• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2013 (Jul 08 - Jul 14)

Maybe it's MH4 and Pokemon combo sucking sales out of other 3DS releases. People don't have unlimited budgets for gaming.

As for Sniper Elite either someone assumed it will be good idea months ago and later it was better to minimise loses by releasing it then cancelling all work done up to this point or maybe it's some corporate agreement when they are forced to publish everything.

What's the shipment estimates for M&L4? 20% is kinda low
I hope Nintendo over-shipped it and it actually manages to sell decently.

I have only played the GBA ones but i think it is a fantastic series. Although, the latest one is quite low on meta as opposed to BIS on DS.

This may surprise you, but the original when ported to Wii a few years back, did over 200k in Europe. Reef Entertainment commissioned the port which Raylight did, it even had an exclusive level I think?

So a port of V2 was inevitable, surprised 505 published it and not Reef.

And the original was published in NA on Wii by Maximum Family Games! Wat.

Well now they're known as Maximum Games, but that seriously was their name at the time.
I was mainly talking about Sniper Elite V2 release in Japan. I was aware of the original on Wii although Wii U has nowhere the same success as Wii so i think they might have started working on the port before it started showing these weak numbers.

I hope Nintendo over-shipped it and it actually manages to sell decently.

I have only played the GBA ones but i think it is a fantastic series. Although, the latest one is quite low on meta as opposed to BIS on DS.

I was mainly talking about Sniper Elite V2 release in Japan. I was aware of the original on Wii although Wii U has nowhere the same success as Wii so i think they might have started working on the port before it started showing these weak numbers.

I figured you meant that. :p Just wanted to be sure and to throw a bit of trivia. :)

yeah it's not really relevant to japan but the sniper games are one of the few surviving mid tier franchises from the west. The reason they're still around is because they don't try to be bigger than what they are and just keep hitting their audience.

hiska-kun

What's the shipment estimates for M&L4? 20% is kinda low

According to Azalyn the shipment is similar to Luigi's Mansion 2, at least in his shop.
So, if it's the same in the whole country to shipment should be ~330k (going by Media Create).

So ~65k First day? And possibly 130k for the week?

This seems like a leap in logic to me, but granted we are talking about subjective personal experiences with other people. I still see some people retaining optimism but rarely do I see anyone arguing that sales will eventually become great instead of simply better. The turnaround talk is usually pretty nebulous as you said, but that's exactly my point. It contradicts your claim that people are obviously expecting something significant when, like you said, the actual specifics of what kind of turnaround they think is possible are kept vague at best. A lot of people think things will get better but I think most people are unsure of how much better it's really going to get. I don't see anything wrong with that.
It's subjective perception, sure. I've been in many a sales-age thread or a Wii U sales performance thread and argued the numbers and had people argue against them. Examples like the 3DS and PS3 are brought up. People "counterpoint" with anecdotes about how great the tablet is, how their friends are running out to buy it or how people simply don't know about it and when they do it will start to sell well.

Again, while people are aware it's not selling well, it seems to me that many still seem oblivious to just how badly it is selling; that a doubling or tripling of sales would not get the system even selling "well."
It's also odd that you say being dead is hyperbolic but make it clear that you believe the console will continue to remain irrelevant. Clearly those two mean different things to you but I feel like they're one in the same. While things do look horribly grim, I object to the idea that the Wii U's fate is a foregone conclusion. I personally don't have much hope for it becoming much more than a niche product, but niche doesn't necessarily mean abject failure or irrelevance. Saying it's possible the product will be doing substantially better a year from now isn't the same thing as ignoring its bottom of the barrel sales numbers at the moment. We saw people saying something very similar when the PS3 was floundering throughout 2007 but that platform had a tremendous, hard earned revival over the course of half a decade. And don't misunderstand me here, I'm not saying the PS3 was ever completely analogous to the Wii U, but neither is the Vita or the Dreamcast. Vita for instance is suffering a very similar predicament as the Wii U globally but has a different set of advantages and disadvantages unique to the platform. The Dreamcast crashed and burned but and the fact that Wii U is doing worse in various territories merits attention but you also can't compare graphs side by side and assume Wii U will indefinitely follow that same trajectory. Nintendo has various assets at their disposal, and I strongly challenge the notion that their franchises no longer have significant selling power.
I think "dead" is hyperbolic, in that it strikes images of Nintendo dropping support for their product or ceasing its production indefinitely - something they won't do.

