• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Innotech

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Wow, just wow.

As you can clearly see, the PS Family is soundly defeating its competitors. The Xbox 360, which is pulling in respectable numbers in the thousands, is nevertheless being outsold at a remarkable pace of 6:1 by the PS3, which is doing fine with the PS2 legacy sales at 14k and the PSP is going strong by surging north of 30k in the summer months.

As can be plainly seen, the PS Family of products is defeating Nintendo's vaunted handheld line, including the formidable DS, who's sales have dropped to a pittance not worth mentioning. Nintendo's console sales, which have been nothing remarkable in the past decade, continue their familiar trend.

Truly, these are the end times for Nintendo.

Furthermore, we are happy to announce that a PS2 game has taken the top slot in sales this week, showing that the PS Family is a thriving spot for software companies.
Jack Tretton? Is that you?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Xbox360 2,664
GBM 315
GC 131
GBASP 122
DS 45
GBA 24

We see by these incredible numbers is that the Xbox 360 is managing to outsell ALL of Nintendo's other hardware combined in Japan by a ratio of almost 5:1 and is outselling its closest competitor, the GBM, by almost 10X. Who ever thought Nintendo would be reduced to this lamentable position?

Slurpy said:
We see by these incredible numbers is that the Xbox 360 is managing to outsell ALL of Nintendo's other hardware combined in Japan by a ratio of almost 5:1 and is outselling its closest competitor, the GBM, by almost 10X. Who ever thought Nintendo would be reduced to this lamentable position?
:lol well done sir, well done. :lol

Innotech said:
Jack Tretton? Is that you?

4qgu34o.png
He probably got lost while looking for this.

Slurpy, while I can tell that you are a rabid Xboxtocon and I am an unbiased Sony fan, I have to agree with you about the dire situation Nintendo is in.

I hear Peter Moore wanted Mario on the Box. I'd say Nintendo should leap at the chance, the 3shitty needs all the diversity it can get, and Nintendo's old mascot needs exposure.

The PS3 already has diversity and doesn't need childish things like Italian plumbers.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
FlightOfHeaven said:
Slurpy, while I can tell that you are a rabid Xboxtocon and I am an unbiased Sony fan, I have to agree with you about the dire situation Nintendo is in.

I hear Peter Moore wanted Mario on the Box. I'd say Nintendo should leap at the chance, the 3shitty needs all the diversity it can get, and Nintendo's old mascot needs exposure.

The PS3 already has diversity and doesn't need childish things like Italian plumbers.

:lol

Innotech

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:

why did they cancel Ratchet and Clank? :/

Lobster

Banned
Great Sales for PSP, DS and Wii. Wii propably dropped because they help shipments for MP8 and Gundam. PSP just keeps staying at the 30,000 mark..its been like this for 4 weeks now? DS is just a monster.

Were first day sales released? Sorry if they were cause I can't look through the whole thread :(

apujanata said:
Lancestern is famous for his haste (and lots of errors) in posting things. I think this is one of those occasion in which he (again) post something that is not true.

What did I do apujanata? That's not even my numbers. :(
Anyways

DSQ3PNG-1.png

Results/Analysis
> The Nintendo DS has beaten both it's Q2 2006 and Q2 2005 YTD by ~ 100k and 2.5 million respectably
- The DSs 2007 YTD by Week 22 is just shy of 130,000 units. It is guaranteed to beat it's 06 (Wk. 26) YTD AT LEAST two weeks earlier by Week 24
> For the Nintendo DS to beat it's Q3 2006 YTD (5,790,402), it would have to sell an average of 139,000 units each week for the next 10 weeks
- The DS, before the release of new colors was averaging 105k - 120k each week, meaning for the first time this year, the DS may not beat its 2006 YTD
- Some key releases and perhaps a price drop however, may just propel it WELL above 140,000, which could drastically lower the average it needs to beat Q3 2007
- Thanks to today's hardware numbers revealing 154,000... the average has dropped from 140k per week last week, to 138k this week. If DS can keep this up, it'll be in good shape.
> The Nintendo DS in Q3 2006 (Week 27 - Week 39) sold 2.24 million units; For the DS in Q3 2007 to beat it, it would have to sell an average of 179,000 units each week for 11 weeks
- That might just be impossible at the DS's current level. But it's so close considering how absolutely insane DS 2006 was selling.

apujanata

LanceStern said:
What did I do apujanata? That's not even my numbers. :(
Anyways

It is not the sales number that is the problem. It is your message that PS3 has enjoyed their sixth continuous weekly increase, while in fact PS3 decreased this week (which made your statement not true). I wished you were aware of it, and I do not have to point it out to you.

