• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/11 - 6/17

speculawyer said:
WTF is a "Trusty Bell"?

152fs806096.jpg

sphinx

the piano man
NDS - 8

Black Cat Concerto (Compile Heart)
Cooking Navi: All-Empire Hotel (Koei)
Fumie Wakabayashi's DS Stock Lesson (Bandai-Namco)
Hello Kitty's Place Collection: Doki-Doki Travel of Love (Rocket Co.)
Go! Go! Minon (Success)
Touch the Uno! DS (Sega)
Itadaki Street DS (Square-Enix)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (Nintendo)

I wonder if DS will sell above 160k-170k this coming week.

the Bolded games together with the new colors must have some impact right?

Snaku

Banned
Itagaki will not be pleased, even though he wasn't involved with Sigma. You know it'll still bug him that Ninja Gaiden came in behind a 360 game in Japan. :lol

ivysaur12

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
Hooray for Trusty Bell cracking the top 2, but those sales still aren't satisfying enough for a game that looks so good. Oh well... Not like its developers aren't used to that, after the great Baten Kaitos games. Sadly enough. :(

Trusty Bell has outsold BKO already. BK1, not so much, and I doubt it'll ever make it there (100k? I think).

EDIT: Apparently the game isn't very good though, which sucks.

Christopher

Why does Japan NOT like good games?

Resident Evil 4 - Zelda: Twilight Princess (even though it was a very meh Zelda, still good gameplay)

BUY GOOD GAMES JAPAN

santouras

heh, it would have been interesting if ninja gaiden wasn't released this week if 360 could sell more hardware then ps3, even if only for one week.

Jirotrom

evilromero said:
Wow. I guess we can definitely expect a boost for both 360 and PS3.
not really...this is still comparatively low software sales all across the board. I mean mario is in the top ten. I think 360 will be around 5k and PS3 will hit 13-14k.

Cruceh

Banned
evilromero said:
Wow. I guess we can definitely expect a boost for both 360 and PS3.
Famitsu numbers posted in the previous thread already. M-C should be quite close, though it seems PS3 did not get as much a boost as 360.
creamsugar said:
Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592
Ninja Gaiden Sigma - 40,886
Speaking of which, there's an error in this week's thread. :eek:
Media Create Sales 5/28 - 6/3
Media Create Sales 5/4 - 6/10

speculawyer said:
WTF is a "Trusty Bell"?

Lots of answers . . . little sense. I'm still lost. I'm guessing the game is some RPG and it has the subtitle Chopin's Dream. I went to the web site and there is some anime kids and a lady playing piano with piano music.

So is it like an JRPG where you have to learn to play the piano and you have some bell that you trust to ring some magic notes for you? WTF?

Cruceh said:
Famitsu numbers posted in the previous thread already. M-C should be quite close, though it seems PS3 did not get as much a boost as 360.
Hmm, I missed those. I doubt the MC numbers will stray terribly far.

Jirotrom

speculawyer said:
Lots of answers . . . little sense. I'm still lost. I'm guessing the game is some RPG and it has the subtitle Chopin's Dream. I went to the web site and there is some anime kids and a lady playing piano with piano music.

So is it like an JRPG where you have to learn to play the piano and you have some bell that you trust to ring some magic notes for you? WTF?
I actually had fun with the demo...plays like a Tales game.

These are the Famitsu numbers from the other Media Create thread:

Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592

Doesn't look like much of a boost for the PS3, but we'll see Media Create's totals tomorrow. The Famitsu/MC software sales are pretty close to even though.

Itadaki Street + Zelda + new DS colors next week = DS ownage coming next week. They'll sell however much they ship (DS hardware). Could be a 200k+ week if Nintendo ships enough.

ElFly

So, can Trusty Bell put the 360 sales over the PS3 sales (hardware)?

Mmm, Ninja Gaiden sold almost the same, so I think it's not happening.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Segata Sanshiro said:
Hmm, I missed those. I doubt the MC numbers will stray terribly far.
Last week Famitsu had PS3 above 10k but MC didn't, I wonder if it'll reach 10k this week.

Trusty Bell at 50k is a decent start hope it has legs. Also, next week is seeing saint's row released in japan. Just to edit your release thing. Given its 6,000 ahead of Famitsu, mayeb famitsu didn't include bundle sales?

soundwave05 said:
These are the Famitsu numbers from the other Media Create thread:

Famitsu number

Wii - 70,356
PS3 - 11,012
360 - 7,654

Trusty Bell - 43,592

Doesn't look like much of a boost for the PS3, but we'll see Media Create's totals tomorrow. The Famitsu/MC software sales are pretty close to even though.

Itadaki Street + Zelda + new DS colors next week = DS ownage coming next week. They'll sell however much they ship (DS hardware). Could be a 200k+ week if Nintendo ships enough.

if those PS3 numbers are true, then that means only 2000 people really purchased a PS3 for Ninja Gaiden? :S

Jonnyram

sphinx said:

the Bolded games together with the new colors must have some impact right?
:lol

DS hardware sales are never related to software. Whatever Nintendo puts out there will sell, guaranteed. This week, however, will also include the launch of the two new colours on Saturday, so should be a bit higher anyway.

