• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 31 July - 6 August

Good to see Mario Hoops hanging in there - that should see it up to the 200,000 mark, which is a pretty damn good performance for a Mario Sports title on a handheld.

NSMB is just a monster, though. If it has the legs of previous Mario titles, coupled with this incredibly strong launch performance it could be one of the best-selling Mario titles ever.

Star Fox never sold well in Japan, and it's not the type of game DS gamers would flock to. Even Metroid Prime Hunters is selling a lot better than it (Hunters currently around 85,000)

Gundam will continue to drop, Unlike supersonics delusions. It sold its highest, it's going to hover around Top 20 for another 2 weeks, and then it'll be out.

Mario basketball doing VERY well for a handheld title. Let aloen it being a handheld sports title. Let alone it's a handheld sports BASKETBALL title. Let alone it's a handheld sports basketball title IN JAPAN. It's sold more than mario Golf for GCN, and is on track to outsell all the GCN sports titles in Japan. Very nice.

Animal Crossing would no doubt be back on the Top 10 as it has absurd legs. It should've never been OUT of the Top 10, but there were so many new releases last week it had no choice but to go out (even though it sold aroudn 28,000 last week, which is near the Top 10 positions anyways). I'm EXTREMELY elated that this gem is back where it belongs and hope it reaches 4 million at some point.

Mario Bros. is crazy. I'm very glad to see that Mario is king once again.

I'll have TEVS (at last) emailed by the end of the month

That is all

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
tanasten said:
Just as I expected.

I must say, Gundam G Generation Portable has legs for a PSP game.
It's the first PSP game to be #1 and sold over 100K last week, you honestly didn't expect it to be there this week? :lol

jarrod

Banned
LanceStern said:
Star Fox never sold well in Japan, and it's not the type of game DS gamers would flock to. Even Metroid Prime Hunters is selling a lot better than it (Hunters currently around 85,000)
Star Fox sold reasonably well before lifetime...

Star Fox 64 (N64) 650.000
Star Fox Adventures (GC) 230.000
Star Fox Assault (GC) 200.000

...I bet Command can crawl to 100k anyway. Hunters isn't selling any better actually, they're about on par.

donny2112

tanasten said:
I must say, Gundam G Generation Portable has legs for a PSP game.

It had one of the highest (the highest?) launch sales number of any game for the PSP. It wasn't like it was going to drop to nothing in its second week, you know. :p 150K -> 50K. It has a chance of hanging on next week, and if they get another shipment of it out, it should definitely be in the top 10 for next week.

Glad to see a Gundam game selling well. Hopefully this will encourage Namco-Bandai to put another one on the DS.
There's probably a couple already announced, and I'm just ignorant about them, though. :p

Also glad to see NSMB > 100K again. There were people who doubted 5 million for that game? ;)

Go Cooking Navi! Come to the U.S. for a nice visit! :D

duckroll

Unconfirmed MediaCreate numbers:

NSMB 119,991
Tamagotchi2 68,347
Melty Blood 67,409
Cooking 67,179
More BT 66,930
G-GenP 40,816
BT 35,636
FotNS Pachislot 35,617
Mario3on3 30,472
Animal Crossing 29,256
FotNS SE PSP 15,695
FotNS SE DS 15,594
The Maid and Machine Gun 6,444
The Robot Fight 3,070

jj984jj

donny2112 said:
It had one of the highest (the highest?) launch sales number of any game for the PSP. It wasn't like it was going to drop to nothing in its second week, you know. :p 150K -> 50K. It has a chance of hanging on next week, and if they get another shipment of it out, it should definitely be in the top 10 for next week.

Glad to see a Gundam game selling well. Hopefully this will encourage Namco-Bandai to put another one on the DS.
There's probably a couple already announced, and I'm just ignorant about them, though. :p

Also glad to see NSMB > 100K again. And there were people who doubted 5 million for that game? ;)

Go Cooking Navi! Come to the U.S. for a nice visit! :D
You meant to say PSP right? Since the already have Gundam Battle Royal coming to PSP soon.

donny2112

jj984jj said:
You meant to say PSP right?

No, I meant DS. A Gundam game launched May 2005 for the DS and sold about 100K. It was before the DS sky-rocketed, though, so I hope Namco-Bandai give the DS another shot at a Gundam game.

jj984jj said:
Since the already have Gundam Battle Royal coming to PSP soon.

Similar style to this PSP game?

Well Japan has spoken .... they love their Mario, 2D and chok-full of nostalgia.

Not really a surprise this:

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032938065.jpg

Has mysteriously gone missing from Nintendo's GameCube release list and was nowhere to be found on its August 6th release date.

Here Wiiiiiiiii Go!

Mrbob

So has NSMB cracked 3 million sold yet?

This has to be one of the first Mario titles that will end up selling more in Japan than the USA.

Jiggy

soundwave05 said:
Well Japan has spoken .... they love their Mario, 2D and chok-full of nostalgia.

Not really a surprise this:

e3-2006-super-paper-mario-screens-and-art-20060509032938065.jpg

Has mysteriously gone missing from Nintendo's GameCube release list and was nowhere to be found on its August 6th release date.

Here Wiiiiiiiii Go!
Man, don't even say it. :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Mrbob said:

This has to be one of the first Mario titles that will end up selling more in Japan than the USA.

I truly think the U.S. might pull out ahead overall, but that won't be for quite some time.

Meier

Mrbob said:

Don't be so sure. NSMB will certainly make it's way towards the 3 million mark here in the States too. It's hard to fathom what the total amount will be in Japan though, so who knows.

