• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 7/16 - 7/22

Gozan

FortunateSon said:
-I think Ps3 is doing good in Japan and later on when the games come out and it gets cheaper, we will see what happens then...

-Lastly, I just don't understand how the Ps3 is shun that badly in Japan. I don't understand that.

A70-4555.jpg

Gozan

FortunateSon said:
It's none of them.

Almost a generation ahead of Nintendo's machine graphically, costs over twice as much as Nintendo's machine, only sells in Europe, company run by twits... I'm telling you, PS3 = Amiga!

jarrod

Banned
I'll do first week...

Wii
-Mario Party 8 ~238k
-Gundam MS Sensen 0079 ~79k
-Puyo Puyo! ~26k
-Dewy's Adventure ~22k
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core ~18k

PlayStation 3
-Minna no Golf 5 ~161k
-Wangan Midnight ~19k

Nintendo DS
-Taiko no Tatsujin DS ~87k
-Subarashiki Kono Sekai ~68k

PSP
-GTA Liberty City Stories ~33k
-SaruSaru Daisakusen ~21k

Xbox 360
-Oblivion ~31k (srsly!)

ethelred said:
You are all terrible people. Square Enix is never going to make a new franchise again, and it's all your fault.

Eh, they might have been the pinky finger that tipped it over the edge, but SE dragged themselves up the cliff in the first place.

ethelred said:
You are all terrible people. Square Enix is never going to make a new franchise again, and it's all your fault.

How is it a new franchise?
The characters look like kingdom Hearts, actually, the female main character looks exactly like Kairi.

And have you seen a video of this game? There´s no reason why this couldnt be done on GBA.

jarrod said:
Too much work/Etrian Odyssey really takes a bite outta my NeoGAF time. :lol

I'm red because I'm bad.
Ok. This is weird. 15 minutes ago I looked at your post history, and saw just great and saw great and sparse open wastelands between here and the post your pictures now thread in january. Now that seems to have all been filled out with plenty of posts. 1000 in the last two months. Did the mods make all your posts invisible, am I hallucinating, or am I in the twilight zone?

I guess they could have tagged your account for post approval, and then just not approved anything for a very long time too.

I'm not certain about jarrod's red flag either. Too much EO love in here. I need to get back to my Kirby's Dream Course.

Anyways, can't wait for tonight.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MasterMFauli said:
How is it a new franchise?
The characters look like kingdom Hearts, actually, the female main character looks exactly like Kairi.

I guess it was too much for you to ask to spend fifteen seconds to look up the concept of the game before you wandered in here. At least you didn't finish your sentence with "exactly like Kairi... BTW If you haven't posted in my 'I want tits in video games' thread you should!"

And have you seen a video of this game? There´s no reason why this couldnt be done on GBA.

Yeah except for the fact that you control two screens/characters at once during battle; one with the D-Pad and one with the stylus...

Sorry (not), but on NDs i expect a certain minimum level of visuals. There is GBA-2D, and there is NDS-2D.
It´s a wonderful world is GBA-2D.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MasterMFauli said:
Sorry (not), but on NDs i expect a certain minimum level of visuals. There is GBA-2D, and there is NDS-2D.

I couldn't decide which reply I wanted to use:

Reply #1
Sorry (not), but on GAf i expect a certain minimum level of visuals.
There is GAF-Posting, and there is GFAQS-Posting.
MasterMFauli is GFAQS-Posting.

Reply #2
MasterMFauli
http://www.rif.org
(Today, 12:02 PM)

MasterMFauli said:
Live with it, IAWW´s visuals are not appealing to me in the slightest.

That doesn't change the fact that the rest of your claims (that this isn't a new franchise and that this could be done on the GBA) are completely asinine.

