 for your Wii or your PS2.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
I all seriousness, I really can't imagine what EAD is thinking now after seeing its two oldest, most reliable, franchises drift downward in JPN consumer interest. I think the best bet to revive interest in Zelda and Mario over there is a drastic "simplyfying" of the gameplay.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
kenta said:
What is AFW? I assume it's something insulting but I just want to be clear

Awesome Fucking Wowsome
Indifferent2.gif

Busaiku

Were there any supply issues with DQIV?
I remember its 1st day was reported to be 70% sell through, and that has only 360k.
Either they really restocked over the weekend, or this is somewhere around 90+% sell-through.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
sp0rsk said:
game feels totally unfinished, camera is fucked
That still sounds like every other Musou game I played.

Btw, anyone got last year numbers for PES? Is the new one bomb/success?

McLovin

What the hell is up with wii owners?! Why aren't the good games selling :(
Ahh.. I shouldn't be saying that.. after all I did rent Mario Galaxy :X

sprsk

Fafalada said:
That still sounds like every other Musou game I played.

Btw, anyone got last year numbers for PES? Is the new one bomb/success?

If that's how you feel about the other Musou games, then just multiply it and you've got Musou6. Camera has always been a bad part of Musou games, but they managed to make it worse in 6.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Jonnyram said:
It's not insulting, it's awesome-fucking-wowsome!
This really has turned into bizzarro world

But yes I agree, surprisingly good numbers

Edit: Ah, things are normal and I'm just dense. False alarm

tanod

when is my burrito
Gonna put in an early request to Vinnk to be on the lookout for copies of WE on PS2 and PS3.

Evlar

Banned
All right, enough of this nonsense. Anyone have reliable estimates of DQIV retail pre-orders? I'm under the impression 600k is a virtual sell-out.

sprsk

Oh, yesterday when I went to go pick up action game of the year Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes, I noticed DQIV was sold out. Also, you need a preorder to get Wii Fit.

Fady K

Jonnyram said:
It only sold to 3% of the DS audience. That's pathetic. Look at WE PS3... that sold to over 10%! Now that's a real AFW success
Indifferent2.gif

Sarcasm right? Theres no way you'd compliment anything PS related these days :p

Jonnyram

The Sphinx said:
All right, enough of this nonsense. Anyone have reliable estimates of DQIV retail pre-orders? I'm under the impression 600k is a virtual sell-out.
It was around 90% sold through on Monday... apparently.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
VultureDude said:
heh... well at least the next DQs will be on consoles... I bet S-E misses its financial projections because of this....

I look forward to the bitching and moaning when that happens.

"I hate SquareEnix, they never announced the game for (insert favorite console here)."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
B.K. said:
That's the lowest amount a Dragon Quest has ever sold in the first week, isn't it?
err... not even close

GBC Dragon Quest I&II 270K 75K 40K ... 740K (20001231)
GBC Dragon Quest III 154K 59K 60K ... 611K (20011230)
SFC Dragon Quest III 409K 136K 95K ... 967K (19971228)
PS1 Dragon Quest IV 621K 143K 72K ... 1.17 million (20021229)
PS2 Dragon Quest V 1049K 248K 97K ... 1.61 million (20041226)

Chrono

Banned
schuelma said:
Why not? It's the fastest selling Mario game ever in the U.S. Worldwide it will be just fine.

We're talking about Nintendo here. I wouldn't be surprised if the game's failure in Japan pretty much doomed any plans for a sequel any time soon.

This also doesn't help their view on traditional games, but not like it matters anymore, Nintendo has changed and Galaxy is just speeding things up.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Jonnyram said:
It only sold to 3% of the DS audience. That's pathetic. Look at WE PS3... that sold to over 10%! Now that's a real AFW success
Indifferent2.gif
Oh right! Attach-rate FTW!
Indifferent2.gif

Grecco

Chrono said:
We're talking about Nintendo here. I wouldn't be surprised if the game's failure in Japan pretty much doomed any plans for a sequel any time soon.

This also doesn't help their view on traditional games, but not like it matters anymore, Nintendo has changed and Galaxy is just speeding things up.

And when Smash sells 600k its first week will it change Nintendo again? Jesus.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Chrono said:

Well, if there were a true 3D Mario sequel to happen, it wouldn't show up on a Nintendo console until the next generation. That has been the trend since Mario64.

I didn't think this deserves a new thread so I thought I would post it here, and I'm not actually sure if it has been reported before. This is in reference to hardware sales, I just found at Gamespot:

Nintendo also reached two major milestones outside the US this week. Famitsu publisher Enterbrain is reporting that the DS has now sold 20.05 million units in Japan, thanks to the never-ending Brain Training craze still afflicting the island nation. The handheld hit the 20 million-unit mark in just three years--three years earlier than the previous fastest-selling game platform in the country, the PlayStation 2.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183452.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

Top Bottom