• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 2, 2012 (Jan 09 - Jan 15)

mclem

Wait MH Tri G got back to second place? Oh dear.

To be fair, I think specific *places* aren't terribly relevant for the big three. They seem to be fairly firmly ensconsced in the 'top three non new-entry spots' for the forseeable future, but the actual places they have have nothing to do with them and everything to do with whether there's any major *other* releases to move them down.

When we see a game that breaks them up that's not a brand new release, that's when we might be able to see a decline. I can't see one in the imminent future, at least.

Capcom's goal was 1.2M by the end of March, wasn't it? I'd estimate we might be looking at about 1.5-1.6M or so instead?

Etrian Odyssey had pretty incredible legs back in the day. I doubt the same will be true for BtL, but there is a precedent for this type of game to do pretty well over time.
Of course, EO was also a fantastic game and probably undershipped in its first week. No sure how strong the word of mouth for BtL will be.

Spiegel

Capcom's goal was 1.2M by the end of March, wasn't it? I'd estimate we might be looking at about 1.5-1.6M or so instead?

Depending on this week's % drop 1.25-1.3M sold and ~1.4M shipped by March seems more likely

I don't think so.
We don't know Konami expectations, btw.
If it's well received, word-of-mouth can help to pull decent numbers (50k?), a nice start for a new IP.

50k LTD is not a nice start for a new IP from a major publisher.

How did Frontier Gate do 1st week and lifetime? That probably should've been a bit more marketable given the established platform, holiday season and more popular genre, but maybe it's a good indicator for the range we should be looking at?

Alrus

How did Frontier Gate do 1st week and lifetime? That probably should've been a bit more marketable given the established platform, holiday season and more popular genre, but maybe it's a good indicator for the range we should be looking at?

I think it did about 20k first week and ended with 60k LTD.

Kenka

Garaph is one click away.

Frontier Gate sold 56k LTD according to it. You may be able to look for sales week after week with some SQL-fu or by browsing the previous weeks threads (it's still brand new). I didn't exactly set the charts on fire.

I just checked Garaph and apparently Family Fishing is at 72,000 as of Jan 2nd, which is odd since I don't recall us getting an updated number at that point. Was that from MC, Famitsu, or Dengeki?

Edit: Ahh, okay, just checked its page on the site and that number is actually from Oct 31st from Famitsu. Who knows where it's at now.

I just checked Garaph and apparently Family Fishing is at 72,000 as of Jan 2nd, which is odd since I don't recall us getting an updated number at that point. Was that from MC, Famitsu, or Dengeki?

Edit: Ahh, okay, just checked its page on the site and that number is actually from Oct 31st from Famitsu. Who knows where it's at now.

Well over 100k since it made numerous appearances in the Top50 during holidays (where sales are generally higher): Glad for Naka, the game seems very nice (even though no PAL release yet).

Probably more like double that by now

I would've guessed around 100k, but hey, if it's around 140k, much better. :p I'd love to hear Naka's opinion on the sales, huge turn around from Tap and Ivy.

Well over 100k since it made numerous appearances in the Top50 during holidays (where sales are generally higher): Glad for Naka, the game seems very nice (even though no PAL release yet).

Not just during the holidays, but it's still in the top 50 regularly!

I would've guessed around 100k, but hey, if it's around 140k, much better. :p I'd love to hear Naka's opinion on the sales, huge turn around from Tap and Ivy.

In week 50 it did at least 10k and in week 51 at least 7k (probably much more) so its surely well over 100k by now

What we can say for sure about it and anything else that didn't make the Famitsu Top 100: As of December 25 it was below 123,347.

Top Bottom