• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 10, 2016 (Mar 07 - Mar 13)

PSP La Corda d'Oro ? / 5,047
PSP La Corda d'Oro 2 f 16,199
PSP La Corda d'Oro 3 18,575
PSV La Corda d'Oro 4 17.521

Seems alright to me. Not counting all the other crap that that got made for this IP, lol

PSP La Corda d'Oro 2 f: Encore 12,583
PSP La Corda d'Oro 3: Full Voice Special 7,328
PSP La Corda d'Oro 3: Another Sky feat. Jinnan 10,275
PSP La Corda d'Oro 3: Another Sky feat. Shiseikan 10,232
PSP La Corda d'Oro 3: Another Sky feat. Amane Gakuen 11,297
3DS La Corda d'Oro 3: Full Voice Special 2,369

Also, Attack on Titan is the 43rd Vita game to pass 100k on Media Create by my count (combining SKU's), for anyone interested. And Minecraft passed 100k so far this year.

La Corda d'Oro 4 did quite well even though it will not have the same legs as its predecessors because of installed base. It's one of the few otome series that didn't collapse on PSV.

Sterok

07./00. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} (¥5.985) - 30.264 / NEW

02./00. [WIU] Hyrule Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.14} (¥7.980) - 69.090 / NEW <57,33%>

02./00. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2016.03.10} (¥5.700) - 52.282 / NEW

tumblr_nkvm0t3d4s1u1ry24o1_400.gif

With western games consistently succeeding now, I wonder if more JP console games are going to start to draw on them more often.

Dystify

sold less than ww on a bigger userbase
didn't move hardware
i'd say it's less than what nintendo expected

It couldn't have moved a lot of new hardware if there are shortages. Even so, I don't think it's the type of game that'd move lots of hardware in the first place. It didn't sell less than WWHD in its first week, it sold 22k units more.

I think it did quite well. The amiibo probably played a role in this though.

DKHF

sold less than ww on a bigger userbase
didn't move hardware
Wind Waker HD did 30,264 first week, TP sold 20k more... Unless you are talking about its sales in proportion to the Wii U's installbase now vs September 2013 (when WW HD launched)

Madao

07./00. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} (¥5.985) - 30.264 / NEW

02./00. [WIU] Hyrule Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.14} (¥7.980) - 69.090 / NEW <57,33%>

02./00. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2016.03.10} (¥5.700) - 52.282 / NEW

With western games consistently succeeding now, I wonder if more JP console games are going to start to draw on them more often.

it's interesting to see this.
maybe some of the people that passed on TP initially decided to give it a try in HD (original TP sold over 200k less than original TWW)

sense

expected a slight bump in ps4 hardware but good sales for division. nice to see attack on titan still hanging around.

if only square had done meaningful post launch support for dqb combined with price cuts, it could have had longer legs

Kathian

Banned
Not years if any shortages for Wii U in Europe/America. Seems odd. Maybe NX launching first in Japan and Nintendo is just optimising supply bynmaking sure Wii U is more available abroad.

expected a slight bump in ps4 hardware but good sales for division. nice to see attack on titan still hanging around.

if only square had done meaningful post launch support for dqb combined with price cuts, it could have had longer legs

SQEX cannot do price cuts at this point of the game lifetime. It can do a Best Version with a budget price later on, but right now the pricing power of shipped copies is in the hands of retailers (they can do discount if there are many unsold units), while it doesn't make sense to drop the price of new copies of such a new game (licensing fee are presumably too high).

hiska-kun

sold less than wwhd with a bigger userbase
didn't move hardware

[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2016.03.10} (¥5.700) - 52.282 / NEW

That's what I call a bomba:

[WIU] Bayonetta 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.09.20} (¥8.316) - 38.828 / NEW <67,29%>
[WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 35.717 / NEW <35,28%>
[WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996) - 32.137 / NEW
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} (¥6.156) - 31.158 / NEW
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} (¥5.985) - 30.264 / NEW
[WIU] Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥7.236) - 26.340 / NEW

Zelda TP did better and it's a remaster, while the others were completely new games...
Zelda did alright for what is it

Vinnk

21./29. [WII] Momotaro Dentetsu 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki [1/1][Nintendo Selects] <TBL> (Hudson) {2011.01.20} (¥2.667) - 3.774 / 304.918 <80-100%> (+3%)

The true champion. Renewing my question, why this sudden popularity again?

