• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: July 26-August 1

Brofist

Elios83 said:
PSP 48,603
PS3 45,224
DSi LL 23,120
Wii 20,038
DSi 17,950
Xbox 360 6,929
DS Lite 4,058
PS2 1,444
PSP go 777

Why did the PSP get a boost?

PSP Go is the real winner here

slot777.jpg

ollin

onken said:
Quite a hw boost for PS3 though, actually. Guess those horny single females were holding out all this time.
New PS3 160 GB models was released with a white slim color. The Japanese loves different color hardware.

charlequin said:
Wii third-party support is the Murder on the Orient Express of video game industry failures -- everyone's to blame.
Wrong. The failure lies with Nintendo only. It's up tot he platform holder to garner 3rd party support, and like usual, Nintendo doesn't give a crap about the 3rd parties(maybe they changed that with 3DS). They never go out of their way to build relationships with them like Sony and MS, so the blame entirely rests on Nintendo.

Why should a 3rd party release a less quality product that will sell less on the Wii than the HD twins? That's the question Nintendo has to answer, but they won't answer.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Wrong. The failure lies with Nintendo only. It's up tot he platform holder to garner 3rd party support, and like usual, Nintendo doesn't give a crap about the 3rd parties(maybe they changed that with 3DS). They never go out of their way to build relationships with them like Sony and MS, so the blame entirely rests on Nintendo.

Why should a 3rd party release a less quality product that will sell less on the Wii than the HD twins? That's the question Nintendo has to answer, but they won't answer.

Because developing for the high-end is killing those 3rd parties, and therefore they are suffering from not developing from Nintendo.

Blame can be assigned to everyone who is damaged by the Wii's lack of 3rd party support but never did anything to change that. In that aspect, nearly every 3rd party is to be blamed. (Except maybe for those who went the 'even cheaper than the Wii route' and embraced handhelds.)

onken

ollin said:
New PS3 160 GB models was released with a white slim color. The Japanese loves different color hardware.

Ahh, I'd noticed those around, wasn't sure how long they'd been there. Certainly wasn't much fanfare to go with the release.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
31. / 00. [PSP] Koisuru Otome to Shugo no Tate Portable (Alchemist)
32. / 10. [NDS] Katekyoo Hitman Reborn! DS Flame Rumble XX: Kessen! Real 6 Chouka (Takara Tomy)
33. / 33. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
34. / 24. [NDS] Digimon Story: Lost Evolution (Bandai Namco)
35. / 00. [PSP] S.Y.K.: Journey to the West Portable (Idea Factory)
36. / 28. [NDS] Tokimeki Memorial: Girl's Side 3rd Story (Konami)
37. / 00. [PSP] GA - Geijutsuka Art Design Class: Slapstick Wonder Land (Russel)
38. / 32. [NDS] Love Plus + (Konami)
39. / 27. [PSP] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Blue Samurai Challenge (Konami)
40. / 34. [NDS] Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 (Square Enix)
41. / 35. [NDS] Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Pokemon Co.)
42. / 00. [PSP] Busou Shinki: Battle Masters (Konami)
43. / 31. [PSP] Naruto Shippuden: Kizuna Drive (Bandai Namco)
44. / 20. [NDS] TV Anime: Fairy Tale Gekitou! Madoushi Kessen (Hudson)
45. / 40. [WII] Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
46. / 36. [NDS] Tamagotchi no Pichi Pichi Omisecchi (Bandai Namco)
47. / 38. [PSP] Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (Konami)
48. / 37. [PSP] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva [Dekkai Ohaidoku-han / Ohaidoku-han] (Sega)
49. / 42. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2010: Blue Samurai Challenge (Konami)
50. / 00. [PSP] Second Novel: Kanojo no Natsu, 15-Bun no Kioku (Nippon Ichi Software)

00. / 00. [ALL] Weekly Software Sales (All Publishers) - 1.444.713 / 32.332.754 (+51%)

