• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 2/11 - 2/17

icecream

Public Health Threat
KimiKiss!

A re-release of the PS2 ADV the anime is based on. (The original release sold quite well.) This version has extra tweaks, (a backlog, finally!) plus the content from the special Ebi Kore discs and is budget priced.

rakka

_leech_ said:
Umm, what's this?
tora.jpg

from the site

icecream

Public Health Threat
Don't misunderstand, it's just a pre-reservation telephone card that has fanservice catered to fans devoted enough to pre-order. The actual game is very pure.

sofmap.jpg

gdt

fernoca said:
Is not that surprising though...
Galaxy already outsold Sunshine in Japan too..
So, Brawl outselling Melee was expected..

And worldwide, the story is the same..
-Galaxy is at 3 months, what Sunshine did in 60 months (5.5 million)
-Twilight Princess was at 12 months, what Wind Waker did in 45 months (4.5 million)*
-Prime 3 is at 4 months, what Prime 2 did in 35 months (1.2 million)

*Wii Twilight/version number only, combined with the GCN version; Twilight is at around 6 million copies.

Man, I forgot how well TP sold. Was it the best selling game of 2006, or was that Gears?

VerTiGo

Banned
How many million sellers do we have in Japan alone for the Wii now? Talk about a complete turnaround. Nintendo has already destroyed the GameCube in just over a year.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
icecream said:
Don't misunderstand, it's just a pre-reservation telephone card that has fanservice catered to fans devoted enough to pre-order. The actual game is very pure.

sofmap.jpg

That is a dam shame that the game is very pure! :D

gdt

Remeber before Halo 3 was released, some people were saying that Brawl could outsell it. After numbers like these, can it?

Although, COD4 has already put up some serious multi-console competition. Anywho, I think Smash can beat it.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Dragona Akehi said:
Hmm... So I wonder about Monster Hunter 2G. I wonder if I should just wait for that instead of getting MHP2... anyone have a breakdown of the differences?

Check out this blog post for some of the features initially announced. I haven't kept up with the game so I'm not sure what else is being added.

Personally, I would suggest holding off for 2G just because it's got everything in MHP2 plus more content. The only reason for MHP2 now is either 1) its lower price or 2) all your friends plan on staying with MHP2 and not upgrading.

jman2050

icecream said:

sofmap.jpg

It's funny to live in a world where an anime dating simulation game is considered 'pure' just because the girls don't take their clothes off at the slightest provocation.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
jman2050 said:
It's funny to live in a world where an anime dating simulation game is considered 'pure' just because the girls don't take their clothes off at the slightest provocation.

If those are the standards, than Sakura Taisen and Tokimeki are "very pure" :lol

icecream said:

sofmap.jpg

(From the website you linked to)

jman2050 said:
Is it even a dating sim?

icecream

Public Health Threat
jman2050 said:
Actually, it's more in the sense of the emphasis and theme of the game. There are non-H games that still focus on the 'lust' or pushing the line as far as it can go without crossing it. And there are games like KimiKiss that while having a similar setup of a guy and girl, focus on the events, emotions, and understanding that leads up to the acceptance of one's love.

Totally different.

Metal Gear?! said:
[(From the website you linked to)

Is it even a dating sim?
It's an ADV, with dating sim elements. And the screens you're showing are from the bonus content on the PC disk.

AniHawk

Eh, just came home from picking up some gaming thingamabobs (AJAA and a play and charge kit). Wii Fit was added to the reservation SKU today, and there are already 6 reservations for it at my store.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AniHawk said:
Eh, just came home from picking up some gaming thingamabobs (AJAA and a play and charge kit). Wii Fit was added to the reservation SKU today, and there are already 6 reservations for it at my store.
Wow

AniHawk said:

Excellent. I'm going to pre-order MK and Wii Fit tomorrow. Glad to know the SKU has been added, thanks.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Great Rumbler said:
Okay, we'll take out 2 or 3 million from its total. That brings it down to only 14 or so million.

I dont care its been bundled. Multiple games beat the shit out of Nintendogs if you do that. Plus you dont know how much or how little came from bundles.

Once again I'm talking Wii here. Stop bringing up DS games

HK-47 said:
I dont care its been bundled. Multiple games beat the shit out of Nintendogs if you do that. Plus you dont know how much or how little came from bundles.

