• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/24 - 12/30 2007

Dascu

1. Mario Party DS 208000(1441000)
2. Wii Sports 127000(2592000)
3. Wii Play 103000(2093000)
4. Wii Fit 94000(912000)
5. Final Fantasy IV 80000(527000)
6. Mario & Sonic 74000(438000)
7. Dragon Quest IV 70000(1123000)
8. Mario Kart DS 68000(2764000)
9. No More Heroes 68000(1122000)
10. Super Mario Galaxy 62000(810000)

Great legs!

:(

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, RE:UC looking very good.

Galaxy starting to taper off a bit.

ksamedi

fresquito said:
This is wrong on so many levels. More like they ran away from PSP's crappy software sales.

It really isn't wrong. The same happened to the DS where almost no third party game was selling because of crappy games. Now that the userbase has grown developers feel confident to put some quality teams behind the DS. The same must happen to the PSP as well but I guess it will be much harder to think up an interesting PSP game without it being a big budget title.

Lobster

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Famitsu 12/31 - 1/6

DSL 312000
Wii 243000
PSP 189000
PS3 70000
PS2 35000
360 13000

1. Mario Party DS 208000(1441000)
2. Wii Sports 127000(2592000)
3. Wii Play 103000(2093000)
4. Wii Fit 94000(912000)
5. Final Fantasy IV 80000(527000)
6. Mario & Sonic 74000(438000)
7. Dragon Quest IV 70000(1123000)
8. Mario Kart DS 68000(2764000)
9. Mario Party 8 68000(1122000)
10. Super Mario Galaxy 62000(810000)

11. Layton 2 59000(674000)
12. Rune Factory 2 56000 (NEW)
13. Star Ocean First Departure 46000(161000)
14. Pokemon MD2 46000(1302000)
15. SRT OG Gaiden 43000(242000)
16. New Super Marios Bros 43000(5038000)
17. Powerful Pro-kun Pocket 10 42000(200000)
18. Monster Hunter Portable 2 42000(1532000)
19. Winning Eleven PS2 37000(582000)
20. ....
21. Animal Crossing 29000(4542000)
22. Layton 1 26000(792000)
23. ....
24. Taiko Drum Master DS 24000(303000)
25. More Brain Training 24000(4807000)
26. Flash Focus Vision Training 23000(752000)
27. IE Institute's Kanji Training 2 23000(134000)
28. Ryu ga Gotoku 2 (The Best!) 23000(88000)
29. Resident Evil UC 21000(234000)
30. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 21000(179000)

Holy shit go UC!

Mario Galaxy mini-bump :\

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
With Mario & Sonic's sales this week, it knocks off MinGol5 as the 10th best selling next-gen game. The top ten next-gen games are now the top-ten Wii games.

In order:
1. Wii Sports (Wii)
2. Wii Play (Wii)
3. MP8 (Wii)
4. Wii Fit (Wii)
5. Galaxy (Wii)
6. Zelda (Wii)
7. WarioWare (Wii)
8. Super Paper Mario (Wii)
9. DQS (Wii)
10. Mario and Sonic (Wii)

11. MinGol 5 (PS3)
12. Pokemon Battle Revolution (Wii)
13. Gundam Musou (PS3)
14. DW6 PS3 (PS3)
15. RE:UC (Wii)
16. Big Brain Academy Wii (Wii)
17. PES 2008 (PS3)
18. Blue Dragon (X360)
19. DBZ: BT2 (Wii)
20. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (Wii)

Below this point the data starts getting kind of murky to the point that without a top500 yearly chart we won't be able to stratify properly past here, but I'm reasonably certain that the top 20 list is dead on minus a few potential order switches from 15th-20th place.

Lobster

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
With Mario & Sonic's sales this week, it knocks off MinGol5 as the 10th best selling next-gen game. The top ten next-gen games are now the top-ten Wii games.

In order:
1. Wii Sports
2. Wii Play
3. MP8
4. Wii Fit
5. Galaxy
6. Zelda
7. WarioWare
8. Super Paper Mario
9. DQS
10. Mario and Sonic

11. MinGol 5
12. Pokemon Battle Revolution
13. Gundam Musou
14. DW6 PS3
15. RE:UC
16. Big Brain Academy Wii
17. PES 2008
18. Blue Dragon
19. DBZ: BT2 Wii
20. Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Mario and Sonic should surpass DQS next week aswell.