NDS - 19
PSP - 16
WII - 8
PS3 - 5
360 - 2
PS2 - 0

HARDWARE

Code:
|  PS3  |     45.224  |     19.420  |    858.787  |   5.360.154  |
|  NDS  |     45.128  |     47.450  |  1.371.159  |  30.650.239  |
|  WII  |     20.038  |     21.092  |    906.918  |  10.512.117  |
|  360  |      6.929  |      6.056  |    130.578  |   1.340.250  |
|  PS2  |      1.444  |      1.475  |     51.356  |  21.661.533  |
------------------------------------------------------------------
| DSiLL |     23.120  |     24.189  |    730.225  |   1.237.132  |
|  DSi  |     17.950  |     18.202  |    505.209  |   4.844.155  |
|  DSL  |      4.058  |      5.059  |    135.725  |  17.983.481  |
|  PSP  |     48.603  |     28.747  |  1.192.462  |  14.859.795  |
| PSPgo |        777  |        831  |     41.570  |     117.325  |

NIS can't catch a break.

Can't *catch* a break, you mean.

Judging by the generally buggy and unambitious state of their games, they're probably quite good at *taking* breaks.

BladeoftheImmortal said:
Wrong. The failure lies with Nintendo only.

Nope. Honestly, to blame either Nintendo or third-parties alone and excuse the other betrays such poor understanding of the market as to render any further commentary almost useless.

Why should a 3rd party release a less quality product that will sell less on the Wii than the HD twins?

Like that! Thinking this is a useful and accurate question to even ask is not the way to get to any kind of useful analysis at all.

cvxfreak

At the same time, no matter how much market research you do, sometimes you just can't ask console to be good at something it can't be.

I anticipate a few PS3/Wii multiplatform games after the Move hits, and that will demonstrate the opposite effect to what we're seeing with third party games.

wizword

Banned
cvxfreak said:
At the same time, no matter how much market research you do, sometimes you just can't ask console to be good at something it can't be.

I anticipate a few PS3/Wii multiplatform games after the Move hits, and that will demonstrate the opposite effect to what we're seeing with third party games.
wii games are suddenly going to be selling well because more games are on the wii? I think that the same results are going to happen. Why would they start buying the wii version over playstation 3?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
wizword said:
wii games are suddenly going to be selling well because more games are on the wii? I think that the same results are going to happen. Why would they start buying the wii version over playstation 3?
One good reason is that the userbase will be day with night.

cvxfreak

wizword said:

What? I didn't say that. I was alluding to the understanding that the PS3 is a better platform for third party games than the Wii because its renditions/versions tend to be better than the Wii's, and that the system was meant for those types of games from the beginning.

The Wii's advantages over the PS3 lie in motion control games and Blue Ocean games, and if/when multiplatform waggle games hit the Wii and PS3, I expect the Wii versions to sell better than the PS3 counterparts (except for stuff like the WE series, if they decide to put waggle in the PS3 games from now on). The cause of that will not be userbase size, but demographics.

charlequin said:
Nope. Honestly, to blame either Nintendo or third-parties alone and excuse the other betrays such poor understanding of the market as to render any further commentary almost useless.

Like that! Thinking this is a useful and accurate question to even ask is not the way to get to any kind of useful analysis at all.

All I know is that sony, on a dead and dying system (PSP) gets better 3rd party support than the highest selling console this gen.

It may be everyone's fault, but it's an 80/20 spilt in Nintendo's
dis
favor

duckroll

Segata Sanshiro said:
Can't *catch* a break, you mean.

Judging by the generally buggy and unambitious state of their games, they're probably quite good at *taking* breaks.

They just cancelled 3 games in direct response to your complaint. Feel proud. :)

wizword

Banned
cvxfreak said:
What? I didn't say that. I was alluding to the understanding that the PS3 is a better platform for third party games than the Wii because its renditions/versions tend to be better than the Wii's, and that the system was meant for those types of games from the beginning.

The Wii's advantages over the PS3 lie in motion control games and Blue Ocean games, and if/when multiplatform waggle games hit the Wii and PS3, I expect the Wii versions to sell better than the PS3 counterparts (except for stuff like the WE series, if they decide to put waggle in the PS3 games from now on). The cause of that will not be userbase size, but demographics.
Ah was confused with what you were saying. I doubt there will be much in terms of games with move in terms of 3rd party. Really no reason to limit the game audience with an exclusive peripheral. There are not going to be many wii and ps3 games because there really isn't a point to have them on both consoles either.

