• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 1, 2017 (Jan 02 - Jan 08)

BriBri

Hmmm... actually it looks like Disgaea 5 is a complete package with all the DLC. The season pass for Disgaea 5 is still 4000yen, and the last set of DLC is only half a year old. Hmmmmm. 6000yen would be a better price, but yeah this doesn't seem so bad. Maybe. Still a high price for buy in though. I wonder if it'll be 6000yen on the eShop. Disgaea 5 was cheaper on PSN than it was at retail.
It's the same price on the eShop.

Fisico

So Nintendo is going for the 6000 yens pricepoint mostly, with some smaller 5000 yens games maybe, and 3rd party are more like 6000-9000 (Nobunaga is 10k but I think these were always expansive?)

Can we expect Minecraft to release at 3k yens then or will they go for 4k?

Also eating crows for Setsuna, but the game is likely there because it didn't cost anything to port it on Switch and it may help to know the hardware better.
As said above it's more some R&D for Switch and "why not releasing the game as well since it's cheap"
Unless it sells less than 10k I think we should expect the next Tokyo RPG Factory game to be PS4/Switch

Oregano

[PS3] Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)
[PSV] Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.12.17} (¥5.800)
[PSV] Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.12.17} (¥4.762)

[PS3] Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2011.02.24} (¥6.800)
[PSV] Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2014.01.30} (¥5.980)
[PSV] Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2014.01.30} (¥4.762)

[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance # <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2015.03.26} (¥7.200)
[PS4] Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2015.03.26} (¥5.713)

Gosh that's a bit cheeky of them then.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Nintendo first party pricing will be 1000 yen over 3DS and in line with Wii U, I don't think something different should be expected.

Jamix012

NIS was the last Japanese company I would expect to support Switch.

They don't want to lose their revenue from the handheld sector. With the Vita likely fading, they need to find an alternative there. I think we may see a few other, typically Vita, pubs move across.

noshten

Do we have numbers for MK8 DLC?
Because that could downtone MK8 sales appeal too

I think Nintendo hasn't released exact figures for MK8 DLC sales or at least I don't remember

I don't think we can really grasp MK8 Deluxe's appeal until we have all the information around what other enhancements are being made. There is a lot we don't know:

- Is there better and more complex UI for online
- How will the VC work during the trial period
- How many people can simultaneously play online via one or multiple switches
- How much does online cost and what exactly does it include
- More DLC in the works(I want a Splatoon track or cup, same for new Zelda and Mario)
- If there is more DLC will it be paid
etc

If Nintendo are treating this as a major release World Wide for their new handheld/console they definitely need to provide more details.

Anyhow threads are a mess right now.
Splatoon barely a sequel. MK8 being an awful value proposition etc
Switch should provide some good screenshot material

dracula_x

RIP Vita

sorry for the double post.

vJGBBU3.gif

I mean it's 2017.

or some people expected 10 years life cycle for Vita? :) Actually, it's a miracle that Vita still not discontinued.

Takao

Banned
It's only been 5 years since launch. PSP was still alive and kicking at 7-8 years.

PSP sold 20 million units in Japan and had Sony published releases up until Vita's launch. Sony hasn't published a new Japanese game for Vita since Oreshika in 2014. Their last retail release in general in Japan was Minecraft in 2015.

They don't want to lose their revenue from the handheld sector. With the Vita likely fading, they need to find an alternative there. I think we may see a few other, typically Vita, pubs move across.

Since Switch supports UE4, Unity and all the other modern stuff can run on it I'd expect most of them to move into Switch/PS4/PC games in the next few years.

Atlus seem to be the first with UE4 based SMT so I'll be very surprised if Sega doesn't push them into more platforms for western release.

wrowa

Isn't it built on a sony owned engine? Think I heard something about that.

Phyre Engine can be used on non-Sony platforms as well, but porting it to Switch for a Builders port might just be too much effort to be viable. KT's engine is working on Switch already anyway, since they're working on Fire Emblem Warriors as well, so a DQH port should be relatively inexpensive.

However, I expect Builders 2 to be announced relatively soon-ish anyway and I fully expect that to be on Switch as well.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think Nintendo hasn't released exact figures for MK8 DLC sales or at least I don't remember

I don't think we can really grasp MK8 Deluxe's appeal until we have all the information around what other enhancements are being made. There is a lot we don't know:

- Is there better and more complex UI for online
- How will the VC work during the trial period
- How many people can simultaneously play online via one or multiple switches
- How much does online cost and what exactly does it include
- More DLC in the works(I want a Splatoon track or cup, same for new Zelda and Mario)
- If there is more DLC will it be paid
etc

If Nintendo are treating this as a major release World Wide for their new handheld/console they definitely need to provide more details.

