• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 12/26-01/01 It's Real Bitches

Fuzzy said:
The PSP sold 546,286 in December, that's less than what the DS sold 12/19-12/25 (597,628).

For kicks you could throw in the last week of November for PSP as well (51,156) and still end up under with 597,442.

meppi

Great numbers again.

What really makes me wonder now is how many new game announcements we will be getting in the coming months.

Looking at the sales week after week after week, Japanese developers surely must be thinking of putting a lot more (or even more, whatever's the case) support behind the DS now.

About Brain Training, it's listed on the Nintendo-europe site for a release in March. And yeah, I'm actually interested in trying it out too.
Whatever people want to call it, if it's fun, I'll play it. If I can play with it and enjoy the software, then it's a game for me. Pretty simple.

Never seen a title like it, so I'm very curious how it turns out.

Oh, and thanks about Sudoku. Never heard of it before.
Just tried this out and really liked it. :)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Game or non game, if the sequel to brain training sells 40% of what the first did over many weeks, then it must be a quality title. I'd like to play it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
solarplexus said:
GC 12,579
Xbox360 12,300

The real war!
Since Xbox 360 was launched (the GCN had 5 more days since the 360 was launched on a Saturday).

GCN - 79,286
Xbox 360 - 70,567

I was convinced the PSP would outsell the DS this week, as consumers opted for the PSP due to the shortages. This event was to be called Passover, but it didn't happen.

Considering the DS, despite shortages, still almost sold 400,000 in a week I wonder what would have happen if their were no shortages. Wow.

Mario Kart DS sales are impressive. I didn't expect the game to do this well in Japan actually. It also shows that DS owers are also buying true games for the system. ML2's quiet launch is somewhat interesting though.

Anyone have a release list of upcoming Japan DS games? If I remember correctly, Children of Mana comes out in Feb. right? If Square Enix was smart they'd delay the game and add Wi Fi support.

Fuzzy

PhoenixDark said:
ML2's quiet launch is somewhat interesting though.
To compare, M&L:SS debuted at 52,400 the week of 11/17-11/23 in 2003 and had 252,400 by the end of the year according to Game Science archives.

polg

82964349_10c615a57d_o.png

is everything there?

ziran

PhoenixDark said:
Anyone have a release list of upcoming Japan DS games? If I remember correctly, Children of Mana comes out in Feb. right? If Square Enix was smart they'd delay the game and add Wi Fi support.
from play-asia:

Yakitate!! Japan Jan 12, 2006 Bandai
Zettai Zetsumei Den Chara Suji-San DS Jan 14, 2006 Kids Station
BioHazard: Deadly Silence Jan 19, 2006 Capcom
BioHazard: Deadly Silence [Limited Pack] Jan 19, 2006 Capcom
Iron Feather Jan 19, 2006 Konami
Kero Kero 7 Jan 19, 2006 Bandai
Lost Magic Jan 19, 2006 Taito
Metroid Pinball Jan 19, 2006 Nintendo of Japan
Bleach DS: Souten ni Kakeru Unmei Jan 26, 2006 Sega
Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training: Eigo Kyozaike Jan 26, 2006 Nintendo of Japan
Nanostray Jan 26, 2006 Taito
Jinsei-Game DS Jan 31, 2006 Atlus
Simple DS Series Vol. 7: The Zokusha Kids Jan 31, 2006 D3 Publisher
Eyeshield 21: Max Devil Power Feb 02, 2006 Nintendo of Japan
Pull!! Puzzle Bobble Feb 02, 2006 Taito
Choko Inu no Mise [tentative] Feb 09, 2006 TDK Mediactive
The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer Feb 09, 2006 Sega
Unou no Tatsujin: Soukai! Machigai Museum Feb 09, 2006 Namco
Kono Quiz Yarou!! Feb 16, 2006 Namco
Angelic Duet Feb 23, 2006 Koei
Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana Feb 23, 2006 Square Enix
Top Gun Feb 23, 2006 Taito
Daikoukai Jidai IV: Rota Nova [tentative] Mar 02, 2006 Koei
Doraemon: Nobita no Kyouryuu 2006 DS Mar 02, 2006 Sega
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe Mar 02, 2006 D3 Publisher
Tengai Makyou II: Manji Maru Mar 09, 2006 Hudson
Garak Tale Mar 16, 2006 Koei
Deep Labyrinth Mar 23, 2006 Interactive Brains
Nobunaga no Yabou DS Mar 23, 2006 Koei
Marheaven: Karudea no Akuma Mar 30, 2006 Konami

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
One Nintendo game only in that list? It seems like Nintendo is giving third parties a chance in Q1 2006 :lol

Ark-AMN

Banned
I guess this is why Iwata always looks so spaced out.
iwataheaven5pp.jpg

He's probably going to be even more dreamy-eyed when he's going to speak at E3.

