• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 28, 2017 (Jul 10 - Jul 16)

Datschge

100% sure of that:
PR is not really helpful in such cases without details.

I checked some available staff listings with the Lord of Magna ending and while the matches with Rune Factory 4 are few, it has quite some matches with Neverland staff for RF: Tides of Destiny indeed.

Information about tomorrow's restock at retail stores (from the usual site).

[店頭販売店舗一覧]

店舗名 (shop name) - 販売方法 (sales method) - 販売時間 (selling time)
ビックカメラ (Bic Camera) - 抽選 (lottery) - 抽選受付9:00〜10:00 (lottery apply time)
ソフマップ (Sofmap) - 抽選 (lottery) - 詳細不明 (details unknown)
トイザらス (Toys R Us) - 抽選 (lottery) - 店舗ごとに異なる (different in each store)
ゲオ (Geo) - 不明 (unknown) - 店舗ごとに異なる (different in each store)
ヨドバシカメラ (Yodobashi Camera) - 不明 (unknown) - 未発表 (not yet announced)
ヤマダ電機 (Yamada Denki) - 不明 (unknown) - 未発表 - (not yet announced)

https://gamewith.jp/gamedb/article/show/43620?from=ios

well well well, saturday I can go both Bic Camera and Sofmap :D

damn, if I have 3 arms I could go to another shop >_<
(don't say malicious things, you all baka)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Most gaming stores open at 9:00-10:00.

Friday is a working day, who will line in the morning, students or workers?

Afternoon is when most buyers with preorders will go to get their copies and/or systems.

Ōkami

Dengeki

First week shipment of Hey! Pikmin and Final Fantasy XII HD was of 150.000 and 132.000 units respectively.

Sell through of Pikmin isn't very good, but at least the game has been well recieved, it should be able to sell through it, same goes for FF, first week shipment of Pikmin 3 wasn't much bigger from what I recall.

DFNPrmzW0AIk_jF.jpg

PS4 surpassed 20 million games sold this week, 22m-23m with digital, give or take.

For comparison, PS3 got to 20 million some time during 2010, while Vita got there just last October, PS4 will be above 21 million by the end of the month, the LTD difference between PS4 and PSV should be less than 1 million by the end of August.

Wii U died off before getting to 14 million.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
gamesmaya opens at 9:30 today.

Not many things she can do for Switch systems but Nintendo has sent plenty of stock for every peripheral and accessory.

Geg

Really curious to hear what stores are like in Japan today. I hope there's enough stock of the game

Bandai announced a Panzed und Girls game for... PS4

Dragon Ball, Gintama, PuG, Naruto, seems like BNGI has decided which platform to develop for

ok I go to buy a PS4 this morning

Well since we figured out ARMS sales for June we now know that with MC sales added the game has sold at least 440k. Will hit one million no problem.

&#332;kami;244044684 said:
Stores will be opening within the next hour, some at 8, some at 9.

Plenty of people that got it digitally at download have beaten it already somehow.

Not many pictures, but from what I've read plenty of stores are like this.

Queues like that for a game on a system that has barely sold a million, wowzers

13ruce

Banned

Plenty of people that got it digitally at download have beaten it already somehow.

Splatoon hype is insane.
Love it.

&#332;kami;244035522 said:
Dengeki

First week shipment of Hey! Pikmin and Final Fantasy XII HD was of 150.000 and 132.000 units respectively.

Sell through of Pikmin isn't very good, but at least the game has been well recieved, it should be able to sell through it, same goes for FF, first week shipment of Pikmin 3 wasn't much bigger from what I recall.

PS4 surpassed 20 million games sold this week, 22m-23m with digital, give or take.

For comparison, PS3 got to 20 million some time during 2010, while Vita got there just last October, PS4 will be above 21 million by the end of the month, the LTD difference between PS4 and PSV should be less than 1 million by the end of August.

Wii U died off before getting to 14 million.

So PS4 is beating PS3 in both hardware and software.

was about to post some. beat me to it.

https://twitter.com/kaztsu/status/888159256385536000
https://twitter.com/itouri_gochiusa/status/888168246834221056

Splatoon 2 digital edition already #1 on Amazon.
Amazon Prime has been down for the last 45 minutes, because of the Splatoon 2 Bundle

https://twitter.com/game_matome16/status/888170094697861120
to think splatoon 2 could kill amazon

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
From the other thread, since I've been a bit late for this one

I'd think it's more likely for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle to be coming to Switch.

I doubt it's going to be an Extend version of Central Fiction when they said there isn't going to be one, unless there's a bait and switch.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/blazblue-creator-next-title-completely-new-not-fighting-game

The Famitsu article is from October of last year, EVO would have been the perfect time to announce an Extend version, instead it was DLC for Jubei as highlighted in the article which is a highly demanded character.

Edit: and going back to the article here from red bull:

It feels unlikely that there would be an Extend version of Central Fiction because:

- The story for the main character has ended.
- The creator of the series is now working on a new game that isn't a fighting game
- Their big announcements at EVO were Jubei as DLC for Central Fiction and the announcement of BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

When ASW didn't specify what BlazBlue title would be coming to Switch back in January, I think it becomes very likely it will be the new title and not Central Fiction, otherwise... They could have announced it already?