OK, I meant to post this earlier, but there is an explanation. There is a famous TV program in Japan called Ametoku. My wife watches this one a lot. They like to do crazy themes and the guests often dress up in costumes. For example, there are episodes all about Dragonball or Doraemon or some non-anime nostalgic topic. Sometimes it's also about games. Last year they had an episode about Mario. See below. Yes that is Arino from GameCenter CX. Sorry for the bad images, I just aimed my camera at the TV:

c7BaI6G.jpg

2 or 3 months ago it was Street Fighter II. This one was really funny a lot of the guys were recounting how when they were Jr. High students they would do high kicks and pause to try to see Chun Lee's underpants:

IhB29Sc.jpg

And a few weeks ago it was.. you guessed it.. Momotaro Dentetsu.

Z8imkgU.jpg

They mostly used clips from the Wii game. And showed celebrities playing it. This was super effective in bringing up the nostalgia factor for previous players of the long-running series and also introducing it to a new generation.

It's not just the Wii game selling well, most sores in my town are sold out of the old games in the series too. I know this because my daughter was influenced by the program and wanted to play one of the games. We couldn't find any console versions at the stores we went to but she found the Gameboy version of game 2.

MOtMV94.jpg

She was very happy.

Later I found a loose copy of the Super Famicom one as well.

7Z3KB8M.jpg

We have been playing that.

These games used to be super common but people have been buying them up since this show aired.

So yeah.. Momotaro Dentetsu is super hot right now. Too bad it's maker, Hudson Soft, got bought out by a pachinko company. :(

Shahed

Best sidekick deserves it!

So yeah.. Momotaro Dentetsu is super hot right now. Too bad it's maker, Hudson Soft, got bought out by a pachinko company. :(

Many, many thanks for the explanation.

So it's not only the show making the game popular again but also the fact that the franchise is well beloved, and nostalgia is playing a role. Being a constant presence in weekly charts, after many weeks the show aired, is surely something.

Vinnk

Many, many thanks for the explanation.

So it's not only the show making the game popular again but also the fact that the franchise is well beloved, and nostalgia is playing a role. Being a constant presence in weekly charts, after many weeks the show aired, is surely something.

Yeah, my guess is the show reminded people how good the games were and word of mouth has been keeping it selling.

The percents in the Famitsu Sales numbers represents the percent of shipment sold, right? Since Summon Night 6's Vita sku was at <80-100%> doesn't that mean it probably sold out?

mrmickfran

[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2016.03.10} (¥5.700) - 52.282 / NEW

That's what I call a bomba:

[WIU] Bayonetta 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.09.20} (¥8.316) - 38.828 / NEW <67,29%>
[WIU] Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze <ACT> (Nintendo) {2014.02.13} (¥5.985) - 35.717 / NEW <35,28%>
[WIU] Kirby and the Rainbow Curse <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.01.22} (¥3.996) - 32.137 / NEW
[WIU] Yoshi's Woolly World # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2015.07.16} (¥6.156) - 31.158 / NEW
[WIU] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD <ADV> (Nintendo) {2013.09.26} (¥5.985) - 30.264 / NEW
[WIU] Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem # <RPG> (Nintendo) {2015.12.26} (¥7.236) - 26.340 / NEW

Zelda TP did better and it's a remaster, while the others were completely new games...
Zelda did alright for what is it
Bayo 2 did better than Tokyo Mirage Sessions? LOL

ethomaz

Banned
Another place Division sold way less than Destiny (almost half).

Ubisoft where I can find these sales you are grabbing about lately?

Yeah, my guess is the show reminded people how good the games were and word of mouth has been keeping it selling.

This is perfect for Nintendo as they're said to be reviving it themselves. They just need to go through with it. :p Hopefully it's an NX launch title as that could help both ways; sell hardware and I think it's too late on Wii U and 3DS. Well, maybe not 3DS, but I think it'd be a better idea to get it on new hardware personally.

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Another place Division sold way less than Destiny (almost half).

Ubisoft where I can find these sales you are grabbing about lately?

We know digital sales for The Division are huge, since it did very good on PC. But again, i'm sure USA sales for The Division are gonna be very surprised for most of you.

What released last year on PS4?

Yakuza which sold over 90,000 on PS4... But in general, march 2015 was all weeks an insane month for PS4, this is not even the stronger week ( lasts 2 weeks of March 2015 PS4 sold over 45K )

It'll be interesting to see whether Nintendo plans in reviving the franchise materialize, and how the new game will be received. A late-2016 3DS for the holiday season might be a good seller (180-200k was a lock for recent previous entries).

