• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

ethelred said:
I have no idea what you're saying to me.

I mean: where was approx. Yoshi's Island DS in the charts last week ?

Edit: Off topic, but I have seen a part of the Dark Crystal in english language and now I understand why some people say it is bad: the doublage is horrible.

The italian version is 100x better.

donny2112

creamsugar said:
Famitsu number (6/18 ~ 6/24)
DSL - 166,362

With 150K shipment of new colors and assuming the regular 100K+ shipment, I think it's more than safe to say that the severe shortages of the DS in Japan are finished
until DQIX
. That's if Vinnk's Village report and the Next-Gen.biz article weren't enough to indicate that a few weeks ago.

This might mean that we get to see what the DS sales in Japan look like for a full December, non-constrained. "Shock and Awe" indeed. :D

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Maybe the DS has reached the point of saturation

Saturation and non-severe shortages are definitely not the same thing. :lol Remember that the DS has never seen a price drop in Japan. ;)

ethelred said:
I was saying that about Yoshi's Island 2 a while back. I'm bummed that it seems to have stalled out around 750~.

donny2112 said:
Famitsu June 4-10

21. NDS Yoshi's Island DS 11853 / 761331

It's #21 three months after it's release. It's definitely not "stalled." Yes, it's a good game, too. :D

kisakiproject said:
Trusty has no legs :(.

Just because we have no numbers for it doesn't mean its legs (for a 360 game) are bad. If it's not on the top 50 for the week, then it'll be safe to say it doesn't have any legs.

I wonder if Lumines will make it to top50, its #2 in amazon :lol

Very good start for Zelda, I thought it'd be on the 200-250k range so 290k sounds really good to me. Lets see legs....AND PAL RELEASE (or NA at least) SOON PLEASE :(

Go Growlanser, go Ateli...Mana Khemia!

GO TALES OF FANDOM VOL2, TO THE 100k TO REACH NAMCO's SURPASSED SALES EXPECTATIONS STATUS! :D :D :D

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Jocchan said:
6h8gqz4.jpg

Please, could anybody tell me how is this symbol called, and where I can find a high resolution one? Thanks :)

The Laughing Man, from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

For a bit of an explanation, the symbol is sort of the logo of the primary antagonist of the first season of the show. Because pretty much everybody in SAC's alternate universe uses cybernetically enhanced organs, the Laughing Man is able to hack into people's brains. When anybody saw The Laughing Man, this logo was placed over his face so that nobody could identify him.

Hence the joke here is that the symbol is placed over people's faces like it was with The Laughing Man so that you don't see the faces of the people, substituting the traditional black bars.

schuelma said:
6. Hajime no Ippo: Revolution (AQ Interactive)

Is that considered pretty decent?

It's a boxing game that's based off some anime. There were some PS2 games in the series that were localized in America as Victorious Boxers.

Well the obvious one would be Zelda. Besides that, it'd be interesting to see if there are any of the new colours for the DS lying about. The reported 166k from Famitsu seems a bit low, so it'd be interesting to see if it was a case of the 2 colours just not being all that popular.

Kafel

Banned
Vinnk said:
What shall I loove for this week.

I will do my best to post this weeks report promptly.

Thank you for your offer.

It would be interesting to track the DS Lite. The shipment of the 2 new colours seemed to have produced no effect on sales.

Kafel

Banned
Since the original thread was closed and that the consequences of this article ( Gamespot has got details ) can be discussed here :

Report: Japanese publishers switching over to Wii

Namco Bandai, Capcom, and Sega are redirecting resources from Sony and Microsoft projects to Nintendo projects, reports Variety Asia.

By Tom Magrino, GameSpot
Posted Jun 27, 2007 1:37 pm PT

According to a report from Variety Asia, Japan's top three third-party publishers are ramping up development for Nintendo's Wii and DS systems, at the expense of rivals Sony and Microsoft. Namco Bandai will reportedly increase Nintendo hardware development by 109 percent to 115 titles, Sega will up its titles by 96 percent to 49, and Capcom titles will rise by 5 percent to 20.

Not only will Nintendo platforms be getting a greater assortment of games, but they will see a greater availability of them as well. Variety Asia says that more than 26.8 million units of Wii, DS, and Game Boy Advance software will ship during Nintendo's 2007 fiscal year. By comparison, 23.3 million units of software for the Sony platform will ship during the same period. Further, Sony machines will see a 30 to 40 percent decrease in shipped units from the three Japanese publishers, while Capcom alone will increase shipments for Nintendo systems by 81 percent to 4.7 million units.

As for the why, Variety Asia states that in addition to the fact the Wii and DS are trouncing the competition in the North American and Japanese markets, development costs are lower for Nintendo's hardware.

The report also states that another Japanese software giant, Square Enix, does not plan to develop any new titles for the PlayStation 3 until the console's installed base rises enough to make increased next-gen development costs worthwhile. However, Variety Asia made no mention that the company has several PS3 projects currently in development, including Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Square Enix's president and CEO, Yoichi Wada, recently called the Xbox 360 and PS3 "over-engineered" and "mismatched" to gamers needs in a Financial Times report.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173230.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Stumpokapow said:
"Capcom titles will rise by 5% to 20"...

... you mean Capcom is going to develop one more game? WOW!
1 Capcom game is worth the same as the 110 anime shovelware games from Bandai-Namco anyway. :lol

More like later tonight. The program should be working with the new site, and I think Gpara posts the numbers between 11:30 and 12:30 ET. I'm not precisely sure when just yet.

titiklabingapat said:
Sinobi is saying that they are increasing the shipments of DQS. Can anyone translate and confirm?

Sinobi said:
7月発売の「ドラゴンクエストソード」「機動戦士ガンダム」で
もうひと伸びして欲しいところ。
ちなみに「ドラゴンクエストソード」の初回出荷分が
若干数上乗せされた模様。

Anticipation has increased for the July releases of Dragon Quest Swords and Mobile Suit Gundam. Incidentally, initial shipment figures for Dragon Quest Swords has also been revised upward somewhat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jj984jj said:
1 Capcom game is worth the same as the 110 anime shovelware games from Bandai-Namco anyway. :lol

To be fair at least one of those 110 is probably a new Klonoa, and I'll buy that.

Top Bottom