• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

Datschge

Which i don't get since we talking about Japan and it easy to see what going to happen .
PS4 will do less than PS3 hopeful not to much .
Switch will sell more than PS4 just a matter of how high it goes maybe less than 3DS .
Both of which are going to be a disaster for the dedicated gaming device market in Japan as unlike PS3/3DS, PS4/Switch will have to carry the home console and handheld market alone respectively. And PS3/3DS were both already down from the previous gen as well.

suicreeps

About sega......I wonder how good Forces and Mania is going to do in Japan, there any estimates yet? Also how good did generations do there?

Both of which are going to be a disaster for the dedicated gaming device market in Japan as unlike PS3/3DS, PS4/Switch will have to carry the home console and handheld market alone respectively. And PS3/3DS were both already down from the previous gen as well.

Well it's not like people\companies did not see it coming for years now.
Got to make best with what you have while also being on mobile .
Along with getting sales from overseas .

horuhe

Rakuten Books Sales Ranking Week 29, 2017 (Jul 17 - Jul 23)

01./00. [NSW] Splatoon 2 <ACT> (Nintendo)
02./00. [3DS] Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and The Millionaire's Conspiracy <ADV> (Level 5)
03./01. [3DS] Hey! Pikmin <ACT> (Nintendo)
04./00. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Koko, Dokonan Desu? <ETC> (Nippon Columbia)
05./02. [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age <RPG> (Square Enix)
06./00. [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 Set) <BUN> (Nintendo)
07./03. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo)
08./00. [PS4] Under Night In-Birth Exe:Latest <FTG> (Arc System Works)
09./07. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
10./06. [NSW] ARMS <ACT> (Nintendo)
11./04. [3DS] Ever Oasis <RPG> (Nintendo)
12./09. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom)
13./10. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive)
14./11. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
15./05. [PS4] Gundam Versus <ACT> (Bandai Namco)
16./00. [PS4] Cars 3: Driven to Win <RCE> (Warner)
17./18. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer)
18./21. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco)
19./20. [3DS] Pokémon Sun <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)
20./16. [3DS] Pokémon Moon <RPG> (Pokémon Co.)

Rakuten Books Pre-Orders Ranking Week 29, 2017 (Jul 17 - Jul 23)

01./01. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time <RPG> (Square Enix)
02./03. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time <RPG> (Square Enix)
03./12. [3DS] The Snack World <RPG> (Level 5)
04./00. [3DS] Rune Factory 4 (Platinum Collection) <SLG> (Marvelous)
05./08. [3DS] The Great Ace Attorney 2: The Resolve of Ry&#363;nosuke Naruhod&#333; <ADV> (Capcom)
06./05. [PS4] Gran Turismo: Sport (Limited Edition) <RCE> (Sony Interactive)
07./09. [PS4] New Hot Shots Golf <SPT> (Sony Interactive)
08./11. [PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: Kanzenmuketsu no My Honey <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft)
09./10. [PS4] Gran Turismo: Sport <RCE> (Sony Interactive)
10./07. [3DS] Shin Megami Tensei: Deep Strange Journey (25th Anniversary Special Box) <RPG> (Atlus)

Rakuten Books Ranking Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

***WARNING***

* Note: Games on the Rakuten Books Rankings are ONLY based on sales at Rakuten Books and does NOT count games sold by other retailers at Rakuten.
** Note 2: Games on the Pre-Orders Ranking are counted as net sales, so it might possibly affect the games listed on the Sales Ranking, since those sales are NOT added afterwards.

MoonFrog

I mean, Switch/PS4 can also share games much more easily than 3DS/PS4 and probably easier than Vita/PS3/PS4 for any company not heavily relying on Sony.

So sure, one home console, one portable but they can provide a more unified market for software that is also relevant to RotW.

I doubt companies will make full use of it but it's a great opportunity for medium budget/ambition software.

Switch being what it is is a promising thing.

Datschge

Well it's not like people did not see it coming for years now.
Got to make best with what you have while also being on mobile .
Along with getting sales from overseas .
What I find interesting to see is how often that goes along with lowered expectations with plenty people not noticing them as such.

Vena

Goes to show how easily one wrong assumption on a lack of knowledge can poison a thread. My apologies.

&#129301;

Eolz

Uh, didn't know that Lady Layton 3DS was already out in Japan, thought that was later in the year like in the West.

LordKano

I'd say it's just GoNintendo being the same site they've ever been, making a deal of every little stuff they can find on the web no matter how reliable/insignifiant it is.

Kanann

Fanboys from any teritory seem to have wrong assumtion loud speaker huh?

Splatoon 2 will do more :) the north stars told me that :^)

Zedark

That's just like Player Essence reporting that Splatoon 2 had 800k preorders. It's so annoying when sites report on conjecture.
Fun thing is PE also reported this "factoid" and was defending it on twitter. Don't really understand it, seems they just listen, believe and repeat.

Fun thing is PE also reported this "factoid" and was defending it on twitter. Don't really understand it, seems they just listen, believe and repeat.

So-called video game "journalists" don't care about facts. If it's a headline that will grab attention they'll use it, regardless if there are any facts to substantiate it.

Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone who reports on video game news, but unfortunately many of them.

Zedark

So-called video game "journalists" don't care about facts. If it's a headline that will grab attention they'll use it, regardless if there are any facts to substantiate it.

Of course, this doesn't apply to everyone who reports on video game news, but unfortunately many of them.
The damning part is that the more probable prediction (850k) is much more headline worthy. They basically just don't do any research. That's the trade-off if you insist on putting out 2-3 videos a day, I guess.

