• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

sphinx

the piano man
Those pics are insane.

I guess they are from saturday in the morning before the store opened right? It would be sad to have that many games not being bought.

From the last page...

Okay, good news. I've just about got the parser up and running for Gpara. Right now it's successfully reading in last week's rankings and printing out the results per normal. All that's left is to wire up the polling function.

I could still post the list of upcoming games from "eg" as the data there shouldn't be too out-of-date yet; re-engineering to use Gpara's upcoming release calendar will have to wait 'til next week. But holy crap, there are 57 titles coming out this week -- that's a lot of translation and data gathering. =P

cvxfreak said:
Japanese electronics stores are so awesome.

shakefist.gif

Kenka

apujanata said:
If Zelda managed to get so high a first week sales, what will happen to DQIX first week sales ? 4 Million First week ?

I wouldn't bet that it won't. 4 millions first week is defintely a possibility. Actually, the record is held by FF VIII with approximatively 2.7 millions so a score in that range should be considered.

But take a look : if DQ is sold for the equivalent of 50 $ a piece SE will make a turnover of 200'000'000 $ in ONE week. Isn't that enough to compete with companies like Nestlé, Pfizer or General Electric ?

If Let's Try Fortune Telling DS is the biggest DS game releasing next week, then there's going to be an influx of crap for the DS pretty soon. :lol

test_account

XP-39C²
Kenka said:
I wouldn't bet that it won't. 4 millions first week is defintely a possibility. Actually, the record is held by FF VIII with approximatively 2.7 millions so a score in that range should be considered.

But take a look : if DQ is sold for the equivalent of 50 $ a piece SE will make a turnover of 200'000'000 $ in ONE week. Isn't that enough to compete with companies like Nestlé, Pfizer or General Electric ?

Nintendo and the retailers shall also have their piece of the cake from those $50 (if that is the price) so SE wont make $200.000.000 alone. But if SE get like $20 for each copy, they will make $80.000.000, which is also a crazy amount of money to make just from one title o_O Its amazing to accomplish something like this :)

apujanata

Chris Michael said:
If Let's Try Fortune Telling DS is the biggest DS game releasing next week, then there's going to be an influx of crap for the DS pretty soon. :lol

AFAIK, Girls / Women dig fortune Telling. It is probable that 90% of purchasers are female.

Nice pics, King Zell. I never saw so many copies of a single game in one location. Do you know which shop is it ?

What color of DSL was packed in with Zelda ? I didn't realize that there will be a bundle of Zelda + DSL. I knew about the two new color release on the same day.

apujanata

Kenka said:

$50 is too high. Most probably it is $40, which is still slightly higher than average DS game price of $30. If SE get $10-15 per game, they will be drowning in money. Which might or might not compensate for the possibility of low revenue from FF13.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
test_account said:
Nintendo and the retailers shall also have their piece of the cake from those $50 (if that is the price) so SE wont make $200.000.000 alone. But if SE get like $20 for each copy, they will make $80.000.000, which is also a crazy amount of money to make just from one title o_O Its amazing to accomplish something like this :)

Although I don't think they will, Ninty/Square Enix could get away with an eqv of $50 for DQ9, it'll be closer to $40 as stated, and I think it will easily meet 4million in a week, LTD appoaching 8Mil by the end too, more than making the DS decision worthwhile.

Kenka

8 million is quite a challenge. Only Poké Red/blue reached that. :lol

A realistic forecast would be 5.5 million LTD which would already be the best selling non-Nintendo title in Japan history. Nothing less. Geez, it will be hurrican :D

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
6h8gqz4.jpg

Please, could anybody tell me how is this symbol called, and where I can find a high resolution one? Thanks :)

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Stop It said:
Although I don't think they will, Ninty/Square Enix could get away with an eqv of $50 for DQ9, it'll be closer to $40 as stated, and I think it will easily meet 4million in a week, LTD appoaching 8Mil by the end too, more than making the DS decision worthwhile.
That would mean completely slaughtering every Nintendo DS franchise...

And slaughtering DQVIII's sales too, it had very few legs and didn't sell much in the US (3 million sales first week in japan, total a bit above 4 million shipped, 430,000 NA sales)

Seriously, I don't see 8 million WW LTD, more like 5 to 6

Shanks

Jocchan said:
6h8gqz4.jpg

Please, could anybody tell me how is this symbol called, and where I can find a high resolution one? Thanks :)

It's called "The Laughing Man" mask or logo. Such google images for The Laughing Man and you should get plenty.

Masklinn

Jocchan said:
6h8gqz4.jpg

Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex?

edit: damn, you have your answer

Masklinn said:
That would mean completely slaughtering every Nintendo DS franchise...

