• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/24 - 12/30 2007

Lobster

Banned
*Guaraná said:
So it's safe to say RE:UC did over 500k world wide. With some luck could be 500k for Japan and America only and around 600k World Wide.

Yup it definitely would be safe to so 500k for Japan and America and 600k worldwide.

I don't know why it did so bad in Europe though..I thought maybe, like Resident Evil 4, it would've been its strongest market.

Wii-za

Wii-za said:
Mmmm...how different are this numbers compared to the Famitsu ones???

Oh sure Wii-za...here you go:

Media Create vs. Famitsu/Enterbrain Numbers

1. Super Robot Wars OG Side Story (PS2) : +-2k
2. Wii Fit (Wii) : +-54k
3. Mario Party DS (DS) : +-31k
4. FF4 DS (DS) : +-12k
5. Star Ocean 1 First Departure (PSP) : +-10k
6. Wii Sports (Wii) : +-??k
7. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku (PSP) : +-10k
8. Professor Layton and Pandora's Box (DS) : +-??k
9. DQ4 (DS) : +-12k
10. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) : +-12k

Tenbatsu

Lobster said:
Yup it definitely would be safe to so 500k for Japan and America and 600k worldwide.

I don't know why it did so bad in Europe though..I thought maybe, like Resident Evil 4, it would've been its strongest market.

RE: UC is a really good game IMO.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
PantherLotus said:
what do you have in mind?

it was weekly sales, but i believe cheesemeister covered it and more than i could ever ask for :D

i wouldn't mind having wii sales for a week or two before wiifit came out up to the current week though, just to see their relationship, on the same chart as the wiifit weekly sales

its pretty much doing what i thought it'd be doing, although i might have expected it to sustain a little bit higher.

Vinnk

Lobster said:

What were Capcoms predictions for B:UC? For some reason I can't remember. Were they 600k?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Vinnk said:
What were Capcoms predictions for B:UC? For some reason I can't remember. Were they 600k?

Within fiscal year or one year of release, it was never clarified. This number is worldwide:
400k for RE4Wii
620k for RE:UC

"Homebrew"?

I mean PSP sales are amazing, but software sales suck. Star Ocean sold well enough sure, but considering all the PSP's that are flying off the shelves I'd expect it to have done better than that. And it'll be gone next week I'm sure.

davepoobond said:
it was weekly sales, but i believe cheesemeister covered it and more than i could ever ask for :D

i wouldn't mind having wii sales for a week or two before wiifit came out up to the current week though, just to see their relationship, on the same chart as the wiifit weekly sales

its pretty much doing what i thought it'd be doing, although i might have expected it to sustain a little bit higher.

Updated. Refresh if need be.

wiifit.png

Xeke

Banned
Capcom really is doing a great job building a RE user base on the Wii and an all around good job all together in regards to this gen.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Cheesemeister said:
Updated. Refresh if need be.

[IG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/cheesemeister05/wiifit.png[/IMG]

thank you! :D

it'd be interesting to see what happens to the chart after a couple weeks

AniHawk

Xeke said:
Capcom really is doing a great job building a RE user base on the Wii and an all around good job all together in regards to this gen.

Agreed. They're the one Japanese developer that really figured out how to build an audience on all systems (except perhaps the PS3 and PSP).

cvxfreak

Xeke said:

Yes, and it's ironic how Capcom's comfortably built the RE Wii userbase through a 2.5 year old port and a rail shooter spinoff, versus the efforts they did back on the GameCube with a full-fledged remake and two original titles.

cvxfreak said:
Yes, and it's ironic how Capcom's comfortably built the RE Wii userbase through a 2.5 year old port and a rail shooter spinoff, versus the efforts they did back on the GameCube with a full-fledged remake and two original titles.

That's because rail shooters are awesome.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AniHawk said:
Agreed. They're the one Japanese developer that really figured out how to build an audience on all systems (except perhaps the PS3 and PSP).