Thanks for the detailed post and for the sources. So yeah, it seems so far Mori is following what he said back in October, thus the possibilities of an Extend version are slim. It's still possible that ASW's Blazblue for Switch is a port of Central Fiction with DLCs included (not an Extend version, more like a GOTY one for a brand new system), but it's also true that the more time passes the slimmer its odds become. We'll see, I guess :p

Also, since Media Create tracked Amazon.co.jp's Bomberman bundles, an update to my own Switch software sales analysis (as of Week 25, 2017)

Media Create: Road to 1.000.000 hardware

PS4 - 46 weeks - 2.500.000 software
WIU - 33 weeks - 1.634.000 software
NSW - 17 weeks - 1.724.000 software

First Party

Total first party sales - > 1,402,903*

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 535,636
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 513,038
1-2 Switch - > 224,829*
Arms - 129,400

* Added Week 25, 2017's sales for the game at 20th in MC Charts to 1-2 Switch's LTD for Week 24, 2017 in order to get a ceiling

Third party

Total third party sales - > 321,097

Let's consider all the third party known sales so far

Super Bomberman R - < 91,923*
Dragon Quest Heroes I-II for Nintendo Switch (as of Week 12, 2017) - 41,419
Seiken Densetsu Collection - 37,728 (as of Week 24, 2017)
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (as of Week 22, 2017) - 21,139
Puyo Puyo Tetris S (as of Week 10, 2017) - 17,323
Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker (as of Week 16, 2017) - 7,447

Total known sales - < 216,979

Third party sales still unkown (Disgaea 5: Complete + I am Sestuna + Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit + Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power Up Kit + all the other games with weekly sales missing) - > 104,118

*using SBR's LTD as of Week 27, 2017 as ceiling

Cross-tracker theory (so, it can't be 100% reliable) by assuming Dengeki post-launch sales were similar to MC's sales outside of Top 20, going with MC debuts

First party

Total first party sales - 1,402,603

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 535,636
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 513,038
1-2 Switch - 224,529
Arms - 129,400

Third party

Total third party sales - 321,397

Super Bomberman R - < 91,923
Dragon Quest Heroes I-II for Nintendo Switch - 58,524 (as of Week 23, 2017) | < 60,079*
Puyo Puyo Tetris S - 40,965 (as of Week 24, 2017) | < 41,876*
Seiken Densetsu Collection - 39,084
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers - 24,595 (as of Week 24, 2017) | < 25,506*
Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker (as of Week 20, 2017) - 14,211 (as of Week 20, 2017) | < 18,275**

* same criteria used for 1-2 Switch, but translated with Dengeki numbers and by using the sales at 50th for each week in order to get a ceiling
** the weakest estimate considering how many recent Dengeki charts it missed

Total theorical sales - < 276,743

Third party sales for the titles that never appeared on MC top 20 (Disgaea 5: Complete + I am Setsuna + Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence with Power Up Kit + Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII with Power Up Kit) - > 44,654

Bolded = all the changes compared to the last update - http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=242240697&postcount=332

Kudo

&#332;kami;244047825 said:
Its time.

Bic Camera is selling Splatoon 2 bundles today, stand alone systems tomorrow.

! They have the Joy-cons, wish Amazon would restock soon, they're so cheap if you import.

&#332;kami;244047825 said:
Its time.

Bic Camera is selling Splatoon 2 bundles today, stand alone systems tomorrow.

Someone has to get a shot at the end of the day, i reckon everything splatoon themed will be gone by closing time

D.Lo

Heaps of stock of the game and accessories at Bic Akiba. I got everything easily, they had a little shop set up out the front.

Switch raffle line is out the back and is huge.

Yodobashi is covered in signs saying sold out lol

13ruce

Banned
Good they restocked original Splatoon Amiibo's too Marie and Callie are gonna be popular too again thanks to the campaign mode.

KtSlime

Heaps of stock of the game and accessories at Bic Akiba. I got everything easily, they had a little shop set up out the front.

Switch raffle line is out the back and is huge.

Yodobashi is covered in signs saying sold out lol

I wonder what they did to get snubbed by Nintendo today.

ggx2ac

From the other thread, since I've been a bit late for this one

Thanks for the detailed post and for the sources. So yeah, it seems so far Mori is following what he said back in October, thus the possibilities of an Extend version are slim. It's still possible that ASW's Blazblue for Switch is a port of Central Fiction with DLCs included (not an Extend version, more like a GOTY one for a brand new system), but it's also true that the more time passes the slimmer its odds become. We'll see, I guess :p

Also, since Media Create tracked Amazon.co.jp's Bomberman bundles, an update to my own Switch software sales analysis (as of Week 25, 2017)

ASW fighting games are niche as it is.

Port of one year old fighting game you could already get on Steam/PS4/XB1 and is heavily discounted at retail Vs Shiny new fighting game

That's why I'd think BBCTB is more likely than BBCF for Switch.

I mean, we're already seeing that with Dragon Ball FighterZ that Switch owners were initially interested in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 but then Dragon Ball FighterZ came along...

orange #500

surely I'll get it

No lines here for Splatoon 2, now I go to Sofmap, then to work then I come back to buy my Splatoon 2 bundle (^_^)b

Sofmap opened at 8:00 (now 9:51), anyone inside

Omiya Sony-land confirmed

Top Bottom