• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/28 - 6/3

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
bmf said:
7/26, I think.
Yup, same day as Dewy's Adventure and Minna no Golf 5, It's a Wonderful World comes out the next day as well so it'll be a great week. :lol Hopefully the Wii version of AC fixes the game breaking bugs.

Link

The Autumn Wind
pilonv1 said:
So where does this rank for a first week RE game?
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Isn't this the worst opening ever for a numbered RE game, not counting the DC/GCN ports of RE2/3? Or did Deadly Silence do worse?
*shakes head*

Atreides

NDS - 20
WII - 5
PS2 - 3
PSP - 2

IMO, it looks that the presence of PSP games has stabilized. Not never much games, but usually some games in the top 30. It doesn't look that it's going to be worse in the future, neither better. Number of PS2 games are slowly declining. Number of Wii games are slowly increasing. That's interesting, because it looks like Wii is getting market share from PS2, instead of competing with DS. I remember that there were people saying that the biggest competitor of Wii would be DS, but perhaps that's not right.

Evlar

Banned
Atreides said:
NDS - 20
WII - 5
PS2 - 3
PSP - 2

IMO, it looks that the presence of PSP games has stabilized. Not never much games, but usually some games in the top 30. It doesn't look that it's going to be worse in the future, neither better. Number of PS2 games are slowly declining. Number of Wii games are slowly increasing. That's interesting, because it looks like Wii is getting market share from PS2, instead of competing with DS. I remember that there were people saying that the biggest competitor of Wii would be DS, but perhaps that's not right.
Well, if Wii is ever going to become the "next PS2" (in Japan) it's going to have to knock more DS games out of the top 30.

Right now we are undoubtedly living in the Age of the DS.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
RE4 Wii Edition full priced in Japan?

WTF, Capcom has lost a great opportunity there... they're stupid.

Link

The Autumn Wind
tanasten said:

I don't think it's full price.

tanasten said:

Weren't they charing near full price for the re2/re3 ports on the Gamecube? Are you surprised?

But yeah, wtf. If this was $19.99 it'd be a no-brainer. As it stands, I'll keep my Gamecube version until I can pick the Wii version up on the cheap. :)

Satter

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
OUENDAN!! I just ordered it online :)

What did the first one sell LTD?

I'm not sure. But it didn't do so great here in the states. Which is a damn shame because it's a damn nice game if I do say so my damn self.

Innotech said:
doesnt DQS come out in July in Japan too?
It's a bitch ending up as the last post on a page, huh?

DQS comes out on 7/12 if my sources are correct.

Hajime no Ippo on 6/21
Donkey Kong Jet race on 6/28

cvxfreak

Biohazard 4 Wii Edition is 4800 Yen in Japan, so it's somewhat cheaper than most console games. Still, it's not the deal it is in the US.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Link said:
Well, higher than we get it for, but still not full price. That's about $40.
Sorry, we're used to only seeing DS games in the top 10 so the price seemed higher than it is. :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Satter said:
I'm not sure. But it didn't do so great here in the states. Which is a damn shame because it's a damn nice game if I do say so my damn self.

It didn't do horribly in the US, just not as well as hoped. It was above 100k, maybe into the 200k, wasn't it?

fernoca

Hmm..
But wasn't RE4 released early in June...meaning that th sales from the chart are from like 2-3 days? and not a full week??

Or maybe I'm drunk...

Anyone knows??

Satter

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
It didn't do horribly in the US, just not as well as hoped. It was above 100k, maybe into the 200k, wasn't it?

Not sure. I remember reading how Reggie was disappointed with the US sales figures. I believe he personally liked the game a lot.

Fuzzy

fernoca said:
Hmm..
But wasn't RE4 released early in June...meaning that th sales from the chart are from like 2-3 days? and not a full week??

Or maybe I'm drunk...

Anyone knows??
Yeah, just like almost every other game released in Japan.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Here's a question.

If someone from the U.S. imports a game from Japan, is that counted in Media Create?

Just wondering.

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Yeah, just like almost every other game released in Japan.

That's going to be used as an excuse for DQIX when it fails to break 1 Billion units in its first chart showing.

omg rite said:
Here's a question.