I think they are fine with MH on PSP

AniHawk

HK-47 said:
I think they are fine with MH on PSP

Oh yeah, I forgot about the system's only Japanese million sellers. Strange, that. All I could think of was UGnG, the Mega Man games, and Castlevania remake.

Link

The Autumn Wind
cvxfreak said:
I'm sure the GC games laid some groundwork.

AniHawk said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about the system's only Japanese million sellers. Strange, that. All I could think of was UGnG, the Mega Man games, and Castlevania remake.

No chances for MMPU2. *sigh*

Oh, well. We'll get MMZXB or something sooner or later.

beef3483

Xeke said:

Which is why it's baffling that they haven't yet announced a mainline game on the system as of yet. They spent all last gen builing a fanbase amongst Nintendo gamers.

Not saying it has to be RE5, but how about 6 or 7?

beef3483 said:
Which is baffling that they haven't yet announced a mainline game on the system as of yet. They spent all last gen builing a fanbase amongst Nintendo gamers.

Not saying it has to be RE5, but how about 6 or 7?

...You want them to announce RE6 before RE5 has even been released - or heck, even playable?

They literally did. :p

Bahaha.

(So did the PS2!)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Pureauthor said:
...You want them to announce RE6 before RE5 has even been released - or heck, even playable?

What he meant to say was RE 2 Remake obviously

beef3483

Pureauthor said:
...You want them to announce RE6 before RE5 has even been released - or heck, even playable

Why not? I'm not too worried about story continuity in RE games and each successive sequal has not used the same characters as the one before it.

HK-47 said:
What he meant to say was RE 2 Remake obviously
No, actually. I'm sick of remakes.
Unless it's Final Fantasy 6.

beef3483 said:
Why not? I'm not too worried about story continuity in RE games and each successive sequal has not used the same characters as the one before it.

Because from a business standpoint it's a horrible and idiotic decision. No one wants to split up potential hype between two different games that supposedly would share equal billing.

The Wii (and frankly, any other system on the market) will not won't see an RE6 until RE5 has come and gone. The most you could hope for is Code Veronica's spiritual successor.

beef3483 said:

No, actually. I'm sick of remakes.
Unless it's Final Fantasy 6.
You aren't worried, but something tells me Capcom's accountants might be.

ethelred

Tenbatsu said:
Monster Hunter DS? It might happen thou.

That makes sense. The PS2 games had visuals on the right level to allow them to easily do a port to PSP. The Wii version might provide the same opening for a potential DS port.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
ethelred said:
That makes sense. The PS2 games had visuals on the right level to allow them to easily do a port to PSP. The Wii version might provide the same opening for a potential DS port.
Transparent :lol

Tenbatsu

ethelred said:

Not to forget about this.
l_sa_game3.jpg

beef3483

Pureauthor said:
Because from a business standpoint it's a horrible and idiotic decision. No one wants to split up potential hype between two different games that supposedly would share equal billing.

The Wii (and frankly, any other system on the market) will not won't see an RE6 until RE5 has come and gone. The most you could hope for is Code Veronica's spiritual successor.

Why can't hype for one build hype for the other? If releasing a mainline RE on two different systems kills hype then why do we see RE5 as multiplat?

beef3483 said:
Why can't hype for one build hype for the other? If releasing a mainline RE on two different systems kills hype then why do we see RE5 as multiplat?

Please, do explain to me how announcing RE6 would build hype for RE5.

Also, it's not having a mainline RE on two different platforms. It's having two different mainline REs in contention at the same time. Reread my last post on this subject and you'll note that I said no system will glimpse RE6 until RE5 has come and gone.

linsivvi

Just call it RE something, they don't have to use the number system. There are so many characters that they could just make a continuation on a couple of them. Just make it plays like RE4 with some enhancements and I am sure it will sell.

ethelred said:

PS2 MH >>>>> Wii MH? :lol

Top Bottom