• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2017 (Jun 26 - Jul 02)

L~A

Nintendo Switch

(=) 01. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang) [12.5.2017]
(+2) 02. Snipperclips: Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(-1) 03. ARMS (Nintendo) [16.3.2017]
(N) 04. LEGO City Undercover (Warner Bros.) [29.6.2017]
(=) 05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
(N) 06. GoNNER (Raw Fury) [29.6.2017]
(+1) 07. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(N) 08. Vaccine (Rainy Frog) [29.6.2017]
(-3) 09. Human Resource Machine (Flyhigh Works) [08.6.2017]
(N) 10. ACA NeoGeo Magical Drop II (Hamster) [29.6.2017]

Nintendo 3DS

(N) 01. Kirby's Blowout Blast (Nintendo) [04.7.2017]
(-1) 02. The Battle Cats POP (Ponos) [31.5.2015]
(=) 03. Dragon Quest XI (Square-Enix) [29.7.2017]
(+1) 04. Ice Station Z (Wobbly Tooth) [06.4.2017]
(N) 05. Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (Atlus) [29.6.2017]
(+1) 06. Kirby Fighters Deluxe (Nintendo) [23.7.2014]
(-3) 07. Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (Level-5) [06.2.2013] (was on sale)
(-6) 08. The Alliance Alive (FuRyu) [22.6.2017]
(N) 09. Mighty Gunvolt Burst (Inti Creates) [28.6.2017]
(-4) 10. Cube Creator DX (Arc System Works) [27.4.2017]

Wii U

(=) 01. Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft) [17.12.2015]
(=) 02. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(=) 03. Bomberman ’94 (Konami, Virtual Console) [19.11.2014]
(+1) 04. Mario Kart 8 (Nintendo) [29.5.2014]
(+3) 05. Super Mario World (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
(-2) 06. Splatoon (Nintendo) [28.5.2015]
(=) 07. Kirby Super Star (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [01.5.2013]
(B) 08. Earthbound (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [27.4.2013]
(B) 09. Discovery (Rainy Frog) [31.8.2016]
(-4) 10. Super Mario RPG (Nintendo, Virtual Console) [05.8.2015]

https://topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/8da286a0-5ca4-11e7-8cda-063b7ac45a6d.html

MoonFrog

Ouch. Nintendo's doing everything they can wrt software to "pave the way" on Switch and drive up install base to drive up developer interest and they can't even get good supply for Splatoon 2 to capitalize on this, according to this information.

Hopefully Switch first year still impresses SE/Atlus/Capcom/Level-5/SEGA and others and lights a fire in software development for the system.

I just hope bad isn't ridiculously bad.

Vena

Nintendo Switch

(=) 01. Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang) [12.5.2017]
(+2) 02. Snipperclips: Cut it out, together! (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(-1) 03. ARMS (Nintendo) [16.3.2017]
(N) 04. LEGO City Undercover (Warner Bros.) [29.6.2017]
(=) 05. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) [28.4.2017]
(N) 06. GoNNER (Raw Fury) [29.6.2017]
(+1) 07. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) [03.3.2017]
(N) 08. Vaccine (Rainy Frog) [29.6.2017]
(-3) 09. Human Resource Machine (Flyhigh Works) [08.6.2017]
(N) 10. ACA NeoGeo Magical Drop II (Hamster) [29.6.2017]

That's actually pretty good for GoNNER, I think. It's a great little game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I suppose the lower side of 100,000 (100k to 120k) could still be considered extremely low by someone given the currently big demand for the system and Splatoon 2's potential debut.

Sincerly, my main curiosity is to see how the shipments will be post-Splatoon 2's launch. Having several good weeks supply-wise would be better IMHO than just one giant week followed by others with a lot less systems on the market - hopefully Nintendo is following the latter line of thought.

duckroll

Monolift soft is hiring a person who have experience with action game for the action part of their game. New IP?

http://www.monolithsoft.co.jp/recruit/recruit_01.html

Interesting recruitment notice. It has elements not found in the other positions they are also recruiting for. Namely, for the action planner in particular, they are looking for people who are very knowledgeable in: online games, medieval/fantasy, overseas trends, pop culture, and entertainment. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Brenal

Interesting recruitment notice. It has elements not found in the other positions they are also recruiting for. Namely, for the action planner in particular, they are looking for people who are very knowledgeable in: online games, medieval/fantasy, overseas trends, pop culture, and entertainment. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
It really is interesting particularly because if im not mistaken Monolithsoft had the intention to make xcx completely action based, i always thought they would do it with the next Xenoblade but maybe they are going to spin it off into a new ip.

MoonFrog

What does medieval/fantasy mean? Medieval or just sword and magic in a vaguely past-ish setting?

Either way, XB typically is too high tech to fit that sort of bill? Right?

So new IP?

duckroll

It really is interesting particularly because if im not mistaken Monolithsoft had the intention to make xcx completely action based, i always thought they would do it with the next Xenoblade but maybe they are going to spin it off into a new ip.