I'm aware Nintendo has distinct advantages with regard to the Wii U, their software properties are stronger and they have a large cash pile. There are certain properties for which I'd definitely dispute the strength of these days though, for example, Wii Fit - based on the data we have of a progressively shrinking fitness game market in the US.

I don't actually disagree that the Wii U's sales could increase substantially. The difference is, if one is accepting of just how badly it is currently selling, then they would know that selling like the GameCube or the PS3 when it was still floundering would be a substantial improvement.

I would say the GameCube and Xbox were irrelevant in the wider marketplace and if Sony hadn't sunk billions into the PS3 they could have ended up in such a position too, although they were not necessarily dead systems.
However, don't misunderstand my apparent defense of optimists as optimism of my own. I just tend to disagree with most arguments that attempt to state, without question, what will or wont happen. I'm not arguing for one way or the other, I'm arguing that there's still a lot of things that can happen in the next gen and that it's reasonable to be a bit unsure, definitively, how things will actually end up.

For the record, I think 50mil by the end of the Wii U's lifetime would require a goddamn miracle. I'm talkin angels and shit.
That's perfectly fine - yes, things can and perhaps will change, but personally, while I completely accept and concede that much can happen, I'd prefer to look at what is happening and what has happened before in discussion of what is more likely to happen. If and when the situation at hand changes, if new data or information arises, I'm perfectly fine with re-evaluating my assessment. I'm perfectly open to being absolutely completely wrong on anything I say in the long run as well.

Also, just a bit of clarification, while I think it will take much effort to simply get the system selling like the GameCube, it could still ultimately sell more than the GameCube due to a longer lifespan.

, it could still ultimately sell more than the GameCube due to a longer lifespan.

I really don't see how this is possible. The gamecube was on the market 5 years before a successor. Now it's not unreasonable to think a console will last 6 years on the market, but i doubt very strongly that if a console is actually selling worse than the gamecube that nintendo would let half of their business basically be non existent. Because due to this first year being so terrible if you think the wiiu won't sell at a better clip than the gamecube it might even take more than 6 years to do better.

I really don't see how this is possible. The gamecube was on the market 5 years before a successor. Now it's not unreasonable to think a console will last 6 years on the market, but i doubt very strongly that if a console is actually selling worse than the gamecube that nintendo would let half of their business basically be non existent. Because due to this first year being so terrible if you think the wiiu won't sell at a better clip than the gamecube it might even take more than 6 years to do better.
If I recall, GCN's issue was its poor growth after its first year. Due to the reason why the Wii U is doing bad (very few first party games due to development issues that pushed games up to 6 months behind,) I don't think we have much of an idea how well the system will do once Nintendo can get the software together and release them.

If I recall, GCN's issue was its poor growth after its first year. Due to the reason why the Wii U is doing bad (very few first party games due to development issues that pushed games up to 6 months behind,) I don't think we have much of an idea how well the system will do once Nintendo can get the software together and release them.

No but his assertion is that the wiiu is not going to sell what the gamecube did in the same time period meaning it would still be a platform selling worse than the gamecube and due to dev costs being at least double much less profit for nintendo so there is no way they would leave it on the market past 5 years. Hell if wiiu doesn't a massive upswing i question it making it past 3 but thats another topic.

Myshkin

I think when people say dead, they mean "grossly irrelevant" and definitely headed to those consoles consigned to the grim graveyard of failure rather than the halls of Valhalla.

Otherwise the only definition of a dead console would be one thats selling 0 units and is just de facto dead, and even age old bombs like the PSP Go are still trucking.

I think death has to be defined in terms of software support. Even if a console were no longer manufactured, I wouldn't call it dead if it were getting a bunch of releases.

No but his assertion is that the wiiu is not going to sell what the gamecube did in the same time period meaning it would still be a platform selling worse than the gamecube and due to dev costs being at least double much less profit for nintendo so there is no way they would leave it on the market past 5 years. Hell if wiiu doesn't a massive upswing i question it making it past 3 but thats another topic.

