• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 12 - 18 June

Jiggy

neo2046 said:
more unconfirmed data

NDS Magical Vacation - 13,571
What the?

Wow, that's... disturbing if true. Was something really wrong with its GBA predecessor or what happened? MV2 is an RPG in Japan on DS and every screenshot and video I've seen makes it look good, so by all rights it should have done well...

Jiggy37 said:
What the?

Wow, that's... disturbing if true. Was something really wrong with its GBA predecessor or what happened? MV2 is an RPG in Japan on DS and every screenshot and video I've seen makes it look good, so by all rights it should have done well...

non-games killing real games of course. nevermind that new mario game, it doesn't count.

Terrell

Jiggy37 said:
What the?

It was an RPG that went toe-to-toe with VP2's opening week. RPG fans were going to buy Valkyrie Profile to have their itch scratched, and there was nothing that Magical Vacation could do to change their mind.
RPG going up against Square Enix marketing = BOMBA

Clever Pun said:
non-games killing real games of course. nevermind that new mario game, it doesn't count.
Yeah, might wanna forget that Pokemon Ranger game and that Tetris game, as well, cuz those shouldn't count either. :lol

Those New Super Mario Bros. legs are insane, considering the numbers it's still doing. It's now within about 1 million of Animal Crossing for the no.1 selling DS title and closing fast in just about 1 month of sales.

It also may be the first Mario title to sell 3+ million in Japan since Super Mario World launched with the Super Famicom in 1990.

Terrell

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Does someone have Magical Vacation numbers? Poor Brownie Brown though.
I think that after the strong numbers that Mother 3 posted, Brownie Brown is feeling alright about themselves.
Besides, this game is coming to North America. If it flops bad here, then BB can start crying.

Top Bottom