• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

apujanata

Sharp said:
I'm sure he didn't order it because he doesn't stock PS3 games. He only had one PS3 ever, remember?

I think you are right, but there could be other reasons. It is nice to be 100% sure by asking the person :)

Snaku said:
Japan will sink under the weight of all those DS Lites and DQIX carts!

Just imagine what will happen if PS3 managed to 150K / week in Japan (since PS3 is much heavier compared to DSL+DQIX carts)

Vinnk

Kaeru said:
Thanks Vink, I find more pleasure in reading your reports then anything else in this thread. I demand an offical Vink-thread!!

*Blush* Thanks, but really I have no idea what a "Vinnk-thread" would be about.

moku said:
Hey vinnk, if it's not to much trouble, I would like some description of the stores, and mood of the owners, and people you see in there. Kind of like a "People seemed really exited about such, and such.."

I love your reports, and you could also include some other things about your trips, to make them seem more personal.

I know that may sound odd, but your report, while fantastic could use a little "personality".

If you can that would be great. Regardless, awesome as always.

Really? I guess I just didn't want to get too far off topic. Sale age is "Serious Business". But I used to do a segment for 4cr called "Rebel in Japan" and every week I would just tell stories and stuff about Japan. Sadly when the podcast died, so did the segment.

apujanata said:
Can you ask Hiro why the shop did not order it ? The reason should be very interesting.

Because he has had very bad luck with the PS3 games he ordered in the past. As I said he was super excited to have a PS3 at launch and he had most of the launch titles.

Most of those games are still there. Unsold. Losing money.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Vinnk said:
Because he has had very bad luck with the PS3 games he ordered in the past. As I said he was super excited to have a PS3 at launch and he had most of the launch titles.

Most of those games are still there. Unsold. Losing money.

congrats!

I find that odd, is that due to that point/card system you've mentioned before?

How does it work, accumulate points based on what you spend and then use those points to purchase more items?

Wii-za

Stumpokapow said:
this one? (I'll do another set of updates for all the charts I've done next week)
mario_history.png

THANKS!!!

Mmm...so NSMB IS the 2nd best-selling Mario game after all...I think I will reword the table...

ethelred

jj984jj said:
I hope ASH doesn't get buried under DQIX and ToI, though being a Nintendo title ToI might be the one getting buried.

I doubt ASH'll get burried. Why, it may even be Mistwalker's best-selling game of his big three!

jrricky

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
DS vs PSP: Weekly shares of 82.4 / 17.6, bringing the total shares to 76.3 / 23.7. If DS stopped selling and PSP continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 385.9 weeks (December 14, 2014).

PS3 vs Wii: Weekly shares of 12.3 / 87.7, bringing the total shares to 23.9 / 76.1. If Wii stopped selling and PS3 continued at this week's rate, it would catch up in 177.0 weeks (December 13, 2010).

Its amazing (albeit, kind of scary) how the shares between the PSP VS DS and WII VS PS3 are similar. :O

Wii-za

Things to look for at MC threads during 2007
+Nintendo Top 30
+PS3 game in the Top 30
+PS3 keeping +10,000 sales
+X360 selling more than the PS3
+Wii Sports reaching 3M
+DS surpassing PS2 LTD
+Wii surpassing GC LTD
+Phantom Hourglass becoming the best selling Zelda game ever
+Pokemon D/P > Pokemon R/S
+PSP 3rd million seller (FF7:CC?)
+DQ9 debut (Best launch for a 3rd party game on handheld?)
+DS 2007 passing DS 2006 for the single-year single-system record
+Combined Nintendo hardware sales passing 10 million YTD
+Xbox 360 surpassing Xbox LTD

Anything else guys?

KINGMOKU

norinrad21 said:
Troublesome years ahead for sony, Nothing could save the Ps3 now, not even that golf game
I cant remember what the price for the PS3 is in Japan, but I am adament that alot of the PS3's problems could be solved by a big-time price-cut.