I don't understand that theory, because it would require Nintendo to restart hardware/software transitions even earlier despite the company having trouble setting up HD development in the first place. It probably would be better for Nintendo to support the Wii U even if it has a low userbase and to start up the next-next gen with full HD development experience than to abandon the console and try to relearn another HD environment. The latter sounds like a recipe for disaster and will damage its reputation on abandoning its console early, IMO. The former is actually similar to what they did with the GCN, and it was followed by the successful Wii that was basically an enhanced GCN with an innovative controller. Now, if you are talking about Nintendo exiting the console hardware business, that is indeed another topic.

In either case, I think many people are having trouble figuring out Nintendo's future due to the huge focus and concerns for its current situation. We should see how Nintendo handles the next several months and review these "failure" scenarios again.

javac

From where it is currently in Dreamcast/Saturn doldrums (10 million) to Gamecube (21 million), I'd call that expecting some skyrocketing to occur.

Guess it all hinges on Nintendo going for broke with the most obnoxiously in your face advertising every second to coincide with Mario games and a price drop I guess.

I guess the way I see it is right now the Wii U and Nintendo aren't even trying. And I don't mean that in a positive light. It's more indicative of the incompetent handling of the platform for whatever reason. There is no reason it can't reach GCN sales trajectory with competent marketing, saleable software and promotions/bundles/special editions and improvements to the overall ecosystem.

A far cry from a walk in the park and make no mistake the GCN sales weren't amazing but it's doable with effort. That's not to say Nintendo will do the obvious either. We'll have to wait and see about that.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
We got a fair amount of content between the Japanese magazines and various teasers this week, so I can at least do some moderately sized analysis.

As a warning, this is fairly PlayStation heavy, so if you're looking for 3DS game analysis, unfortunately there's not much to talk about this week.

Ace Combat: Infinity
Quick Details: Flight Combat Game | PS3 | Namco Bandai | Free-2-Play | Sales Potential: N/A

Analysis: So following up Tekken Revolution (f2p PS3 game) and Ridge Racer Driftopia (f2p PS3 game), Namco Bandai has announced Ace Combat: Infnity, an f2p PS3 game. Judging by the teaser, this generally looks like a standard, full fledged Ace Combat game. I feel it's rather notable that Namco now has three of their major console franchises released as high effort free 2 play titles. I suspect that f2p Gundam game from a while back must have performed very well for them, and this may actually indicate some level of strategic shift for the company, given the volume of titles, prominence of the brands used, and amount of effort put into each title.

While this isn't related directly to Ace Combat, here's is their update schedule for their f2p Tekken game, which can give you an impression of how much they intend to support this game post launch.

DY9Hepi.png

The Witch and the Hundred Knights
Quick Details: Isometric Action RPG | PS3 | Nippon Ichi | Retail | Sales Potential: Limited?

Nippon Ichi released a 10 minute gameplay for TWatHK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrQJqugrr8

So, this looks like a generally well made, in depth single character isometric action RPG with towns/bosses/all the other stuff you would expect in an RPG. If this were a downloadable game on PSN/XBLA/Steam, I would say it is the type of title that could do somewhere in the range of 300-500K+ copies or more over time given lots of Steam sales/etc. I say this based on how similar types of games have performed and adjusting down a bit given I don't think there's any multiplayer. However, given that this is a retail game in Japan, published by Nippon Ichi, and isn't a Disgaea title, I really don't know how something like this would sell. Maybe in the 40-100K range? It looks most similar to something like a Falcom action RPG in terms of things that have actually launched at retail in Japan. Given how late we are in the cycle and that there have been tons of Nippon Ichi games on the PS3 already, this will have no hardware impact.

Sengoku Basara 4
Quick Details: Hack & Slash | PS3 | Capcom | Retail | Sales Potential: Somewhat High

Capcom has finally released a gameplay trailer for Sengoku Basara 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMs-WNN4-VA

So, I played about 2-3 hours of Sengoku Basara 3 in total, so my ability to assess my following statements is somewhat limited, but here are my initial comparison impressions. The first thing that really pops out to me is that the combat mechanics look like they were upgraded quite a bit, which is probably something that could be pretty useful to the franchise in terms of word of mouth. There seem to be more technical aspects you can take advantage of if you like that kind of thing, though it seems like you could probably still mash your way through on lower difficulties if you're a more casual fan. While the graphics haven't changed, the presentation in the cutscenes seems better, and the silliness/stylistic elements seem to have been ramped up a bit. I feel they could have a fair amount of success in their push for growth. Remember, this is all tentative on my memory of this game actually being correct, which I can't promise as I didn't beat it by any means.

