• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/14 - 5/20

Cheesemeister said:
Because you asked.

20070514.png
You didn't give one piece a pill

gimz said:
Wii might sold less than last week, its your chance now SONY!!
ericbanaandorlandobloomgp2.jpg

"quickly, wii brother, we must retreat behind the three pillars before their consoles hit our charts"

bradpitttroyvo6.jpg

"they retreat..."

bradpitttroyjf1.jpg

"Sony Offense Force! My brothers of the playstation! I would rather fight beside you than any library of thousands! Let no retailer forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's waiting beyond that chart? Media Create Immortality! Take it! It's yours!"

troy13webmw3.jpg

"Yeah so we're on the beach here Agamemnon, and uh, we brought our PSP software to their shores and defaced their Sun God Yamauchi shrine, but uh... yeah, I'm not really seeing many PS3 sales here. Are they still with you on your boat?"

agamemnoncd3.jpg

"What do you mean I was supposed to launch some games this week too?? Golden Week was just 7 days ago, and I released Madden! That has selling power in Japan, doesn't it!?"

troyhz6.jpg

Deku said:
XII RW and FFT are both turn based tactical games based on the FF universe and both are on portables. They are more comparable than your suggestion.

FFX-2 needs to be compared with FFXII-2 which doesn't exist and given XII's performance it's almost guaranteed XII-2 will do worse than X-2 if they were to make one.
10-year-old-spinoff port and a direct sequel to last year, newest main entry are comparable? :lol

Whatever fills your boat.

AniHawk

Mike Works said:
troy13webmw3.jpg

"Yeah so we're on the beach here Agamemnon, and uh, we brought our PSP software to their shores and defaced their Sun God Yamauchi shrine, but uh... yeah, I'm not really seeing many PS3 sales here. Are they still with you on your boat?"

:lol :lol

Deku

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
10-year-old-spinoff port and a direct sequel to last year, newest main entry are comparable? :lol

No boat to fill, you made the comparison not me. I was only pointing out that between comparing FFXII: RW to FFT or FFX-2, FFT is a closer match. They're in the same universe, same genre, and and portables.

But go on, do spin some more.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

The only guy making any sort of comparison between the two was trying to boast about how FFT is performing better after the first week, I don't see any others. But I do agree with Deku in the sense you can't really compare FFX-2 to RW, there is too much of a difference there even if they are both related to main-line FF. There really isn't anything to compare it to... except maybe DoC and CC when it is released. It's not really a valid one either though.

fernoca

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Send the message towards this boat:
|
|
|
V
KevinRo said:
Interesting to note, FFT:TLW in it's second week sold more than FF12:RW had sold in its second week. It seems that Revenant wings is tapering off faster even though the DS has a bigger install base. Weird.

[PSP] Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War (Square-Enix) - 39,480 / 194,371 2nd week of sales

[NDS] Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Square-Enix) - 38,003 / 421,333 2nd week of sales

:)

Deku said:
No boat to fill, you made the comparison not me. I was only pointing out that between comparing FFXII: RW to FFT or FFX-2, FFT is a closer match. They're in the same universe, same genre, and and portables.

But go on, do spin some more.
I didn't made the comparsion, guys here were comparing them. Hence my why are they comparing those two. If you feel FFT is more comparable to RW than X-2, good for you, its not for me.

Seeing that post fernoca, wow, so all the talking comes from a mistake taking 3rd week as 2nd? I wonder where is the need to compare them just because he made a mistake. (Having that said, should I prepare torches to hunt him?)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
In totals DQIX is going to bitch everything, but I cannot see DQIX beating NSMB so easily. I expect tons of people buying DS thanks to this game, and NSMB is going to win some sales with it.

Maybe 3 millions for this year is enough, with 5 millions in a year ago.

Anyway, S-E better don't piss off the game. Everyone is expecting too much from them!

Deku

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I didn't made the comparsion, guys here were comparing them. Hence my why are they comparing those two. If you feel FFT is more comparable to RW than X-2, good for you, its not for me.

Seeing that post fernoca, wow, so all the talking comes from a mistake taking 3rd week as 2nd? I wonder where is the need to compare them just because he made a mistake. (Having that said, should I prepare torches to hunt him?)

Some stupid person did using incorrect 2nd week figures mind you and was ignored . You expanded the comparison with FFX-2 sales and I pointed out that it didn't seem like a genuine comparison. RW isn't even a direct sequel.

Anywho, your original post on the matter came off as a very cynical spin on the whole FFT vs FFXII RW sales comparison. Let's drop it, it's pointless.

Deku said:
Some stupid person did using incorrect 2nd week figures mind you and was ignored . You expanded the comparison with FFX-2 sales and I pointed out that it didn't seem like a genuine comparison. RW isn't even a direct sequel.

Anywho, your original post on the matter came off as a very cynical spin on the whole FFT vs FFXII RW sales comparison. Let's drop it, it's pointless.
Its ok (I'm not really that cynical though, I guess I'm still half-asleep.) Anyway this thread has to continue rooting for Ouendan 2 and Odin Sphere but...

070510_ps2best_03.jpg

...I hope Vinnk is telling everyone to buy this (along BOTH Fandom 2 versions) on 6/28 :)

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Its ok (I'm not really that cynical though, I guess I'm still half-asleep.) Anyway this thread has to continue rooting for Ouendan 2 and Odin Sphere but...

