• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Anzu

Banned
The PS3 killed the PS3. Seriously, Famitsu hasnt reviewed a PS3 game in **** knows how long, and a game hasn't been released since **** knows how long (probably since Gundam Musou lololol)

Sony, you're pathetic. I can't believe you sent your console to die in Japan.

*calms down*

Ahh, sorry about that. Sad to see Shining Wind at number one. Sega lost the plot with the Shining series. That series really needs to die. Doesn't even deserve those sales :/

FFT though, hell yeah. looks like it'll sell 300k within a few weeks. Very nice for a port. When Crisis Core comes out, PSP is going to see Wii like numbers for a few weeks.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Shining Wind is a shitty game with a famous character designer and a sort of popular (but shit) anime. It will drop like a barrel in a waterfall..

fallout

Earthstrike said:
We're missing some weeks, so estimates would have to be placed in.
Obviously. And I'm not really looking for any astounding revelations ... just be curious to see with what consistency it sells with.

Kuramu

fallout said:
You know, I'd actually like to see a week-by-week NSMB chart, if at all possible.
I second this, even with estimates. Sales in the sub-10 list and beyond probably hang close to a logarithmic curve anyway

Brofist

mutsu said:
This joke is getting a bit old.

Anyway, great numbers for Ouendan 2, thoroughly deserved (though I haven't played it yet).

about 10 people post that "very funny" joke in every MC thread, apparently it never gets old.

TJ Spyke

Anzu said:
The PS3 killed the PS3. Seriously, Famitsu hasnt reviewed a PS3 game in **** knows how long, and a game hasn't been released since **** knows how long (probably since Gundam Musou lololol)

I don't know, remember the PS3's Golden Week killer app was Madden NFL 07. :lol

Sales seem kind of low overall this week.

ccbfan

Anyone else find it weird that Sony pretty much gave up completely on the PSP and now is looking to being the strongest sony system.

Sony should send a thank you card to Capcom for MHP cause its pretty much proved to 3rd parties that good games can sell well on the PSP. I mean the sudden increase in support for the PSP can't be a coincident right?

Also freakin announce something about the redesign, I'm dying to buy a PSP but not with a possible redesign hanging over my head. I'm still bitter about the GBA->GBA:SP.

Defuser said:
uh oh,ouedan isn't first. Nintendo fanboys am angry. FFT still hanging on...
what thread were you reading? 2nd is a great result for Ouendan 2 and everyone has been saying just that.

i don't think anyone was predicting Ouendan 2 to be the best seller last week, just hoping for something solid, which it's definately done.

Terrell

sp0rsk said:
Shining Wind is a shitty game with a famous character designer and a sort of popular (but shit) anime. It will drop like a barrel in a waterfall..
What was so bad about it? Haven't seen much written about the game, so you'll have to fill me in on the details of why it sucks.

11/ Super Paper Mario (Wii, Nintendo)
12/ Yoshi's Island DS (NDS, Nintendo)
13/ Momotarô Dentetsu DS (NDS, Hudson Soft)
14/ English Training 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
15/ Gyakuten Saiban 4 (NDS, Capcom)
16/ Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo)
17/ Draglade (NDS, Banpresto)
18/ Animal Crossing Wild World (NDS, Nintendo)
19/ Professor Layton (NDS, Level 5)
20/ Brain Training (NDS, Nintendo)
21/ Panel de Pon (NDS, Nintendo)
22/ Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
23/ Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP, Capcom)
24/ English Training (NDS, Nintendo)
25/ Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (NDS, Square-Enix)
26/ Mojipittan (NDS, Namco)
27/ 2 millions Kanji Test (NDS, IE Institute)
28/ Common Sense Training (NDS, Nintendo)
29/ Pokémon Diamond (NDS, Nintendo)
30/ One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Wii, Bandai)

Vinnk

plagiarize said:
what thread were you reading? 2nd is a great result for Ouendan 2 and everyone has been saying just that.

i don't think anyone was predicting Ouendan 2 to be the best seller last week, just hoping for something solid, which it's definately done.

Yeah, I ADORE Ouendan but after how the first one did, I would not have been surprised if it had done only 30k. The numbers it did are fantastic for the series. And 2 of those sales came from me. :)

santouras

The_lascar said:
Awesome. Hoping these games continue to sell

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I sure hope EBA2 has an icrease over EBA like Ouendan 2 did. Nice increase, should pass Ouendan's total sales next week.

buh-bye BBA. I can't believe the game wasn't online. Actually, it should've just been a VC original title in the first place...or an "Education Channel" type thing.

Very nice to see the legs on FF:RW and FFT. Good showing by Ouenden, too! I didn't expect it to debut THAT high, though I imagined it would outdo its predecessor.

<3 Cheesemeister. Though some may find it a bit excessive
CoolBitch
, I'm very appreciative of the effort you put in getting these treads out as quickly and as detailed as you do.

Also, <3 creamsugar. Thanks for the info you post on sales every week.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
when's the next PS3 game that'll actually be released that has some potential to sell over 20,000 copies?

Eteric Rice

Forgotten Ancient said:
buh-bye BBA. I can't believe the game wasn't online. Actually, it should've just been a VC original title in the first place...or an "Education Channel" type thing.