Vinnk

I'm so happy for Layton. It's sales are both great and fully deserved.

So, anything you guys want me to look for tomorrow?

jarrod

Banned
slaughterking said:
And funny how Mario Kart DS invaded the Top 10 again selling nearly 70k units. :lol
MKDS is on track to become the best selling racer ever... it's going to unseat GT3 even.

REUC is doing pretty amazingly to considering it's circumstances. DQ Swords, REUC... too bad Musou Katana didn't quite make it. :lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also, including the DS and the PSP, the top 10 looks like this:

1. Pokemon DP (DS)
2. NSMB (DS)
3. BT2 (DS)
4. Animal Crossing: WW (DS)
5. BT (DS)
6. MKDS (DS)
7. Wii Sports (Wii)
8. Wii Play (Wii)
9. English Training (DS)
10. Nintendogs (DS)

Also, we can now be entirely positive that the DS has more million sellers than the PS2. The DS has 18 confirmed tracked million sellers (combining Pokemon DP and Pokemon MD2. If you split those, you're down to 17 million sellers), and two games above 975k that have shipped a million and almost certainly broken 1mln off charts. The PS2 has 17 million sellers.

jarrod

Banned
ksamedi said:
It really isn't wrong. The same happened to the DS where almost no third party game was selling because of crappy games. Now that the userbase has grown developers feel confident to put some quality teams behind the DS. The same must happen to the PSP as well but I guess it will be much harder to think up an interesting PSP game without it being a big budget title.
Uh, 3rd parties started out delivering their best on PSP... I mean all the super biggies have already hit or been announced (MGS, FF, KH, RR, Silent Hill, Tekken, Musou, Monster Hunter, etc), what else do you want?

Grecco said:
I get the feeling we will see a real Resident Evil game announced for the Wii by May of this year.

Yep, Capcom would be fools if they didn't put out a RE: Survivor compilation after the UC sales.

ksamedi

jarrod said:
Uh, 3rd parties started out delivering their best on PSP... I mean all the super biggies have already hit or been announced (MGS, FF, KH, RR, Silent Hill, Tekken, Musou, Monster Hunter, etc), what else do you want?

They did well no? Its not that I think the PSP is a monster in software sales but I do think that big budget games like these do have a market on the PSP. The DS just has more creative titles that can also sell well (and a much bigger userbase). With the PSP selling so well recently I think Japanese publishers will continue to give some big title support even if the software sales are crappy at the moment.

jarrod

Banned
Zerodoppler said:
Yep, Capcom would be fools if they didn't put out a RE: Survivor compilation after the UC sales.
Yeah, because not killing a hungry new fanbase would be totally foolish. :p

I wouldn't rule out a RE4-2 or something, but Survivor Collection's likely NEVER happening.

jarrod

Banned
ksamedi said:
They did well no? Its not that I think the PSP is a monster in software sales but I do think that big budget games like these do have a market on the PSP. The DS just has more creative titles that can also sell well (and a much bigger userbase). With the PSP selling so well recently I think Japanese publishers will continue to give some big title support even if the software sales are crappy at the moment.
PSP's problem is that even big bidget games tend to cost near what they would to make on PS2, and sell about half what they would on PS2. Obviously there's some exceptions, but really, unless a developer has some interest in specifically pushing PSP as a platform, there's almost no incentive to do a ground up PSP game.

I think people are overestimating the slim's 2nd wind here...

Grecco

ksamedi said:

These games would sell well anywhere. They will cost maybe less and sell more on other consoles to boot.

ksamedi

jarrod said:
PSP's problem is that even big bidget games tend to cost near what they would to make on PS2, and sell about half what they would on PS2. Obviously there's some exceptions, but really, unless a developer has some interest in specifically pushing PSP as a platform, there's almost no incentive to do a ground up PSP game.

I think people are overestimating the slim's 2nd wind here...

Its still good buisness to have titles on both DS and PSP even if you support the DS more. There is profit to be made on both platforms. I think its time for a lot of Japanese publishers to expand there operations and hire new people. You got the Wii, PSP, DS and PS3/360 combo to think about this generation, all could prove to be profitable with the right titles. The main support should go to Wii and DS ofcourse but there should be quality teams for the rest as well if they want to maximize profits.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Grecco said:
These games would sell well anywhere. They will cost maybe less and sell more on other consoles to boot.