Once again I'm talking Wii here. Stop bringing up DS games

Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be the highest selling Wii game with Mario, Sonic, and Solid Snake fighting against each other EVER!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Great Rumbler said:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be the highest selling Wii game with Mario, Sonic, and Solid Snake fighting against each other EVER!

As well as the highest selling non bundled Wii game

TJ Spyke

HK-47 said:
As well as the highest selling non bundled Wii game

Wii Play (which is not a bundled game before anymore tries to claim that it is) was up to 9.23 million copies as of December 31, so SSBB has a long way to go to become #1 among non-bundled Wii games.

Tideas

Banned
see Namco, if you release you games on the PS3, it'll sel in Japan

TJ Spyke said:
Wii Play (which is not a bundled game before anymore tries to claim that it is) was up to 9.23 million copies as of December 31, so SSBB has a long way to go to become #1 among non-bundled Wii games.

Isn't it a bundled controller?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
TJ Spyke said:
Bundled with controller. I'm talk standalone, by itself, no strings attached game

Lobster

Banned
Tideas said:
see Namco, if you release you games on the PS3, it'll sel in Japan

how did you get 9 million when it says on the front page it's LTD is 2. sometime mil?

What are you talking about? Are you talking about DMC4? Its seriously no shit that sequels to some of the biggest games from last gen sell..

Look at Family ski though..That game has no history and is a new IP but will probably hit over 100k LTD which is a pretty good success.

The 9 million is WW.

icecream

Public Health Threat
HK-47 said:
I sure love those Phoenix Wright games from Namco. Capcom should stop whoring out Tales
He's using Capcom's relative success on the PS3 with DMC4 as an example of why Namco should release games on the PS3... even though they are.

Polari

TJ Spyke said:

Wii Sports and Wii Play don't count for reasons that are so obvious I shouldn't feel the need to explain them to you but somehow, still do.

Wii Sports doesn't count because it came bundled with the system.
Wii Play doesn't count because it came bundled with an extra controller.

Do you understand? We're talking about GAMES. Wii Sports and Wii Play are completely and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Tideas

Banned
Polari said:
Wii Sports and Wii Play don't count for reasons that are so obvious I shouldn't feel the need to explain them to you but somehow, still do.

Wii Sports doesn't count because it came bundled with the system.
Wii Play doesn't count because it came bundled with an extra controller.

Do you understand? We're talking about GAMES. Wii Sports and Wii Play are completely and utterly irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

acutally, Wiisport is relevant in Japan because it wasn't bundled with the Wii. It was only bundled in the US.

Although how much is it going for in Japan? $20?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tideas said:
acutally, Wiisport is relevant in Japan because it wasn't bundled with the Wii. It was only bundled in the US.

True but I was talking WW sales.

ethelred

Tideas said:

They use yen in Japan.

Polari

Tideas said:

Of course it's relevant in Japan (it's $40 IIRC). But in terms of what is going to be the biggest selling Wii game worldwide it's irrelevant, unless it somehow sells more in Japan alone than everything else does globally. Which it won't. Wii Sports 2, on the other hand...

samratty

TJ Spyke said:
SSBB could very well become the highest selling game on the merit of the game alone. It's pretty obvious that was what was implied when originally said, and I have no idea what you have to prove or gain from going on this pedantic tirade.

We're not talking small bundles like Wii Zapper or Mario Kart Wii, the Wii and the controller from Wii Play are much more signficant to buying them.

Lobster said:
Look at Family ski though..That game has no history and is a new IP but will probably hit over 100k LTD which is a pretty good success.

I hope Namco is smart enough to localize that for North America in time for mid-May, to capture the Wii Fit residual success they've been receiving in Japan. At least, I assume that's what has largely driven its success, the Balance Board support.

Lobster

Banned
Toy Soldier said:
I hope Namco is smart enough to localize that for North America in time for mid-May, to capture the Wii Fit residual success they've been receiving in Japan. At least, I assume that's what has largely driven its success, the Balance Board support.

Mmm...if launched 1 month after Wii Fit, it can be advertised as a game for the board. It could sell well over 500k in US if advertised like that.

Top Bottom