I'd like to do the Jump PS3 game at some point, but I feel I need a real trailer for it first to get a good sense. I will say that the newest screens they released look pretty high effort for this type of game.

That witch game looks pretty interesting, Is Strider a thing in Japan? I guess being a farmed out western game might not help but it's only the 5th next gen game announced by a jp third party so far i think.

edit :was also just remembered the thing from Segas financials about 5 vita sku and 7 Wii U with 1 in 1h for vita and 3 in 1h for WiiU.

The Vita one for 1h is that soccer game and one of the three for WiiU are yakuza HD (JP),

We know after that there is that 575 music game and diva f 2 for vita and as for wii u there is Mario/Sonic Olympics (NA,EU) {nintendo publishing in jp},sonic lost world (NA, JP) {nintenndo is publishing sonic in eu}.

That leaves 2 skus for both Vita and Wii U,

WiiU might be the cancelled aliens for NA/EU. I'm thinking this because there isn't much time left to announce something for before september and also the forecast for the 3 1h skus was low (170k). Might have been cancelled before that report though and there is some DD title coming for na/eu like how vita got jsr last year.

Vita is possibly na/eu for diva f (the first one) but I doubt it since even though it was rated along side ps3 i think it would have been announced by now. Also they are expecting better sales from the 5 fy13 skus than they got for their 8 fy12 skus. Based on that I'm going to guess the remaining vita skus are both jp titles, PSO2 expansion?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That witch game looks pretty interesting, Is Strider a thing in Japan? I guess being a farmed out western game might not help but it's only the 5th next gen game announced by a jp third party so far i think.

edit :was also just remembered the thing from Segas financials about 5 vita sku and 7 Wii U with 1 in 1h for vita and 3 in 1h for WiiU.

The Vita one for 1h is that soccer game and one of the three for WiiU are yakuza HD (JP),

We know after that there is that 575 music game and diva f 2 for vita and as for wii u there is Mario/Sonic Olympics (NA,EU) {nintendo publishing in jp},sonic lost world (NA, JP) {nintenndo is publishing sonic in eu}.

That leaves 2 skus for both Vita and Wii U,

WiiU might be the cancelled aliens for NA/EU. I'm thinking this because there isn't much time left to announce something for before september and also the forecast for the 3 1h skus was low (170k). Might have been cancelled before that report though and there is some DD title coming for na/eu like how vita got jsr last year.

Vita is possibly na/eu for diva f (the first one) but I doubt it since even though it was rated along side ps3 i think it would have been announced by now. Also they are expecting better sales from the 5 fy13 skus than they got for their 8 fy12 skus. Based on that I'm going to guess the remaining vita skus are both jp titles, PSO2 expansion?
Even if Strider was a thing in Japan, unfortunately we have no way to track it and it doesn't really represent a business shift for Capcom as far as I can tell. Like Ace Combat does for Namco.

Well, I guess no Wii U version for a Capcom downloadable is a first since the system released, especially when it is on five other platforms.

comg chart is up

M&L top by a lot, not surprising i don't think.

Pikmin 4th behind friend collection and toukiden psp

God Eater 2 makes it into the preorder chart now that it has a date

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01./00. [WIU] Pikmin 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥5.985) - 92.720 / NEW <48,45%>
___

