• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 29, 2012 (Jul 16 - Jul 22)

Mr Swine

Banned
[Wii] Dragon Quest X - 326,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 765,000
[3DS] Demon Training/ONI Training - 68,000

I think that Demon training will flop big time

LayLa

Demon Training will sell less than expected and the thread will be full of "bomba lol", then in 3 years time someone will spot a cumulative retail + digital total at the bottom of an investors meeting slide and we'll all be amazed

Salvadora

Demon Training will sell less than expected and the thread will be full of "bomba lol", then in 3 years time someone will spot a cumulative retail + digital total at the bottom of an investors meeting slide and we'll all be amazed

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

watershed

Banned
I think Brain Training will truck along even if it fails to impress initially. Hasn't Nintendogs done quite well for itself despite not matching previous entries' sales?

Gaborn

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 850,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 825,000
[3DS] Demon Training - 250,000

I THINK a lot of people know the Wii U DQX is coming and are betting that fans will wait for that as the definitive version. I'm betting fans won't wait, I'm betting they buy BOTH versions.

smbu2000

There aren't many blogs with reports for Saturday first day sales. The general impression at retail is NSMB2>>>Oni Training with high sellthrough for 3DS LL.

Maybe the deadline must change to the time Famitsu will give early numbers at Monday or Tuesday. Predictions made after then will have the advantage to know first week sales.
Anecdotal, but regarding HW the Bic Camera where I live (Nagoya) sold out of White 3DS LL's on Sunday night. I took a picture of the "white is sold out" sign they posted.
They still had Silver and Red available.

I pre-ordered my White LL (and nsmb2) and picked it up on release day from Bic.

I didn't get a chance to check out Sofmap as they close earlier than Bic...The small Geo near me had all 3 colors in stock.

I hope we get some early HW/SW numbers!

nordique

I am hoping DQX does better than we all think. Though I am going to go with 650k for DQX.

Would be nice if it gave the Wii a surprise mini-push and renaissance but it does not seem so.

I am hoping DQX does better than we all think. Though I am going to go with 650k for DQX.

Would be nice if it gave the Wii a surprise mini-push and renaissance but it does not seem so.

I imagine anyone that doesn't own a Wii by now and wants DQX might just wait on the Wii U version. Also holy shit but Dragon Quext X is the last Wii release scheduled. Sad what happened to that system in Japan. In retrospect's Dragona's fucked chart was right.

Forever

Banned
I wonder why we haven't seen even a single glimpse of the Wii U version of DQX. Are they afraid that no one will buy the Wii version if they show it? Does it exist?

I can't wait to see what sorcery Level 5 cooks up for DQXI. They always push any hardware platform to the very bleeding edge.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I wonder why we haven't seen even a single glimpse of the Wii U version of DQX. Are they afraid that no one will buy the Wii version if they show it? Does it exist?

Seems to make sense to only focus on the version coming out shortly. There will be plenty of time to show off the Wii U version.

nordique

I imagine anyone that doesn't own a Wii by now and wants DQX might just wait on the Wii U version. Also holy shit but Dragon Quext X is the last Wii release scheduled. Sad what happened to that system in Japan. In retrospect's Dragona's fucked chart was right.

Wow...is it really the last Wii release scheduled in Japan?

It is sad when considering what its potential could have been. But it is what it is. Hopefully Japanese gamers are not turned off the Wii brand. Luckily Nintendo is still very strong there, especially with the 3DS.

Drago

Anecdotal, but regarding HW the Bic Camera where I live (Nagoya) sold out of White 3DS LL's on Sunday night. I took a picture of the "white is sold out" sign they posted.
They still had Silver and Red available.

I pre-ordered my White LL (and nsmb2) and picked it up on release day from Bic.

I didn't get a chance to check out Sofmap as they close earlier than Bic...The small Geo near me had all 3 colors in stock.

I hope we get some early HW/SW numbers!
Nice to see that White may be doing the best out of the 3DS LL colors. Hope it convinces NoA to release it faster x_x

Will there just be total numbers or numbers for every color? I'm new to this :p

Nice to see that White may be doing the best out of the 3DS LL colors. Hope it convinces NoA to release it faster x_x

Will there just be total numbers or numbers for every color? I'm new to this :p

Total. Although we did get a color number a while later last year when Red came out.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
[Wii] Dragon Quest X - 670,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 620,000
[3DS] Demon Training/ONI Training - 200,000

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Maybe the deadline must change to the time Famitsu will give early numbers at Monday or Tuesday. Predictions made after then will have the advantage to know first week sales.

But there is a very big possibilitty Famitsu won't give software numbers tomorrow.

Question: Has any console ever had it's last release before it's successor even came out?
Nope. The closest was Gamecube, which had it's final game release the same day as it's successor (Wii). Even "failed" systems like Sega Mark III, MegaDrive, N64 or Xbox had releases after their successors released.

That said, there's still probably a couple more Wii releases in the pipeline, like PES Playmaker 2013, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Epic Mickey 2 or the two Namco Bandai releases for the fiscal year.

Sadist

[Wii] Dragon Quest X - 710,000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 940,000
[3DS] Demon Training/ONI Training - 250,000

Nope. The closest was Gamecube, which had it's final game release the same day as it's successor (Wii). Even "failed" systems like Sega Mark III, MegaDrive, N64 or Xbox had releases after their successors released.

That said, there's still probably a couple more Wii releases in the pipeline, like PES Playmaker 2013, Rodea the Sky Soldier, Epic Mickey 2 or the two Namco Bandai releases for the fiscal year.

:'(

chris3116

Do you think that DQX will push some Wii hardware sales in Japan? Like many of you, I'd like to see the Wii U version of DQX.

Nekki

Predict how much these titles will sell in the 4 weeks (from July 30th to August 26th):

[WII] Dragon Quest X - 450000
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 899000
[3DS] Demon Training - 280000

test_account

XP-39C²

There is a hardware bundle, so a bump will happen. But i guess you mean in the long run, i dont think this will happen.

donny2112

edit: but it looks like it was same day in japan, nevermind...

It was only released online in Japan. The last sales numbers we have for a GameCube game seem to be from July 2006, so from that perspective, the last "sales ranked" GameCube game came out prior to Wii's release.

It was only released online in Japan. The last sales numbers we have for a GameCube game seem to be from July 2006, so from that perspective, the last "sales ranked" GameCube game came out prior to Wii's release.
New releases yes, but a budget reprint of Gotcha Force ranked in 2007 iirc.

Celine

Question: Has any console ever had it's last release before it's successor even came out?
Sort of.
The last cartridge for PcEngine came out a week before the PC-FX launch.
The last CD-rom for the "expansione" came out in 1997 (ironically the last PC-FX game came out just one year after).

Worldwide the better example would be Atari with the 7800 -> Jaguar "transition".

Top Bottom