Media Create Sales: Nov 23-29, 2009

swerve

Member
Sep 14, 2006
2,502
0
0
BishopLamont said:
The first Mario Kart was called SMK, but the Wii one isn't and since nostalgia is selling NSMBW, I thought calling the next one SMKW would make sense.
Except that there's no benefit of nostalgia with Mario Kart, when the latest iterations on both platforms are known and loved by far more people than the SNES original ever was.

That said, a toon-shaded remake of the original would be the most exciting proposition for me since the glorious local wi-fi of the DS version and the monthly online challenges of the MKWii.
 
gkrykewy said:
But how would it be differentiated from MKW in a "retro" direction? Back to Mode 7?
I didn't take him to mean the game would be particularly more retro (already each is half-full of old tracks), just that he thought it would be an attention-getting title. Like how "New Super Mario Bros." might get more attention than the same game called "Super Mario Kingdom".
 

BishopLamont

Banned
Apr 22, 2007
7,423
0
0
gkrykewy said:
I see. I'm not sure that "Super Mario Kart" has the same nostalgic draw as "Super Mario Bros", given that the prior iteration on Wii without the "Super" is (I'm pretty sure) the highest selling iteration in franchise history, by a longshot.

You might be onto something with a MK sequel on Wii, but on the other hand, the first game continues to move big numbers.

I would also love to see a new 2D Zelda, but that's probably not happening.
It's still doing big numbers now, but it could be doing even better if a sequel came out. Wii Fit was still selling well but then Wii Fit+ took over and essentially renewed its sales.

JoshuaJSlone said:
Worldwide, I don't know. Japan, pretty sure it's a solid #3, though it had the fastest start.

The Mario Kart series has always been "Mario Kart" plus a system differentator or subtitle so I doubt SMKW would be an obvious title, but that's a pretty minor part of BL's main prediction that it will exist.
Oh right I forgot that the Super was just part of the naming fad, I guess it'll be called Mario Kart ___. I wouldn't be surprised if they released another allstar cast game in a genre we haven't seen, the problem is figuring out what genre.

gkrykewy said:
But how would it be differentiated from MKW in a "retro" direction? Back to Mode 7?

Completely unrelated, but don't want to make another thread: Is the CC Pro a good purchase? Any word on whether NOA will be releasing it?
JoshuaJSlone said:
I didn't take him to mean the game would be particularly more retro (already each is half-full of old tracks), just that he thought it would be an attention-getting title. Like how "New Super Mario Bros." might get more attention than the same game called "Super Mario Kingdom".
Yeah it's just a title, don't read too much into it.

swerve said:
Except that there's no benefit of nostalgia with Mario Kart, when the latest iterations on both platforms are known and loved by far more people than the SNES original ever was.

That said, a toon-shaded remake of the original would be the most exciting proposition for me since the glorious local wi-fi of the DS version and the monthly online challenges of the MKWii.
NSMB is pretty new too but nostalgia certainly didn't hamper NSMBW's sales. I don't think they'll stray too far away from MKW at this point when it's sales are at an all-time high, but yes a toon shaded remake would be nice.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
So getting back to my prediction about the 2nd week of FF13 getting beat by NSMB Wii, here are some relevant numbers:

FFX 2nd week- 233K

FF12 2nd week- 217K

NSMB DS 4th week- 204K


X and 12 will most assuredly have higher 1st weeks than 13, but 13 will have the benefit of coming in the holiday season so the 2nd week might have a better hold.