Very nice to see the legs on FF:RW and FFT. Good showing by Ouenden, too! I didn't expect it to debut THAT high, though I imagined it would outdo its predecessor.

<3 Cheesemeister. Though some may find it a bit excessive
CoolBitch
, I'm very appreciative of the effort you put in getting these treads out as quickly and as detailed as you do.

Also, <3 creamsugar. Thanks for the info you post on sales every week.

I told people BBA wouldn't do as well on the Wii. But noooo.... :D

Anyone else feel sorry for the PS3? At first it was fun, but watching a man get beaten while he's already laying down ain't right. I wish I could help, but $600 is gas money now of days. Sorry PS3 :(

Odysseus

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Anyone else feel sorry for the PS3? At first it was fun, but watching a man get beaten while he's already laying down ain't right. I wish I could help, but $600 is gas money now of days. Sorry PS3 :(

when i see xbox 360 or ps3 on a shelf, i think of rent, car payments, the credit card i need to pay off, the student loans i need to pay down, the savings account i need to deposit money into, the college fund i need to start for my unborn children, etc.

in other words, no, i don't feel sorry for ps3 at all. i'm not the one who made the decisions that have led to ps3 being where it is.

D.Lo

I feel guilty that I'm disappointed with Rhythmu Damashii for not reaching #1, even though I know this is awesome for Inis...

apujanata

When do you all suppose we can start seeing at least one PS3 games in almost (say 80% of time) every week Top30 m-create list ? Is it possible to have them before December 2007 ? Or do you think we need to wait until FFXIII before it is possible ?

Odysseus

Banned
apujanata said:
When do you all suppose we can start seeing at least one PS3 games in almost (say 80% of time) every week Top30 m-create list ? Is it possible to have them before December 2007 ? Or do you think we need to wait until FFXIII before it is possible ?

see, for this to happen, there actually have to be some ps3 games released in japan on a somewhat consistent basis

fernoca

The_lascar said:
13/ Momotarô Dentetsu DS (NDS, Hudson Soft)
14/ English Training 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
16/ Mario Kart DS (NDS, Nintendo)
17/ Draglade (NDS, Banpresto)
18/ Animal Crossing Wild World (NDS, Nintendo)
19/ Professor Layton (NDS, Level 5)
20/ Brain Training (NDS, Nintendo)
22/ Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 2 (NDS, Nintendo)
23/ Monster Hunter Freedom 2 (PSP, Capcom)
24/ English Training (NDS, Nintendo)
25/ Dragon Quest Monsters Joker (NDS, Square-Enix)
26/ Mojipittan (NDS, Namco)
27/ 2 millions Kanji Test (NDS, IE Institute)
28/ Common Sense Training (NDS, Nintendo)
29/ Pokémon Diamond (NDS, Nintendo)
30/ One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Wii, Bandai)

WTH?!! :O!

AniHawk

creamsugar said:
Wii - 57,654
PS3 - 8,189

"...Which brings us to tonight's Word.

Ten Year Plan."
67fple8.jpg

"Now, I know there are a lot of people out there who believe the Playstation 3 isn't doing well. Sales in Japan and America have been low for quite some time now, and exclusive games are leaving to other systems like the Xbox 360 and Nintendo's last generation system."
4vplrw5.jpg

"The simple truth is that Sony is in it for the long haul. Not only do they have a lot of brand power, but the system has a lot of guts."
6b9o8dx.jpg

"Once BluRay dominates your home like the UMD format took the world by storm, Playstation 3 sales will take off around the world. Besides, Sony themselves have confirmed month after month that the system has had massive shortages."
4kwkwsi.jpg

"...I mean, who are you going to believe, the company that reports numbers they record every week, or the one that relies on stockholders? If Sony is lying, their stockholders wouldn't allow it."
54cba4m.jpg

"And for a moment, let's talk about the Wii. Sure it's selling well now, but in a few years, people will get tired of the same Gamecube level graphics they've been playing the last six years. People will buy PS3 when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out, just like how in 2001 everyone stopped buying Dreamcast because Metal Gear Solid 2 came out."
6g2yfls.jpg

"I know, I know. 'The 360 is getting Metal Gear Solid 4 too, Stephen.' But there's one thing the 360 doesn't have. And that's Cell. Besides, the Playstation brand and Metal Gear Solid are nearly synonymous."
4rbfby8.jpg

"You're going to find that eventually, Playstation 2 fans will will move on, 360 fans will want to upgrade, and the core Wii audience will die out. What else other than Sony's wondermachine to move onto?"
4pdjl7q.jpg

4xwcnsh.jpg

"And that's The Word."

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
PhoenixDark said:

Hard to feel sorry for something that did its own self in. Many of consoles have gone through this, most notably the N64. Great console, but ultimately media choice (Hmmmmm.....) among other things did it in. The parallels between the two are strong.

Terrell

Nice going AniHawk, although the line "Not only do they have the brand power, but the system has a lot of guts" really demanded a seppuku joke.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:

I have images disabled, and it actually made this post funnier reading it then clicking on each image. Especially the one with the 'synonymous' comment. :lol

Top Bottom