And slaughtering DQVIII's sales too, it had very few legs and didn't sell much in the US (3 million sales first week in japan, total a bit above 4 million shipped, 430,000 NA sales)

Seriously, I don't see 8 million WW LTD, more like 5 to 6

Actually, 2.2 million first week. It had a quite a bit of legs to crawl up to 3.6m LTD, but not as much legs as DQVII which opened with 1.8 million first week and totalled @ 4.1m.

I think DQIX is guaranteed legs, even Joker had legs, but 8 million LTD or 4 million first week? Some of you are crazy. S-E won't even ship that much. :lol

Masklinn

Magicpaint said:
I think DQIX is guaranteed legs, even Joker had legs, but 8 million LTD or 4 million first week? Some of you are crazy. S-E won't even ship that much. :lol
Seeing the opening of DQVII and DQVIII, they'll probably start by shipping in the 3mil range though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Shanks said:
It's called "The Laughing Man" mask or logo. Such google images for The Laughing Man and you should get plenty.

Masklinn said:
Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex?

edit: damn, you have your answer
Thanks guys :)

donny2112

apujanata said:
$50 is too high. Most probably it is $40, which is still slightly higher than average DS game price of $30.

The Final Fantasy games always come out for a premium. I believe FFIII DS was ~$50 at release. I don't know if Dragon Quest games do the same premium pricing, though.

apujanata said:
AFAIK, Girls / Women dig fortune Telling. It is probable that 90% of purchasers are female.

Nice pics, King Zell. I never saw so many copies of a single game in one location. Do you know which shop is it ?
That's SoftMap, and it looks like the Akihabara one. Great place to shop for new stuff. Top two floors scare the crap out of me, though.

creamsugar

Famitsu number (6/18 ~ 6/24)

PS3 - 9,665
Wii - 66,357
360 - 4,058
DSL - 166,362

Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (DS) - 290,000
Itadaki Street DS (DS) - 140,000
Observation Training (DS) - 50,000
Hajime no Ippo: Revolution (Wii) - 25,480
Saints Row (360) - 9,036
Folks Soul (PS3) - 16,629
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3) - 12,264

Toru

Famitsu 6/18 - 6/24

1. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)
2. Itadaki Street DS (Square-Enix)
3. Practice by Observing: DS Observation Training (Nintendo)
4. Growlanser VI (Atlus)
5. Wii Sports (Nintendo)
6. Hajime no Ippo: Revolution (AQ Interactive)
7. Mana-Khemia: The School Alchemists (Gust)
8. More English Training (Nintendo)
9. More Brain Age (Nintendo)
10. Wii Play (Nintendo)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
6. Hajime no Ippo: Revolution (AQ Interactive)

Is that considered pretty decent?

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
creamsugar said:

PS3 - 9,665
Wii - 66,357
360 - 4,058
DSL - 166,362

Saints Row (360) - 9,036
DSL sales seems low to me, yeah I know something's wrong when someone says almost 170k sales in one week is low. :lol

As I said before, NGS seems to have some legs, at least better than Trusty Bell.

Evlar

Banned
Looks like Folks Soul may have squeaked into the top ten, or maybe not. Observation Train continues to show strength. Zelda is a little weaker than the early reports indicated but still very good.

360 is still a little higher than its normal weekly sales rate, but PS3 is more or less back to normal after the ninjabump.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
The Sphinx said:
Looks like Folks Soul may have squeaked into the top ten, or maybe not. Observation Train continues to show strength. Zelda is a little weaker than the early reports indicated but still very good.

Doesn't this week only include first day sales for Zelda?

Evlar

Banned
schuelma said:
Doesn't this week only include first day sales for Zelda?
First two days, right? Saturday release? Articles posted on the last page were reporting 350k in sales for those two days.

test_account

XP-39C²
Thanks for the salenumbers on those games :) I read somewhere on GAF earlier that it was reported 23k sold for Ninja Gaiden Sigma. I wonder what those numbers were based on.

Parl

Gekkonidae said:
Oh, you mean the statistical noise?

Well, this week, it's 1,000 above what it should be. We have a SoulBump along with a bit of leftovers from the SigmaBump.

creamsugar said:

PS3 - 9,665
Wii - 66,357
360 - 4,058
DSL - 166,362

Saints Row (360) - 9,036

Too low for all. And DS with new coloris = only 160k ? Maybe the DS has reached the point of saturation (after 17 milions pieces sold...).

Parl said:
Well, this week, it's 1,000 above what it should be. We have a SoulBump along with a bit of leftovers from the SigmaBump.
it's a lot less than what it *should* be... but that's a different story.

i'm kind of amazed at how slow PS3 software is, espescially a game like Folks Soul. you'd think they'd be starved for software and buying anything that showed promise.

ethelred

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
In which position mantains it recently ?

I have no idea what you're saying to me.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Well, they had to realize the truth about YI2 sooner or later.

That it was a great game? I agree, hopefully they'll catch onto that before too long.

Top Bottom