I know the possibility of such a cut occuring is minimal(Cut to 299$ one version) but the thing would start flying off of shelves before it's to late.

noonche

moku said:
This is something that I just cannot understand. There is ONE PSP game in the top 50, at #44.

That's a great amount of hardware, but crapola on software. I wonder if Sony execs are as puzzled as I am?

Maybe. Sony's 1st quarter results said they sold nearly 10 million units of software for the PSP. Maybe a lot of games sell a small number of copies? Not really sure.

Hey Vinnk, I'd be curious about the number/price of used systems in your area. DS, Wii, PS3, PSP, PS2, and 360. Last time I was in Japan used PSPs/PS2s etc where about the same price as new ones.

Sharp

moku said:
I cant remember what the price for the PS3 is in Japan, but I am adament that alot of the PS3's problems could be solved by a big-time price-cut.

I know the possibility of such a cut occuring is minimal(Cut to 299$ one version) but the thing would start flying off of shelves before it's to late.
The PS3 is (relatively) cheap in Japan. Not $299 cheap, but cheaper than it is in any other country, even after the pricedrops. Retailers also apparently sell them below the markup value. I think mainstream Japan is just genuinely uninterested in PS3-style, high definition gaming these days.

alske said:
Maybe. Sony's 1st quarter results said they sold nearly 10 million units of software for the PSP. Maybe a lot of games sell a small number of copies? Not really sure.
The quarter results use "shipped to retailers" figures, which is slightly more accurate than the old "production shipments" but is still not particularly close to sellthrough.

KINGMOKU

Sharp said:
The PS3 is (relatively) cheap in Japan. Not $299 cheap, but cheaper than it is in any other country, even after the pricedrops. Retailers also apparently sell them below the markup value. I think mainstream Japan is just genuinely uninterested in PS3-style, high definition gaming these days.
I cant, and wont accept that.

I understand that Nintendo has struck a chord with the Wii, in terms of refreshing things, and drawing in new players, but there would be a HELL of alot more PS3's bieng sold every week had it launched at a sane price-point.

jrricky said:
Its amazing (albeit, kind of scary) how the shares between the PSP VS DS and WII VS PS3 are similar. :O
Yeah. I think Wii will shortly have a higher share against PS3 than DS does against PSP. I could probably name a week, except for the unknown of how much Minna no Golf will affect PS3 sales in the immediate future.
Wii-za said:
Anything else guys?
DS 2007 passing DS 2006 for the single-year single-system record
Combined Nintendo hardware sales passing 10 million YTD
Xbox 360 surpassing Xbox LTD

apujanata

moku said:
I cant, and wont accept that.

I understand that Nintendo has struck a chord with the Wii, in terms of refreshing things, and drawing in new players, but there would be a HELL of alot more PS3's bieng sold every week had it launched at a sane price-point.

Well, I know that if PS3 was released at US$ 300 price point, I would have bought it, instead of buying a SECOND Wii. (and right now, I am thinking of buying a Third Wii, the Japanese version one).

Innotech

Banned
moku said:

Im not sure it even offers the kind of software that keeps a console selling in Japan anymore.
Its also quite a huge power hungry system and therse sorts of things are completely against what the Japanese like. they like compact, efficient things as evidenced by DS/Wii sales. But assuming a very good price drop it might spark sales when FF13 comes around but really, what else does the system offer to its home market?

Tf53

LanceStern said:
After today shows a 6th Consecutive week of PS3 hardware increases, expect Seven weeks, with a very big boost to hardware (At least over 20k) for the PS3

Code:
5. PS3   -    12,187 |    13,493 |   531,302 |    988,860

Aww... ain't that cute.

Wii-za

JoshuaJSlone said:
Feel free.

Thanks!!! :D

So here is the updated chart...