I expect NSMB Wii to have a better 4th week than NSMB DS since it will be right at the peak of the holiday season.
 

gkryhewy

Member
Dec 28, 2004
9,505
0
0
BishopLamont said:
It's still doing big numbers now, but it could be doing even better if a sequel came out. Wii Fit was still selling well but then Wii Fit+ took over and essentially renewed its sales.
Definitely true, and I agree with your broader point. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
 

BishopLamont

Banned
Apr 22, 2007
7,423
0
0
gkrykewy said:
Definitely true, and I agree with your broader point. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
Next year, Nintendo will have released all their major guns, with maybe an exception of Kirby and even that is debatable whether it'll sell well on a console. They would've exhausted most of their new big franchises too. So by now they should already be thinking of major new core IPs or sticking to just mainly their proven ones. They already shown with SMG2, Wii Fit+ and Wii Sports resort that they're not scared to release sequels in the same generation but too many in one generation can really dilute the brands. They really need some new core IPs to prove that they can make heavy hitters without relying on their old ones or going the non-gaming route.
 

Laguna

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
BishopLamont said:
Next year, Nintendo will have released all their major guns, with maybe an exception of Kirby and even that is debatable whether it'll sell well on a console. They would've exhausted most of their new big franchises too. So by now they should already be thinking of major new core IPs or sticking to just mainly their proven ones. They already shown with SMG2, Wii Fit+ and Wii Sports resort that they're not scared to release sequels in the same generation but too many in one generation can really dilute the brands. They really need some new core IPs to prove that they can make heavy hitters without relying on their old ones or going the non-gaming route.
Nintendo has at least SMG2, Zelda, Pikmin (likely), Kirby (likely) all games that most likely will sell really well. There´ll most likely be games like Starfox and finally a new Mario Party too. Then you have Dragon Quest X, Capcoms Samurai game (multiplat) and the port of their MT-Framework engine for Wii is promising to say the least, it´s also very likely that there´ll be MH3G and a MH2Gport. I also doubt that Tales of Graces will be the last Tales game on Wii. So I doubt there will be a drought of good selling Wii software in the next 2 years.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Laguna said:
Nintendo has at least SMG2, Zelda, Pikmin (likely), Kirby (likely) all games that most likely will sell really well. There´ll most likely be games like Starfox and finally a new Mario Party too. Then you have Dragon Quest X, Capcoms Samurai game (multiplat) and the port of their MT-Framework engine for Wii is promising to say the least, it´s also very likely that there´ll be MH3G and a MH2Gport. I also doubt that Tales of Graces will be the last Tales game on Wii. So I doubt there will be a drought of good selling Wii software in the next 2 years.

I don't know why anyone is expecting Kirby after it has been on every Nintendo financial briefing release list and has never actually been seen or heard of.


DQX won't be around until at least 2011, Basara 3 will probably be bigger on PS3, and though I agree there will be more Tales on Wii it probably won't be in 2010.

Honestly, right now 2010 looks pretty thin.

A likely Monster Hunter 3G could be the biggest release of the year.
 

jay

Member
Oct 25, 2006
9,198
0
1,000
gkrykewy said:
I would also love to see a new 2D Zelda, but that's probably not happening.
I was thinking about this the other day for some reason. The Adventures of Link 2 as a WiiWare game would be nice. Nintendo never really built on that design but I'm sure they could come up with some interesting new ideas. I'm also sure they won't.
 

kswiston

Member
Mar 25, 2005
35,145
1
0
Canada
jay said:
I was thinking about this the other day for some reason. The Adventures of Link 2 as a WiiWare game would be nice. Nintendo never really built on that design but I'm sure they could come up with some interesting new ideas. I'm also sure they won't.
If Nintendo was going to do a retro Zelda title, it would be on DS. Why sell a game as a DD title for $10-15 on Wiiware when you could put it on a DS cart, price it 3-4 times higher, and sell way more copies?
 

TheRagnCajun

Member
Feb 23, 2007
7,227
0
0
schuelma said:
So getting back to my prediction about the 2nd week of FF13 getting beat by NSMB Wii, here are some relevant numbers:

FFX 2nd week- 233K

FF12 2nd week- 217K

NSMB DS 4th week- 204K


X and 12 will most assuredly have higher 1st weeks than 13, but 13 will have the benefit of coming in the holiday season so the 2nd week might have a better hold.

