• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Saitou said:
Not quite a PhoenixDark epic, but a rather good show nonetheless.

I have to second whoever said it last time. Can you please change your avatar? For a moment I thought Anihawk was commenting on his own post.

Vinnk

PhoenixDark said:
Anyone else feel sorry for the PS3? At first it was fun, but watching a man get beaten while he's already laying down ain't right. I wish I could help, but $600 is gas money now of days. Sorry PS3 :(

Only as bad as I feel for anyone who commits suicide. It's a loss and it's senseless but I mostly feel bad for the family.

Deku

Banned
anihawk said:
"...I mean, who are you going to believe, the company that reports numbers they record every week, or the one that relies on stockholders? If Sony is lying, their stockholders will simply leave."

Well done ani, might I suggest you change the bolded part to "their shareholders wouldn't allow it"

KevinRo

Interesting to note, FFT:TLW in it's second week sold more than FF12:RW had sold in its second week. It seems that Revenant wings is tapering off faster even though the DS has a bigger install base. Weird.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (Square-Enix) - 39,480 / 194,371 2nd week of sales

[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) - 38,003 / 421,333 2nd week of sales

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Very great debut for Ouenden 2. I hope it has legs and sells > 200k.
Also Wii sales came back to 50-60k in the last weeks so it seems Nintendo didn't increase its shipment?

Boy, the 360 has really been closing the gap with the PS3. The PS3 squeaked by the 360 last week by only 6k units.
Can the 360 get the gap any smaller?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
KevinRo said:
Interesting to note, FFT:TLW in it's second week sold more than FF12:RW had sold in its second week. It seems that Revenant wings is tapering off faster even though the DS has a bigger install base. Weird.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (Square-Enix) - 39,480 / 194,371 2nd week of sales

[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) - 38,003 / 421,333 2nd week of sales
Oh, DS am doomed!! It's over for both DS and Nintendo.

Deku

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Anihawk writes from his gut, not his brain, so I suggest you shut up Deku.

Everyone knows the best stories came from the gut.

It's an inside joke on past assertions made on GAF about what shareholders might do when they break off PS3 exclusivity.

Pachael

Great Rumbler said:
So...you feel bad for PS1, PS2, and PSP?

I felt bad for the Wonderswan, the Neo Geo Pocket Colour, the N-gage and the Gizmondo as their bodies lay rotting on the streets. Rather than sticking around the dead I'd prefer the zippy (though heavy) bandwagon of the Nintendo Wii. Woowiiwoo

Mardak

And the PS2 is back beating out combined sales for Wii games in the top 10 as wel as DS games in the top 10.

20070514.png

Square-Enix dropped a bit; two titles combined is less than the new one from Sega for this week.

20070514.pub.png

Tyrannical said:
Boy, the 360 has really been closing the gap with the PS3. The PS3 squeaked by the 360 last week by only 6k units.
638me7k.jpg

Image Searching Google for Limbo gives some NWS results

Vinnk

Great Rumbler said:
So...you feel bad for PS1, PS2, and PSP?

I feel sorry for the PlayStation Family. I had some great time with the PS1 and PS2 (even the PSP to some extent).

But here's the scenario:

The PlayStation family was having a nice fancy dinner party with their friends the 3rd party developers. Everything is going great and then Jr. comes home. Drunk from a night of celebrating his own greatness. He pisses all over the house, throws up on the guests, claims he has a bigger penis than Microsoft's kid and then falls down the stairs. Everyone is speechless.

icecream

Public Health Threat
sp0rsk said:
Shining Wind is a shitty game with a famous character designer and a sort of popular (but shit) anime. It will drop like a barrel in a waterfall..
Well duh... It's just a slow week.

In other words it's just a generic cutesy franchise game that people buy more for the Art/VA than actual gameplay.

CoolTrick

Banned
And the PS2 is back beating out combined sales for Wii games in the top 10 as wel as DS games in the top 10.