The recruitment position on its own doesn't really mean much, but it is very interesting in terms of what they're looking for and what the role is, because it's not a generic battle planner role. They're very specifically looking for a planner who can design action gameplay, rather than a planner for battle encounters (which is what you hire for when you already have the base game design in place). But at the same time, it's not a leadership role. This could either be a real disaster, or they're bringing soma back.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

This clearly is for Disaster 2" days of dragons

So So Nintendo's Monster Hunter clone
lol

MoonFrog

Thinking about it, Matsuno would have to be the one to write about the intersection of sectarian strife, Machiavellian politics, and Mecha.

They'd also get to use a ton of German names. Not Celtic names, but German ones at least.

Edit: Mitsuda could still bring the Celtic inspired music, though.

Xenoblade vs X

L~A

The blogger guy is a little in dispair after hearing the shipment size of Splatoon week.

Too low in general, or too low for Splatoon 2? Planning to spread shipments throughout Summer holidays? I don't know, guess we'll see in a few days.

Tbh, was always expecting shortages for Splatoon 2 launch, even before the post Switch launch shortages. Now, it's really not going to be pretty at all.

H13

Is it ridiculous to expect 200k for switch stock on splatoon week when only 20k-30k are distributed every week or is it just me?
I would expect 100-150k stock tbh

Too low in general, or too low for Splatoon 2? Planning to spread shipments throughout Summer holidays? I don't know, guess we'll see in a few days.

Tbh, was always expecting shortages for Splatoon 2 launch, even before the post Switch launch shortages. Now, it's really not going to be pretty at all.

Whatever Nintendo shipped it was going to be too low for splatoon 2, unless by some miracle they were able to ship hundreds of thousands of switches in 1 week. It's not just that splatoon 2 is a massive game it's also that there is so much pent up demand.

I'm thinking the shipment is too low in general. Probably something more akin to the Mario kart bump.

D.Lo

I have no idea how they would have 200k , that's two months worth of stock at current levels.

IMO they should seriously divert 60% of worldwide stock to Japan for a month or so. Lock Japan in as a success. The west needs their big hit for Christmas.

jonno394

Is it ridiculous to expect 200k for switch stock on splatoon week when only 20k-30k are distributed every week or is it just me?
I would expect 100-150k stock tbh

It's ridiculous based on current hardware availability, but it's really what Nintendo should be doing for a game like Splatoon and all the pent up Switch demand. It's seemingly completely out of their hands though.

I'm expecting just over 100K.

LordKano

I have no idea how they would have 200k , that's two months worth of stock at current levels.

IMO they should seriously divert 60% of worldwide stock to Japan for a month or so. Lock Japan in as a success. The west needs their big hit for Christmas.

That's the worst decision to possibly make.

These supply issues won't be sorted out until 2018 (after iPhone launch quarter)

Anyone who believe otherwise is putting too much faith in Nintendo.

I was reading a new interview of Shinya Takahashi by LeMonde, french news site, and he talks about production issues. The interesting part is that he says "But like our president announced, a few days ago we improved our production chain, so we'll be able to ship, fore the upcoming perioid, more console units".
http://www.lemonde.fr/pixels/articl...nt-de-projets-sur-switch_5157086_4408996.html

There are actually more new infos, so maybe I'll open a thread.

You should - I will be interested in more discussion on this.

I don't think it was ever really possible for Nintendo to satisfy the demand for Splatoon 2. Especially considering there is so much pent-up demand at this point. So low stock could mean anything under these circumstances. For me, under 100k would be pretty bad.

In terms of Splatoon numbers, it was never going to sell its potential in the first week. It could've been a million seller FW if Nintendo hadn't had stock issues since launch, but now will probably be in the 500-700k range. Which is definitely good given the current install base, just not as good as it could have done. Thankfully, Splatoon is a game that will sell for a long time, so its success isn't entirely dependent on the first week.

Minsc

Gold Member
Anything lower than 200k is bad

Honestly, anything less than 1 million is probably bad. They could probably sell that much in a week if they had stock. Basically every single week is bad for the Switch, and will be going forward.

Look back at ARMs launch sales to see an example of what stockpiling gets the Switch hardware to, granted this is Splatoon 2 and bigger, but I'm not expecting more than a quick splash this week, and then back to slow drip feeding of hardware after.

jonno394

My guess is another Nindie Showcase. Scheduled Indie releases for August and September are non-existent right now and we know there are several announced as "summer", as well as some titles that have been announced since the last one that have yet to be covered by Nintendo (Owlboy).

sinonobu

Banned
My guess is another Nindie Showcase. Scheduled Indie releases for August and September are non-existent right now and we know there are several announced as "summer", as well as some titles that have been announced since the last one that have yet to be covered by Nintendo (Owlboy).

Maybe indies+third party direct?

I don't think Platinum was just trolling with those teasers.

Top Bottom