21./09. [3DS] Toriko: Gourmet Battle! <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.07.04} (¥5.980)
22./43. [3DS] Kuma-Tomo <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.20} (¥4.980)
23./28. [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
24./00. [360] Monster Hunter Frontier: G2 Premium Package <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.07.10} (¥6.090)
25./00. [360] Dead Island: Riptide <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.07.11} (¥7.329)
26./18. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800)
27./29. [WIU] New Super Mario Bros. U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥5.985)
28./00. [PS3] Battlefield 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.07.11} (¥3.675)
29./23. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
30./21. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800)
31./17. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800)
32./42. [WIU] Nintendo Land # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.12.08} (¥4.935)
33./26. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040)
34./27. [PS3] Terraria <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.05.23} (¥4.179)
35./30. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040)
36./22. [PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) {2013.06.27} (¥7.140)
37./25. [WII] New Play Control! Pikmin 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.03.12} (¥3.800)
38./24. [PS3] FIFA 13 (EA Super Hits) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.06.27} (¥1.995)
39./32. [PS3] Resident Evil: Revelations <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.05.23} (¥4.990)
40./16. [PS3] Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 <ACT> (CyberFront) {2013.06.27} (¥8.190)
41./00. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition Online: Tenka Mugen no Shou # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.07.10} (¥8.190)
42./37. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
43./06. [360] Earth Defense Force 2025 <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2013.07.04} (¥6.980)
44./34. [PSP] Pro Baseball Spirits 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2013.03.20} (¥3.980)
45./39. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)
46./38. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Special Price) <PZL> (Sega) {2012.12.13} (¥2.940)
47./00. [PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279)
48./45. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800)
49./35. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980)
50./41. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
00./00. [GCN] Pikmin <ACT> (Nintendo) {2001.10.26} (¥6.800) - * / 549.000
00./00. [GCN] Pikmin 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2004.04.29} (¥5.800) - * / 484.000

Top 50

3DS - 18
PS3 - 14
PSP - 5
WII - 4
WIU - 4
360 - 3
NDS - 1
PSV - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    620.000 |    658.000 |    610.000 | 22.714.000 | 25.098.000 |

plank

01./00. [WIU] Pikmin 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥5.985) - 92.720 / NEW <48,45%>
___

21./09. [3DS] Toriko: Gourmet Battle! <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.07.04} (¥5.980)
23./28. [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
24./00. [360] Monster Hunter Frontier: G2 Premium Package <ACT> (Capcom) {2013.07.10} (¥6.090)
26./18. [3DS] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Best Price!) <ACT> (Capcom) {2012.11.15} (¥3.800)
28./00. [PS3] Battlefield 3 (PlayStation 3 the Best) <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.07.11} (¥3.675)
31./17. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800)
33./26. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040)
35./30. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040)
36./22. [PS3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition <RPG> (Bethesda Softworks) {2013.06.27} (¥7.140)
38./24. [PS3] FIFA 13 (EA Super Hits) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2013.06.27} (¥1.995)
41./00. [PS3] Nobunaga's Ambition Online: Tenka Mugen no Shou # <RPG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.07.10} (¥8.190)
42./37. [3DS] Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson <SLG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.15} (¥5.040)
43./06. [360] Earth Defense Force 2025 <ACT> (D3 Publisher) {2013.07.04} (¥6.980)
46./38. [3DS] Puyo Puyo!! Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Special Price) <PZL> (Sega) {2012.12.13} (¥2.940)
47./00. [PSP] Super Dangan-Ronpa 2: Sayonara Zetsubou Gakuen # <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2012.07.26} (¥6.279)
48./45. [WII] Wii Sports Resort with Wii Remote Plus # <SPT> (Nintendo) {2010.11.11} (¥5.800)
49./35. [PS3] World Soccer Winning Eleven 2013 <SPT> (Konami) {2012.10.04} (¥7.980)

Top 50

3DS - 18
PS3 - 14
PSP - 5
WII - 4
WIU - 4
360 - 3
NDS - 1
PSV - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:

Whats this chart?

Mr Swine

Banned
___

Top 50

3DS - 18
PS3 - 14
PSP - 5
WII - 4
WIU - 4
360 - 3
NDS - 1
PSV - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:

Good lord man, only 1 Vita title in the top 50 while 3DS has 18.

LayLa

that's the second week in a row that the Vita has had only one title in the MC top 50, after the relatively good numbers starting from the relaunch in week 9 its been sinking back to 2012 levels

Wait back up pikmin 1 and 2 on gamecube showed op....not the wii versions which are freaking BC with wiiu but gamecube lmao. Is that an error in the system or did 2 gamecube games really chart? When was the last time a gamecube game charted

Oh and ignore vappits. Anyone could see vita software sales crush 360s this year and wiiu for that mattter. Hell toukiden and soul sacrifice alone may beat both of them off the top of my head at least for games that came out this year NSMBU,mh3u, and nintendoland around new years probably contributed a good portion

Exile20

Wait back up pikmin 1 and 2 on gamecube showed op....not the wii versions which are freaking BC with wiiu but gamecube lmao. When was the last time a gamecube game charted

Oh and ignore vappits. Anyone with any kind of mental capacity could see vita software sales crush 360s this year and wiiu for that mattter. Hell toukiden and soul sacrifice alone may beat both of them off the top of my head?

