• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2013 (Apr 22 - Apr 28)

Mario007

Well they would have to change pricing policy a bit to handheld at minimal profit and then rip people off with docking bay and other accessories.
Of all the problems that Vita has, dev costs don't seem to be one of them. The problem is that the developers that do develop games for it are smaller so the production values aren't as high as they could be.

jcm

I'm not sure if I would say they've been beefing up their studios significantly since 2008. Nintendo is always hiring, that's for sure, and they hire new staff every year. But as far as exponentially increasing resources, there isn't an over abundant amount of evidence. Nintendo did buy a third building in Kyoto that can house 1500+ personnel a top of their other two Kyoto buildings. But who knows really what Iwata has planned there.

They went from fewer than 3000 employees to more than 5000. That seems significant to me.

My goodness, I can't imagine Nintendo releasing an overpriced handheld or an underpowered console.

They've never released one machine that fits both those roles, though. I think the combo machine some here dream about would be a disaster for them.

VAPitts

Seriously, I prefer hurting my eyes with a grater instead of reading your posts.

the feeling is mutual, even though i used to like your post until u started following the flock in this thread.

but seriously, why is it that you guys think everything u say is fact? answer that for me? i know it's your opinion i'm not stupid. but because you feel it necessary to give into peer pressure, you've all turned into jerks. this was the only thread I had no problem coming to on this ass backward forum and now it's just a shallow and superficial as the other worthless threads.

don't get mad at me because i call you out on your obvious BS. but because i don't blow the same horn as you guys i'm the enemy. thus you go crying to the mod to get me banned. u say it's a discussion but yet when somebody doesn't agree you don't like it. w/e

the feeling is mutual, even though i used to like your post until u started following the flock in this thread.

but seriously, why is it that you guys think everything u say is fact? answer that for me? i know it's your opinion i'm not stupid. but because you feel it necessary to give into peer pressure, you've all turned into jerks. this was the only thread I had no problem coming to on this ass backward forum and now it's just a shallow and superficial as the other worthless threads.

don't get mad at me because i call you out on your obvious BS. but because i don't blow the same horn as you guys i'm the enemy. thus you go crying to the mod to get me banned. u say it's a discussion but yet when somebody doesn't agree you don't like it. w/e

lmao, so you were happy to come here when Nintendo was doing well basically, but now that they are performing like shit you are having a meltdown. If you think these threads are worthless stop fucking posting. There are multiple discussions running in this thread and you never contribute to a single one of them and only whine that people are not talking nice about Nintendo. If you want to discuss something, discuss it but I doubt it will amount to anything more than "NIntendo is DA BEST!"

Thorgal

nsttADDl.png

Bruno MB

01./01. [3DS] Friend Collection: New Life # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2013.04.18} (¥4.800) - 191.862 / 754.628 <80-100%> (+26%)

Not bad although I expected an even bigger bump.

Of all the problems that Vita has, dev costs don't seem to be one of them. The problem is that the developers that do develop games for it are smaller so the production values aren't as high as they could be.

You seem to be making an implicit assumption here that dev costs have nothing to do with which developers choose to support Vita, and I don't really agree.

Obviously, Vita's high specs aren't a barrier to indies, Japanese niche devs, and others who generally don't care about pushing hardware - PS3's certainly aren't, either, and PS4's won't be - but I think the high budget ceiling of what's technically possible on the platform is at least a key factor in SCEJ's failure to secure console-style exclusives akin to those that made up most of PSP's best sellers there.

wrowa

u say it's a discussion but yet when somebody doesn't agree you don't like it.

You are missing the point, but I'll explain it to you: No one has anything against diverting opinions. To the contrary, that's what makes these threads fun in the first place. However, the most important part of a dicussion is the use of an argument to make your point.

You are succesfully avoiding to do that and as such your posts mostly boil down to mad screaming devoid of any content worth discussing about.

Top Bottom