• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 22 - 28 May (kay, real this time)

Juice

Token statement about how great Mario is selling, something about the PSP actually performing about the same it was a year ago, some cliché about 'wow the DS is really just outperforming the industry', and then a graceful exit with a call for Monorojo to be unbanned so the other side of the truth can be revealed.

maynerd

Banned
Jonnyram said:
And here's Matlock's GIF again for perspective:

nsmbw19wc.gif

I dont understand what "the rest" figure represents.

Tadaima

Sweedishrodeo said:
the hardware numbers will bring shit to my pants, methinks.

Estimations?

My guess:

NDS Lite: 285,000*
NDS: 43,000*
PSP: 38,000
PS2: 22,000
GBA+SP+m: 7,800
X360: 1,200
GCN: 1,150
Xbox: 22

* Presuming stocks are okay

Juice said:
Token statement about how great Mario is selling, something about the PSP actually performing about the same it was a year ago, some cliché about 'wow the DS is really just outperforming the industry', and then a graceful exit with a call for Monorojo to be unbanned so the other side of the truth can be revealed.
perfect reply

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
PSP2 to launch December 2007.

Features Xbox level graphics, with a 6 inch touch screen and is going to launch with New Jak & Daxter, free online, a snake stylus with a decal that says Snakes On A PSP

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
davepoobond said:
what's this thing?
It's a port of Itadaki Street Special for PSP. Except it seems to have sold a lot worse on the PSP, it almost reach 500K on PS2.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
JoshuaJSlone said:
A board game. Wikipedia claims it's similar to Monopoly. Originally from Enix, but after the merger they somehow decided it was a good vehicle for FF/DQ crossover.

heh sounds interesting. I doubt its coming over here though?

(thanks everyone else that replied)

Place your bets. Does NSMB's crazy sales indicate it's going to go on to become the best-selling Mario game ever (a la Pokemon), or did the pre-arrival hype just concentrate all its sales into week 1 (a la Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest)?

In other words, will its sales chart someday look like this:

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Leondexter said:
Place your bets. Does NSMB's crazy sales indicate it's going to go on to become the best-selling Mario game ever (a la Pokemon), or did the pre-arrival hype just concentrate all its sales into week 1 (a la Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest)?

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg

I'll take #2, Bob.

cvxfreak

Leondexter said:

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg

I'm placing it somewhere in between, myself.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:
Sunshine sold that badly? I thought it would have hit 1 million at least...
About 1/4 of the GCN installed base bought it, that's very good.
NSMB is at about 1/9 the DS installed base so far.

Gawaian

Leondexter said:

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg
I'll take the #2.

Leondexter said:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/leondexter/chart1.jpg

Or like this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/leondexter/chart2.jpg

My guess would be between both graphs, but closer to the Pokemon graph. I think the game will probably end up triple millionaire à la Animal Crossing.

Leondexter said:

chart1.jpg

Or like this:

chart2.jpg

+

Fuzzy said:
About 1/4 of the GCN installed base bought it (sunshine), that's very good.
NSMB is at about 1/9 the DS installed base so far.

I'm gonna have to go with graph #1.

ethelred

RaijinFY said:
Square should develop a fourth Romancing SaGa on DS. ^^

That would be very nice, wouldn't it? I've long thought that the DS would be a good vehicle for the SaGa series -- the GBC did get three installments after all, and Kawazu loves Nintendo anyway. SaGa would be a great way to get a good RPG series going on the DS.

Jeff-DSA

Archie said:
Well, comparing third party PSP games to third party DS games I would say a runaway success. For example, this week there are two third party PSP games in the top 15. How many third party DS games are in the top 15? That's right, zero. Fact of the manner is, the PSP is just much better for third parties. I can't see any reason for a third party to support the DS.

:lol

Top Bottom