• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/28 - 6/3

CorwinB

legend166 said:
It'd be up around 700-800k now? 350k in Japan, and maybe 400k in the USA.

Note to Nintendo (especially NoE), Europe is ready to do its part to put this game into the million sellers category, just release the damn game here already !

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
MHP2 is out of the top30. :( Didn't have the same staying power that the prequel did, but it sold more overall, right?

legend166 said:
It'd be up around 700-800k now? 350k in Japan, and maybe 400k in the USA.

It was about 350k-ish in USA from the last NPD right? So yeah probably 400-450k sold in USA so far. Add Japanese and (eventually European sales) and it'll sell quite a bit over 1 million, which is a good result.

apotema said:
And assuming good supply the question for the Wii would be when it will outsell PSP, not GC
That's a bit harder to say, PSP still being a moving target compared to GCN or even PS2. If the rest of this year plays out like last year did for PSP, it would end the year at around 6.5 million. Even with good supply Wii would be hard pressed to catch up by then. If from now through late November Wii averaged 75K a week and the last five weeks were 200K apiece, it would still be at 5.5 million.
spindoc said:
MHP2 is out of the top30. :( Didn't have the same staying power that the prequel did, but it sold more overall, right?
A) Unless MHP came out after MHP2, it's not a prequel.
B) Yeah, MHP2 didn't take long to pass up MHP.

Terrell

cvxfreak said:
A prequel by definition has to come out after another product?

...the more you know.
Yep, that's the exact definition.

Oxford English Dictionary said:
pre • quel n. a story or movie containing events that precede those of an existing work

The word he was looking for was "predecessor".

JoshuaJSlone said:
That's a bit harder to say, PSP still being a moving target compared to GCN or even PS2. If the rest of this year plays out like last year did for PSP, it would end the year at around 6.5 million. Even with good supply Wii would be hard pressed to catch up by then. If from now through late November Wii averaged 75K a week and the last five weeks were 200K apiece, it would still be at 5.5 million.

A) Unless MHP came out after MHP2, it's not a prequel.
B) Yeah, MHP2 didn't take long to pass up MHP.

pre·quel (prē'kwəl) Pronunciation Key
n. A literary, dramatic, or cinematic work whose narrative takes place before that of a preexisting work or a sequel.

RE4 Wii's debut is pretty good, all things considered and it's great to see Ouendan 2 back in the top 5! (Supply constrained am confirmed!)

Super Paper Mario and BBA Wii are hanging on ok, they should last a fair while but I don't see them getting back into the top 10.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Deku said:
Was Forza 2 leased this week or last week?
Last week, was 11th on the MC charts (btw Cheesemeister links the previous weeks at the bottom of his first psot so you could've checked ;) )
RiskyChris said:
You forgot to add in Eur...

Oh, oh dear.
You evil bastard...

ziran

Very good start for Observation Training and a decent debut for RE4, could manage 100K.

NSMB tops 4.5 million! :D

...as Yamauchi becomes Japan's 3rd richest person:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=a0eeg6geNo3Y
Japan's 10 richest are:

1. Akira Mori: $5.5 billion
2. Masayoshi Son: $5.45 billion
3. Hiroshi Yamauchi: $4.8 billion
4. Kunio Busujima: $4.3 billion
5. Hiroko Takei: $4 billion
6. Nobutada Saji: $3.9 billion
7. Eitaro Itoyama: $3.8 billion
8. Tadashi Yanai: $3.6 billion
9. Takemitsu Takizaki: $2.7 billion
10. Masatoshi Ito: $2.6 billion

Kafel

Banned
Capcom said they want to sell 420.000 copies of RE4 Wii Edition worldwide before March 08.

Do you GAF think it's possible ?

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Kafel said:
Capcom said they want to sell 420.000 copies of RE4 Wii Edition worldwide before March 08.

Hammer24

Banned
Kafel said:

Taking the current, and possible future installed base into consideration, yes, this should be possible.

Parl

Kafel said:

They most likely will sell that many, IMHO. But the question is, will the retailers sell that many?

Well, it'll probably do something like 100,000 in Japan, which means something like 100,000-150,000 in Europe and 200,000 in NA.