Cygnus X-1

Elios83 said:
PSP 48,603
PS3 45,224
DSi LL 23,120
Wii 20,038
DSi 17,950
Xbox 360 6,929
DS Lite 4,058
PS2 1,444
PSP go 777

Why did the PSP get a boost?

It is quite amazing how slowly, but surely is Sony re-conquering the japanese market. New colors, new packs, new offers and games that come out more and more regularly are putting Nintendo is a situation that is more and more difficult.

I would like to know the schedule release of all games for all consoles till the end of the year. Is it possible?

wizword

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:
It is quite amazing how slowly, but surely is Sony re-conquering the japanese market. New colors, new packs, new offers and games that come out more and more regularly are putting Nintendo is a situation that is more and more difficult.

I would like to know the schedule release of all games for all consoles till the end of the year. Is it possible?
Awful. I imagine though that there is going to be a musou game on ps3 sometime though in december ish. There is donkey kong wii and gt5 though that should both sell well. And no it isn't possible for playstation 3 to beat wii this year since the wii tends to have a larger holiday bump than playstation 3.

Grimmy

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:

You can check out Gamefaqs' upcoming games list, which is pretty comprehensive for games with announced release dates:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii/releases/region-2

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/releases/region-2

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/releases/region-2

Yes, that really is the Wii's releases for the rest of the year (except for undated games like The Last Story).

Cygnus X-1

Wii and DS are down mostly because of Nintendo. Right now DS is selling still at decent levels because of some nice and continuous third party effort. That's true. But the levels the DS reached in the past, and with that I mean when it always was selling more then 100k, were due to the presence of key Nintendo softwares like Brain Training, New Super Mario Bros, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart. For example. Third party helped Nintendo to stabilize the situation when they were occupied with the transition that conduced to the launch of the Wii.

Right now, Wii is in a similar, but worse situation, i.e. Nintendo has shifted large part of their resources to the 3DS, whereas Wii cannot unfortunately survive decently with third party games. Wii's high sales were nevertheless due to Nintendo's titles and in a much lesser extent to third parties, which never played an important role in the end.

Let me now go to the subsequent point. Who is to blame? Nintendo in the first place, because of the lack of big titles that can drive the system. Titles like Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit finished their potentials long ago. Third Party could have changed that only if they were massively present on the system.

But this was impossible from the beginning. In the end, Wii was almost destined to have few third party support, even if the console almost sold twice as the other concurrent. The barrier between HD and SD, the late arrival of third parties because of the wrong certitude that the console would have failed and the lack of information about the system from the beginning for everyone outside Nintendo, and most of all, the new interface.

After all, is it easy to develop for a console with a so radical change in gameplay? I don't think so: it requires time, money and a dedicated team. And with almost every normal developer used to the graphics paradigm, changing was, and still is, quite difficult.

So, in the end, who is to blame? Everyone and nobody.

Everyone, because Nintendo made a console with intrinsic obstacles for external developers, and third party because they did not understand the true potential and they never took seriously the system.

Nobody, because Nintendo had no choice, but to disrupt the market if they wanted to be successful once again. Third Parties instead, could never get used to such many obstacles in such a short amount of time. Their efforts thus resulted in very few good results.

Durante

Cygnus X-1 said:
bg1_dia3d72.png

Now I'm sad we'll never get anything like this again. Doesn't remotely fit into a dialogue wheel you see.

[Nintex]

Cygnus X-1 said:
Nintendo can't seem to grasp the idea that there should be more than one or two amazing games every year. You can't release a stellar game and wait 6-8-12 months to release the next one. Since Animal Crossing and Wii Music underperformed, the gap between releases(Mario Kart april 2008 - Wii Sports Resort june 2009) was more than 12 months. Starting with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Nintendo is finally releasing games in a timely fashion with Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Party, Metroid: Other M etc. The gap between releases was simply too big and gamers looked for their fix elsewhere and it isn't the first time in Nintendo's history this happened. Nintendo left money and marketshare on the table. They could've invested $10 million to let a well known Japanese developer(Square Enix/SEGA for example) develop a more 'core' game based on one of Nintendo's IP's and if they did this every year and the gap between releases would've been 3 months instead of 6 the hardware sales wouldn't have dropped like a rock at times.