Week 30, 2017 (Jul 24 - Jul 30)

new releases

{2017.07.24}
[PS4] Typoman _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Brainseed Factory) (¥1.203)

{2017.07.27}
[3DS] Monster Hunter Stories Ver.1.2 Update <RPG> (Capcom) (¥3.990)
[PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: Kanzenmuketsu no My Honey <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥5.980)
[PSV] Kenka Bancho Otome: Kanzenmuketsu no My Honey (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) (¥5.500)
[PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)
[PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku (Limited Edition) <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥9.800)
[PSV] Hiiro no Kakera: Omoi Iro no Kioku (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.000)
[PSV] Wagamama High Spec # <ADV> (iMel) (¥4.980)
[PSV] Wagamama High Spec (First Press Limited Edition) <ADV> (iMel) (¥7.980)
[PSV] Wagamama High Spec (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (iMel) (¥3.980)
[PSV] Grisaia no Kajitsu: Side Episode <ADV> (Prototype) (¥4.000)
[PSV] Grisaia no Kajitsu: Side Episode (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Prototype) (¥3.333)
[PSV] Utsusemi no Mawari <ADV> (Matatabi) (¥6.800)
[PSV] Utsusemi no Mawari (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ADV> (Matatabi) (¥6.400)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥5.900)
[PS4] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥5.900)
[PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy <Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm \ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 \ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3> <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.800)
[PS4] Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy <Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm \ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 \ Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3> (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.800)
[PS4] DiRT 4 <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.980)
[PS4] DiRT 4 (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.100)
[XB1] DiRT 4 <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.980)
[XB1] DiRT 4 (&#949;) _Download Version_ |DL| <RCE> (Ubisoft) (¥7.100)

{2017.07.28}
[NSW] Ultra Hyperball _Nintendo Switch Download Software_ |DL| <ACT> (Springloaded) (¥907)

{2017.07.29}
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time # <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.980)
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time (New Nintendo 2DS LL Dragon Quest Liquid Metal Slime Edition) <BUN> (Nintendo) (¥22.480)
[3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time (&#949;) _Nintendo eShop Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥5.980)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time # <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥8.980)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time (PlayStation 4 Dragon Quest Lotto Edition) <BUN> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) (¥39.980)
[PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time (&#949;) _PS Store Download Version_ |DL| <RPG> (Square Enix) (¥8.980)
___

YSO predictions

01. [3DS] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time < 1,1m (average 1m)
02. [PS4] Dragon Quest XI: In Search of Departed Time < 1,1m (average 1m)
03. [NSW] Splatoon 2 < 170k (average 140k)

DQ PS4 prediction is outstanding. Not only 1 million+ in its first week but also on par with the 3DS SKU.

PS4 is doing way better than PS3 everywhere but Japan. That's probably why they expected more than the current situation.

PS4 is doing better than PS3 in Japan, in terms of total hardware and software sold.

SE was really banking on the PS4 to revive the home console market in Japan. They didn't really have any reason to believe this, but they did, so looking at it now, their massive push for the system in comparison to their underwhelming 3DS support seems questionable. It looks as if they're going to be a bigger advocate of the Switch however.

Nah. SE were banking on the PS4 being a massive success worldwide and their bets are being paid of.

If the ps4 version of DQ11 opens higher than the 3ds one it'll be one of the biggest crow ever served to Neogaf!

Wasn't that Monster Hunter World ;)

LordKano

PS4 is doing better than PS3 in Japan, in terms of total hardware and software sold.

Hence the "way" word. It's doing barely better than the PS3 in terms of hardware. I haven't see comparisons about software but I guess it's around the same. In the ROTW, the situtation is much more positive than the japanese one.

The damning part is that the more probable prediction (850k) is much more headline worthy. They basically just don't do any research. That's the trade-off if you insist on putting out 2-3 videos a day, I guess.

Lol, yep. Quality over quantity is an important virtue that people like that need to learn.

Oemenia

Banned
Hence the "way" word. It's doing barely better than the PS3 in terms of hardware. I haven't see comparisons about software but I guess it's around the same. In the ROTW, the situtation is much more positive than the japanese one.
Software is spread way more evenly which is great sign. Maybe we might start seeing games being less front-loaded now (especially now that more people are buying digital).

Nah. SE were banking on the PS4 being a massive success worldwide and their bets are being paid of.
FFXIII did singlehandedly save the PS3 in Japan, given the strength of the brand of DQ why can't it do the same? In fact the Wii never recovered at that point so maybe it was the lifeline that console gaming badly needed.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
You saying FFXIII killed the Wii?

As much as it saved PS3.
___

Famitsu didn't report MHXX sales despite it topped 1m at first week, neither new 2DS LL last week.

But maybe since Splatoon will exceed LTD of any other Switch game from first week, maybe they'll have something tomorrow. Otherwise the blog will leak numbers a few hours before official Media Create report.

Zedark

As much as it saved PS3.
___

Famitsu didn't report MHXX sales despite it topped 1m at first week, neither new 2DS LL last week.

But maybe since Splatoon will exceed LTD of any other Switch game from first week, maybe they'll have something tomorrow. Otherwise the blog will leak numbers a few hours before official Media Create report.
What time should we expect a Famitsu report if it happens? Or don't these reports have a set time?

suicreeps

IMO I feel like it will be hard for Splatoon to do less than 60% Install Base FW, it would really make me think why they're even buying the console if not.

IMO I feel like it will be hard for Splatoon to do less than 60% Install Base FW, it would really make me think why they're even buying the console.

Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms?

But I agree that I don't think it will sell less than 60% of the install base, and it's by far the biggest release the Switch has seen in Japan so you'd think most people that have bought the system will want to pick it up.

Top Bottom