Things to look for at MC threads during 2007
+Nintendo Top 30
+PS3 game in the Top 30
+PS3 keeping +10,000 sales
+X360 selling more than the PS3
+Wii Sports reaching 3M
+DS surpassing PS2 LTD
+Wii surpassing GC LTD
+Phantom Hourglass becoming the best selling Zelda game ever
+Pokemon D/P > Pokemon R/S
+PSP 3rd million seller (FF7:CC?)
+DQ9 debut (Best launch for a 3rd party game on handheld?)
+DS 2007 passing DS 2006 for the single-year single-system record
+Combined Nintendo hardware sales passing 10 million YTD
+Xbox 360 surpassing Xbox LTD

Mmmmmm...I will try to make some chart for the bolded ones...I think those are the only ones that are chartable (is that even a word?)...

Ok..maybe tomorrow morning...I'm gonna go an....Zzzzzzz......

Innotech said:
Im not sure it even offers the kind of software that keeps a console selling in Japan anymore.
Its also quite a huge power hungry system and therse sorts of things are completely against what the Japanese like. they like compact, efficient things as evidenced by DS/Wii sales. But assuming a very good price drop it might spark sales when FF13 comes around but really, what else does the system offer to its home market?

Wait for PS3L.

apujanata

Tf53 said:
Code:
5. PS3   -    12,187 |    13,493 |   531,302 |    988,860

Aww... ain't that cute.

Lancestern is famous for his haste (and lots of errors) in posting things. I think this is one of those occasion in which he (again) post something that is not true.

Verve

Cheesemeister said:
It'd be so lite it wouldn't even exist.

and still people would buy everything nintendo ships (or not ships in this case).
the hardware in non-existant hardware is not worth what nintendo charges! screwing people for nothing!

Verve

Innotech said:
:lol possibly.
but if it goes down to 199 or less the Wii will be selling up there with DS. It doesnt really need a lite version.

i don't even want it more lite. is it even possible in a noticeable scale?

where to put the GC ports (conrollers, memory cards)?
you can't make it smaller than a dvd, obviously.
i don't want my console to be smaller than its power brick :lol
if there weren't cables, i would lose it anywhere in my room if it was even smaller!

PSP 32,894
PS2 14,059
PS3 12,187
Xbox360 2,664
GBM 315
GC 131
GBASP 122
DS 45
GBA 24

Wow, just wow.

As you can clearly see, the PS Family is soundly defeating its competitors. The Xbox 360, which is pulling in respectable numbers in the thousands, is nevertheless being outsold at a remarkable pace of 6:1 by the PS3, which is doing fine with the PS2 legacy sales at 14k and the PSP is going strong by surging north of 30k in the summer months.

As can be plainly seen, the PS Family of products is defeating Nintendo's vaunted handheld line, including the formidable DS, who's sales have dropped to a pittance not worth mentioning. Nintendo's console sales, which have been nothing remarkable in the past decade, continue their familiar trend.

Truly, these are the end times for Nintendo.

Furthermore, we are happy to announce that a PS2 game has taken the top slot in sales this week, showing that the PS Family is a thriving spot for software companies.

Jammy

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Wow, just wow.

As you can clearly see, the PS Family is soundly defeating its competitors. The Xbox 360, which is pulling in respectable numbers in the thousands, is nevertheless being outsold at a remarkable pace of 6:1 by the PS3, which is doing fine with the PS2 legacy sales at 14k and the PSP is going strong by surging north of 30k in the summer months.

As can be plainly seen, the PS Family of products is defeating Nintendo's vaunted handheld line, including the formidable DS, who's sales have dropped to a pittance not worth mentioning. Nintendo's console sales, which have been nothing remarkable in the past decade, continue their familiar trend.

Furthermore, we are happy to announce that a PS2 game has taken the top slot in sales this week, showing that the PS Family is a thriving spot for software companies.

Sounds like I'm at GFAQS.

Defuser

FlightOfHeaven said:
Wow, just wow.

We don't need another Gahgiddy

Top Bottom