070510_ps2best_03.jpg

...I hope Vinnk is telling everyone to buy this (along BOTH Fandom 2 versions) on 6/28 :)

Sorry, but your avatar makes me not to buy it. I can't play a game with an character that reminds me of you :lol

MattXG

Banned
I bet when that Trusty Bell bundle comes out over in Japan, 360 sales will surpass PS3 sales for two weeks straight. :D

That's right the XBOX will outsell the PLAYSTATION for two weeks in Japan....was unthinkable just a year ago...

I had no idea Ouendan sold so badly in Japan. ;_; I tried to buy Ouendan 2 tonight and it was sold out in Yodobashi Akiba (don't shops replenish stock on Thursdays?). I looked for ages, thinking they'd already put it on the back shelves, only to find it was actually sold out... seems like a few people were disappointed besides me, cos they were staring at the monitors showing trailers of the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
test_account said:
Is it some truth to it? ;) Hehe.

The only thing that there's truth to is that you're the world's biggest equivocator...

Being cautious about the Wii: Wii will get old, Wii takes too much work, Wii sales are going to go down, People shouldn't try to predict sales so far in the future, Wii hardware will cause developers to go elsewhere, I don't think Wii Sports supports 4 players at once,

Being optimistic about the PS3: Gundam and VF5 really helped!, What does "disaster" mean, anyway?, and again, Sony is going to turn it around in Japan, It's not unthinkable that the PS3 will skyrocket, It's too early to say that the Wii has won. The PS3 might come back... I mean, stranger things have happened, the ps3 makes me feel warm inside, People make too many "Sony am doomed" posts, 2, 3, Many people can afford $599

A little bit of both: PS2 bumping above Wii due to supply contraints is somehow comparable to GBA beating PS3

Arguing that the PS3 is close to one million units in Japan: "One million in 6 months isn't bad in general" 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Being skeptical of sales in general: NPD doesn't have Wal-Mart!

Now, I'm not calling you a troll because having just read through your post history it's pretty evident that you just care about gaming and you have a genuine interest in it, but man... there's nothing wrong with owning a PS3. It's a well-engineered system that could potentially have some really great games. But it also has some downsides, and it factually is getting its ass kicked in terms of sales. You don't need to troll the Wii or spin the PS3 to try to justify the good parts of the system or to justify your purchase.

test_account

XP-39C²
Stumpokapow said:
The only thing that there's truth to is that you're the world's biggest equivocator...

Being cautious about the Wii: Wii will get old, Wii takes too much work, Wii sales are going to go down, People shouldn't try to predict sales so far in the future, Wii hardware will cause developers to go elsewhere, I don't think Wii Sports supports 4 players at once,

Being optimistic about the PS3: Gundam and VF5 really helped!, What does "disaster" mean, anyway?, and again, Sony is going to turn it around in Japan, It's not unthinkable that the PS3 will skyrocket, It's too early to say that the Wii has won. The PS3 might come back... I mean, stranger things have happened, the ps3 makes me feel warm inside, People make too many "Sony am doomed" posts, 2, 3, Many people can afford $599

A little bit of both: PS2 bumping above Wii due to supply contraints is somehow comparable to GBA beating PS3

Arguing that the PS3 is close to one million units in Japan: "One million in 6 months isn't bad in general" 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Now, I'm not calling you a troll because having just read through your post history it's pretty evident that you just care about gaming and you have a genuine interest in it, but man... there's nothing wrong with owning a PS3. It's a well-engineered system that could potentially have some really great games. But it also has some downsides, and it factually is getting its ass kicked in terms of sales. You don't need to troll the Wii or spin the PS3 to try to justify the good parts of the system or to justify your purchase.

Damn, i'm actually honored that you care that much about my comments that you took that much time to go through my post and weed out many posts, must have taken quite some time. You even made direct links and everything. Kudos to you :)

But please, dont twist my words. The things you wrote make it look like i made statements, which isnt the case. Most of those comments are questions and predictions on how i think things might turn out, not that this is how things will be. Not going to read through all the posts, but stuff like "PS3 makes me feel warm inside", do you seriously think i was serious when i said that? If so, of course i wasnt. Also stuff like "many can afford PS3", that is directed to the Neo Geo times when owning one of those was considered more of a luxury item. I dont look at PS3 as some luxury item since $599 isnt really THAT much money today. The comment about NPD was a pure question. Direct quote:

I just read that NDP numbers doesnt include Wal-Mart, is that true?

So next time when you first take that much time to make a post like this, also take the time to read throught the post so you know what you're actually reffering to. If you dont agree with me that is fine of course, but i hope you respect my point of view anyway.

And just for the record, i dont own PS3, Wii or 360 so i have no purchase to justify. I use my money on NES, SNES, GBA and Neo Geo instead. I've had my PS2 since 2001 and i've only beaten like 5 games for it. Total playtime in 6 years on PS2 is maybe 200-300 hours. I prefer to fire up them old classic systems instead of the newer ones.

jarrod

Banned
nu-PlayStation hate isn't popularity driven, it's performance driven. There's literally no one to blame here but Sony themselves.

Vinnk

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

070510_ps2best_03.jpg

Yes! Buy them. I want a sequel. But it dosn't really matter who I tell. The Japanese are busy playing with some new Shining game...

Leonsito

Stumpokapow said:

kgb_te_sigue_vigilando_articlepopup.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Andrew J. said:
He means the "Do you go to message boards and complain about games you've never played?" screenshot.

Where do i complain about games i have never played? And do i need to own one of the machines to be able to play? What about stores and friends?

Eteric Rice

Stumpokapow said:

Holy shit! How long did it take to find that stuff? :lol

Top Bottom