Anyhow threads are a mess right now.
Splatoon barely a sequel. MK8 being an awful value proposition etc
Switch should provide some good screenshot material

Yes topics are a mess
for example

Yet Sony are selling $65 colored DS4's and no one bats an eye.

Really
With all the issues, pro controller and battery critics left me speechless

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
DS4 is $47 on Amazon right now, and the DS4 comes with the PS4.

Tthe pro controller doesnt come with the Switch, they force us to buy the mini wii mote things, if you want the normal controller thats an extra $70.

A quick look shows that the blue and red DS4 can be bought for roughly $55 right now. If you want to compare the two you should compare the black ones which can be bought at sub $50.

I like the 360 and DS4, they feel good. I dont like motion controls and the grip looks like a cheap piece of plastic.

DS official price was 60 at launch
I am pretty sure after launch also the Switch one will be purchasable at a lower price than now pre launch

The fact that it comes as separate purchase doesnt matter because in the pack you have a controller and the grip make joycons normal controller (tons of impression out there ), motion control can also be not used in the grip configuration if the software doesnt require them
comprare the cost of the Pro with the free DS4 included in the ps4 box makes no sense

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Week 3, 2017 (Jan 16 - Jan 22)

new releases

{2017.01.18}
[3DS] Creeping Terror _3DS Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Mebius) (¥916)

{2017.01.18}
[3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World <ACT> (Nintendo) (¥4.700)
[3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Nintendo) (¥4.700)
[PSV] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega) (¥6.990)
[PSV] Valkyria Revolution (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Sega) (¥6.990)
[PSV] Hana Oboro: Sengoku Denranki # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Hana Oboro: Sengoku Denranki (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥8.300)
[PSV] Hana Oboro: Sengoku Denranki (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥5.800)
[PS4] Gravity Rush 2 <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥6.900)
[PS4] Gravity Rush 2 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥6.900)
[PS4] Valkyria Revolution <SLG> (Sega) (¥7.990)
[PS4] Valkyria Revolution (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <SLG> (Sega) (¥7.990)
[PS4] Birthdays the Beginning <ADV> (Arc System Works) (¥5.800)
[PS4] Birthdays the Beginning (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Arc System Works) (¥5.370)
[PS4] Arcade Archives: Arc Area <STG> (Hamster) (¥762)
___

YSO predictions

01. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 < 60k (average 55k)
02. [PS4] Valkyria Revolution < 45k (average 40k)
03. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World < 40k (average 35k)
03. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon < 40k (average 35k)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This was posted in the Tekken community thread but I'm not sure if it's an older comment. I couldn't see it when I went on their EU Facebook.

gU32IFk.jpg

Just checked, since I could finally find the actual FB page: it's from the Australian Bandai Namco official page, and it's an answer to someone who asked if Tekken 7 is coming as well.

https://www.facebook.com/BandaiNamcoAU/

If you can't check it because it redirects to your country's BN page, log out of Facebook.

Considering it's a social media person answering to someone about a game not officially announced for the platform yet, and with a standard PR response, I don't know if we should take it as an official denial of its release on the platform. At least for now. Hopefully this clarification is useful.

At this point, I'm expecting to be wrong on Tekken 7 on Switch anyway though. Hopefully, I'll be proven right or wrong soon enough

Also, an update on something I mentioned earlier

Well, there's this bit that needs to clarified: when the 3rd party segment was introduced, it was said that there are over 80 games in "active development". The problem is that it's unclear if that was a specific reference to third party games or in general (so, including Nintendo games). Anyway, even assuming Nintendo games are included, going by this

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1333617

There are at least 20 more titles, between Nintendo, indies and third party developers we're not aware of yet. Of course, the amount should increase as time goes by, but I wonder how many of these unannounced titles are from Japanese third party developers.

I've rewatched the Switch event segment where the 80+ titles in active development were mentioned, and Yoshiaki Koizumi said, right after mentioning that number, "so, today, we'd like to introduce just a few of them". This means that Nintendo games shouldn't be included in that amount, since he was strictly talking of third party games. In that case, we're around 30 titles (at least) yet to be unveiled, based on the list behind the link in the quote, more or less.

cheesekao

DS official price was 60 at launch
I am pretty sure after launch also the Switch one will be purchasable at a lower price than now pre launch

The fact that it comes as separate purchase doesnt matter because in the pack you have a controller and the grip make joycons normal controller (tons of impression out there ), motion control can also be not used in the grip configuration if the software doesnt require them
comprare the cost of the Pro with the free DS4 included in the ps4 box makes no sense
It makes sense because we're comparing the basic versions of both controllers. Controllers with premium colours costing more is nothing new. The DS4's price could be justified by the fact that it has gyro, a speaker, touch pad and light bar. What exactly does the Switch Pro controller have that could possibly justify its $70 price tag beyond gyro?

