• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 22 - 28 May (kay, real this time)

ioi

Banned
lancubap said:
In the long term. Not in the first week of course.
Anyway ioi, what do you think about New Super Mario Bros.'s performance in his second week ?

A tiny bit disappointing for me (400k + I was hoping) but still very strong and it will sell well all year.

lancubap

ioi said:
A tiny bit disappointing for me (400k + I was hoping) but still very strong and it will sell well all year.

I think the same. But there is the possibility that these numbers are relative under expectations because there are shortages. I remember that Nintendo said that 1.3 millions have been shipped so far, but I'm not sure.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
The Abominable Snowman said:
What does the 'other' column suggest? The PSP has sold at least 300K in Korea alone, maybe even 400K-500K as of September 2005, pre-christmas, and their plan was to sell 500K before march, but they've boosted that figure. Another 200K were sold in Taiwan through April '06. almost 40K PSPs were sold through September 11, '05, and Sony expected 330-380K sold (After revised expectations) through March
Those are shippments not sell through, we were talking about sell through and I think actuall sell through for regions outside of Europe (pal territories including for example Australia), Japan and NA, hasn't surpassed 500k yet.

Beowvlf

Banned
Nintendo's not really producing the original DS model anymore right? I thought I'd read that they were going to keep manufacturing it, but these sales numbers don't indicate that at all. Not that it matters, focusing on making more Lite is the way to go. Sexier, sleeker, and can sell to both new and old buyers still.

kia said:
Those are shippments not sell through, we were talking about sell through and I think actuall sell through for regions outside of Europe (pal territories including for example Australia), Japan and NA, hasn't surpassed 500k yet.
Well, those numbers aren't from Sony (Sony shipped 450K Korean units in launch period), so why should 3rd parties all have different numbers if they're shipped?

Top Bottom