• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2012 (Apr 23 - Apr 29)

01./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City <STG> (Capcom) {2012.04.26} (¥6.990) - 252.525 / NEW
08./00. [360] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City <STG> (Capcom) {2012.04.26} (¥6.990) - 16.285 / NEW

/sigh seriously guys? Seriously.../sigh

03./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening <SLG> (Nintendo) {2012.04.19} (¥4.800) - 60.313 / 302.913 (-75%)

Not bad FE. Not bad. Note for next week: Appears some places won't have stock till Saturday.

04./00. [PSV] Ciel Nosurge: Ushinawareta Hoshi e Sasagu Uta # <ADV> (Gust) {2012.04.26} (¥5.040) - 33.324 / NEW

You boosted Vita. Your cool bro-

10./00. [3DS] Dynasty Warriors Vs. <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2012.04.26} (¥6.090) - 15.578 / NEW

Ow? Or not? Whats the history to this? Is it a port?

09./03. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800) - 15.696 / 1.534.999 (+8%)
11./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G # <ACT> (Capcom) {2011.12.10} (¥5.800) - 13.578 / 1.416.873 (+4%)
14./08. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 11.666 / 1.672.424 (+7%)
15./07. [3DS] Kid Icarus: Uprising <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.03.22} (¥5.800) - 11.537 / 243.095 (+6%)

Its official! Kid Icarus has the legs! Keep stretching them!

KH is a flop it seems. Suppose thats good for fans, they might finally get KH3, but is it too late and have people generally just lost faith/got bored with the series?

Look at those hardware sales!
3DS holds up okay despite FE being the main boost last week. PSP doubles! (Seriously Sony bring out a PSP2 that uses Vita cards but runs PSP games and UMD's, then make all new PSP games use a Vita card and be compatible with Vita. It'll work!) PS3 up nicely. Vita above 10k! Wii up! Even DS is fucking up!

Whats that all about?

duckroll

I guess RE fans all over the world including Japan just really, really want the games on consoles. Capcom should definitely reconsider any future substantial support on portables if this is the case.

zroid

Banned
Someone needs to put the word out to Japan at-large that ORC is not a Japanese game. That'll snuff out the sales right quick.

mclem

Excellent second-week sales for Fire Emblem. Wonder how long it can hang around near the Trinity for.

Same goes for KI, but the fact that it went *up* this week is hugely encouraging.

muu

not sure if you guys are being serious about ORC. Sequels sell, there's tons of games that show this. Even shitty sequels sell, games like FF8 show this. A lot of people don't even check something as simple as metacritic reviews, Japan doesn't even have a reliable review outlet/aggregate to speak of (not that metacritic is any good, but you're left to either trust gut instincts or Famitsu). A more interesting topic would be how badly this will hurt the brand, and therefore future sales of RE6.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Someone needs to put the word out to Japan at-large that ORC is not a Japanese game. That'll snuff out the sales right quick.

If Amazon ratings are anything to go by, it'll drop a lot next week.

duckroll

If Amazon ratings are anything to go by, it'll drop a lot next week.

Even if it does, it has already outsold Revelation's lifetime sales in just the first week. I don't think anyone really expected it here. Especially for Japan.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I guess RE fans all over the world including Japan just really, really want the games on consoles. Capcom should definitely reconsider any future substantial support on portables if this is the case.

Does this mean that RE:R will have an inevitable home console port? :p

turnbuckle

I thought the doom and gloom about the Vita was overblown and that it'd start showing signs of strength; nice to see my prediction come to fruition.

jakncoke

Banned
05./00. [PSP] Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child!! <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.04.26} (¥6.279) - 29.846 / NEW

:me :me :me

A PS Vita that could play physical PSP games. That would sell huge, right? Wonder why Sony didn't want to do that.

That would almost certainly not sell huge. I'd say that would make the Vita an even less attractive product. Just the thought of having a useless, bulky UMD drive on there makes want to throw my Vita out of the window.

Cygnus X-1

RE5 opening was 320k. It's LTD 520k. ORC's opening is less consistent, but still.....it's huge for a spin-off.