That's not necessarily true. I genuinely believe that certain titles (notably the big three; the two MHP games and FF7:CC) are honestly best positioned on the PSP and really would not have sold more copies anywhere else.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
DefectiveReject said:
i know not to heed too much to Famitsu numbers, but still looks good. Japans' rejection of next gen continues.

Famitsu numbers are as valid or more valid than Media-Create numbers... and both are substantially more representative of Japan than NPD numbers are in the US.

fresquito

Stumpokapow said:
That's not necessarily true. I genuinely believe that certain titles (notably the big three; the two MHP games and FF7:CC) are honestly best positioned on the PSP and really would not have sold more copies anywhere else.
Well, PSP has some factors inherent to itself. One of them is that there's virtually no competition when a big game launches, as opposed to other systems. For istance, that's one of the reason why Shymponia is the best Tales sales-wise, because there was no other game to go for at the moment it was released.

cvxfreak

Moor-Angol said:
GREAT !!!! RE:UC > RE4 GC !!!!!!!!!11

85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg

85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg

85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg

85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg
85curyh.jpg

At this point it'll surpass the REmake too.

Scum

jarrod said:
Yeah, because not killing a hungry new fanbase would be totally foolish. :p

I wouldn't rule out a RE4-2 or something, but Survivor Collection's likely NEVER happening.
Perhaps a remake of RE2... Make it happen, CapGod!

Loudninja said:
Ps3 went back up again , i wonder why?
Because its usually the biggest selling week in the Japanese calendar...... hence everything going up, not just PS3?!?!?!?!

And Famitsu numbers are usually off from Media Create

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Loudninja said:
What are you talking about?

It may well drop substantially after DMC4. I highly doubt that 10k will happen again, but <20k per week would not at all surprise me.

DefectiveReject said:

That's not true and even if it were, Famitsu is not any less reliable than Media Create and it would be wrong to assume that in the event of a difference, Media Create is closer to the absolutely correct figure.

Loudninja

DefectiveReject said:
Because its usually the biggest selling week in the Japanese calendar...... hence everything going up, not just PS3?!?!?!?!

Yeah also

28. Ryu ga Gotoku 2 (The Best!)&#12288;23000&#65288;88000&#65289;

:0

It may well drop substantially after DMC4. I highly doubt that 10k will happen again, but <20k per week would not at all surprise me.

It could but people being saying that after every game.

swerve

DMC4 has heavy in-store presence, with dedicated monitors showing trailers (with cardboard display-borders of Nero and Dante), and very big stand-up 'plinths'. No idea about demand or pre-orders, which reminds me I should go put one down...

Smash Brothers has high billing on the Wii video reel that runs on Wii stations, but isn't being pushed much around here because all pre-orders have been stopped due to demand. Sofmap (one of the biggest chains) doesn't have any more pre-orders and the indie stores stopped a few weeks back.

jarrod

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I dunno... I bet Crisis Core would've done notably better on PS2.

Grecco

Stumpokapow said:

I agree with MH but not FF7, a prequel to the most popular FF would have sold well anywhere.

Vinnk

Moor-Angol said:
Check the situation for DMC4 and Smash Bros Brawl regarding shop advertising and sell estimates

Sure. If there is anything noteworthy I'll try to snap a picture.

ksamedi said:
vinnk, could you check the Wii supply situation again, I want to see if it sold out.

Sure. I don't think it sold out, but with those numbers I could be wrong.

Vinnk

swerve said:
DMC4 has heavy in-store presence, with dedicated monitors showing trailers (with cardboard display-borders of Nero and Dante), and very big stand-up 'plinths'. No idea about demand or pre-orders, which reminds me I should go put one down...

Smash Brothers has high billing on the Wii video reel that runs on Wii stations, but isn't being pushed much around here because all pre-orders have been stopped due to demand. Sofmap (one of the biggest chains) doesn't have any more pre-orders and the indie stores stopped a few weeks back.

Yeah, as of last week there was almost no in-store advertising. I'd like to say I found that surprising but with Nintendo nothing surprises me anymore.

Bo130

Wow, amazing NSMB. Does anyone have a complete list of games that has passed 5M in Japan? Super Mario Bros.? Super Mario Bros. 3?

Segata Sanshiro said:
Jeez M&S is a machine. Can't believe how its sales are going after selling a meager 15k on the first day.

It's amazing. who would have thought Sega would make such a comeback

Top Bottom