I expect NSMB Wii to have a better 4th week than NSMB DS since it will be right at the peak of the holiday season.
Its coming pretty late in the holiday season though. FF13 is going to be front loaded and we all know that. I don't think its unreasonable to predict NSMB Wii could outsell it in the last week of Dec
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
TheRagnCajun said:
Its coming pretty late in the holiday season though. FF13 is going to be front loaded and we all know that. I don't think its unreasonable to predict NSMB Wii could outsell it in the last week of Dec

Yeah that's what I'm predicting right now. It will be interesting to see.
 

Laguna

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
schuelma said:
I don't know why anyone is expecting Kirby after it has been on every Nintendo financial briefing release list and has never actually been seen or heard of.


DQX won't be around until at least 2011, Basara 3 will probably be bigger on PS3, and though I agree there will be more Tales on Wii it probably won't be in 2010.

Honestly, right now 2010 looks pretty thin.

A likely Monster Hunter 3G could be the biggest release of the year.
It´s not a matter of selling better, it´s more important to sell well. And I have no doubt that Basara 3 will perform well also on Wii.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Laguna said:
It´s not a matter of selling better, it´s more important to sell well. And I have no doubt that Basara 3 will perform well also on Wii.

We'll see..unless Capcom really pushes the Wii version I think the PS3 one will do significantly better and the Wii version might be lucky to push 100-150K.
 

gkryhewy

Member
Dec 28, 2004
9,505
0
0
Yeah, it would be nice in the wake of NSMB Wii if Nintendo would take a year to quit focusing on hardware accessories and just churn out beautiful, lean software.

:lol
 

onken

Member
Dec 15, 2008
7,731
16
850
some place.. far away. yes, that will do
schuelma said:
I don't know why anyone is expecting Kirby after it has been on every Nintendo financial briefing release list and has never actually been seen or heard of.
Because pretty much every Nintendo franchise is getting a ride on the Wii train, so I don't see why Kirby should be any different. In any rate, we know what Nintendo are like, it'll probably be released within a few hours of its announcement.
 

Laguna

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
schuelma said:
We'll see..unless Capcom really pushes the Wii version I think the PS3 one will do significantly better and the Wii version might be lucky to push 100-150K.
And what do you expect Basara3 to sell on PS3 anyway, since you are saying it will sell significantly more than the Wii version?
 

Varjet

Member
Aug 6, 2006
3,457
0
0
Europe
gkrykewy said:
I would also love to see a new 2D Zelda, but that's probably not happening.
You're in luck, they'll release one this week.
PH plays like a 2D Zelda, so I guess the same is true for ST.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Laguna said:
And what do you expect Basara3 to sell on PS3 anyway, since you are saying it will sell significantly more than the Wii version?

Hmm..the last one on PS2 sold around 330K with the BEST version..people seem to think its a franchise on the way up...I'm just pulling this out of my ass here...

I'll say 275K PS3, 100K Wii. (and again, this is just a complete guess since we don't know that much about the release right now..who knows, maybe Capcom is going to push the Wii version).
 

jay

Member
Oct 25, 2006
9,198
0
1,000
kswiston said:
If Nintendo was going to do a retro Zelda title, it would be on DS. Why sell a game as a DD title for $10-15 on Wiiware when you could put it on a DS cart, price it 3-4 times higher, and sell way more copies?
You're probably right. There's a slim chance they'd realize the Wii needs better support and 2D games on home consoles with name recognition can really sell.
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,410
1
0
schuelma said:
Hmm..the last one on PS2 sold around 330K with the BEST version..people seem to think its a franchise on the way up...I'm just pulling this out of my ass here...

I'll say 275K PS3, 100K Wii. (and again, this is just a complete guess since we don't know that much about the release right now..who knows, maybe Capcom is going to push the Wii version).
Capcom can be happy if they sell 300K ltd on both plattforms combined.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Laguna said:
I´m also very interested in Samurais Warriors performance that´s another example how it´s done and it´s really telling that it completely destroys Crystal Bearers.