Kafel said:

I would think it's possible.

I reckon the game could slowly reach 150,000 in Japan. Europe has a question mark over it, but it could do well, so perhaps 100-150k. It should perform pretty well in the USA, say around 200-250k?

Is that realistic?

Kafel said:

Oh yes, definetely, people are still mad about RE4 even after 2 years, and fans would gladly buy the same game twice or for those fanatics, for the third or fourth time.

MASB

Japan's 10 richest are:

The way Nintendo's stock is going, he could easily become Japan's richest man.

mclem

PhoenixDark said:
Observation Training? Nintendo has gone too far!

They're fools! Fools, I tell you! Haven't they realised that as soon as all the Japanese people have used this for a while and trained their eyes up, they're no longer going to be willing to put up with the inferior graphics of the Wii and will *need* to buy HD consoles for their newly-trained eyes to enjoy!

Kenka

Japan's 10 richest are:

He could easily earn one more billion the day Nintendo announces that global sales of Wii overtake X360's ones.

Which will basically happen in about 4 months :lol

Parl

mclem said:
They're fools! Fools, I tell you! Haven't they realised that as soon as all the Japanese people have used this for a while and trained their eyes up, they're no longer going to be willing to put up with the inferior graphics of the Wii and will *need* to buy HD consoles for their newly-trained eyes to enjoy!

You could've so done that joke with one sentence. But no, Nintendo is "optimising" people's perception of the visuals of Wii and HD with Observation Training.

nli10

JoshuaJSlone said:

This is why you are the god of future trends :)

I'm pretty sure that Europe isn't seeing all of that extra stock that is magically being made. Sure we got a massive 2 week-and-counting bump for strikers (still in the UK top 5) but there are still missing units. I'm thinking that DQ in July will see a massive outpouring of stock in Japan, and then they will shift one or two production lines over to other colour units ready for later in the year.

After all the demand is there for the units, and sales now are better than potential sales later in the year when the other systems have games comming out. Nintendo's 'Strong Summer' tactic is going to completely change the usual seasonal slump for stores in the UK and probably worldwide - and the amount of goodwill this will generate with $tore owner$ cannot be underestimated.

acuul said:
25% of the users that posted on that thread were banned :lol

It's like that in all the old threads, and even in the not-that-old ones. GAF's efficient natural selection process at work, definitely.

Ronok

So wait ... if DS is up over 600,000 on the PSP in Japan WITHOUT a decent game, what is it going to do to it when there's something worth buying?

This quote made me chuckle. ^^

Haunted

Nintendomination, amazing legs, yay for Ouendan! etc. etc.

wtf at Yamauchi being the third richest Japanese!? I didn't know that.

C.T.

Haunted One said:
Nintendomination, amazing legs, yay for Ouendan! etc. etc.

wtf at Yamauchi being the third richest Japanese!? I didn't know that.

he became nr 3. (was 11 places behind or on nr 11). seems hes got a lot of nintendo stock... :D

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Seems like SPM is showing some legs yeah? What's it up to..about 400K maybe?

schuelma said:
Seems like SPM is showing some legs yeah? What's it up to..about 400K maybe?

I can't get exact figures (it didn't reach top 10 the last few weeks) but from my estimations it is around 350k, and is selling around 10,000 - 15,000 a week.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Alkaliine said:
I can't get exact figures (it didn't reach top 10 the last few weeks) but from my estimations it is around 350k, and is selling around 10,000 - 15,000 a week.

Yup, just went through and that seems like a good estimate. Based on the past 3 weeks it looks like its begun to hold steady at 15K or a bit below..good news.

schuelma said:
Yup, just went through and that seems like a good estimate. Based on the past 3 weeks it looks like its begun to hold steady at 15K or a bit below..good news.

Yeah I think it'll definitely pass 400k at least, just have to see if it has the legs to reach 500k.

CaVaYeRo

Kafel said:

Yes, I believe so.

Great reviews will sell it for US and European market.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
PhoenixDark said:
Observation Training? Nintendo has gone too far!

They need "How To Pick Up Girls Training"... would be like the biggest seller in the history of videogames... heh

Top Bottom