[Nintex] said:
Nintendo can't seem to grasp the idea that there should be more than one or two amazing games every year. You can't release a stellar game and wait 6-8-12 months to release the next one. Since Animal Crossing and Wii Music underperformed, the gap between releases(Mario Kart april 2008 - Wii Sports Resort june 2009) was more than 12 months. Starting with New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Nintendo is finally releasing games in a timely fashion with Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii Party, Metroid: Other M etc. The gap between releases was simply too big and gamers looked for their fix elsewhere and it isn't the first time in Nintendo's history this happened. Nintendo left money and marketshare on the table. They could've invested $10 million to let a well known Japanese developer(Square Enix/SEGA for example) develop a more 'core' game based on one of Nintendo's IP's and if they did this every year and the gap between releases would've been 3 months instead of 6 the hardware sales wouldn't have dropped like a rock at times.

I don't think it's so much "can't grasp" as it is "were unable to". To actually come up with several amazing, hardware-driving games each year is bloody difficult, and while Nintendo have succeeded several times they can't guarantee that each game they intend to be a hit will be.

Where they fell down badly was in pegging everything on Animal Crossing and Wii Music, either through accident (development on other games was taking longer than expected or not progressing apace) or design (they really thought that the two games would succeed and pick up the slack until the next batch of titles were ready) and having nothing in place to follow up in a timely fashion.

The suggestion that they should just throw money at third parties to produce "core" titles to pad their lineup is a bit misguided IMO. It's a short-term, expensive, high-risk solution to a problem that is better solved by putting that money into internal restructuring and development, or improving third party relations.

I'm hopeful that Nintendo have learnt some very important lessons from the mistakes they - and third parties - have made with the Wii (and to a lesser extent, the DS), and the way they have approached the 3DS seems to bear that out. It still has a great Nintendo "hook" (or gimmick, if you're being unkind) in the 3D display, but it is an evolution of a platform developers are familiar with, and it seems to be built in a way that has taken into account modern development practices at third parties.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Cygnus X-1 said:

Everyone, because Nintendo made a console with intrinsic obstacles for external developers, and third party because they did not understand the true potential and they never took seriously the system.

Nobody, because Nintendo had no choice, but to disrupt the market if they wanted to be successful once again. Third Parties instead, could never get used to such many obstacles in such a short amount of time. Their efforts thus resulted in very few good results.
Spot on.

DS is at 30 million. It is almost absurd that it still sells, which must be to a large extent people getting a new one (DS -> DS Lite -> DSi -> DSXL). I don't think Nintendo will mind sales slowing a little while getting ready for 3DS launch, which will have a good shot at starting the whole craze all over again. Nothing to worry about here so far.

Wii is a different kettle of fish. No idea what will happen here, but it may well be that they have nothing for a while, and will wait and see what happens when Move and Kinect are out, and then decide where to go/what to launch in 2012.

Maastricht said:
Wii is a different kettle of fish. No idea what will happen here, but it may well be that they have nothing for a while, and will wait and see what happens when Move and Kinect are out, and then decide where to go/what to launch in 2012.

They can't wait to see what happens when Move/Kinect hit - not if they're aiming for a 2012 (or earlier) launch.

farnham

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:

id say both PSP and PS3 are much healthier then they were in lets say 2006.

but reconquering seems to be a stretch.

Wii still has sold double the amount of PS3s and same goes for the DS

Cygnus X-1

Maastricht said:
DS is at 30 million. It is almost absurd that it still sells, which must be to a large extent people getting a new one (DS -> DS Lite -> DSi -> DSXL). I don't think Nintendo will mind sales slowing a little while getting ready for 3DS launch, which will have a good shot at starting the whole craze all over again. Nothing to worry about here so far.

Wii is in Japan in the same situation the Gamecube was, i.e. almost no future third party support outside the big exception of Dragon Quest X (thought with no release date), but with a installed base of 10 millions, lots of millions sellers behind and a still decent weekly sales rate. Audience still seems to be quite responsive to Nintendo's games and some key third party games. See for example Wii Party, Dragon Quest Monster Battle and Super Mario Galaxy 2, though there is a disturbing decreasing tendency.

