• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 23, 2011 (June 6 - June 13)

Huff

Banned
idwl said:
Why such a low week? 3DS should be on top with zelda releasing next week. (lets hope)
I hope not. Keep the message to Nintendo the same: bad sales until new quality games.

iidesuyo

I know it's been asked before but why do >a thousand people week after week still buy the PS2 new? Wouldn't be to surprised if it lives longer than the Wii.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
BroHuffman said:
I hope not. Keep the message to Nintendo the same: bad sales until new quality games.
Yes, Nintendo will cancel all their New titles in development because the 3ds will sell 10k more than usual next week .....

Laguna

Banned
Are there any games that can change PSPs downward trend in the next weeks? FFType0 was supposed to be a summer release but who knows if they changed their plans?

@BroHuffman
bravo...

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Next week's releases {2011.06.23}

[3DS] Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions | ACT | (Bandai Namco) | ¥5.040 |
[3DS] Fish Eyes 3D | ETC | (Marvelous Entertainment) | ¥3.990 |

[NDS] Prince of Tennis Gyutto! Doki-Doki Survival - Survival Umi to Yama no Love | ADV | (Konami) | ¥5.250 |
[NDS] Maru Goukaku: Shikaku Dasshu! 2011-Nendohan - Financial Planner Ginou Kentei Shiken 2-Kyuu/3-Kyuu | EDU | (MediaFive) | ¥4.800 |

[PSP] Gundam: Memories of the Battle | ACT | (Bandai Namco) | ¥6.279 |
[PSP] Steins;Gate # | ADV | (5pb.) | ¥6.090 |
[PSP] Steins;Gate [Limited Edition] | ADV | (5pb.) | ¥8.190 |
[PSP] Gloria Union | RPG | (Atlus Co.) | ¥6.279 |
[PSP] Mother Goose no Himitsu no Yakata # | ADV | (QuinRose) | ¥5.700 |
[PSP] Mother Goose no Himitsu no Yakata [Limited Edition] | ADV | (QuinRose) | ¥8.925 |

[WII] Earth Seeker | ACT | (Kadokawa Shoten) | ¥7.140 |

[PS3] Atelier Meruru: The Alchemist of Arland 3 # | RPG | (Gust) | ¥7.140 |
[PS3] Atelier Meruru: The Alchemist of Arland 3 [Premium Box] | RPG | (Gust) | ¥10.290 |
[PS3] Bleach: Soul Ignition | ACT | (SCE) | ¥5.980 |
[PS3] Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition | ACT | (Take-Two Interactive) | ¥6.090 |
[PS3] Mass Effect 2 | RPG | (Electronic Arts) | ¥7.665 |

[360] Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition | ACT | (Take-Two Interactive) | ¥6.090 |

[PS2] Scared Rider Xechs: Stardust Lovers | ACT | (Red Entertainment) | ¥7.140 |

Takao

Banned
Earth Seeker will die.

Don't die on me Crafts and Meister!

Laguna said:
Are there any games that can change PSPs downward trend in the next weeks? FFType0 was supposed to be a summer release but who knows if they changed their plans?

Cardboard Senki might be able to keep hardware steady (though 3DS should outsell PSP in the next Media Create report). I wouldn't expect a jump though. Gundam Memories afterwards should also help.

Alrus

Earth Seeker got worse review in Famitsu than that fishing game on 3ds, I'm confused :/ (Yeah I know Famitsu sucks...)

Also, Takara Tomy recently announced their own MH clone, Nano Diver, coming in September. I wonder how it'll turn out (it's Takara Tomy so it'll probably suck and sell horribly but hey, who knows).

matmanx1

Oh I didn't realize Atelier Meruru was next week for PS3. Pretty quick localization time on that I guess since the US is supposed to get it this fall.

Fairly good numbers for Yakuza considering the delay and the mess that Sony's been through lately.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
iidesuyo said:
I know it's been asked before but why do >a thousand people week after week still buy the PS2 new? Wouldn't be to surprised if it lives longer than the Wii.
PS2 is in grave for more than a year in Japan. Selling 1000 of hardware units every week doesn't mean anything if it doesn't move software.