The problem I see now with the fanbase buying this crap is that Capcom will bring even more low-budget RE games on consoles, instead of making just more good RE games and reconsidering big-budget handheld support. This sure would be less expensive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Even if it does, it has already outsold Revelation's lifetime sales in just the first week. I don't think anyone really expected it here. Especially for Japan.

Yeah, still it's absolutely surprising. It seems it catered both RE fanbase on console AND COD fanbase.

duckroll

Someone should check and see if cvxfreak accidentally bought an entire warehouse full of ORCs in Japan. That might explain it.

EXGN

Dat ORC. How can that do better than Vanquish, Binary Domain and the legions of other decent shooters the Japanese audience snubbed? /rhetorical question.

01./00. [PS3] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City <STG> (Capcom) {2012.04.26} (¥6.990) - 252.525 / NEW

08./00. [360] Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City <STG> (Capcom) {2012.04.26} (¥6.990) - 16.285 / NEW

360 owners with superior taste confirmed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dat ORC. How can that do better than Vanquish, Binary Domain and the legions of other decent shooters the Japanese audience snubbed? /rhetorical question.

Brand name and probably marketing.

Don't worry, now I'm convinced that Lost Planet 3 will light the charts on fire. Japan just doesn't give a fuck like the rest of the world.

A Resident Evil that sells well on the platform where RE5 was released and it sold almost a million units? Weird :p

Zen

Banned
That would almost certainly not sell huge. I'd say that would make the Vita an even less attractive product. Just the thought of having a useless, bulky UMD drive on there makes want to throw my Vita out of the window.

I would have allowed every PSP release to also be a PSV release for the casual masses. Even if it was a specialty model for Japan. The lack of a smooth transition for existing PSP owners has really hurt them.

Like the rest of the world? ORC was pretty big outside of Japan too wasn't it?

Well yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I can kinda see why ORC sold well in the US and the UK, but Japan buying that crap is shocking to me. Which is why I half-jokingly said that Lost Planet 3 could be a big deal in Japan, too.

duckroll

Well yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I can kinda see why ORC sold well in the US and the UK, but Japan buying that crap is shocking to me. Which is why I half-jokingly said that Lost Planet 3 could be a big deal in Japan, too.

But will Lost Planet 3 be a big seller anywhere? Unlike RE, the brand doesn't have much traction.

Nekki

This right here should be a wake up call to developers and to Sony about the Vita. If good games come, it seems it will sell at normal levels (I doubt it'd catch the 3DS' levels).

Somehow, they must ensure better support starting on the second half of 2012, if it's not too late.

Also, I botched all of my predictions lol, I didn't expect the week to end up being like this.

Bruno MB

The Resident Evil brand is on fire. Its heavy-action focus to appeal to the western market didn't go against the Japanese market as we especially saw with Resident Evil 5. It must be the exception that proves the rule xD

Resident Evil 6 will be incredibly huge. I can totally see it debuting with over 500,000 units.

Cygnus X-1

This is when kids get their money and are able to buy whatever. It's well timed actually.

I wonder what are the benefices in having low stock during the week though. I mean: this way I don't see sales to potentially increase. Having the possibility to buy the game 7 days a week is better than just 2 days. Even if these two days are the most important.

Your right ofc...its a shame and I still hope Capcom try Revelations 2 later in the 3DS life-span, but it seems people are looking for the console based experience.

So Fire Emblem did go over 300k last week. I guess they finally got the bundled numbers?

It was 242k last week, so no it rose to 300k with this weeks figures. No sign of the bundles.
I don't think they've been counted though. Otherwise 3DS sales would have fallen much harder this week post-FE Launch.

But will Lost Planet 3 be a big seller anywhere? Unlike RE, the brand doesn't have much traction.

Lost Planet 2 sold reasonably well in Japan at least. Better than Binary Domain and Vanquish. And again, I'm not being really serious here. I'm just drawing this comparison because it's another shitty, outsourced shooter from Capcom that nobody (seemingly) asked for; and I'm a tiny bit mad right now!

Top Bottom