No crap. That's what happens when it's a slow week with otherwise one major release on an old platform.

Odysseus

Banned
Tyrannical said:

the gap can only decrease as they both approach 0

jimbo

Banned
creamsugar said:
Famitsu Hardware 5/14 - 5/20

DS Lite - 112,080
Wii - 57,654
PSP - 26,044
PS2 - 11,740
PS3 - 8,189
Xbox360 - 2,296

It will be interesting to see if Forza 2 closes the gap any further next week.

KevinRo

starship said:
Oh, DS am doomed!! It's over for both DS and Nintendo.

Please refrain from using one-liners that have been posted 1,239 times.

Honestly, if it isn't accompanied by a .gif it isn't that appealing anymore to tell the truth.

yawn.gif

AniHawk said:
6g2yfls.jpg

"And for a moment, let's talk about the Wii. Sure it's selling well now, but in a few years, people will get tired of the same Gamecube level graphics they've been playing the last six years. People will buy PS3 when Metal Gear Solid 4 comes out, just like how in 2001 everyone stopped buying Dreamcast because Metal Gear Solid 2 came out."

Oh god, A+.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Vinnk said:
Only as bad as I feel for anyone who commits suicide. It's a loss and it's senseless but I mostly feel bad for the family.
Yeah, it's a real tragedy when a parent outlives their child.

Eteric Rice

KevinRo said:

I would say it was weird. But then you have to see that Revenant Wings sold 400,000 while tactics is barely at 200,000.

Man...how I'd KILL to see the PSP continue to dominate the Top 20 list (roughly 10 games on average in there). By doing that, they'd push out NDS titles and finally let the technically superior handheld rule for awhile. Do that for like....the next year. Force Nintendo to make a better system with the NDS-2. With the increased sales that Sony's getting with the PSP, I can assure you they're attributing it to the lower price point & with that in mind, they'll help keep the PSP2's price down as well.

fernoca

KevinRo said:

What's so weird?
The DS game sold more on its first week (274,004) than what the PSP version have sold so far (194,371)...so there's the install base differece.

:)

JavyOO7

DiatribeEQ said:
Man...how I'd KILL to see the PSP continue to dominate the Top 20 list (roughly 10 games on average in there). By doing that, they'd push out NDS titles and finally let the technically superior handheld rule for awhile. Do that for like....the next year. Force Nintendo to make a better system with the NDS-2. With the increased sales that Sony's getting with the PSP, I can assure you they're attributing it to the lower price point & with that in mind, they'll help keep the PSP2's price down as well.

what

Vinnk said:
I feel sorry for the PlayStation Family. I had some great time with the PS1 and PS2 (even the PSP to some extent).

But here's the scenario:

The PlayStation family was having a nice fancy dinner party with their friends the 3rd party developers. Everything is going great and then Jr. comes home. Drunk from a night of celebrating his own greatness. He pisses all over the house, throws up on the guests, claims he has a bigger penis than Microsoft's kid and then falls down the stairs. Everyone is speechless.
:lol :lol :lol
we need a junkwaffle drawing of this

d[-_-]b

Banned
DiatribeEQ said:
That really helped keep the PS3's price down.

AniHawk

Vinnk said:

But here's the scenario:

:lol

Joe Molotov

DiatribeEQ said:

Continue?

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
if these hardware numbers are shit for PS3, Nintendo would do well to take this bitch to the bank and drop some megatons friday.

Sweedishrodeo said:
if these hardware numbers are shit for PS3, Nintendo would do well to take this bitch to the bank and drop some megatons friday.
Nintendo doesn't need megatons anymore. They're probably saving them for when they're no longer supply constrained.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
bmf said:
Nintendo doesn't need megatons anymore. They're probably saving them for when they're no longer supply constrained.

i need them. nintendo, give them to me. this week has been cruel.

GIMME THE GOODS! SMG and Smash Bros before the end of the year! PLEASE!

Top Bottom