Lancestern said:
After today shows a 6th Consecutive week of PS3 hardware increases, expect Seven weeks, with a very big boost to hardware (At least over 20k) for the PS3

apujanata said:
It is not the sales number that is the problem. It is your message that PS3 has enjoyed their sixth continuous weekly increase, while in fact PS3 decreased this week (which made your statement not true). I wished you were aware of it, and I do not have to point it out to you.

LanceStern said:
After today shows a 6th Consecutive week of PS3 hardware increases, expect Seven weeks, with a very big boost to hardware (At least over 20k) for the PS3

It was a confident prediction, not a fact. False (not true) and wrong are two diferent things in this context. One is lying and fabricating, and one is just not knowing or predicting wrong.

Please don't label me as a liar

Terrell

FlightOfHeaven said:

I dunno what's worse... someone genuinely being some sort of Monojoro clone, or someone who strives to pretend to be some sort of Monojoro clone.

apujanata

LanceStern said:
It was a confident prediction, not a fact. False and wrong are two diferent things in this context. One is lying, and one is just not knowing

Well, I did not really pay any attention to whether you post it BEFORE hardware data release, or AFTER, but I noticed this : "After today", which is quite different from "IF today". If you used "IF today", then I know it is prediction. Since you used "After today", I thought it is conclusion (after getting this week H/W sales data).

I am not implying or saying that you are a liar, just as someone who are often wrong (proven incorrect).

Lobster

Banned
Terrell said:
I dunno what's worse... someone genuinely being some sort of Monojoro clone, or someone who strives to pretend to be some sort of Monojoro clone.

Who is Monojoro and how do you become a clone of him? Damn even I was called Monojoro :S

apujanata said:
Well, I did not really pay any attention to whether you post it BEFORE hardware data release, or AFTER, but I noticed this : "After today", which is quite different from "IF today". If you used "IF today", then I know it is prediction. Since you used "After today", I thought it is conclusion (after getting this week H/W sales data).

I am not implying or saying that you are a liar, just as someone who are often wrong (proven incorrect).

Well I can't completely blame you. Maybe I should have said "After today will show" or "When it shows today that". I didn't want any "IFs" in tere with doubt. My apologies

Tf53

LanceStern said:
Well I can't completely blame you. Maybe I should have said "After today will show" or "When it shows today that". I didn't want any "IFs" in tere with doubt. My apologies
Here's a suggestion. Unless you know for a fact that something is true, it's okay to use if. It makes you look less like an ass.

Terrell

Lobster said:
Who is Monojoro and how do you become a clone of him? Damn even I was called Monojoro :S
Remember Zoolander and
when Derek was programmed by Mugatu to assassinate the Malaysian prime minister? (yeah, I know, who HASN'T seen this movie, right? Oh well, spoiler tags anyways, just in case)
Imagine instead that someone who has the same intellectual level as Derek Zoolander was psychologically programmed to deify Sony and vilify its competitors, and that his trigger was a GAF sales thread.

THAT is Monojoro.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
apujanata said:

Console sales are really hard to predict, if you take the time to make a prediction, it's probably going to be wrong. You can't fault someone for that.

Also, most people expected the PS3 to rise again this week in anticipation of HSG (which is why I thought it was up the last few weeks), so Lance assuming that it would, is not really a big deal.

LanceStern said:

My apologies? Really? Think about it, are you really sorry? Did you do anything wrong? You posted that before the numbers came out, no shit it was just what you thought would happen. Not your fault that apunjata couldn't figure that out. He's hating on you for no reason, and you're apologizing. Man up, son.

Edit:
Tf53 said:
Here's a suggestion. Unless you know for a fact that something is true, it's okay to use if. It makes you look less like an ass.

I really don't see what the big deal is. If he posted it before the numbers came out, it's obviously a prediction. Why did no one mention this in between his post and the numbers coming out? Probably because we all expected the same.

Lobster

Banned
Terrell said:
Remember Zoolander and
when Derek was programmed by Mugatu to assassinate the Malaysian prime minister? (yeah, I know, who HASN'T seen this movie, right? Oh well, spoiler tags anyways, just in case)
Imagine instead that someone who has the same intellectual level as Derek Zoolander was psychologically programmed to deify Sony and vilify its competitors, and that his trigger was a GAF sales thread.

THAT is Monojoro.

Lol so basically Mugatu is the sales and Zoolander is any one of us or Monojoro.

Tf53

All Hail C-Webb said:
I really don't see what the big deal is. If he posted it before the numbers came out, it's obviously a prediction. Why did no one mention this in between his post and the numbers coming out? Probably because we all expected the same.
If you come out with "facts" all cocky (notice, he didn't want to use IFs) and use that to promote your own "trends" and "analysis", you're begging for someone to rub it in. When in doubt, don't act like you aren't.