It doesn't appear that Koei did anything extraordinary with SW3 other than actually retain the exact gameplay of the previous entries...which of course puts it one step ahead of SE with Crystal Bearers.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
Let's not get carried away, Samurai Warriors 3 is going to do better than what many of us were expecting (a complete bomba) but unless it does significantly better on the weekend, the game will underperform compared to many Musou games and heavily underperform compared to Samurai Warriors 2.

There aren't excuses, third parties want games to do good numbers. Not to do good numbers for a Wii game
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Spiegel said:
Let's not get carried away, Samurai Warriors 3 is going to do better than what many of us were expecting (a complete bomba) but unless it does significantly better on the weekend, the game will underperform compared to many Musou games and heavily underperform compared to Samurai Warriors 2.

There aren't excuses, third parties want games to do good numbers. Not to do good numbers for a Wii game
I don't see how a comparison to SW2 is all that relevant. The Dynasty series has seen serious decline on a system getting loads of Musou games so I don't see how it was at all realistic to not expect a similar decline with the Samurai Warriors series.

I agree with your basic point, but I think a comparison to the present Musou games sales is far more relevant. Of course, SW3 probably won't look all that good compared to the PS3 entries either, but we'll see what type of legs it shows.
 

king zell

Member
Jun 6, 2004
3,408
0
0
36
Spiegel said:
There aren't excuses, third parties want games to do good numbers. Not to do good numbers for a Wii game
whats a good number for third party is the question,i mean:

PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6 371.443
PS3 Musou Orochi Z 217.978
PS3 Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires 127.739

are those considered as good numbers?
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
I don't know what to say about the status of the Wii in Japan if the benchmark used for its games is "not doing that badly compared to ps3 games" or "close to what the ps3 version did"
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Spiegel said:
I don't know want to say about the status of the Wii in Japan if the benchmark used for its games is "not doing that badly compared to ps3 games"
So you really think SW3 should do SW2 numbers? Do you think that would happen on any system, PS2, PSP, PS3 or anywhere else?



I think we can agree it should do better than it appears it is going to do, but I suspect you are inflating expectations just a tad.
 

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dec 17, 2008
11,738
0
0
Famitsu data:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|    |     [NDS] NSMB    |[WII] Mario Galaxy |  [WII] NSMB Wii   |       difference      |
|    |     (25/05/06)    |    (01/11/07)     |     (03/12/09)    |                       |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Week|  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |NSMBW-NSMB | NSMBW-SMG |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|  1 |  865.024|  865.024|  256.431|  256.431|  936.734|  936.734|     71.710|    680.393|
|  2 |  315.197|1.180.221|   78.439|  334.690|         |         |           |           |
|  3 |  242.932|1.423.153|   43.317|  378.007|         |         |           |           |
|  4 |  204.007|1.627.160|   37.484|  415.491|         |         |           |           |
|  5 |  169.852|1.797.012|   36.354|  451.845|         |         |           |           |
|  6 |  153.047|1.950.009|   48.750|  500.595|         |         |           |           |
|  7 |  132.375|2.082.434|   70.541|  571.136|         |         |           |           |
|  8 |  120.220|2.202.654|  109.029|  680.165|         |         |           |           |
|  9 |  146.837|2.349.491|   67.519|  747.684|         |         |           |           |
| 10 |  114.471|2.463.962|   62.017|  809.701|         |         |           |           |
| 11 |  103.008|2.566.970|   17.617|  827.318|         |         |           |           |
| 12 |  119.991|2.686.961|   16.643|  843.961|         |         |           |           |
| 13 |  115.335|2.802.296|    9.056|  853.017|         |         |           |           |
| 14 |   66.336|2.868.632|    7.234|  860.251|         |         |           |           |
| 15 |   72.235|2.940.867|    6.344|  866.595|         |         |           |           |
| 16 |   51.643|2.992.510|    5.868|  872.463|         |         |           |           |
| 17 |   52.070|3.044.580|    4.357|  876.820|         |         |           |           |
| 18 |   54.595|3.099.175|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 19 |   51.541|3.150.716|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 20 |   37.678|3.188.394|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 21 |   39.915|3.228.309|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 22 |   30.564|3.258.873|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 23 |   33.482|3.292.355|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 24 |   31.940|3.324.295|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 25 |   26.939|3.351.234|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 26 |   23.777|3.375.011|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 27 |   32.086|3.407.097|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 28 |   28.132|3.435.229|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 29 |   45.298|3.480.527|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 30 |   72.194|3.552.721|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 31 |  185.021|3.737.742|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
| 32 |   80.472|3.818.214|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
|Year|   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |NSMBW-NSMB | NSMBW-SMG |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|			
|  1 |3.818.214|3.818.214|  747.684|  747.684|  936.734|  936.734| -2.881.480|    189.050|
|  2 |1.176.939|4.995.153|  197.442|  945.106|         |         |           |           |
|  3 |  377.034|5.372.187|   19.308|  964.414|         |         |           |           |
|  4 |  203.000|5.575.000|        -|        -|         |         |           |           |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|---------|-----------|-----------|
| LTD|        -|5.575.000|        -|  964.414|        -|  936.734| -4.638.266|    -27.680|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Super Mario Bros. LTD is up to 29/11/09
Super Mario Galaxy LTD is up to 12/07/09
Mainline Mario entries (no remakes and re-releases)

01. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 6.810.000
02. [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 865.024 / 5.575.000
03. [NGB] Super Mario Land (Nintendo) - / 4.190.000
04. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - / 3.840.000
05. [SFC] Super Mario World (Nintendo) - / 3.550.000
06. [NGB] Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins (Nintendo) - / 2.700.000
07. [NFC] Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - / 2.650.000
08. [SFC] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (Nintendo) - / 1.770.000
09. [N64] Super Mario 64 (Nintendo) - 162.111 / 1.639.921
10. [NFC] Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - / 1.630.000
11. [NGB] Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land (Nintendo) - / 1.590.000
12. [WII] Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo) - 256.431 / 964.414
13. [WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Nintendo) - 936.734 / 936.734
14. [GCN] Super Mario Sunshine (Nintendo) - 280.610 / 789.989

New Super Mario Bros. Wii has already outsold Sunshine, next week it will outsell Galaxy and by the end of the year it will outsell 4 more games.
 

test_account

XP-39C²
Mar 22, 2007
23,613
2
1,000
Really great sales for New Super Mario Bros Wii i must say! :) Looking at the first day number (422k or so) of NSMBW, i am actually a bit surprised that NSMBW sold this much in it's first week. The sales more than doubled from the first day to the first week.

But when Super Smash Brothers Brawl managed to sell about 816k in its first week in late January on an about 5.2 million installbase, i guess that i shouldnt be very surprised that NSMBW had a good chance to outsell Super Smash Brothers Brawl in the first week when NSMBW was released in early December and on an about 8.7 (or maybe closer to 8.8) million installbase :) I guess that people in general in Japan shops more in early December compared to in late January at least?

I dont mean anything negative toward the sales success of NSMBW by saying these things just to underline that, i just mentioned them to say that i guess that i shouldnt be too surprised that NSMBW more than doubled it's sales from the first day to the first week :) But the NSMBW sales are really great i must say! I wonder how the Wii hardware sales will look like this week.

EDIT: I fixed some typos.

EDIT 2: I wrote a bit poorly what i ment, so i changed some text.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
schuelma said:
So you really think SW3 should do SW2 numbers? Do you think that would happen on any system, PS2, PSP, PS3 or anywhere else?



I think we can agree it should do better than it appears it is going to do, but I suspect you are inflating expectations just a tad.
I don't know if SW3 should do SW2 numbers, it's only that I find funny how the expectations have changed.