They are there only for comparison.

Wait back up pikmin 1 and 2 on gamecube showed op....not the wii versions which are freaking BC with wiiu but gamecube lmao. When was the last time a gamecube game charted

Oh and ignore vappits. Anyone with any kind of mental capacity could see vita software sales crush 360s this year and wiiu for that mattter. Hell toukiden and soul sacrifice alone may beat both of them off the top of my head?

Actually those are just showing LTD, not actually having been on the weekly chart, had me going for a sec! o_O

Bruno MB

Do you have any data for 3DS? I'm curious to see the software comparison between last year 1st half and this year.

Sorry, I don't have that data.

I edited my previous post with the correct Wii U estimates. WiiU 2013 software sales are between 700.000 and 750.000.

DaBoss

What is the total Vita software sales for 2012? I remember it bein posted in an older thread. This year Vita will be able to beat it easily.

What is the total Vita software sales for 2012? I remember it bein posted in an older thread. This year Vita will be able to beat it easily.
1.3m. Vita 2013 software sales are currently just above a million so it should easily pass that.

And I knew Vappits didn't have anything because he always does this. He gets overly sensitive anytime someone badmouths Nintendo.

Bruno MB

1.3m. Vita 2013 software sales are currently just above a million so it should easily pass that.

And I knew Vappits didn't have anything because he always does this. He gets overly sensitive anytime someone badmouths Nintendo.

PS Vita 2012 software sales were about 1.9 million.

PS Vita must have already sold over 1.3 million pieces of software in 2013.

hiska-kun

Didn't post this on this week thread:

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------
|    |[B]Donkey Kong Returns[/B]| [B]Luigi’s Mansion 2[/B] |  [B]Difference[/B]  |
|    | [WII] (2010/12/09)| [3DS] (2013/03/20)|              |
|----|---------|---------|---------|---------|--------------|
|Week|  Weekly |   LTD   |  Weekly |   LTD   |   DKR – LM2  |
|  1 |  163.310|  163.310|  280.151|  280.151|       116.841|
|  2 |  152.990|  316.300|  110.840|  390.991|        74.691|
|  3 |  214.518|  530.818|   68.423|  459.413|       -71.405|  
|  4 |  107.487|  638.305|   56.562|  515.975|      -122.330| 
|  5 |   66.551|  704.856|   41.296|  557.271|      -147.585|  
|  6 |   29.412|  734.268|   38.884|  596.155|      -138.113|  
|  7 |   20.411|  754.679|   64.420|  660.575|       -94.104|  
|  8 |   19.214|  773.893|   31.345|  691.921|       -81.972|  
|  9 |   16.493|  790.386|   20.304|  712.225|       -78.161| 
| 10 |   15.971|  806.357|   19.079|  731.304|       -75.053|
| 11 |   10.824|  817.181|   19.649|  750.953|       -66.228|
| 12 |    9.913|  827.094|   15.759|  766.712|       -60.382|
| 13 |    8.836|  835.930|   14.949|  781.660|       -54.270|
| 14 |    7.919|  843.848|   11.859|  793.519|       -50.329|
| 15 |    7.490|  851.339|   11.510|  805.029|       -46.310|
| 16 |    8.526|  859.865|   10.813|  815.842|       -44.023|
| 17 |    6.260|  866.125|    9.184|  825.026|       -41.099|
| 18 |    5.120|  871.245|         |         |              |
| 19 |        -|        -|         |         |              |
| 20 |        -|        -|         |         |              |
| 21 |        -|  884.002|         |         |              |
| 22 |    8.944|  892.946|         |         |              |
| 23 |    3.356|  896.302|         |         |              |
|Year|   YTD   |   LTD   |   YTD   |   LTD   |  Difference  |
|  1 |  638.305|  638.305|  825.026|  825.026|       186.721|
|  2 |  314.399|  952.704|        -|        -|             -|
|  3 |   17.517|  970.221|        -|        -|             -|
| LTD|        -|  970.221|        -|  825.026|      -145.195|     
-------------------------------------------------------------

We'll see if Mario&Luigi RPG 4 has a positive or a negative reaction on sales.

Top Bottom