• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 11/26 - 12/2 2007

acuul

so we can expect a nice bump for ps3 in the next week chart...

the question is: will it be just another bump or a real change in its sales?

Grecco

The mere suggestion that Wii Fit would somehow help Galaxy sales was seen as folly a couple of weeks ago. Seems it was legit. :lol

Defuser

SH:0 bomba :(

acuul said:
If the games starting now to end of next year keep the constant flowing of games then we can expect a change. GT5:p never have the power to change sales. Just a nice bump.
Only Dragon Quest or main series of Final fantasy has the power.

Jokeropia

Segata Sanshiro said:
It may sell through that first shipment yet! Especially with the price collapse!
The first shipment was ~550k, it can't not sell through it. Was the "price collapse" confirmed anywhere else than in Vinnk's village btw? It hasn't happened on Amazon so it might've been local.

Anyway, I knew Galaxy would have legs, especially through the holiday weeks. I hope all gun-jumpers learned a lesson!

acuul said:
so we can expect a nice bump for ps3 in the next week chart...

This week DS, Wii and PSP all went up in hardware, while the PS3 stayed the same despite the holiday bump. I don't think the bump will be that big next week.

Jokeropia said:
The first shipment was ~550k, it can't not sell through it. Was the "price collapse" confirmed anywhere else than in Vinnk's village btw? It hasn't happened on Amazon so it might've been local.

Anyway, I knew Galaxy would have legs, especially through the holiday weeks. I hope all gun-jumpers learned a lesson!

Vinnks said it only price collapsed in 1 store, although he noted other stores should follow suit.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, very impressive showing for the Wii.

Wii Fit amazing of course, but legs legs for Galaxy and M&S. RE:UC looks like it will reach 200K or so- solid.

felipeko

Jokeropia said:

It seems like Nintendo can't do wrong... (except in PAL land)

Jokeropia said:

My impression was that the first shipment was 700k. That's not correct?

schuelma

Segata Sanshiro said:

I don't think so- that was a retailer pre-order number, but I believe it was confirmed to have a 500-550K shipment.

Salazar

Do people have a feeling about how Valkyrie of the Battlefield will do ?

(Just been watching some videos, and can't get it out of my head).

Frillen

Galaxy haters am cry. I never doubted that that game would have amazing legs. It's very likely that it will get a couple of 50k+ weeks now and seriously who knows where it's going to stop. I personally think it will hit 1 Million.

Wii-Fit will drive Wii sales far into 08 and possible 09.

cvxfreak

Biohazard UC is holding on (sales went up slightly over last week). I wonder if it can outsell Biohazard Outbreak File 2 (210K), Biohazard 4 on GC (stopped at 220K), the REmake (260K) or the original Gun Survivor (270K).

Doesn't seem like it'll beat anything beyond those, however.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cvxfreak said:
I dunno, just look at Vice City Stories...

Even though there are 3 previous SH games on the PS2 versus 4 previous GTA3 games on the PS2 before the two installments we're talking about, I still think that VCS is a lot more "tired" than SHO.

... of course, all three mainline GTA3 games did >300k in Japan and none of the SH PS2 games did >200k (Moor-Angol).

DKJB79

felipeko said:
It seems like Nintendo can't do wrong... (except in PAL land)

Europe is no more Sony land... :D

For example, more wii in France in 1 year than XBOX360 in 2 years + PS3 is 3/4 year...

Wii is sold out in a lot of place, mario galaxy is difficult to find and people come from England to get a WII (without talkin about the queen DS...)

NINTENDO IS DOING GREAT EVERYWHERE.

Hammer24

Banned
Nice to see SMG coming back from the ER, no more life support necessary thanks to good legs.
Good numbers for LO, but it not moving many 360´s probably means that there were enough used consoles available to go with the game.

acuul

Frillen said:
Galaxy haters am cry. I never doubted that that game would have amazing legs. It's very likely that it will get a couple of 50k+ weeks now and seriously who knows where it's going to stop. I personally think it will hit 1 Million.

Wii-Fit will drive Wii sales far into 08 and possible 09.

if wii continues to sell amazingly I think mario galaxy continues to have legs, many people will discover it in the next months

Defuser

duckroll said:
Uncharted comes from behind and whips No More Heroes' ass. Poor Suda51. :lol
Did Uncharted got advertising in Japan?

I feel sorry for Suda. I feel even more sorry when he stand outside to sign but nobody came to him for a long time.

