• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/26 - 12/2 2007

Vinnk

Spire said:
Wii Fit didn't destroy gaming as we know it. Three cheers!

Also, Wii Japan doomed? More at eleven.

How does it doom Wii that WiiFit sold out? I don't get you logic.

Zeeberengei said:
I doubt Wiifit breaks a million. It's way too expensive to be mass market.

I'm trying to come up with a response, but the stupidity is overwhelming. Seriously, don't make assumptions like this, it's Christmas time, and from all the reports about the game's sales in Japan. So, it should be fine.

tanod

when is my burrito
mutsu said:
8800yen is only 2000yen more expensive than your typical PS2 game. Besides, it's sold out everywhere or the price is inflated like crazy (150% more expensive than RRP).

Not to mention it's the same as mainline FF and DQ games prices. They didn't have any problems selling.

Crusade

Lightning said:
Nice opening for WiiFit and decent legs now for Mario Galaxy and Mario and Sonic.

Big drop off for Winning Eleven on both PS2 and PS3.

Assassins Creed may do ok next week when Lost Odyssey boosts hardware. Decent opening week, I still expect it to take a major nosedive though. PS3 version hits Jan 31st, Ubisoft officially suck balls.

Other then that, uneventful week.
Wow. What exactly is the logic behind a time-exclusive Western game on 360 in Japan?

If the 360 sales are any indication, the game could have done some seriously impressive numbers on PS3

tanod

when is my burrito
Crusade said:
Wow. What exactly is the logic behind a time-exclusive Western game on 360 in Japan?

If the 360 sales are any indication, the game could have done some seriously impressive numbers on PS3

Maybe SCEJ's technical approval process is a bit more stringent than SCEA's?

Zeeberengei said:
I don't know. It'd be difficult to judge that without being able to gauge demand.

WiiFit will be a phenomenon in the US, for example. It is literally one appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show away from eclipsing Wii Sports as Wii's system seller. It's far cheaper than a personal trainer, a gym membership or traditional exercise equipment to boot.

How much emphasis is there in Japan for people to lose/gain weight or keep fit? High prices won't phase people if they want it bad enough.

Sean

Banned
That's pretty good sales for Assassin's Creed on 360. The game seems to be selling very well worldwide.

I thought this would've gotten lost in all the huge releases and would've benefited from a delay but I guess Ubisoft was smart in getting it out on time.

tanod

when is my burrito
vicious_killer_squirrel said:
I don't know. It'd be difficult to judge that without being able to gauge demand.

WiiFit will be a phenomenon in the US, for example. It is literally one appearance on the Oprah Winfrey Show away from eclipsing Wii Sports as Wii's system seller. It's far cheaper than a personal trainer, a gym membership or traditional exercise equipment to boot.

How much emphasis is there in Japan for people to lose/gain weight or keep fit? High prices won't phase people if they want it bad enough.

If they get it out around New Years, it'd be a nuclear bomb at retail.

Vinnk

Zeeberengei said:

Its cheaper than a new Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest title. FFXII sold for the same price or more. And it didn't come with anything.

Cheesemeister said:
Good question.

layton1.gif

It change

Lightning

Banned
Crusade said:

That's why Ubisoft suck balls because DMC4, Digeasa 3 will take the sales leaving Assassins Creed to bomb since those games are released on the same day.

Vinnk

Lupin3 said:
It's not.

Really? It was totally sold out in my town. And my frinds in Fukuoka and Nagasaki (much larger cities) can't find copies either. What part of Japan do you live in?

Grecco

Its a Western game, those tend to do better on 360 or at least decently well for a week, see Halo 3, Gears of War for instance.

On the other hand, the Musuo loving, Winning Eleven buying PS3 owners in Japan didnt really buy Rachet, or Heavenly Sword did they? Watch Uncharted bomb this week to boot.

Maybe this is why Ubisoft released it on the 360?

It's not.[./QUOTE]

proof?

boiled goose

good with gravy
tanod said:
If they get it out around New Years, it'd be a nuclear bomb at retail.

Why????

People will be looking to lose those holiday pounds....
People that didnt get a wii for the holidays will be looking for it....
Wii's userbase at that point will be around 16 million and climbing....

I don't think wii fit will have any problems in america...

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Grecco said:
Its a Western game, those tend to do better on 360 or at least decently well for a week, see Halo 3, Gears of War for instance.

On the other hand, the Musuo loving, Winning Eleven buying PS3 owners in Japan didnt really buy Rachet, or Heavenly Sword did they? Watch Uncharted bomb this week to boot.

It's not.[./QUOTE]

proof?

IIRC, HS did ok for a week or two.

Vinnk

Spire said:
Breaking news: Neogaf poster misses joke, traps self in old refrigerator.

Sorry, there are just too many people in this thread lately who aren't joking. And usually jokes are funny.

tanod

when is my burrito
amtentori said:
Why????

People will be looking to lose those holiday pounds....
People that didnt get a wii for the holidays will be looking for it....
Wii's userbase at that point will be around 16 million and climbing....

I don't think wii fit will have any problems in america...
You misunderstood me.

Nuclear bomb as in your local Wal-Mart will look like a Mad Max movie the day it comes out.

jgwhiteus

Vinnk said:
Really? It was totally sold out in my town. And my frinds in Fukuoka and Nagasaki (much larger cities) can't find copies either. What part of Japan do you live in?

I think there might have been a recent restock/new shipment - it's back in stock on Amazon (JP) at number 1, and it was definitely sold out before (and selling above MSRP at like 140000 yen).

Crusade

Grecco said:

PS3 has a far bigger userbase, period. The game would've done better on PS3 either way

apujanata

Layton and WiiFit in M-create (294K vs. 261K) are much closer compared to Famitsu's (308K vs. 254K).

Congratulation to Layton and WiiFit.

Go 1 Million, DQIV.
Mario and Sonic and Mario Galaxy have legs, like Famitsu's #.

Vinnk

jgwhiteus said:
I think there might have been a recent restock/new shipment - it's back in stock on Amazon (JP) at number 1, and it was definitely sold out before (and selling above MSRP at like 140000 yen).

Cool. I will check today to see if the restock has hit my area yet. I have several friends who are looking to pick this up who couldn't get it earlier this week.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Vinnk said:
Sorry, there are just too many people in this thread lately who aren't joking. And usually jokes are funny.

:(

But truthfully, it was intended less as funny and more as snark at the recent reactionists towards the SMG sales decline/PS3>Wii sales.

Crusade

Grecco said:
Uncharted will do more than 40k this week then.
Assassin's Creed has been getting a lot more hype in Japan than Uncharted. Even if a lot of it was contributed to "Assassin's Creeds' beautiful producer Jade Raymond" :lol

Bebpo

Banned
So ummm, Capcom was planning on moving Sengoku Basara series to Wii thinking that's where the fanbase is at. They release a PS2 version just to not totally backstab people.

PS2 version charts in the top10.

Wii version no where to be seen in the top30.

Doesn't fare to well for SB3 Wii! Wonder what Capcom's thinking right now.

madara

Hmm recreating a wii fit software shortage intentionally or being conversative the first week would actually make business sense if they weren't hundred percent sure on continuing casual crazy.

Crusade

Bebpo said:
So ummm, Capcom was planning on moving Sengoku Basara series to Wii thinking that's where the fanbase is at. They release a PS2 version just to not totally backstab people.

PS2 version charts in the top10.

Wii version no where to be seen in the top30.

Doesn't fare to well for SB3 Wii! Wonder what Capcom's thinking right now.
DS FUTURE

Top Bottom