I mean, Koei is showing third parties how is done with the Wii because SW3 is going to do okay compared to PS3 games?
 

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sep 9, 2006
27,410
1
0
Spiegel said:
I don't know if SW3 should do SW2 numbers, it's only that I find funny how the expectations have changed.

I mean, Koei is showing third parties how is done with SW3 because the game is going to do okay compared to PS3 games?
Thats what you call being realistic, so yes.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
Spiegel said:
I mean, Koei is showing third parties how is done with SW3 because the game is going to do okay compared to PS3 games?
Stop attributing statements to my post I didn't make.

Re-read it- All I said was that Koei acted competently by not completely changing the gameplay and trying to appeal to a different audience.

That's it.

In comparison to SE with Crystal Bearers, yes, I think they "showed them how its done", to use your words- they brought a franchise to the Wii and kept what made it appealing.

They won't be rewarded with amazing sales but they aren't going to be smacked upside the head with a complete and utter disaster which is what would have happened if they had turned it into SW 3 Katana edition.
 

Spiegel

Member
Feb 20, 2007
7,957
0
970
Spain
schuelma said:
Stop attributing statements to my post I didn't make.

Re-read it- All I said was that Koei acted competently by not completely changing the gameplay and trying to appeal to a different audience.

That's it.

In comparison to SE with Crystal Bearers, yes, I think they "showed them how its done", to use your words- they brought a franchise to the Wii and kept what made it appealing.

They won't be rewarded with amazing sales but they aren't going to be smacked upside the head with a complete and utter disaster which is what would have happened if they had turned it into SW 3 Katana edition.
My initial statement wasn't for you. Did I quote you?

I was answering/giving an opinion to some posts in this thread without quoting anyone.
 

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Feb 11, 2007
21,700
0
0
nipponsalesage.blogspot.com
d+pad said:
I don't want the game myself, but if Nintendo doesn't release Mario Party 9 sometime next year they're completely nuts.

Anyway, if that was the case, wouldn't that be a bigger title (sales-wise) than a MH3G?

Probably
 

C.T.

Member
Apr 2, 2007
1,398
0
0
Germany
www.gamers-spirit.de
Spiegel said:
I don't know if SW3 should do SW2 numbers, it's only that I find funny how the expectations have changed.

I mean, Koei is showing third parties how is done with the Wii because SW3 is going to do okay compared to PS3 games?
Its not like Koei built a fanbase for their games on Wii.
 
Apr 17, 2005
6,476
0
1,340
JoshuaJSlone said:
More importantly is that it's doing okay compared to the vast majority of third-party Wii games. SW3 isn't a historical high for sure, but the evidence shows others are doing something worse.
Pretty sure you can't be an historical high when you are the historical low, yeah.
 
Jun 16, 2004
7,348
0
0
C.T. said:
Its not like Koei built a fanbase for their games on Wii.
Statements like this somewhat confuse me as to what the person is trying to say. How does one go about building a fanbase other than by releasing games? Then you have the other hand which is saying that the series is in decline because of overmilking. Or is the suggestion that they should have released SW3 on systems that already have a Musou presence?
 

Laguna

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
Die Squirrel Die said:
Statements like this somewhat confuse me as to what the person is trying to say. How does one go about building a fanbase other than by releasing games? Then you have the other hand which is saying that the series is in decline because of overmilking. Or is the suggestion that they should have released SW3 on systems that already have a Musou presence?
Koei released in the last 3 years about 6 Musou games on PS3, so a large part of the core fanbase is there. And then after 3 years there comes their first real effort on Wii. I think it´s only logical that it needs some time and effort to build a fanbase, especially when you released all your other games on other plattforms in the past 3 years.
 

Laguna

Banned
Dec 29, 2004
1,674
0
0
Regulus Tera said:
So basically NSMBW almost beat Galaxy's LTD in four days.
I really haven´t expected this demand either. Nintendo should really consider re-releasing Wario Land Shake It, sadly they won´t.