What to do? Difficult question. I doubt Nintendo can convince third parties to develop for the system, since they could not achieve that goal even when the console was selling like no other system before. Thus, choices risk to be limited. Nintendo has to adjust their internal teams so that release dates are more regular. And that's a long term problem that cannot be corrected so easily.
They could release more colors and more packs, like Sony is doing with PSP since 2 years. It is very effective. The Monster Hunter Tri Pack was very effective on sales, though it did not last long.
Additionally, they could lower the price right before Christmas, though there is the problem of what to do till Christmas.
The utilization of peripherals was also not carried out well by Nintendo in the end. Wii Zapper was not almost used by any software after RE4 and Link Crossbow Training; Wii Motion Plus after Wii Sports Resort also never drove Wii's hardware sales and Zelda is not a software that drive console's sales. And outside the classic controller, the attachments we thought they would invade the Wii's market were never developed in the end. I have to say that even if Wii has enjoyed an amazing success, there are still many things who could have been carried out much better.

Cygnus X-1

farnham said:
id say both PSP and PS3 are much healthier then they were in lets say 2006.

but reconquering seems to be a stretch.

Wii still has sold double the amount of PS3s and same goes for the DS

Yeah, but the audience seems to be less and less responsive to new games. After all, what is a large userbase needed for, if they do not buy games in the first place? One constructor cares to sell a large amount of hardware mostly because they hope their software will sell better and better.
PS3's userbase is much smaller, but everytime a game comes out, the attachment rate is quite impressive. And the number of games scheduled for the system is also large. And its weekly sales are increasing. I can see a trend here, exactly like the PSP after MH.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Bebpo said:
I'd love to see DQX on Wii/PS3 for a sales breakdown.

I have the feeling it'd be really neck and neck between the versions. Will never happen, but would make excellent sales discussion if it did.

I'd love to see that happen too...but I think the PS3 version would definitely sell more. It seems like any games that are on PS3 and Wii (the few that there are) always sell more on the PS3 (going by my memory so I could be wrong about that). Plus I think there would be more of a built in audience on PS3 w/ FFXIII, Star Ocean, Tales of, etc already having seen releases on the system.

farnham

Banned
Cygnus X-1 said:
Yeah, but the audience seems to be less and less responsive to new games. After all, what is a large userbase needed for, if they do not buy games in the first place? One constructor cares to sell a large amount of hardware mostly because they hope their software will sell better and better.
PS3's userbase is much smaller, but everytime a game comes out, the attachment rate is quite impressive. And the number of games scheduled for the system is also large. And its weekly sales are increasing. I can see a trend here, exactly like the PSP after MH.
Well SMG 2 and Wii Party are selling very well. Wii Party will probably break 1 million. SMG2 im not sure but i could see it happen.

smaller releases like Reginleiv and Xenoblade didnt do all that bad either. DQ Monster Battle Road Victory did about 200k which isnt that great for the DQ series but i wouldnt call it a straight up failure as well.

Was there a PS3 game that sold over 500k this year ?

Cygnus X-1 said:
And its weekly sales are increasing. I can see a trend here, exactly like the PSP after MH.

Eh? I'd have to go back to check (at work at the mo) but I think PS3 sales have been dropping, stablising at around 20k per week for a while. There certainly doesn't seem to be any kind of upward trend, and certainly nothing like the PSP's growth.

I don't think you have to overstate the PS3's decent performance here - it's doing well, but throwing around comparisons with the PSP post-MH and talking about "reconquering Japan" seem - at best - premature.

farnham

Banned
Cosmonaut X said:
Eh? I'd have to go back to check (at work at the mo) but I think PS3 sales have been dropping, stablising at around 20k per week for a while. There certainly doesn't seem to be any kind of upward trend, and certainly nothing like the PSP's growth.

I don't think you have to overstate the PS3's decent performance here - it's doing well, but throwing around comparisons with the PSP post-MH and talking about "reconquering Japan" seem - at best - premature.
Also PSP did not reconquer Japan after Monster Hunter

it went from nonexistant to decent competitor

farnham

Banned

Grimmy

Banned
farnham said:
Well SMG 2 and Wii Party are selling very well. Wii Party will probably break 1 million. SMG2 im not sure but i could see it happen.

smaller releases like Reginleiv and Xenoblade didnt do all that bad either. DQ Monster Battle Road Victory did about 200k which isnt that great for the DQ series but i wouldnt call it a straight up failure as well.

