• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 20, 2012 (May 14 - May 20)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
3DS gained 10k. Preparations for Dragon Quest, 3DS' body is ready.

Bruno MB

Really great figures for Dragon's Dogma, it is the best-selling debut for a console new rpg IP since Kingdom Hearts in 2002.

Impressive numbers from DD but am i the only surprised by how little it bumped PS3 hardware?

HW sales all round this week are pretty damn terrible except for the 3DS, then again i guess this will probably be the case every week for quite a while.

muu

Kid Icarus lasted longer than I thought it would.

Also, so much for the whole '500K preorder' thing w/ DD, even though numbers are impressive regardless.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
New IP debuts over 330k in the last 10 years in Japan:
Onimusha (517k)
Devil May Cry (353k)

Do-you-count-this-as-a-new-IP debuts over 330k in the last 10 years in Japan:
Samurai Warriors (627k)
Love and Berry DS (425k)
Kingdom Hearts (411k)

I see a few other Musou games that I can't tell if they count or not--Warriors Orochi, One Piece Musou, Fist of the North Star Musou.

So I would say that if you remove ambiguous cases, this is the third-best new IP since the beginning of the PS2.

muu

Gone gone, or 'Out of the top 10 in a week with a ton of releases' gone?

4gamer's site has the top20. Most likely shoved out due to the high number of releases this week, but considering Terry's coming out next week and Pokemon a couple weeks after it's questionable whether it'll be able to make a comeback again (though you can argue that Harvest Moon's done that for months).

New thread coming btw?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Kid Icarus should still be in the 4k range, seeing the fuckload of new entries.

Top Bottom