• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 3/19 - 3/25

Vinnk

Something to point out. It is spring vacation for the students right now. Overall game sales should be up as kids (like my students) are hanging out at game shops. But they don't have enough pocket money to be buying hardware. Mom and Dad don't have vacation right now so they can't drag their parents to to store to buy them the big ticket items. They will do that during Golden Week.

So when we get final numbers I would expect game sales to be pretty good but hardware at the normal rates, or lower due to wanting to keep some units set aside for golden week.

KINGMOKU

I'm wondering if we'll ever see the Wii start to dip down into junk numbers, or will it remian insanly high, and continue on like the DS.

Eteric Rice

moku said:
I'm wondering if we'll ever see the Wii start to dip down into junk numbers, or will it remian insanly high, and continue on like the DS.

If it does dip, it probably won't do it anytime soon. Paper Mario might be able to boost interest in it.

Though interest doesn't need to be boosted, atm...

ksamedi

moku said:

If it does dip, all it needs is a non game to take it out again. The potential for Non-games on the Wii is amazing. I think we will have a very diverse lineup in about 2 years.

GDGF

Soothsayer
moku said:

I don't think it'll ever dip down into 'junk' numbers. Too many system sellers on the horizon for that to happen. It might not ever go as high as the DS, but what ever has, really?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
So when do the March NPD's come out? That should be a great few hours of entertainment.

Vinnk

It's pretty amazing how long these MC threads go as well. Considering that most of the time there is nothing unexpected in the numbers.

Eteric Rice

Vinnk said:
It's pretty amazing how long these MC threads go as well. Considering that most of the time there is nothing unexpected in the numbers.

Now adays, yeah. I can only imagine what it was like when the DS first started taking over the charts.

andthebeatgoeson

Vinnk said:
The interest or at least the posts have jumped dramatically. This thread, during the middle of spring with no huge games out recently, is around 1000 posts and 61K views.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78587
^ That's the Dec 05 MCreate thread where the DS sold ~600K. Only 800 posts and 53K views.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79397
^That's the week after where the DS sold ~400K the week after christmas. 200 posts, 10K views.

So, interest is up and everybody is soaking in all that Japan means right now. What it means, is still up in the air. But I think the majority of the board senses a change in the industry actively happening.

Ryu1999

skinnyrattler said:
The interest or at least the posts have jumped dramatically. This thread, during the middle of spring with no huge games out recently, is around 1000 posts and 61K views.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78587
^ That's the Dec 05 MCreate thread where the DS sold ~600K. Only 800 posts and 53K views.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79397
^That's the week after where the DS sold ~400K the week after christmas. 200 posts, 10K views.

So, interest is up and everybody is soaking in all that Japan means right now. What it means, is still up in the air. But I think the majority of the board senses a change in the industry actively happening.

A change some of us are dreading, but are consigned to accepting

Vinnk

My Chemical Mouse said:
Monster Hunter PSP supply constrained or something?

Nope you can find it everywhere. Those who wanted it have it. And a LOT of people wanted it. It's not going to sell 4 million, but I would assume that like the first Monster Hunter it will keep selling to new PSP buyers.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
skinnyrattler said:
Interest is only up because NPD threads have almost no data any more so people are grasping onto whatever they can get.

My Chemical Mouse said:
Is it just me or is the new media create late? Or was this thread early?
Daylight saving.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
What is incredible for the Wii is that the system keeps still selling thanks to Wii Sports and Wii Play. I can't believe there aren't any other casual games coming yet for the Wii. When will Nintendo show them up?

Fuzzy

perfectchaos007 said:
Hey guys good news!

vgcharts officially changed their URL to vgchartz.com

With a "Z"!!!!!!!!!! and a .com!!!!!

Unbanned FTL!!!!
It was already made fun of by a person who's a lot better than you.

Busaiku

tanasten said:
What is incredible for the Wii is that the system keeps still selling thanks to Wii Sports and Wii Play. I can't believe there aren't any other casual games coming yet for the Wii. When will Nintendo show them up?
Super Paper Mario may appeal to the casuals in which many Mario platformers tend to do. But that remains to be seen.

ylvis_ said:
So the Japanese haven't turned their clock one hour forward?

No, Japan doesn't observe DST.

What I'd like to know is, why when I click on the first page from within a thread, the OP shows the correct time, but when clicking on the first page from the list of topics, it shows the incorrect standard time? Actually, upon checking again, it seems pretty random. WTF?

Fuzzy

Cheesemeister said:
No, Japan doesn't observe DST.

What I'd like to know is, why when I click on the first page from within a thread, the OP shows the correct time, but when clicking on the first page from the list of topics, it shows the incorrect standard time? Actually, upon checking again, it seems pretty random. WTF?
Works fine for me.

EDIT: Tried it a second time and it didn't work right.

donny2112

Fuzzy said:
I read on another board that it's out on the 19th. :(

March is five weeks running from March 4 - April 7. The NPD usually comes out on the second Thursday following the end of the sales period. That puts it coming out April 19th.

Top Bottom