Verve said:
@Cheesemeister:

I don't know if it has to do with the different source for sales data in the last MC threads or if I just didn't notice the reason mentioned in the last threads, but...

can we have the upcoming titles for the next week list back? I miss it :/

it was always nice to see someone posting some strange predictions, look at the list of upcoming titles and think "see you next week again, same MC channel, same MC time!" :D

Yes, this is on my list of things to do. It simply had to be put on hold due to the transition from "eg" to Gpara. I might have time to re-implement this feature over the weekend.

MasterMFauli said:

As much as I hate Nomura...

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to sprites. Please stop.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
MasterMFauli said:
Live with it

I live very comfortably with the fact that you incorrectly claimed that the game is not a sufficiently "new" IP (when it is), or that the game could be done on the GBA (when the CORE GAMEPLAY MECHANIC requires the DS).

lyre

Pureauthor said:
That doesn't change the fact that the rest of your claims (that this isn't a new franchise and that this could be done on the GBA) are completely asinine.
At least it's not another 'RE5 should be on the Wii, right ... right?' post.

Dragona Akehi said:
As much as I hate Nomura...

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when it comes to sprites. Please stop.

I dont like the visuals of this game. And i stopped "it" with my last posting, thank your for brining this "discussion" up again :)
I just played Kirbys Squeak Squad and found its dynamiac sprites much more appealing.

@topic: when can we expect the numbers?

Stumpokapow said:
I live very comfortably with the fact that you incorrectly claimed that the game is not a sufficiently "new" IP (when it is), or that the game could be done on the GBA (when the CORE GAMEPLAY MECHANIC requires the DS).

*sigh*
Show me where i wrote that the gameplay could be done on GBA.
I was talking about the visuals all the time.
And of course it´s a new IP, but the characters look a lot like KH, nothign wrong with that.

MasterMFauli said:
I dont like the visuals of this game. And i stopped "it" with my last posting, thank your for brining this "discussion" up again :)
I just played Kirbys Squeak Squad and found its dynamiac sprites much more appealing.

Not liking the visuals and claiming it can be done on GBA are two entirely different things. I hate Nomura and his "art", but there is some amazing spritework being done on the game that would choke GBA easily.

Dragona Akehi said:
Not liking the visuals and claiming it can be done on GBA are two entirely different things. I hate Nomura and his "art", but there is some amazing spritework being done on the game that would choke GBA easily.

The last bit of the game i saw could be done on GBA.
Maybe the game has improved since then, then it´s alright.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
MasterMFauli said:

EDIT: Didn't realise you were on about first day sales numbers. In which case, usually on the weekend or Monday, but rarely before the hardware numbers.

MasterMFauli said:
The last bit of the game i saw could be done on GBA.
Maybe the game has improved since then, then it´s alright.

No, no it couldn't. The size, animation frames and number of sprites are too much for GBA.

Christ.

lyre

Dragona Akehi said:
No, no it couldn't. The size, animation frames and number of sprites are too much for GBA.

Christ.
Not to mention the colour usage ....

Anyone got that screenshot comparason post for Super Princess Peach handy?

Edit: Found it!
GBA:
princess_peach_03_f.jpg

DS:
925562_20051021_screen014.jpg

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Dragona Akehi said:

Christ.

I never really got this mentality behind claiming 2D games like the Castlevanias and this are only GBA-quality in visuals. It's easier to see the comparison with Castlevania because 1) It already has prequels on older hardware and 2) the shameful fact that a lot of sprites are recycled from previous Castlevania games. However to deny the fact that the DS' hardware helps out on a lot of subtle effects and multiple entities present on screen is just ludicrous.

Outside of that I feel we have gotten to a point of saturation with 2D visuals where we can clearly recognize what we are controlling in our games and don't feel that there is much in the way of 2D technology that can be advanced, short of throwing more and more sprites around the screen. This is good because it forces people to diversify their graphic styles to make them unique, and it's something that IAWW does in a quite striking manner.

Whether or not you actually like the style, as Dragona says, means very little to the mere notion that the hardware used to recreate it is "last gen" in quality.

Deku

Banned
Dragona Akehi said:

Christ.

