• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 8/6 - 8/12

Frillen

NintendosBooger said:
So what are the chances of Mario Strikers hitting 1m world wide by the end of this year?

I would say it has a huge chance f hitting 1 Million by the end of the year. But we should wait for July/August NPD and the first couple m-creates after its release, before we can get clear picture of how well it will do.

jesusraz

JoshuaJSlone said:
Not necessarily, if they had to be discounted to clear them out.

I know what you mean, and would agree had I not read in M-C threads that people were seeing stores selling the game at the normal price once again. Guess it's just wishful thinking on my part... :)

Toru said:
DSL 164000
PSP 30000
PS2 17000
PS3 21000
Wii 70000
360 2900

1. Mario Party 8 116000 (~660000)
2. SD Gundam: G Generation Cross Drive 55000 (~180000)
3. Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber 43000 (~81000)
4. J-League Winning Eleven 2007: Club Championship 38000 (~220000)
5. Wii Sports 37000 (~1910000)

7. My Housekeeping Diary 28000 (~122000)
8. Final Fantasy XII: International Edition 26000 (~76000)
13. Hot Shots Golf 5 23000 (~270000)
16. It's a Wonderful World 18000 (~163000)
23. Dragon Quest Swords 12000 (~447000)

Can you post the whole chart with the exact figures b/c we're probably only going to get 2 week doubled-over figures (8/6-8/19) from Famitsu.com this Thursday.

Wow at the legs of Hot Shots Golf and the PS3. Who would've thought that the Japanese would go nuts over a simple sports game? [/sarcasm in hindsight]

nli10

titiklabingapat said:
Why is Wii Sport's attach rate increasing? I thought it was down to lower 40% but it is now hovering in the higher end up up to 50%, even.

If you chart the Nintendo software then the lead casual title increase in sales when other casual or crossover titles are selling well. MP8's sales have caused an increase in Wii sales and also in WiiSports suggesting that a less hardcore demographic have been once again tempted into purchasing the Wii.

Also when hardware supplies are more plentiful families get hold of them more easily and again the family centered games will proportionally sell more.

I keep meaning to make pretty graphs to demonstrate this swing effect (DS and Brain Training follows the same rules), the pokemon keep distracting me though...

felipeko

titiklabingapat said:
Why is Wii Sport's attach rate increasing? I thought it was down to lower 40% but it is now hovering in the higher end up up to 50%, even.
It always increase on holidays... More casuals go out to buy..

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ksamedi said:
What are the chances of a Nintendo game not hitting 1 million?

Depends on the game.

Nintendo has five Wii games currently published that won't hit a million worldwide. Eyeshield 21 (100-200k WW), Donkey Kong Bongo Blast (500k-700k WW), Excite Truck (500k-700k WW), Fire Emblem may break a million, it may not, Forever Blue (500k WW).

On the Cube, tons; Battalion Wars was 50k in Japan and did less than 150k in its year of release in the US. DDR Mario Mix. Giftpia, obviously. Donkey Konga 2, and definitely Donkey Konga 3. Chibi Robo is pretty unlikely to have hit a million. Doshin the Giant, Nintendo Puzzle Collection... Custom Robo is probably around a million but less, Wario World same deal.

DS; True Swing Golf, Magentica, Electroplankton, Magical Starsign, Custom Robo Arena, Polarium, Metroid Prime Hunters probably, I can't imagine Picross will hit a million, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk is probably under a million, Nintendo Magic, I can't imagine with the bad reviews and only 250k or so in Japan that Wario will hit a million, obviously all of Japanese only releases...

ksamedi

Stumpokapow said:
Depends on the game.

Nintendo has five Wii games currently published that won't hit a million worldwide. Eyeshield 21 (100-200k WW), Donkey Kong Bongo Blast (500k-700k WW), Excite Truck (500k-700k WW), Fire Emblem may break a million, it may not, Forever Blue (500k WW).

On the Cube, tons; Battalion Wars was 50k in Japan and did less than 150k in its year of release in the US. DDR Mario Mix. Giftpia, obviously. Donkey Konga 2, and definitely Donkey Konga 3. Chibi Robo is pretty unlikely to have hit a million. Doshin the Giant, Nintendo Puzzle Collection... Custom Robo is probably around a million but less, Wario World same deal.

DS; True Swing Golf, Magentica, Electroplankton, Magical Starsign, Custom Robo Arena, Polarium, Metroid Prime Hunters probably, I can't imagine Picross will hit a million, Trace Memory, Hotel Dusk is probably under a million, Nintendo Magic, I can't imagine with the bad reviews and only 250k or so in Japan that Wario will hit a million, obviously all of Japanese only releases...

You took that question way too seriously :lol. They still have a very impressive track record of making good selling games, even if not all of them hit a million. They also publish a lot of titles for Wii and DS, lots of them hitting million in sales WW wich is something that most companies are jealous of.

Jokeropia said:
What's the record for consecutive weeks in the top ten for any game since release? Does anyone know?

most likely Super Mario World & Super Mario Brothers 3 but more recently:

both Pokemon Diamond*Pearl (2006) & Final Fantasy V (1992-93) were no. 1 for 8 cons. weeks. (including Famitsu doubled-over weeks in some cases)

Others for 7 consecutive weeks:
1993 - Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Fighting 3
2002 - Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
alejob said:
Wii play, wii sports and Mario Party numbers are up. Maybe 80K for Wii this week?
It was a holiday so it probably depends on what Nintendo shipped and how many remained from the previous week.

Jokeropia

Square2005 said:
most likely Super Mario World & Super Mario Brothers 3 but more recently:

both Pokemon Diamond*Pearl (2006) & Final Fantasy V (1992-93) were no. 1 for 8 cons. weeks. (including Famitsu doubled-over weeks in some cases)
Not #1, just consecutive weeks in the top ten since release?

Top Bottom