LanceStern said:
Now tsf5 or whatever the name is with the ridiculous avatar, I appreciate your defense All Hail C-Webb. Yes it was a prediction.
Ouch. Best. Comeback. Ever.

All Hail C-Webb said:
My apologies? Really? Think about it, are you really sorry? Did you do anything wrong? You posted that before the numbers came out, no shit it was just what you thought would happen. Not your fault that apunjata couldn't figure that out. He's hating on you for no reason, and you're apologizing. Man up, son.

Edit:

While apujanatas initial comment on my prediction had a harsher tone than how he used to talk to me, he is still one of the nicer ones on here (at least to me personally). Yes I am sorry, because I don't want a misunderstanding. I will be more careful with my words next time.

EDIT: I'm sorry, Ridiculous is an unneccessay adjective. tsf5 or whatever your name is with the unique, suggestive avatar...

Tf53 said:
If you come out with "facts" all cocky (notice, he didn't want to use IFs) and use that to promote your own "trends" and "analysis", you're begging for someone to rub it in. When in doubt, don't act like you aren't.

Wait and how is that any different than the users saying, without IFs I might add:

+ Zelda PH will sell a million guaranteed by summers end
+ Wii will continue to thrash PS3 for the rest of the year.
+ Dewy's Adventure is going to bomb

While most are true (though I think Zelda PH will be 1 million by years end, not summer's end. it looks like it might hit a small limit at 800-850k) or can be assumed by just trends and analysis, the spirit of prediction is not the same of mine, but can be worse in where there is no ifs, but also if you disagree you're wrong.

hm?

Ouch. Best. Comeback. Ever.

And I'm sorry, but if you can come at me with a "suggestion" riddled with sarcasm and unnecessary insults, you can get a response in the same vein.

legend166 said:
The only thing worse than LanceStern is the LanceStern defence force.

I wasn't aware I EVER had people that would defend me haha...

And bear with me my Media Create gaming pals. God willing, I'm working on becoming a more peaceful fellow. I'll get through a thread without anything said to provoke responses.

Problem is, the thread CAN be boring without some sort of fun going on. Fun I mean big debate that falls into an argument and funny jpegs.

Tf53

LanceStern said:
And I'm sorry, but if you can come at me with a "suggestion" riddled with sarcasm and unnecessary insults, you can get a response in the same vein.
At least put some effort in it. I would understand it if my name was titiklabingapat (I'm sorry if I misspelled that, I'm going by memory), but how hard is it to spell Tf53? If you can't muster up the strength to do so, fine.

I may have judged your post by your past, if you feel I have wronged you in doing so, my bad. A little humility and a pinch of hedging won't hurt, you know. It might seem to you that they undermine the argument, but in fact they only strengthen it by acknowledging the element of uncertainty.

rakka said:
Best. Av. Ever
Thanks. I'm sure Lance agrees. ;)

Tf53 said:
At least put some effort in it. I would understand it if my name was titiklabingapat (I'm sorry if I misspelled that, I'm going by memory), but how hard is it to spell Tf53? If you can't muster up the strength to do so, fine.

Well I've been doing it for about 5 years. As apujanata points out, I like fast responses. So I saw you responded and got a brief glimpse of your name, so by memory I got "TSF" but forgot the last part. It's not just you, I'm bad with SNs

I may have judged your post by your past, if you feel I have wronged you in doing so, my bad. A little humility and a pinch of hedging won't hurt, you know. It might seem to you that they undermine the argument, but in fact they only strengthen it by acknowledging the element of uncertainty.

Thanks. I'm sure Lance agrees. ;)

Sometimes it's best to not be uncertain. You have not because you ask with doubt. But yes, humility is better.

I think I saw a different version of your avatar. They actually splattered stuff on the screen >_>

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
LanceStern said:
It was a confident prediction, not a fact. False (not true) and wrong are two diferent things in this context. One is lying and fabricating, and one is just not knowing or predicting wrong.

LanceStern said:
Well I've been doing it for about 5 years. As apujanata points out, I like fast responses. So I saw you responded and got a brief glimpse of your name, so by memory I got "TSF" but forgot the last part. It's not just you, I'm bad with SNs

Sometimes it's best to not be uncertain. You have not because you ask with doubt. But yes, humility is better.

I think I saw a different version of your avatar. They actually splattered stuff on the screen >_>
Please, stop posting in MC threads.

Terrell said:
Remember Zoolander and

THAT is Monojoro.

:lol

Frillen said:
New numbers up:

DSL 154,459
Wii 86,786
PSP 32,894
PS2 14,059
PS3 12,187
Xbox360 2,664
GBM 315
GC 131
GBASP 122
DS 45
GBA 24

What surprises me is that DSL seems to not reach a saturation point. There is even no sign of that. Since how many weeks is the DS selling over 100k ?

moku said:
This is something that I just cannot understand. There is ONE PSP game in the top 50, at #44.

