Media Create Sales: 6/30 - 7/6

Jun 7, 2004
31,867
1
1,520
Tokyo
www.twitter.com
#1
1. [NDS] Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Nintendo) - 47,000 / 167,000
2. [PS3] Initial D Extreme Stage (Sega) - 43,000
3. [NDS] Derby Stallion DS (Enterbrain) - 38,000 / 186,000
4. [WII] Wii Fit (Nintendo) - 31,000 / 2,323,000
5. [NDS] Nanashi no Game (Square Enix) - 30,000
6. [NDS] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) - 28,000 / 1,535,000
7. [WII] Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World (Bandai Namco) - 27,000 / 164,000
8. [WII] Super Mario Stadium Family Baseball (Nintendo) - 20,000 / 108,000
9. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots (Konami) - 18,000 / 585,000
10. [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G (Capcom) - 18,000 / 2,261,000





Code:
Hardware - This Week |  Last Week |       YTD |        LTD
1. PSP   -    56,439 |    58,861  | 2,192,400 |  9,857,477
2. NDS   -    47,455 |    48,884  | 1,661,075 | 22,834,125
3. WII   -    44,525 |    48,480  | 1,743,935 |  6,360,094
4. PS3   -    14,359 |    17,973  |   565,677 |  2,207,348
5. PS2   -    11,768 |     7,673  |   275,049 | 21,202,089
6. 360   -     4,776 |     5,104  |    77,285 |    584,625


Media Create Sales 5/5 - 5/11
Media Create Sales 5/12 - 5/18
Media Create Sales 5/19 - 5/25
Media Create Sales 5/26 - 6/1
Media Create Sales 6/2 - 6/8
Media Create Sales 6/9 - 6/15
Media Create Sales 6/16 - 6/22
Media Create Sales 6/23 - 6/29



Software numbers are typically posted on Wednesday nights at about midnight Eastern.
Hardware numbers are typically posted Thursday nights at about 9:20 PM Eastern.

Thanks The_lascar + Raggy!

http://www.gpara.com/ranking/mediacreatebn/ranking_20080710.php
 

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
58,595
25
1,285
-
#11
I hate Media Create.
 
Oct 19, 2005
26,635
1
0
#12
cvxfreak said:
7. [WII] Tales of Symphonia Dawn of a New World (Bandai Namco) - 27,000 / 164,000
Wow, falling pretty quickly. Not really going to turn out as impressive as the first day might have suggested.

9. [PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots (Konami) - 18,000 / 585,000
As I've been saying, this is probably going to top off around 625k.
 

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Jan 9, 2006
1,734
0
0
Delaware
#13
Go go go MGS4! 600k is probable for next week, but I think it's safe to say the 700k is going to be a pretty big stretch, especially with the used copies flooding the market by now.

Initial D, nice to meet you, will we ever see you again?
 
Mar 18, 2008
2,467
0
0
#19
PROOP said:
Go go go MGS4! 600k is probable for next week, but I think it's safe to say the 700k is going to be a pretty big stretch, especially with the used copies flooding the market by now.

Initial D, nice to meet you, will we ever see you again?
Was the used copies market not as prominent in Japan in the past?
 
Jan 7, 2007
33,399
26
1,030
#21
gantz85 said:
Was the used copies market not as prominent in Japan in the past?
It has always been quite prominent. People are just trying to find any excuse they can to justify what they perceive as bad sales.
 

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Feb 26, 2005
17,582
0
0
Santa Destroy
#25
pgtl_10 said:
I think Namco undershipped Tales.
This is thrown around a lot, but really, its more often retail under-ordering than publisher under shipping. In most cases, they'd prefer to ship as many as they can damn print :lol

It's retailers not ordering a sufficient supply to meet demand in advance that causes lower print/ship rates, so blame them for not understanding the market. Stupid declining shelf space and stupid large-packaging peripherals taking up store room.
 

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Jan 9, 2006
1,734
0
0
Delaware
#26
Zefah said:
It has always been quite prominent. People are just trying to find any excuse they can to justify what they perceive as bad sales.

How is mid 600k bad sales? Thats around a 30% attatch rate. After the first week, I thought 700k was a possibility, like 40-50% chance that it would happen, now I think it is less than 10%.

Anyway, get that fucking stick out of your ass.

edit, the used copies, if counted would push it near/past the 700k mark, to further clarify.
 
Oct 14, 2006
18,101
0
1,155
#27
Rotanibor Eht said:
Awesome. Band Bros DX is doing great. This game deserves it.

Hopefully with more people picking it up, this means we'll be getting even more user created content.
Is this game as good and (more importantly) as importable as Ouendan? Because once I max out cheerleader mode in all three games, I'm going to need a new fix.
 