Frillen

duckroll said:

What's up with the Uncharted and No More Heroes comparison anyway? I don't see how you can compare such completely different games. Or has Sony fans hit a new low?

duckroll

Defuser said:
Did Uncharted got advertising in Japan?

I feel sorry for Suda. I feel even more sorry when he stand outside to sign but nobody came to him for a long time.

I don't feel sorry for Suda. He's on first name basis with Kojima and gets to chill at Kojima Productions any time. He's probably finished MGS4 by now. :(

harSon

Banned
Microsoft really dropped the ball with Lost Odyssey. They might as well just pull out of Japan if they are going to half ass their effort with there biggest title in Japan. The lack of advertisement and bundles for the game is just idiotic.

Elios83

Wiifit had a really positive effect on Wii hardware sales, it might really be the next killer application for casual gamers in Japan.
DS continues to be unbeatable and PSP had a nice bump although MNG2 didn't do as good as I expected.
Lost Odyssey didn't help the 360 to move units like Blu Dragon did last year, big disappointement for Sakaguchi/MGS.
Next week I expect a big PS3 bump due to GT5 Prologue, I think many people have been waiting for this title to be relased to buy the console and I expect hardware sales to be at 60k at least next week. PSP will also have the new red colour to push sales.

ziran

Wow @ Wii Fit's sales! Great to see it selling so well :D

Have had chance to play it for a little while and it really is a great game, ultimately, probably as good as Wii Sports. Nintendo has made so many amazing new IPs over the last few years I'm happy to see them continuing to have such success.

Also, amusingly, this success really pisses some people off, so it's good times all round :lol

And wow @ Wii's sales. Wii Fit is really pushing the hw, 110K for the week is excellent. I think there is definitely room for big success in home console gaming in Japan, but it has to be specific and based on great new games, similar to what happened with DS. The market seems happy to play fun experiences which can only be done in the home, playing yet another new version of an old game/genre isn't as interesting. With time, all genres could see a rise in popularity on Wii, because of the renewed interest in gaming it brings, which can only be a good thing (even for those nonsense making non-game haters :)

Nice to see Galaxy's sales improve over last week. Nintendo really has a very strong line-up for the holidays, now we've seen what consumers want. With SSBB just around the corner and Wii Music/Mario Kart soon after, the system has a good chance of maintaining momentum.

Layton 2, Mario and Sonic, Wii Sports, Power Pro 10, Mario Party, MKDS are also selling well, and REUC is performing nicely. MinGolP2 not impressive, especially considering the installed base, but not surprising as this continues to be PSP's problem. LO has sold a bit lower than I expected, but it was never going to be the big hit some people were expecting imo.

Kenka said:
ToI still suffers from its ToT-follower image

EDIT : holy cow, #30 at 13'000 ?! Who said Japan is irrevelant ?
Yeah, Namco did some damage with Tempest, they were stupid.

kottila said:
How could NMH only sell 3000 for the rest of the week? The 10k must have been rounded up
ToI only sold ~30K over the weekend, this is what can happen with hardcore only fodder, it has a big opening day then declines rapidily.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I thought 700K was the retailer pre-orders, whereas ~570K was the first shipment, which didn't sell out so the extra wasn't needed straight away.

I'm still hoping Galaxy is going to top a million, but it should at least end up ~750K, which is still good considering the current market and Sunshine.

duckroll said:
Well, given the respective dev costs (aka Uncharted = OUCH!!! where's my mommy!), I'm sure Suda still has his home and can afford to eat :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Frillen said:
What's up with the Uncharted and No More Heroes comparison anyway? I don't see how you can compare such completely different games. Or has Sony fans hit a new low?

Oh fuck off, duckroll is not an s-bot. It's amazing how someone can spend their time helping out the community on numerous occasions only to be trolled by some random Nintendo fanboy who doesn't like what he's hearing.

DKJB79 said:

For example, more wii in France in 1 year than XBOX360 in 2 years + PS3 is 3/4 year...

Wii is sold out in a lot of place, mario galaxy is difficult to find and people come from England to get a WII (without talkin about the queen DS...)

Es-tu français? Si tu es, j'aimerai savoir comment "Mario & Sonic at the Olympics" se vend en ton opinion. SEGA ont voulu 6 million ventes mais en Amerique du Nord et Japon le jeux n'est pas même pres que ca.

schuelma

One more note- For all the "Wii will destroy gaming" people- it certainly appears that the renewed interest in the Wii thanks to Wii Fit is leading to some solid software titles for the so called "real games".

duckroll

harSon said:
Microsoft really dropped the ball with Lost Odyssey. They might as well just pull out of Japan if they are going to half ass their effort with there biggest title in Japan. The lack of advertisement and bundles for the game is just idiotic.