PhoenixDark said:

I hope you mean local wireless, cause internet play for a Mana game wouldn't work at all.

Fuzzy

marc^o^ said:
One Nintendo game only in that list? It seems like Nintendo is giving third parties a chance in Q1 2006 :lol
Three.

Metroid Pinball Jan 19, 2006 Nintendo of Japan
Eigo ga Nigate na Otona no DS Training: Eigo Kyozaike Jan 26, 2006 Nintendo of Japan
Eyeshield 21: Max Devil Power Feb 02, 2006 Nintendo of Japan

polg

donny2112 said:
I'm pretty sure that Culex got the DS gain number incorrect. I don't have an account to do direct linking, but here's what I have for Culex's chart.

Edit:

Fixed. ;)

well... in the chart that culex gave me... the gain was 2,092,375 + this weeks difference is what the chart shows...

I'll check it tomorrow... when I'm sober...

shall I make a new chart with 2006 only numbers from next week?

polg

wazoo said:
looking at your charts, I see that BT2 had a negative impact on DS sales.

Japanese are already bored with non-games.

I'll mark this "shortages era" from next week

polg

Fuzzy said:
You're correct, the DS gains while behing ahead for the past 37 weeks is 2,085,399.

Excel agrees with you fuzzy... here's the new chart:

82975133_1edc41b36b_o.png

off to bed... will check any other comments tomorrow

Acrylamid

Moor-Angol said:
I have updated DS total games sales chart after a long time, now it's since Dec 25th.

AC and Otona are millions sellers and i think currently also Nintendogs is million seller too and probably Gentle Brain Training has still chance.

http://moorangol.altervista.org/ds.html
"The game sold more than 5.000.000 units"
I see, you're already anticipating the Pokémon Pearl/Diamond release. :)

Acrylamid said:
"The game sold more than 5.000.000 units"
I see, you already anticipate the Pokémon Pearl/Diamond release. :)

Ahahaahahha

no, no, check GBA page for 5 million game :)

but probably i will use that color also in DS page

Batongen

Banned
I'm starting to wonder what a new "non-game" could do to the DS in Japan. There are a lot of unexplored territories :D

Batongen said:
I'm starting to wonder what a new "non-game" could do to the DS in Japan. There are a lot of unexplored territories :D

On DS there aren't Hentai Games x_x

:D Yawaraka Atama Juku, Otona no DS Training are great games, I'm glad that PSP is won because of these experiments.

Brain Trainer (Sega) doesn't sell well.. What do you think about guys?

Koren

AniHawk said:
I wonder if the PSP will outsell the DS due to shortages.
Not sure with shortages alone...

Difference between shipped and sell-through was about 180k. So if they managed to sell 400k, they probably shipped about 250k. They'll probably be able to ship 100-150k per week during the following weeks... and PSP should come back in the 40-80k range (my guess).

Koren

Dinamidante™ said:
On DS there aren't Hentai Games x_x
Really ? Quite surprising, actually... (Only the Tecmo soft attempt ?)

Brain Trainer (Sega) doesn't sell well.. What do you think about guys?
Besides Sega, I'd say that a quizz systems wit four buttons doesn't replace a stylus and a microphone...

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Prediction: By March Tecmo will announce a PS3 version of DOA 4.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Koren said:
Besides Sega, I'd say that a quizz systems wit four buttons doesn't replace a stylus and a microphone...
Are you saying the human/machine interface can make a bigger difference than the graphics?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
So now Brain Training 2 and Mario and Luigi are out, what (and when) are the next big DS releases?

When is Mario out?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
wow ..... wtf WOW.

whats even more WOW is they told me i would say wow and i did. fuck. i know miyamoto and reggie are krunk off the bubbly, cuddling in a hot tub together somewhere right now. if they advertise revolution by aligning it with ds, i think well have a winner. next gen, ninty ftw!

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
meppi said:
What really makes me wonder now is how many new game announcements we will be getting in the coming months.

Looking at the sales week after week after week, Japanese developers surely must be thinking of putting a lot more (or even more, whatever's the case) support behind the DS now.

QFT

i really hope this A) give a push towards more development of ds software and B) gives a push towards more development of Rev software, that is if it didnt have it before (who knows?)

i hope i get more online titles out of this. i would love to have a mario party online, or maybe wario ware online :D

Top Bottom