Dalthien

duckroll said:
Unconfirmed MediaCreate numbers:

NSMB 119,991
Tamagotchi2 68,347
Melty Blood 67,409
Cooking 67,179
More BT 66,930
G-GenP 40,816
BT 35,636
FotNS Pachislot 35,617
Mario3on3 30,472
Animal Crossing 29,256
FotNS SE PSP 15,695
FotNS SE DS 15,594
The Maid and Machine Gun 6,444
The Robot Fight 3,070
If these turn out to be true, great numbers again for NSMB. But those would be amazing numbers for Tamagotchi 2, pretty much matching their sales from last week. This game could possibly reach a million again by early next year. I expect it to have a nice holiday season. Gundam PSP dropped more than 70%, which was about what I was expecting.

donny2112

Oblivion said:
I truly think the U.S. might pull out ahead overall, but that won't be for quite some time.

The U.S. is already averaging ~75K per week for NSMB, though. It won't pass up Japan totals with numbers like that. It should easily get to 2 million in the U.S. and maybe even 3 million, though.

JavyOO7

Hey dudes, did we ever get solid impressions about Mario BBall 3 on 3? Is it a winner or should I pass? And how about Starfox?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
JavyOO7 said:
Hey dudes, did we ever get solid impressions about Mario BBall 3 on 3? Is it a winner or should I pass? And how about Starfox?

Mario Bball is a winner, Starfox is getting mixed reviews leaning towards "good but different than oldschool star fox". I personally haven't played Starfox.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
donny2112 said:
The U.S. is already averaging ~75K per week for NSMB, though. It won't pass up Japan totals with numbers like that. It should easily get to 2 million in the U.S. and maybe even 3 million, though.

Well, I mean NSMB seems to have really great legs in the U.S. too and traditionally, most Mario games (including the GBA ports) did better in the U.S.

Also, where's my Media create numberz this week?! :mad:

jj984jj

JavyOO7 said:
Mario seems like it'll be awesome from impressions. The only complaints that people made were about the controls and they were from lefties who didn't know Japanese so they couldn't change them. Starfox has gotten good impressions for everyone who's actually bought it as well, though it seems that here the controls do take some getting used to and there are no alternatives. There were some bad impressions of it from E3 as well, I don't know if anything was changed for the final version.

Alcibiades

Mario and Mario-related games usually shoot up in sales during the holiday, muchmoreso than in Japan, so New Super Mario Bros. can definitely approach 3 million in the US eventually.

The remakes and ports of home console Mario games on GBA have sold really, really well, and continue to do so. New Super Mario Bros. should be around for years.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
cvxfreak said:
The LTD I gave is the LTD as of the 7th - 13th.

Right, and it's the 16th-17th now. Unless BA2 somehow sold less than 7,000 copies since the 13th, it actually passed 3m a day or two ago.

cvxfreak

Stumpokapow said:
Right, and it's the 16th-17th now. Unless BA2 somehow sold less than 7,000 copies since the 13th, it actually passed 3m a day or two ago.

Yeah, but it's actually seldom looked that way. But you're right. :D

New Super Mario Bros. is still selling faster in North America than the other Mario Advance games on the GBA though, and those ended up in the 2-3 million range.

NSMB definitely will sell for a long time in North America.

10 million worldwide is possible I think.

Barf_the_Mog

powerless or are they? o_O
soundwave05 said:
New Super Mario Bros. is still selling faster in North America than the other Mario Advance games on the GBA though, and those ended up in the 2-3 million range.

NSMB definitely will sell for a long time in North America.

10 million worldwide is possible I think.

No question. The game will sell 4 million units in Japan, 4-5 million units in America, and a good 4 million in Europe. I'd bet a ban on that, but we won't see this for another few years.

I think SD Gundam has a good 400-500k in it. Maybe more if PSP numbers keep rising for next couple of months.

NSMB will outsell DQ7 and SML.

Shaberu will sell a million.

Mushiking 2 is la bomba. Or it might have legs, sell 20k a week for the next 6 months and creep toward 700k like the GBA game. I'm not certain about that one.

jamesinclair said:
FotNS SE PSP 15,695
FotNS SE DS 15,594

3rd parties to start bailing out of DS?

They would have held on if the sales were only 100 higher, but since they are 101 higher, PSP will now be the handheld of choice for third parties.

Mr. Pointy said:
I think SD Gundam has a good 400-500k in it. Maybe more if PSP numbers keep rising for next couple of months.

NSMB will outsell DQ7 and SML.

Shaberu will sell a million.

Mushiking 2 is la bomba. Or it might have legs, sell 20k a week for the next 6 months and creep toward 700k like the GBA game. I'm not certain about that one.

If it does have legs they'll be cut off by Pokemon (I would name a specific pokemon with a cutting ability if I actually new any of the monsters in the game)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
soundwave05 said:

Here Wiiiiiiiii Go!
No surprise really, why release on hardware that is already out (and clearly dead for months, some may even say years) when you can boost a new console launch with a new 2D Mario platformer especially considering the NSMB bonanza that is happening on DS atm.

I was kind of expecting it to happen but it looks like Nintendo finally did it.

edit: and those PSP unconfirmed numbers are most likely due to Gundam I guess. Dropped by almost 50% since the week before when Gundam did come out.

speedpop said:
No surprise really, why release on hardware that is already out (and clearly dead for months, some may even say years) when you can boost a new console launch with a new 2D Mario platformer especially considering the NSMB bonanza that is happening on DS atm.

I was kind of expecting it to happen but it looks like Nintendo finally did it.
Shit, I'd buy it for Wii.

Top Bottom