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
Jan 9, 2006
1,734
0
0
Delaware
#29
John Harker said:
Stupid declining shelf space and stupid large-packaging peripherals taking up store room.
Is this a jab at Wiifit? If so, :lol . My game store just cut the size of their PS3 section in half near the time Wiifit came out ;_;
 
#32
John Harker said:
This is thrown around a lot, but really, its more often retail under-ordering than publisher under shipping. In most cases, they'd prefer to ship as many as they can damn print :lol

It's retailers not ordering a sufficient supply to meet demand in advance that causes lower print/ship rates, so blame them for not understanding the market. Stupid declining shelf space and stupid large-packaging peripherals taking up store room.
Either way if it sells 90% of its shipment I cant imagine how that is a negative. It would not be the 1st time a Wii game has suffered from under-ordering (RE Umbrella Chronicles comes to mind immediately)

The question is now does it fall below 20k and keep dropping or does it get a few weeks of 15-20k and stick around with a new shipment

I still think if it breaks 200k it will be considered a good success since it was viewed as a "spin-off" and obviously sold to expectation from a retailer point of view (they placed an order and 75-90% of it sold)
 
Jan 7, 2007
33,399
26
1,030
#33
PROOP said:
How is mid 600k bad sales? Thats around a 30% attatch rate. After the first week, I thought 700k was a possibility, like 40-50% chance that it would happen, now I think it is less than 10%.

Anyway, get that fucking stick out of your ass.

edit, the used copies, if counted would push it near/past the 700k mark, to further clarify.
Notice that I said "perceived".

I think MGS4's sales are great considering the PS3's installed base. A lot of people aren't satisfied with the sales, though, and come up with excuses like used game sales to explain why the game isn't selling as much as they hoped it would.
 
Oct 21, 2006
1,077
0
0
#38
PROOP said:
Is this a jab at Wiifit? If so, :lol . My game store just cut the size of their PS3 section in half near the time Wiifit came out ;_;
If it's not it might as well be a jab at Mario Kart, nunchuks, classic controllers and all the other crap Nintendo wants us to buy to play games nowadays.
 
Sep 8, 2004
15,436
0
1,335
#42
mid-600k for MGS4 isn't so bad. World-Wide it's going to probably do around 4 million (from what I think..600k japan, 1.5 in europe and 1.5 in US to be for sure...I'm sure another 400k split between europe and US) which is pretty good.
 
Oct 14, 2006
18,101
0
1,155
#43
AAK said:
I was honestly expecting MGS4 to reach at least a million within the first month.

Japan absolutely abhors next gen.
It doesn't you know. It just really, really likes the Wii. Thing is that Japan is very polarised when it comes to products. Once something is embedded into the popular consciousness, it will not be shaken until something new comes along.

Also, your expectations were unrealistic. It would have helped to have looked up numbers for the top selling games on the PS3 so far and you'd see that 600K on a system with that sort of userbase is quite respectable.
 
May 11, 2006
1,524
0
0
www.twitch.tv
#44
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Is this game as good and (more importantly) as importable as Ouendan? Because once I max out cheerleader mode in all three games, I'm going to need a new fix.
Honestly I think I like Ouendan 2 a bit more as a game, but not by TOO much. This is at least better than the first Ouendan, but I wouldn't say its better than 2.

Import friendless kinda varies. Like the core game isn't bad at all. Its just clicking around menus until you know what does what. The main problem for those that don't know any Japanese, would be when it comes to downloading more songs. They're all in Katakana and Hiragana so you won't know what it is you're looking at. BUT there is previews of the songs you can listen to that may help you out. That can be somewhat time consuming as already there are the 200 songs Nintendo uploaded and about 400 user uploaded songs.

If you're looking for a specific song, there is a search function, and you can just ask someone online what characters you need to enter to find the song. Also some people seem to be translating and putting up lists of every new song. At least some dude on GameFAQs has been doing that.
 
Jun 18, 2005
12,707
0
0
46
Las Vegas
#46
viciouskillersquirrel said:
Is this game as good and (more importantly) as importable as Ouendan? Because once I max out cheerleader mode in all three games, I'm going to need a new fix.
I'd say it's much better than Ouendan, but the truth is, they're not all that similar. Ouendan is really shallow--tap tap tap along with the music--but the presentation is really cool, what with the little stories and such. Band Bros is a very deep, difficult game that doesn't require the touch screen at all, but the presentation is as boring as it gets.

That aside, the answer to your other question is, yes, it's pretty importable. You just have to memorize your way around the Kanji menus. The songs and instruments are in kana, mostly Katakana, so if you can sound out Katakana, you're set. If not, you can pretty well go by sound. My friend and I run a site with a Band Bros section. The new DX section will be up in the next few days. Here's what's there so far (just a mock up of the first couple of menu screens):

http://www.gameswelike.com/games/BBDX/menu_sim/titlemenu.htm
 
Jan 10, 2005
2,419
0
0
#48
The way I see it, ToS2 is actually a decent showcase on how 3rd party Wii games are slowly improving sales wise over the course of time. It's not much but 3rd party Wii games in Japan are in general getting better numbers with debuts as the userbase increases. Sure, that's a given but it's nice to see at least. I do expect the game to get some decent numbers over the course of time however. I do think its launch had an affect on Wii hardware sales over the past two weeks.

Like, I see it selling through 200,000 in July. It'll rank up there with Dragon Quest Swords as the best selling Wii 3rd party game at this point.