Also, I don't really care what other people's impressions are because based off personal experience, I am not a fan of my stick/nubs/whatever being directly below /above the d-pad/face buttons. If other people like it then good for them I guess.

Gaspard

It makes sense because we're comparing the basic versions of both controllers. Controllers with premium colours costing more is nothing new. The DS4's price could be justified by the fact that it has gyro, a speaker, touch pad and light bar. What exactly does the Switch Pro controller have that could possibly justify its $70 price tag beyond gyro?

Also, I don't really care what other people's impressions are because based off personal experience, I am not a fan of my stick/nubs/whatever being directly below /above the d-pad/face buttons. If other people like it then good for them I guess.

The pro controller has HD rumble, gyro and NFC.

Takao

Banned
01. [PS4] Gravity Rush 2 < 60k (average 55k)

That would be a 15-20k increase over the first, which would be fine
if you don't acknowledge GR2's been in development for nearly 5 years and that first debuted on Vita when there were fewer than a million units sold in Japan.

Oregano

The Pro has NFC and Haptic Feedback.
Also apparently battery life that isn't shit.

Ōkami

[PS3] Valkyria Chronicles - 77.694 / 242.823
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles II - 101.282 / 178.808
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles III - 108.895 / 170.580
[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - 22.261 / 44.083

[PSV] Gravity Rush - 40.466 / 101.032
[PS4] Gravity Rush Remastered - 23.199 / 31.690

[3DS] Yoshi's New Island - 66.225 / 258.847
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World - 33.821 / 101.875

cheesekao

I personally don't, which is why I won't be buying a pro controller. That's why it's so expensive though.
I can see how those would make it cost more than the Wii U Pro controller but more than a DS4 with all the doodads tacked onto it? Seems like Nintendo just wants some high profit margins. Of course, the HD rumble thing could be expensive tech but we'll never really know.

Oregano

&#332;kami;228418906 said:
[PS3] Valkyria Chronicles - 77.694 / 242.823
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles II - 101.282 / 178.808
[PSP] Valkyria Chronicles III - 108.895 / 170.580
[PS4] Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - 22.261 / 44.083

[PSV] Gravity Rush - 40.466 / 101.032
[PS4] Gravity Rush Remastered - 23.199 / 31.690

[3DS] Yoshi's New Island - 66.225 / 258.847
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World - 33.821 / 101.875

Hmm with those numbers Yoshi could actually outsell the Wii U version(not that it's an achievement really).

noshten

What are the expectations for DQ Heroes on the Switch. I'm wondering if 4 player co-op and portability enough to get some decent sales for Square.
How much do such spin offs generally do on 3ds?

Hmm with those numbers Yoshi could actually outsell the Wii U version(not that it's an achievement really).

Yikes.... the Wii U version did a lot in the West

duckroll

What are the expectations for DQ Heroes on the Switch. I'm wondering if 4 player co-op and portability enough to get some decent sales for Square.
How much do such spin offs generally do on 3ds?

It's 8800yen for a year old game and a two year old game. It's probably not going to do much.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I imagine the system will just primarily sell to people who want Zelda.

Well, if that's the case in Japan the system won't even have a good launch week, much less survive until Splatoon 2.

duckroll

On the other hand, not sure how many better options there are for launch owners...

As the WiiU and PS4 software sales have shown us thus far, consumers are happy buying systems for key titles they want and ignoring everything else even if they have "nothing to play", so I think the argument that just because the lineup is thin, that people will be forced to attach themselves to weak software, is a fallacy.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
As the WiiU and PS4 software sales have shown us thus far, consumers are happy buying systems for key titles they want and ignoring everything else even if they have "nothing to play", so I think the argument that just because the lineup is thin, that people will be forced to attach themselves to weak software, is a fallacy.

I'm not trying to claim it will be a hit or anything- but if the system has a decent launch I would assume something like DQ Heroes might benefit since the launch lineup is so weak. Shrug.

duckroll

I'm not trying to claim it will be a hit or anything- but if the system has a decent launch I would assume something like DQ Heroes might benefit since the launch lineup is so weak. Shrug.

Yes and I'm saying that actual numbers today show otherwise. The PS4 is having great weeks lately. It got good bumps during the Slim and Pro launches. Yet you don't see new software releases really benefiting from that. People aren't rushing to buy Yakuza 6.

It was the same during the WiiU. When big Nintendo titles came out, you see a hardware bump. Then smaller software come out and no one buys it. W101 bombs. Bayonetta 2 bombs. It's not like they were facing tough competition with other WiiU titles which were more attractive.

Top Bottom