Was there a PS3 game that sold over 500k this year ?

Sigh. Where to begin?
1. Of course there were - Yakuza 4 and Hokuto Musou.
2. Xenoblade and especially Reginleiv were both flops. How can you rationalize that they didn't do badly? Xenoblade was outsold by Nier, for crying out loud.

Cosmonaut X said:
The suggestion that they should just throw money at third parties to produce "core" titles to pad their lineup is a bit misguided IMO. It's a short-term, expensive, high-risk solution to a problem that is better solved by putting that money into internal restructuring and development, or improving third party relations.

One thing I've really been puzzling about recently, that's connected to this.

What exactly could Microsoft have done differently this gen to help out 360 in Japan? They really pulled out all the stops and for a short short time period it looked like they might just manage a 2nd place finish.

Outside of getting a better development studio for mistwalker(or helping square actually make IU and LR actually seem like finished games), really really pushing the 360 rpgs on an international level, what could they have possibly(without spending even more absurd amounts of cash) done to reach a 2nd place milestone?

Should Microsoft just be content with making a profit off niche games in the jp market for the rest of the future?

2nd. no 360 games are selling, why have we stabilized at double(3-4,000) units above the previous average weekly total of 360's?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Grimmy said:
Yes, that really is the Wii's releases for the rest of the year (except for undated games like The Last Story).
That Wii list is missing all Nintendo's major releases and many PS3 big sellers.

Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Donkey Kong Country Returns
The Last Story

PS3
Gran Turismo 5
World Soccer Winning Eleven 2011
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2
Tales of Graces F
Warriors: Legends of Troy
Disgaea 4 (this is also 2010 I think)

Spiegel

Chris1964 said:
That Wii list is missing all Nintendo's major releases and many PS3 releases

Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The Last Story
Mario Sports Mix (it's 2010 right?)

PS3
Gran Turismo 5
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Tales of Graces F

Mario Sports Mix and MGS:Rising are 2011 games

Grimmy

Banned
Chris1964 said:
That Wii list is missing all Nintendo's major releases and many PS3 big sellers.

Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The Last Story
Mario Sports Mix (it's 2010 right?)

PS3
Gran Turismo 5
Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Tales of Graces F

It's not missing from the list. As mentioned, Gamefaqs only lists games that have release dates. None of those have confirmed release dates

farnham

Banned
Grimmy said:
Sigh. Where to begin?
1. Of course there were - Yakuza 4 and Hokuto Musou.
2. Xenoblade and especially Reginleiv were both flops. How can you rationalize that they didn't do badly? Xenoblade was outsold by Nier, for crying out loud.
yeah you are right about xenoblade and reginleiv. but still wii had more titles that sold over 500k so far (NSMBWii, WiiFit Plus, SMG2, Wii Party)

I dont have the total software sales but i do think the Wii software sales are higher. So i wouldnt say the wii is a total flop this year.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Chris1964 said:

Wii
Kirby's Epic Yarn
The Last Story

PS3
Gran Turismo 5
Tales of Graces F

Mario Sports was announced as 2011 at E3. Don't know about Japan.

Grimmy

Banned
farnham said:
yeah you are right about xenoblade and reginleiv. but still wii had more titles that sold over 500k so far (NSMBWii, WiiFit Plus, SMG2, Wii Party)

I dont have the total software sales but i do think the Wii software sales are higher. So i wouldnt say the wii is a total flop this year.

Of course they are higher - but it's mostly Nintendo's own software that are selling. For the 1st half of 2010, the Wii has 16 games charting as opposed to PS3's 24. Out of those 16 games on the Wii, only 6 are from 3rd parties. Out of the 24 games on the PS3, 21 games are from 3rd parties.

farnham

Banned
Grimmy said:
Of course they are higher - but it's mostly Nintendo's own software that are selling. For the 1st half of 2010, the Wii has 16 games charting as opposed to PS3's 24. Out of those 16 games on the Wii, only 6 are from 3rd parties. Out of the 24 games on the PS3, 21 games are from 3rd parties.
i was not arguing that wii is no thirdparty haven. im just saying that it will keep holding its position with first party titles alone

Top Bottom