That's a great amount of hardware, but crapola on software. I wonder if Sony execs are as puzzled as I am?

Well, I see it as the most profitable Playstation system for Sony right now. Decent userbase, and great potential, as Capcom showed with Monster Hunter. Simply Sony should shift a little bit their resources to the PSP, because now the 95% is concentrated on the PS3. This 5% is God of War PSP.

milanbaros

Member?
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Well, I see it as the most profitable Playstation system for Sony right now. Decent userbase, and great potential, as Capcom showed with Monster Hunter. Simply Sony should shift a little bit their resources to the PSP, because now the 95% is concentrated on the PS3. This 5% is God of War PSP.

I see the PS2 as the most profitable system for Sony right now.

Q1 FY2008

Hardware

PS2 - 2.7m
PSP - 2.14m

Software

PS2 - 31.1m
PSP - 9.9m

ki/oon

First day numbers :

-Mario Party 8 and MnGolf 5 both sell over 100K.
-MP8 numbers are 3 times higher than MP7 first day numbers.
-MnGolf 5 numbers are about half the MnGolf 4 first day numbers.
-"Beginner's pack" (Mng 5 + PS3) hasn't sold much.
-Oblivion (XBox 360) : 35K (better than Trusty Bell's 30K)
-Taiko no Tatsujin DS : 50K (some places are sold out already, new shipment only end of august)
-Gundam MS 0079 Wii : 30K
-Metal Gear anniversary box : 15K
-GTA Liberty City Stories : 20K

Cruceh

Banned
ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

-Taiko no Tatsujin DS : 50K (some places are sold out already, new shipment only end of august)
source or predictions? should make that stuff clear

ki/oon

I wouldn't write things like "some places are sold out already, new shipment only end of august" if it was predictions:)
Those are real numbers, source is Shinobi.

Both Gundam and GTALCS shipments are 100k btw.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Predictions

First Day
Wii Mario Party 8 - 100k
PS3 Minna no Golf 5 - 85k
NDS Taiko no Tatsujin DS - 50k
NDS Subarashi Kono Sekai - 30k
Wii Gundam 0079 - 30k
PSP Grand Theft Auto LCS - 30k
Wii Dewy's Adventure - 10k
No Dewy data, IaWW releases today and I missed Oblivion :/
But hey, quite good, just missed Mingol5 and GTA LCS by little.

apujanata

ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

IF first day = first week in both MP8 and MNG5 cases :
MP7 first week is 81,626, so 3 times that is around 240 (for first week sales).
MNG4 first week is 475,269, so half of that is around 240 (for first week sales).

IF first week = first day (in proportion) for both MP7 and MNG4, then MP8 and MNG5 will have a very close sales #.

Poor Beginners Pack. And wow at Taiko no Tatsujin DS. Should have more first week shipment. Poor Gundam MS 0079, killed by golf games and party games.

Tf53

apujanata said:
IF first day = first week in both MP8 and MNG5 cases :
MP7 first week is 81,626, so 3 times that is around 240 (for first week sales).
MNG4 first week is 475,269, so half of that is around 240 (for first week sales).

IF first week = first day (in proportion) for both MP7 and MNG4, then MP8 and MNG5 will have a very close sales #.

Poor Beginners Pack. And wow at Taiko no Tatsujin DS. Should have more first week shipment. Poor Gundam MS 0079, killed by golf games and party games.
I think MnG5 will be way more front loaded than MnG4. Userbase and all that.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
legend166 said:
The only thing worse than LanceStern is the LanceStern defence force.

I wasn't aware such a movement existed until today :lol

Seriously though, LanceStern, you are presenting your predictions as fact, which not only look silly when they are shown to be wrong, but shows that you are more than willing to mislead people, either make your predictions clearer or just comment on facts, please.

Also, awesome DS & Wii numbers, no real releases for DS and it still sells 150k, and Wii is still storming through all of its shipements, good stuff.

Also Minna No Golf heading for well over 250k first week, impressive stuff, 50k+ PS3 sales confirmed?

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Mithos Yggdrasill said:
What surprises me is that DSL seems to not reach a saturation point. There is even no sign of that. Since how many weeks is the DS selling over 100k ?

16 weeks.

In the last 73 weeks, the DS has only sold less than 100,000 units on 4 occasions.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

WTF? End of August?

Nice sales for MP8, it will be another million seller for the Wii.
Also Oblivion did very well considering it's on a dead console.

Haunted

ki/oon said:
First day numbers :

Mario Party triples sales while MnGolf sales are halved?

****ing uh oh for the PS3.

I wonder if Mario Party 8 will be the best-selling MP game so far.

Top Bottom