I dunno, how do you fight a monster like Wii Fit? If I were in the same position, I wouldn't bother trying either!

DKJB79

Stumpokapow said:
Es-tu français? Si tu es, j'aimerai savoir comment "Mario & Sonic at the Olympics" se vend en ton opinion. SEGA ont voulu 6 million ventes mais en Amerique du Nord et Japon le jeux n'est pas même pres que ca.

Oui, ici la France :)

Pour Mario et sonic, beaucoup de pub à la télé et apparemment ça se vend honnêtement, mais le jeu se vendra sur la longueur je pense. jeu très casual qui se vend via le bouche à oreille aussi.

de là à en vendre plus de 1 million au niveau mondial, j'ai un doute...

felipeko

DKJB79 said:

I agree, but we know how wrong they do in Europe about (not) meeting the demand on software... that's my point:D

Kenka

DKJB79 said:

Pour Mario et sonic, beaucoup de pub à la télé et apparemment ça se vend honnêtement, mais le jeu se vendra sur la longueur je pense. jeu très casual qui se vend via le bouche à oreille aussi.

Vous pouvez pas empêcher votre grande bouche to speak french dear Frenchies ?

EDIT : dammit ! I wrote first something non-sense

Lightning

Banned
I don't think Sony give a shit about the Uncharted Japan sales. Everyone knew this game wouldn't sell in Japan, just like all western games before it. Try dissing games that are supposed to do well, not those that aren't just for the sake of dissing.

The 360 hardware going the most meaningless boost ever from their biggest Japan title of the year.

Kenka

Lightning said:
I don't think Sony give a shit about the Uncharted Japan sales. Everyone knew this game wouldn't sell in Japan, just like all western games before it.

DKC 1-2-3 say hello.

Defuser

duckroll said:
I dunno, how do you fight a monster like Wii Fit? If I were in the same position, I wouldn't bother trying either!
They could have chosen another date but nooooooo they have to choose somewhere Wiifit will be a killer for the next few weeks.

DKJB79

felipeko said:
I agree, but we know how wrong they do in Europe about (not) meeting the demand on software... that's my point:D

agree with you too...

i would have loved zack & wiki, No more heroes, nights, ghost squad for this year, but it will be early 2008... it's a shame for people waiting for big games, but i think Nintendo adjusted this because of something terrible :

with ony mario galaxy, wii sports and some other good games, they will sell out for christmas...so other games wouldn't have sold good without hardwares to be sold with.

Frillen

Stumpokapow said:
Oh fuck off, duckroll is not an s-bot. It's amazing how someone can spend their time helping out the community on numerous occasions only to be trolled by some random Nintendo fanboy who doesn't like what he's hearing.

I wasn't referring to Duckroll, but to the people who actually compare the two games.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Et de plus, c'est le jeu officiel des Olympiques, alors je prévois qu'il vendra bon l'été prochain. Merci bc pour ton anecdote. :D

Kenka said:
Vous pouvez pas empêcher votre grande bouche to speak french dear Frenchies ?

The only practice I get since most of my Québeçois friends moved back to Québec is Jeux-France, and to be honest I'd rather derail GAF with a few french posts than try to find good analysis over there :p

DKJB79 said:

The "in this thread we speak french" thread is that way. :p

Kenka

Stumpokapow said:
The only practice I get since most of my Québeçois friends moved back to Québec is Jeux-France, and to be honest I'd rather derail GAF with a few french posts than try to find good analysis over there :p

Sorry to overreract. I kinda
feel ashamed, sorry....:(

cvxfreak said:
11. DQ4 42000(776000)
12. Wii Sports 41000(2194000)
13. Wii Play 40000(1747000)
14. Mario and Sonic 39000(149000)
20. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 20000(1100000)
23. WE 2008 PS3 17000(193000)
25. Mario Kart DS 16000(2581000)
27. Layton 1 14000(710000)
29. Mario Party 8 14000(918000)
30. Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles 14000(161000)

Holy crap at Wii Sports and Wii Play still enjoying great sales. And it seems that Layton 2 is helping Layton 1 as well. Where will they stop ? Is Mario Party 8 now the best selling Mario Party in Japan ?

Top Bottom