Finally time for Bleach Soul Ignition. The anime should have done a one episode filler to tie into it (instead of showing Toshiro get beat down by MoMo)...Hopefully it gets Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes PS3 level of sales.

Yakuza of the End looks like it did pretty well, considering the delay and the poor impressions of the demo. I wonder if the full game got a better reception; doesn't seem like there's anyone on GAF playing it.

matmanx1 said:
Oh I didn't realize Atelier Meruru was next week for PS3. Pretty quick localization time on that I guess since the US is supposed to get it this fall.

You're confusing it with Atelier Totori, the previous game in the Atelier series which released last year in Japan and which NISA will be publishing this fall. Expect Meruru in the US next year.

hosannainexcelsis said:
Yakuza of the End looks like it did pretty well, considering the delay and the poor impressions of the demo. I wonder if the full game got a better reception; doesn't seem like there's anyone on GAF playing it.

I'm playing it, actually. The setup is very different from past RGG games.

distantmantra said:
I'm playing it, actually. The setup is very different from past RGG games.

Are you enjoying it? Does the shooting feel weaker than the traditional RGG brawling? Are there still loads of sidequests and minigames?

kswiston

Chris1964 said:
PS2 is in grave for more than a year in Japan. Selling 1000 of hardware units every week doesn't mean anything if it doesn't move software.

Considering the PS2 is over 10 years old, and considering there are over 20 million of them out there in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if a decent number of those 1000-1500 systems sold per week are replacements or upgrades at this point. I have debated getting rid of my decade old fat model for a PS2 slim model many times, and will do so at some point before they end production.

Also, even if you were a first time PS2 owner, there are thousands of awesome, dirt cheap, used games out there at this point.

Still, PS2 hardware sales still make a nice profit for Sony at this point, so no real reason to discontinue them until the market completely dries up.

Grimmy

Banned
Takao said:
Earth Seeker will die.

Don't die on me Crafts and Meister!

The not-so-good Famitsu scores won't help its chance of survival.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/16/famitsu_reviews/

Meruru no Atelier: Arland no Renkinjutsushi 3 (PS3, Gust): 9, 9, 8, 9 - (35/40)
"One reviewer called Meruru the best in the series."

Earth Seeker (Wii, Kadokawa Games): 8, 7, 6, 6 - (27/40)
"There is low variation in weapons, though, and obtaining the materials for creating your own weapons is difficult. The story development is lacking, one reviewer complained."

Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions (3DS, Bandai Namco): 8, 7, 7, 8 - (30/40)
Fish Eyes 3D (3DS, Marvelous): 8, 6, 7, 8 - (29/40)
Gloria Union (PSP, Atlus): 8, 8, 8, 8 - (32/40)
Gundam Memories: Tatakai no Kioku (PSP, Bandai Namco): 7, 7, 7, 8 - (29/40)
Bleach: Soul Ignition (PS3, Sony): 7, 7, 7, 7 - (28/40)
Mass Effect 2 (PS3, EA): 10, 9, 8, 8 - (35/40)

hosannainexcelsis said:
Are you enjoying it?

It's not as good as previous titles, but I am enjoying it. It's an extremely over the top parody of RGG and zombie mythos.

Does the shooting feel weaker than the traditional RGG brawling?

The gunplay mechanics really haven't changed from the demo. Shooting guns, throwing grenades and kicking from time to time. The camera is still terrible and the framerate dies when lots of stuff is on the screen.

This is a different kind of game, so you can't really compare an action shooter to a brawler.

Are there still loads of sidequests and minigames?

They're still in the game, but separate from the action stages. There are no random battles in this one.

noobie

Banned
hosannainexcelsis said:

You're confusing it with Atelier Totori, the previous game in the Atelier series which released last year in Japan and which NISA will be publishing this fall. Expect Meruru in the US next year.

What about Yakuza of the End with the mainline game? how well it did in comparison to them in sales?

btw does it take shorter than to make the mainline game? wandering why they dont make it as a mainline game when they know it will cost them sales..

sorry for my ignorance in this matter

duckroll

noobie said:
What about Yakuza of the End with the mainline game? how well it did in comparison to them in sales?