I think people these days see a sprite based engine and immediately assume its doable on the GBA.

The GBA is a powerful 2-D platform but it was basically SFC on steriods. Not to mention GBA cartridges are physically unable to store many if not most of the DS titles.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Deku said:
I think people these days see a sprite based engine and immediately assume its doable on the GBA.

The GBA is a powerful 2-D platform but it was basically SFC on steriods. Not to mention GBA cartridges are physically unable to store many if not most of the DS titles.

Yeah, just look at the jump from Gyakuten Saibian 3 to Gyakuten Saiban 4.

It looks similar, but it doesn't have the stretching and the sprites have more detail.

Verve

Cheesemeister said:
Yes, this is on my list of things to do. It simply had to be put on hold due to the transition from "eg" to Gpara. I might have time to re-implement this feature over the weekend.

nice to hear :)
thank you for the good work!

jjgames

I really hope Dewey does decently in Japan. It looks really fun.

I haven't been tracking these as long as most of you. Do Dewey style puzzle/adventure games do very well in Japan? I couldn't think of any games to compare it to, but I'm sure someone here has some numbers of a similar game.

Innotech

Banned
jjgames said:
I really hope Dewey does decently in Japan. It looks really fun.

I haven't been tracking these as long as most of you. Do Dewey style puzzle/adventure games do very well in Japan? I couldn't think of any games to compare it to, but I'm sure someone here has some numbers of a similar game.

Despite what people say about it (they also panned Mario party 8 and I love it) Im picking it up. It looks pretty fun and even gameplay videos have done nothing more than convince me more that I really want it.

Oddly enough, I don't believe DQS's second week sales are unusually low or disappointing. I actually thought it would sell less than that on its' second week, so this is an improvement.

I wish people on here woudl stop saying "You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about"

- It's rude
- It's conceited
- And it's arrogant. They may know 100% more about it than the accuser, but just don't feel like elaborating.

It's an irksome message...

With that said, that was a very unconvincing comparison of Super Princess Peach GBA/DS.

MasterMFauli said:
Even if a game takes no advantage of touch, sound, or increased storage space, DS's two screens do give 156% more space to work with than GBA's screen.
Wii-za said:
At this rate when is Wii Sports cracking 2M???

This year or next?
It should do that in 3 weeks-ish. The bigger question is whether it will hit 3 this year. (Seems likely to me.)

ethelred

LanceStern said:
I wish people on here woudl stop saying "You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about"

- It's rude
- It's conceited
- And it's arrogant. They may know 100% more about it than the accuser, but just don't feel like elaborating.

Someone who says Subarashiki Kono Sekai is Game Boy Advance-level has no idea what he's talking about. It's not arrogant to say that when someone is spouting factually inaccurate trollish remarks he is full of it. If people don't want to be called on BS like that (or the similar "Eternal Sonata looks like a Dreamcast game") they shouldn't speak to things they're utterly clueless and flat-out wrong about.

Jammy

Banned
LanceStern said:
Oddly enough, I don't believe DQS's second week sales are unusually low or disappointing. I actually thought it would sell less than that on its' second week, so this is an improvement.

- It's rude
- It's conceited

It's an irksome message...

With that said, that was a very unconvincing comparison of Super Princess Peach GBA/DS.

Umm... I think you need to stop "going with your heart" and stick with the facts and trends. There was no way DQS was selling less than what it did in its second week, and the only reason it sold that low was because it was relatively hard to find.

The reason people are saying you don't know what you're talking about is because you flip-flop too damn much. "It just doesn't feel like it sold well." That's bullshit.

Wii-za

Jokeropia said:
You're not serious, are you? At this rate it'll take three weeks tops.
JoshuaJSlone said:
It should do that in 3 weeks-ish. The bigger question is whether it will hit 3 this year. (Seems likely to me.)

Oops!!! Mea culpa...I was thinking 3M and wrote 2M...sorry...

Thanks! :D

Top Bottom