If someone from the U.S. imports a game from Japan, is that counted in Media Create?

Just wondering.

I don't think Play-Asia or NCSX's sales would be counted by MC or Famitsu, but my copy would since Jonny bought it from retail and sent it to me.

The Sphinx said:
What's the deal with all the late July games? There's no major holiday near that time.
No but it's summertime.
School gets out in mid-July up till Sept. 1st so summer is a big sales season in Japan.
And there is a holiday in mid-August...

omg rite said:
Here's a question.

Just wondering.
Probably not. As I understand it, Media Create polls retailers and extrapolates from there. An import from somewhere like yesasia is probably ordered directly from a Japanese wholesaler, and therefore doesn't get counted.

Evlar

Banned
omg rite said:
Here's a question.

Just wondering.
I don't know if they count or estimate Play Asia and the other exporters. If they don't the real Ouendan sales could be somewhat higher.

Not a big deal though.

Fuzzy

cvxfreak said:
I don't think Play-Asia or NCSX's sales would be counted by MC or Famitsu, but my copy would since Jonny bought it from retail and sent it to me.
So you're saying you're just like the guys who don't buy games from Walmart here to make sure the sale gets counted? :lol

cvxfreak

pilonv1 said:
I know you know these numbers very well cvxfreak so lets have them :)

Here are all the known Famitsu Biohazard debuts:

Biohazard (PS) - 148,904
Biohazard (SS) - 68,130
Biohazard Director's Cut - 144,349
Biohazard 2 (PS) - 1,389,733
Biohazard Director's Cut Dual Shock Version - 54,872
Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Version - 98,746
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (PS) - 1,005,020
Biohazard 2 (N64) - 8,601
Biohazard Gun Survivor - 158,101
Biohazard CODE: Veronica - 306,778
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (DC) - 6,332
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Kanzenban (DC) - 12,852
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Kanzenban (PS2) - 184,475
Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard CODE: Veronica - 32,296
Biohazard (GC) - 119,019
Biohazard 0 - 190,394
Biohazard 2 (GC) - 9,372
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (GC) - 8,691
Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard: Heroes Never Die - 16,847
Biohazard Outbreak - 208,617
Biohazard Outbreak FILE 2 - 89,131
Biohazard 4 (GC) - 145,533
Biohazard 4 (PS2) - 234,917
Biohazard Deadly Silence - 17,943
Biohazard 4 Wii Edition - 50,000

EDIT: In order from highest to lowest...

Biohazard 2 (PS) - 1,389,733
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (PS) - 1,005,020
Biohazard CODE: Veronica (DC) - 306,778
Biohazard 4 (PS2) - 234,917
Biohazard Outbreak - 208,617
Biohazard 0 - 190,394
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Kanzenban (PS2) - 184,475
Biohazard Gun Survivor - 158,101
Biohazard (PS) - 148,904
Biohazard 4 (GC) - 145,533
Biohazard Director's Cut - 144,349
Biohazard (GC) - 119,019
Biohazard 2 Dual Shock Version - 98,746
Biohazard Outbreak FILE 2 - 89,131
Biohazard (SS) - 68,130
Biohazard Director's Cut Dual Shock Version - 54,872
Biohazard 4 Wii Edition - 50,000
Gun Survivor 2: Biohazard CODE: Veronica - 32,296
Biohazard Deadly Silence - 17,943
Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard: Heroes Never Die - 16,847
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Kanzenban (DC) - 12,852
Biohazard 2 (GC) - 9,372
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (GC) - 8,691
Biohazard 2 (N64) - 8,601
Biohazard 3: Last Escape (DC) - 6,332

someone make good use of this when the numbers hit.

nh5ldquxqyzyzodmtjoi.jpg

should be perfect for photoshop and PS3 numbers.

legend166

So does Biohazard 2 hold the record for the sequel outselling the original the most? As in, relatively, it outsold it by 10x. That's crazy.

cvxfreak

legend166 said:
So does Biohazard 2 hold the record for the sequel outselling the original the most? As in, relatively, it outsold it by 10x. That's crazy.

It might be as far as original releases are concerned. It certainly isn't FFII, DQII, SMB2 or Pokemon GS...

Top Bottom