GhaleonEB

02./00. [360] Trusty Bell ~Chopin's Dream~ (Bandai-Namco) - 49,334 / NEW
03./00. [PS3] Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Tecmo) - 46,307 / NEW

Good debuts for both, but I sure wasn't expecting Trusty Bell to be that high.

Christopher said:

Resident Evil 4 - Zelda: Twilight Princess (even though it was a very meh Zelda, still good gameplay)

BUY GOOD GAMES JAPAN

Well. Resident Evil 4 is an old game, just re-realesed on the Wii. Why does everyone expect it to sell a million copies? If Resident Evil 4 was a new game I would understand people being upset, but it is an old game!

So many different faces this week! I love it.

Trusty's apparently short and not all that great though. Even if it weren't a 360 game (ensuring its legs will get chopped out from under it), I still think it would drop like a rock. It's going to be choking up used game shops by next week for sure.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hell froze... a 360 game beat a PS3 game. I am like... WOW =P. Oh well, diversity in the list at least for once.

SailorDaravon said:
Nice numbers for Trusty Bell and Ninja Gaiden. (

Nice numbers? Those are pathetic numbers. They were the only two big releases this week, both are AAA-level titles, and they both got owned by freakin DS Observation Training. And they barely managed to squeak by Wii Sports.

Trusty Bell is the 3rd best selling 360 game at release btw. BD was 84k and DOA4 was 50-55k.

Its dissapointing to hear the game is short, unfortunately that it bad for legs cause of used game sales.

Xisiqomelir

Christopher said:

BUY GOOD GAMES JAPAN

I have two problems with this kind of post:

1) The statement that all the charted games are terrible

2) The implication that NPDs are filled with better games

legend166

For the next Vinnks Village, I'd like him to see how many used 360s go on sale next week.

So now that Ninja Gaiden: Sigma seems to have had very little effect on PS3 hardware sales, what's next? Minna no Golf?

Tristam

Segata Sanshiro said:
So many different faces this week! I love it.

Trusty's apparently short and not all that great though. Even if it weren't a 360 game (ensuring its legs will get chopped out from under it), I still think it would drop like a rock. It's going to be choking up used game shops by next week for sure.

Heh iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

I think the PS3 would get a considerable bump but the Famitsu numbers aren't promising. Trusty Bell's sales are certainly greater than I expected. Looks like a sweet game for sure.

legend166 said:
For the next Vinnks Village, I'd like him to see how many used 360s go on sale next week.

So now that Ninja Gaiden: Sigma seems to have had very little effect on PS3 hardware sales, what's next? Minna no Golf?

Thats getting the bundle so I expect it to be far bigger than the Gundabump.

VerTiGo

Banned
I'm just hoping that RE4 sold through its initial shipment, which I believe it may have, because even if it's a re-release it really deserves stronger sales performance.... and you think the popularity of the Wii platform would give it some legs. Although, then again, Capcom's worlwide sales expectations could've been low for a reason.

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
America, time to pick up the slack! :D

We will. We will. >: )

jamesinclair said:
Is it just me, or did a bunch of old random games go up in sales?

Layton, Animal Crossing, Brain Age

They were always hanging around. This is just an overall slow week.

sp0rsk said:
Looks like they got the fathers day bump.

:lol

sphinx said:

The new colors are a 150K shipment by themselves. Combined with the normal 125K or so per week sales ...

Segata Sanshiro said:
I'd expect PS3 to more than double to 20k and the 360 to hit the big ol' 10k number. Maybe 15k.

ackbar.jpg

speculawyer said:
I'm guessing the game is some RPG and it has the subtitle Chopin's Dream. I went to the web site and there is some anime kids and a lady playing piano with piano music.

As already posted, it goes by the name Eternal Sonata in the U.S.

Relix said:
Hell froze... a 360 game beat a PS3 game. I am like... WOW =P.

It's happened frequently this year.

Christopher

Didn't RE4 sell like 11,000 total? I mean that seems hardly like "low shipment" or undershipped problems, esp for a Capcom game.

RE4 didn't do too hot on the cube either as I remember, and I'm guessing the Wii audience just didn't want it...but alas we'll see next week.

SonSon2

Japan is alllllllll about the training for the top ten this week....the question is, what is Japan collectively training for?

VerTiGo

Banned
Christopher said:
Didn't RE4 sell like 11,000 total? I mean that seems hardly like "low shipment" or undershipped problems, esp for a Capcom game.

RE4 didn't do too hot on the cube either as I remember, and I'm guessing the Wii audience just didn't want it...but alas we'll see next week.

It debuted with more than 42,000 units sold. I remember hearing that only 50,000 were shipped. I heard that here of course but I don't know how reliable those shipment numbers are.

Christopher said:

It did 43k it's first week and was just outside the top 10 the second week. I suspect it's about 60k and probably not destined to go much farther. Still not great numbers but not as bad as 11k.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are shipment difficulties either.

Top Bottom