Can you give a chart with numbers that shows which series that have collapsed?

You know that he won't, it's Pennywise.

For example, Diabolik Lovers went from 40k units on PSP to 17k units on PSV (considering the first entry and its direct sequel; the fandisc of the first entry sold 23k units on PSP, while fandiscs on PSV barely scratched 10k units). Hakuoki went from 40-80k units on PSP to barely 9k units on PSV - admittedly, PSV saw basically expansions of PSP games, but many PSP games were expansions of PS2 entries and the former sold well anyway; there's an Hakuoki that reimagined the story in a school-modern setting but it didn't go above 30k units. Amnesia went from 25-46k units on PSP to 16k units on PSV. Norn9 went from 20k units on PSP to 7k units on PSV.

The percents in the Famitsu Sales numbers represents the percent of shipment sold, right? Since Summon Night 6's Vita sku was at <80-100%> doesn't that mean it probably sold out?

Nope. The sell-through might be closer to 80% than 100%, which means there is still availability of copies in stores.

horuhe

Much better than we expected here. Good to see that remaster doing so well.
21./29. [WII] Momotaro Dentetsu 2010: Sengoku Ishin no Hero Daishuugou! no Maki [1/1][Nintendo Selects] <TBL> (Hudson) {2011.01.20} (¥2.667) - 3.774 / 304.918 <80-100%> (+3%)
Nostalgia feelings, now with legs.
25./00. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.11.06} (¥7.900) - 3.612 / 326.517 <80-100%>
The Division is being quite exposed at Bic Camera. One interesting thing is that Call of Duty is moving some units, also.
I called it!

--------

Puzzle and Dragons X pre-orders up now, at Sofmap.

crinale

PS4 is stabilizing a bit stronger than I expected.
And Nintendo, way to go blowing the chance of selling WiiUs at the most desired market
:(

there's an Hakuoki that reimagined the story in a school-modern setting but it didn't go above 30k units on PSV.

Just FYI, end of 2014 figure for this game was: 33,574 (superior tracker :p)

None of the otome games on Vita seem to be having the "legs" they were having on PSP (even though non-existent on PSP really), but it's too early to check for a lot of these without updated 2015 top 1000 for starters (otome support didn't really start properly until mid 2014).

Not that I'm expecting much different really.

casiopao

Thanks a lot for the info there.^_^ Vinnk. Japanese market really puts word of mouth marketing to the next level here.^_^ I still kinda remember here that when Game Center CX is getting popular there, there is kinda funny thing happen by Japanese gamers who end up going back to look for the games he played there.^_^

It'll be interesting to see whether Nintendo plans in reviving the franchise materialize, and how the new game will be received. A late-2016 3DS for the holiday season might be a good seller (180-200k was a lock for recent previous entries).

Yup. I actually thing, Nintendo can actually try to improve their relation with 3rd party here by co-owning some IP which is suitable for Nintendo ecosystem here. ^_^(I just want Bomberman released again here.T_T)

test_account

XP-39C²
You know that he won't, it's Pennywise.
All these otome games going from 15k on PSP to 10k on PSV is such an interesting topic, thanks god 3DS softwares are selling well.
Well, at least i've asked :)

For example, Diabolik Lovers went from 40k units on PSP to 17k units on PSV (considering the first entry and its direct sequel; the fandisc of the first entry sold 23k units on PSP, while fandiscs on PSV barely scratched 10k units). Hakuoki went from 40-80k units on PSP to barely 9k units on PSV - admittedly, PSV saw basically expansions of PSP games, but many PSP games were expansions of PS2 entries and the former sold well anyway; there's an Hakuoki that reimagined the story in a school-modern setting but it didn't go above 30k units. Amnesia went from 25-46k units on PSP to 16k units on PSV. Norn9 went from 20k units on PSP to 7k units on PSV.
Thanks. Are those new games or ports? And are those numbers LTD from Dengeki? (dont they track Otomoe games every month?). But if they are ports, especially 3rd time ports (and 2nd time on a portable system), sales would be expected to be much lower. I dont think i would concidered that as a collapse in that sense. Same thing with Twilight Princess now for example. Sold over 550k on Wii alone, but the LTD on WiiU might not be 100k. I wouldnt concider that as a collapse.

Top Bottom