• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Sweedishrodeo said:
i need them. nintendo, give them to me. this week has been cruel.

GIMME THE GOODS! SMG and Smash Bros before the end of the year! PLEASE!

IIRC, they announced that Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Phantom Hourglass will be coming before 2008.

DiatribeEQ said:
Man...how I'd KILL to see the PSP continue to dominate the Top 20 list (roughly 10 games on average in there). By doing that, they'd push out NDS titles and finally let the technically superior handheld rule for awhile. Do that for like....the next year. Force Nintendo to make a better system with the NDS-2. With the increased sales that Sony's getting with the PSP, I can assure you they're attributing it to the lower price point & with that in mind, they'll help keep the PSP2's price down as well.

Your ideas intrigue me. Please, say more.

*jots down ideas*

How... to... make... luxury... handheld... ahead... of... time.

Done! Alright, is there more?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
A Link to the Snitch said:
IIRC, they announced that Mario Galaxy, Brawl, and Phantom Hourglass will be coming before 2008.

yeah well, nintendo is still nintendo, so ill believe their release schedule when i hold those games in my hands.

Jammy

Banned
KevinRo said:
Interesting to note, FFT:TLW in it's second week sold more than FF12:RW had sold in its second week. It seems that Revenant wings is tapering off faster even though the DS has a bigger install base. Weird.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (Square-Enix) - 39,480 / 194,371 2nd week of sales

[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) - 38,003 / 421,333 2nd week of sales

FFXII: Revenant Wings sold over 109,000 in its second week there, junior.

KevinRo said:
Interesting to note, FFT:TLW in it's second week sold more than FF12:RW had sold in its second week. It seems that Revenant wings is tapering off faster even though the DS has a bigger install base. Weird.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (Square-Enix) - 39,480 / 194,371 2nd week of sales

[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) - 38,003 / 421,333 2nd week of sales

:lol :lol :lol

seat

DiatribeEQ said:
Man...how I'd KILL to see the PSP continue to dominate the Top 20 list (roughly 10 games on average in there). By doing that, they'd push out NDS titles and finally let the technically superior handheld rule for awhile. Do that for like....the next year. Force Nintendo to make a better system with the NDS-2. With the increased sales that Sony's getting with the PSP, I can assure you they're attributing it to the lower price point & with that in mind, they'll help keep the PSP2's price down as well.
Quoted for awesome, great job!

Eteric Rice

DiatribeEQ said:

Denial, then anger.

Am I rite guyz?

StevieP

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
Denial, then anger.

Am I rite guyz?

Maybe he's going for the AniHawk vibe? (certainly he can't be serious)
How off has Famitsu usually been with respect to PS3 numbers? It should make the whole thing interesting, certainly to see the PS3 in a deathmatch with the 360...

Xeke

Banned
DiatribeEQ said:

It's good they know you're still batting for them.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
JoshuaJSlone said:
So you're begging for confirmation... which you won't believe? :)

i'm just saying, i hope the days of infinite delay are over. i thought half the point of the wii hardware in general was to cut down development costs and time.

StevieP said:
Maybe he's going for the AniHawk vibe? (certainly he can't be serious)
How off has Famitsu usually been with respect to PS3 numbers? It should make the whole thing interesting, certainly to see the PS3 in a deathmatch with the 360...
Well we can't say with certainly that Famitsu are the ones who are off, but Famitsu has usually been higher.
Weekly
Cumulatively

Sweedishrodeo said:
i'm just saying, i hope the days of infinite delay are over. i thought half the point of the wii hardware in general was to cut down development costs and time.
Not so much "cut down" as "not increase".

Pachael

"Good job everybody, there are now 8,000 more Blu-Ray units in Japan! We have extended our advantage over HD-DVD in the HD movie war and expect to win the battle!"

Brofist

Vinnk said:
I feel sorry for the PlayStation Family. I had some great time with the PS1 and PS2 (even the PSP to some extent).

But here's the scenario:

The PlayStation family was having a nice fancy dinner party with their friends the 3rd party developers. Everything is going great and then Jr. comes home. Drunk from a night of celebrating his own greatness. He pisses all over the house, throws up on the guests, claims he has a bigger penis than Microsoft's kid and then falls down the stairs. Everyone is speechless.

that's pretty good. did you come up with that on the way to the game stores while doing one of your little Nintendo inventory runs? :lol

santouras

kpop100 said:
that's pretty good. did you come up with that on the way to the game stores while doing one of your little Nintendo inventory runs? :lol
Soon nintendo products will be all that the game stores stock

Deku

Banned
Vinnk said:
I feel sorry for the PlayStation Family. I had some great time with the PS1 and PS2 (even the PSP to some extent).

But here's the scenario:

The PlayStation family was having a nice fancy dinner party with their friends the 3rd party developers. Everything is going great and then Jr. comes home. Drunk from a night of celebrating his own greatness. He pisses all over the house, throws up on the guests, claims he has a bigger penis than Nintendo's kid and then falls down the stairs. Everyone is speechless.

Fixed for accuracy. The slide started with the PSP and I think it fits the 'jr.' moniker better. (assuming you meant PS3 originally.)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
KevinRo said:

FFXII:RW was released on April 26th, 6 more days and it would've been up there for a month.

Tf53

d[-_-]b said:
OMG NINTENDO IS DOOMED, see told you guys once the steam dies down, the PS3 will charge through.
So... where is the PS3? ;)
I know you were kidding. You were... kidding, right?

Garcia said:
Am I seeing double or is Wii sports AGAIN up there.....

Wow.... Amazing !

It's always been there. Wii Sports number is directly correlated to the numbers of Wii sold on a pretty consistent basis.

grandjedi6 said:
There is one in New York....

They should open another one in San Francisco or Los Angeles, at the very least :(

justchris

:lol Wow, only 4 pages in and already Anihawk & Vinnk have won the thread.

Nice job for Ouendan 2 & Odin Sphere. Wonder if this time Ouendan will have some small legs? Maybe it can beat the first game's LTD by next week (this week in Japan time).

Slurpy said:
What the hell GAF?? Where the hell are my Pacman charts?!

Because you asked.

20070514.png

justchris said:
Yeah, that doesn't really work when the first game isn't on a Nintendo system. Didn't we discuss doing a Galaga chart?

Yes, and I was too lazy and had other more important features to implement. Maybe once the busy season at work is over... I may be stuck at work again tonight for the HW numbers.

Why are people comparing FFT with FFXII RW? If you want to compare RW with something, it has to be FFX-2. And its a no show.

EDIT: Hey is that One Piece rebound?

Deku

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Why are people comparing FFT with FFXII RW? If you want to compare RW with something, it has to be FFX-2. And its a no show.

XII RW and FFT are both turn based tactical games based on the FF universe and both are on portables. They are more comparable than your suggestion.

FFX-2 needs to be compared with FFXII-2 which doesn't exist and given XII's performance it's almost guaranteed XII-2 will do worse than X-2 if they were to make one.

Top Bottom