• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 5/28 - 6/3

Vagabundo

Kafel said:
Capcom said they want to sell 420.000 copies of RE4 Wii Edition worldwide before March 08.

Do you GAF think it's possible ?

I think this will sell well in Europe/US and possible reach close to 100k in JP.

Very doable. There are lot of people who never played the original.

Wiitard

Banned
Kafel said:
Capcom said they want to sell 420.000 copies of RE4 Wii Edition worldwide before March 08.

Given that the attach rate for US and Europe for this game should be twice the Japanese attach rate, very possible.

donny2112

Kafel said:

In the U.S., by the end of the year? Yes. The price is the key.

milanbaros said:
I was looking at my old posts and I found out I actually started one of these threads http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28971 and there were only 20 replies.

Now there are 35 replies. :lol

For reference, here's the same graph I posted in the April 16-22 MC Thread showing post growth over the years.

MCPosts.png

DS vs. PSP started it, but it's seemed to have a substantial baseline increase every year.

Observation Training. I want it. I sure hope the DS has a GB-like lifespan, so that NOA can finally get off their keisters and port these awesome-sounding/looking "non-games" to the U.S. Language-training (e.g. Spanish), Cooking! Navi, 1000 healthy recipes DS, General Knowledge Training, Observation Training, etc.

Koren

djtiesto said:
They need "How To Pick Up Girls Training"... would be like the biggest seller in the history of videogames... heh
You know that Yokoi's "Love tester" was one of the biggest successes of Nintendo in the end of the seventies ? :D

Wiitard said:
At half a million, it would make something like $10-12 (assuming that they make $20 per copy in US and more abroad). Dev costs of the port + mmarketing. Let's say 2 million.

Now, let's compare this with Lost Planet. A million copies sold. $50 per copy. $20 mil for developmentt. $20 mil for marketing. We get profits in the same ballpark. Not too shabby.

Stiff competition? You must be speaking relative to other markets. Wii is not facing nearly the level of competition PS2 was facing in US in the console space.

LOL at first part.

WTF at second part. 360 is way stronger than GameCube or XBox were vs PS2.

Wiitard said:
If UC sells really well, there will be a Wii version of RE5. What is really well? I'd say north of 700,000.

LOL WTF

Wiitard said:
Of course I'm talking worldwide.

Konami???

By the way, I'm not really sure it will sell that much. But even if it sells half a million I see a high probability of RE5 Wii - after all, not porting it to Wii would almost certainly mean locking out the majority of the franchise's fans.

lol what

ivysaur12

Banned
ethelred said:
C'mon, Ivy... need to learn that Nintendo PR hacks lie as quickly and easily as everyone else's. Reggie was pulling a fast one on everyone by giving shipped, not sold, figures!

But I want to believe :(

Alkaliine said:
I can't get exact figures (it didn't reach top 10 the last few weeks) but from my estimations it is around 350k, and is selling around 10,000 - 15,000 a week.

The last week, we have MC numbers for SPM is 7-13 May with 330 851. If you add to this the last three weeks with around 15 000 per week, the number is now around 375 000. 400 000 will be achieved in 2 weeks :)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
oldie-newbie said:
The last week, we have MC numbers for SPM is 7-13 May with 330 851. If you add to this the last three weeks with around 15 000 per week, the number is now around 375 000. 400 000 will be achieved in 2 weeks :)

Yup, you are correct.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
C.T. said:
he became nr 3. (was 11 places behind or on nr 11). seems hes got a lot of nintendo stock... :D
No, he moved UP 11 places.

In other words, he was #14

Gozan

djtiesto said:
They need "How To Pick Up Girls Training"... would be like the biggest seller in the history of videogames... heh

They could licence that Neil Strauss book.
Then it'd be The Game: The Game.
Wait, aren't they making a movie of that book? Then it could be The Game: The Movie: The Game.

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Isn't this the worst opening ever for a numbered RE game, not counting the DC/GCN ports of RE2/3? Or did Deadly Silence do worse?

The GCN version opened 3.5x higher, and the PS2 version almost double that.

It appears that Japan is worn out on RE4. Hopefully the US sales will pick up the slack, the Wii really needs this game to do well (500k+ WW) for 3rd parties to take it seriously for M-rated content and complex action games.