First week comparisons:

Yakuza 3 - 372,000
Yakuza 4 - 383,972
Yakuza Zombie - 298,717

btw does it take shorter than to make the mainline game? wandering why they dont make it as a mainline game when they know it will cost them sales..

Maybe because sales is not everything to the developers? Maybe they don't want to just keep making one direct sequel after another, but want to do other fun stuff with the characters and world?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
duckroll said:
Maybe because sales is not everything to the developers? Maybe they don't want to just keep making one direct sequel after another, but want to do other fun stuff with the characters and world?
Putting a spin-off out also makes it harder to burn out the brand.

Kandinsky

enishi said:
It was in shortage for long. It was a surprised hit as most of them chase for the Nintendo Wireless Keyboard bundled which works with their iPhone/iPad/PS3/Android phone, etc...
Shit, are you serious? any NA plans for this title?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Sinobi has a lot of info for upcoming games (from Famitsu?).

Between others Simple Series from D3 will continue to 3DS for 500 yen and Microsoft will keep pushing kinect games no one cares.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
DR2K said:
Ouch hardware for 3DS went down after a major release.

What major release this week?

cvxfreak

Mercenaries 3D's sales are pretty good and bode quite well for Revelations. I can see Revelations doing double the LTD. I predict a 130-150K LTD for Mercenaries 3D.

idwl

Mrbob said:
It really is amazing how quickly the Wii has collapsed year over year.
And psp has gone up! while ps2 has remained constant. Would never have imagined this. Wii needs new colors + price drop. (A lime green wii would make me repurchase a wii)

cvxfreak said:
Mercenaries 3D's sales are pretty good and bode quite well for Revelations. I can see Revelations doing double the LTD. I predict a 130-150K LTD for Mercenaries 3D.
Really? I predict 5k next week and then goodbye it was nice to meet you, LTD 100k.

Revelations probably close to LTD 350k.

andthebeatgoeson

WTF is going on in here? Did Japan stop buying games? Aww, the sweet memories of years past. Can someone post the MC thread from Dec 2007 for old times sake?

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
362023c0.jpg

aacb9eed-s.jpg

85b90114-s.jpg

60024996-s.jpg

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Dedication Through Light said:
Zelda is going to be that big of a game to need an entire section dedicated to its own?! wow, thats like EA level of shelfspace.
This section was full of Zelda games. Zelda is sold-out.

Truth101

Banned
Chris1964 said:

So OOT seems to be selling well.

I wonder if we will see a large bump in hardware sales, or will most of the OOT sales be by people who have already purchased a 3DS.

Edit:

JGAF, how is the marketing for OOT?

ZoddGutts

Ouch at Wii and 3DS. Wonder how soon the 3DS will go above 30K again.

Edit: Zelda is next week? Guess that should do it... right?

3DS looks to be trending above 20K now, which is good. Adding that to DS sales, puts Nintendo above Sony in the handheld market for the time being. Hopefully, they will continue the upward trend as they phase out DS sales.

Truth101

Banned
le.phat said:
02. / 01. [3DS] Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom) {2011.06.02} - 58.792 / NEW (+0%)

wtf, RE sold the exact same amount as last week ?

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN??

It's an error with the database, Chris said he will fix it soon.

ZoddGutts said:
Ouch at Wii and 3DS. Wonder how soon the 3DS will go above 30K again.

Edit: Zelda is next week? Guess that should do it... right?

OOT was released this week, but we don't get data till the week is over.

Grimmy

Banned
Any pics of Little Battlers? I'm actually more curious about the sales of that title since everyone knows Zelda OOT will sell out.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Grimmy said:
Any pics of Little Battlers? I'm actually more curious about the sales of that title since everyone knows Zelda OOT will sell out.
Some retailers say it sells well. Medarots and Custom Robo fans support it.

c80de8fe-s.jpg

and Steins;Gate

aa0d2d7a-s.jpg

Grimmy

Banned
Thanks. If Zelda OOT is really limited to 150,000 copies, then it'll be interesting to see which game comes out on top for the week. Regardless most likely 3DS > PSP in next week's charts.

Top Bottom