Edit: Some quick and dirty calculations show that Wii Sports is going to outsell Final Fantasy XII in about 6 months if it continues at its current rate. 0_o

well It has already been released on Gamecube, and PS2. That is good numbers for a port.

Sharp

house said:
It's time to post this old pic again :)

nintengirls01.jpg
You're forgetting the 50% female demographic. And that is why you don't run Nintendo.

Need Nintendudes for Iwata approval.

Eteric Rice

Sharp said:
You're forgetting the 50% female demographic. And that is why you don't run Nintnedo.

Need Nintendudes for Iwata approval.

Whats freaky is as names, "Nintengirls" and "Nintendudes" actually work really well.

DO IT NINTENDO. :lol

Luckyman

Banned
Wiitard said:
At half a million, it would make something like $10-12 (assuming that they make $20 per copy in US and more abroad). Dev costs of the port + mmarketing. Let's say 2 million.

Now, let's compare this with Lost Planet. A million copies sold. $50 per copy. $20 mil for developmentt. $20 mil for marketing. We get profits in the same ballpark. Not too shabby.

Lost Planet has shipped over 1.3M.. and MS pretty much paid the marketing.

But even if it sells half a million I see a high probability of RE5 Wii - after all, not porting it to Wii would almost certainly mean locking out the majority of the franchise's fans.

lol what

Wiitard

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
LOL at first part.

WTF at second part. 360 is way stronger than GameCube or XBox were vs PS2.

Really? Way stronger in what sense? Current hardware sales of 360 + PS3 are not way stronger that Xbox + Gamecube even in US. Furthermore Xbox and GC were much more of direct substitutes for PS2 then 360 and PS3 are for Wii.

Wiitard

Banned
Luckyman said:
Lost Planet has shipped over 1.3M.. and MS pretty much paid the marketing.

lol what

Last numbers I saw was the million seller list from Capcom and there Lost Planet was listed at 1 million.

As for Microsoft paying for marketing, you must be refering to 1up show where they were suggesting that MS payed for part of the marketing costs. Even if true, it does not really tells much about the profit potential of a game. Somebody needed to spend $20 million to develop it and $20 million to market it.

As for lol what, yes it is safe assume that not porting RE5 on Wii will lock out most of the fanbase because:

1) Most of the gamers, especially in Japan will not have a 360 or PS3 this gen going by today's numbers;

2) This is especialy true for the new fan the franchise might create with UC and RE4 Wii.

Gaborn

perfectchaos007 said:
HW #'s soon?

Its only a matter of time before that question carries an automatic ban I'd say. I can't think of very many things more annoying than asking that.

Gaborn said:
Its only a matter of time before that question carries an automatic ban I'd say. I can't think of very many things more annoying than asking that.

HAY GUYS DO YOU THINK FINAL FANTASY XIII IS COMING TO THE WII OR METAL GEAR SOLID 4 IS COMING TO THE XBOX 360

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
BrodiemanTTR said:
HAY GUYS DO YOU THINK FINAL FANTASY XIII IS COMING TO THE WII OR METAL GEAR SOLID 4 IS COMING TO THE XBOX 360

no idiot, crysis is coming to the wii, no way those are, geez. :lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Gaborn said:

I actually thought we'd reached that point already...

Gaborn said:

I only asked that because Cheese isn't doing the numbers this time. I wasn't sure if cvxfreak would follow the same pattern.

justchris

nli10 said:
After all the demand is there for the units, and sales now are better than potential sales later in the year when the other systems have games comming out. Nintendo's 'Strong Summer' tactic is going to completely change the usual seasonal slump for stores in the UK and probably worldwide - and the amount of goodwill this will generate with $tore owner$ cannot be underestimated.

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about that, but it does seem like Nintendo has placed a much larger focus on Summer than other developers have. If they can keep selling out through summer, it won't matter as much if they lose a few units in comparison to the competiton in the fall. They'll probably make it all up by Christmas, as well, if they can manage WW releases of SMG & SSBB in Nov/Dec respectively.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Michan said:
DSL 123,140
Wii 69,748
PSP 26,358
PS2 11,814
PS3 8,998
Xbox360 2,219
GBM 310
GBASP 247
GC 226
DS 71
GBA 16