• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 33, 2017 (Aug 14 - Aug 20)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Secret of Mana/SKD2 Remake confirmed for Vita/PS4/Steam.

Skipping Switch..maybe because it would have negative effect on PS4/PSV sales ? Or because they already released the SoM Collection on it.

Still hope we get the Switch Collection in the west.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
KT was one of the best third party on Switch. They reiterated their support anticipating one game after the other, being keen to exclusives and multiplatform games thanks to Switch being compatiblee with their in house engine

Yet Switch gets these years old ports but not DQ9 nor Attack on Titans

SE is another strong third party on Switch, yet they seems to being considering only the chibi / mobile version of FF but especially sold a 2d rom collection of Secret of mana at full price (is this correct?) while PS4 and even Vita get the 3d remake

I would really like to know are really are Nintendo relationships behind the curtains with third parties

KtSlime

Skipping the Switch isn't even the weird thing, where is the smartphone announcement for it, it looks to be running in the same engine as the first one for smartphone did, clearly with budget smartphone graphics in mind.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Skipping the Switch isn't even the weird thing, where is the smartphone announcement for it, it looks to be running in the same engine as the first one for smartphone did, clearly with budget smartphone graphics in mind.

Hmm...now that i think about it....Switch and Smartphones already have the OG Sprite based SoM - so maybe thats the reason. So initial focus are PS plattforms and PC...with the other ones getting ports maybe down the line if it makes sense.

vareon

I kinda think this is a mobile project first and then repurposed to launch first on PS4/Vita/Steam somehow. Maybe the performance of the first one wasn't too hot?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Its very weird to me that the Secret of Mana remake isn't coming to Switch. It shouldn't be that hard to port.

Hmm...now that i think about it....Switch and Smartphones already have the OG Sprite based SoM - so maybe thats the reason. So initial focus are PS plattforms and PC...with the other ones getting ports maybe down the line if it makes sense.

Not on the west, though :(

KtSlime

Could be. Maybe they think they could get some PS4 money first and then release on Smartphone with a lower price.

I kinda think this is a mobile project first and then repurposed to launch first on PS4/Vita/Steam somehow. Maybe the performance of the first one wasn't too hot?

Don't think so, according to App Annie it is still up pretty high on the charts, staying around the top 50 of RPGs on the market.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Ōkami;246922898 said:
Like clockwork, new Yakuza game this year.

That's Yakuza, Call of Duty and Dynasty Warriors as the big PS4 titles for the rest of the year.

Is Dynasty Warriors 9 this year, it looks at very early stage from footage, unless it really has so bad performance.

Don't quite understand the logic behind bringing SoM Collection and DW8 to the Switch but not the SoM2 Remake and DW9.

Third parties are so weird with this platform, but alright lol.

L~A

SoM remake announcement is baffling given Square-Enix's support so far, with everything getting Switch version except the western/high-end stuff (like FFXV). Especially if you take into account the collection.

It's clearly another Unity-made 3D remake, so it's even more puzzling.

That being said, with those graphics, I'm in no hurry to get it, ha ha.

Conjecture: Seiken Densetsu 2 may have been in development or slated for development prior to the decision to port the games to switch.

SoM5 could be in development for both platforms, hence the switch ports.

BREAKING NEWS: Square Enix still is friends with Sony.

No, I'm not too surprised, although it would've made sense to put Secret of Mana 3D on Switch after the success of Seiken Densetsu Collection in Japan.

Yet Switch gets these years old ports but not DQ9 nor Attack on Titans

Regarding Attack on Titan 2, they said that they can't confirm Switch right now, since they're not sure if the Switch can run the game. The final specs aren't determined yet. This probably means they'll skip Switch except when there's an internet uproar of fans. :p

Zedark

SoM remake announcement is baffling given Square-Enix's support so far, with everything getting Switch version except the western/high-end stuff (like FFXV).

Not so sure that isn't happening, the hints from Tabata and subsequent discounting of the pocket edition for Switch suggests they are actually putting that on Switch.

L~A

Conjecture: Seiken Densetsu 2 may have been in development or slated for development prior to the decision to port the games to switch.

SoM5 could be in development for both platforms, hence the switch ports.

Maybe, but it's now been almost 6 months since the Switch came out, and this remake doesn't look like something that would require lots of resources and time to bring over.

Not so sure that isn't happening, the hints from Tabata and subsequent discounting of the pocket edition for Switch suggests they are actually putting that on Switch.

Oh, my bad. Even if FFXV Switch is indeed happening, it's not gonna be for a long while, so really didn't think of that.

S-E is (and will be) a great Switch supporter ;D

Well yeah, which is why the whole thing is weird. We're not talking about Capcom here.

Orgen

Well yeah, which is why the whole thing is weird. We're not talking about Capcom here.

Not saying that this is the same case for Seiken Densetsu 2 remake but not announcing a Switch version now doesn't mean the game is not coming to Switch later.

Hey at least today no odd got mad at me for these weird third party decisions :D

Maybe you're on everyone's ignore list...

simpsons-shifty-dog-o.gif

Some nice Koei-Tecmo games coming to Switch and everyone loses their minds over a questionable-graphic remake of Secret of Mana. Especially after Switch already has the game!

I reckon Switch will get a dual-pack of AoT 1 & 2.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Some nice Koei-Tecmo games coming to Switch and everyone loses their minds over a questionable-graphic remake of Secret of Mana. Especially after Switch already has the game!

I would take a localization of the collection over the HD one, but that isn't happening either. About KT, I'm more interested in new stuff and SoM would be a perfect tabletop mode game.

-----------------

Back for a day in the Netherlands, will be away for another week, so next week's image will be late as well, somewhere during the weekend.

Didn't know you're Dutch too :D
Anyway, thanks for the graph! Still insane to see how big the attach rate drop of MK8D and BOTW is since Splatoon 2 launch. It's completely obvious why, but the dip still is insane. Unbelievable how popular Splatoon has become in Japan.

Oregano

Nice, but old(super old in WO3's case) Koei Tecmo games.

Nice, but old(super old in WO3's case) Koei Tecmo games.

Samurai Warriors is only about a year old right? And I mean, WO3 was old when it came to PS4 & Vita... it's just even older now :p

Still, it's an obvious sign of what to come and, like AniHawk says, probably the quickest, easiest way they can show some early support.

Orgen

Ignore list is fine, nobody taking you seriously anymore is bad.

Hahaha why so mean Chris??? Did you have a bad holiday summer? :p (not saying that you're wrong btw). Anyway I suppose that every time a third party game is not announced for Switch it'll happen again... so yeah, it was bound to happen.

test_account

XP-39C²
I'm guessing there would've been more interest at that time vs now.
Thats true, but at the same time, it would have ment less interest in the 3DS version. I think those things could have been evening things out. Releasing it later on would mean a bigger chance for double dippers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hahaha why so mean Chris??? Did you have a bad holiday summer? :p (not saying that you're wrong btw). Anyway I suppose that every time a third party game is not announced for Switch it'll happen again... so yeah, it was bound to happen.

He is probably mad that I don't care at all about his comments :)

About the specific topic, third party situation is still not set in stone and this is why many people, so often discuss it
Once found a common ground or settled a baseline, the discussion will dry up

At the end of the day, I brought it up about Capcom, I have been attacked, and then the discussion lasted some pages without any post by me. Now about those two today's games it seems others think in line with my post

So...

Orgen

He is probably mad that I don't care at all about his comments :)

About the specific topic, third party situation is still not set in stone and this is why many people, so often discuss it
Once found a common ground or settled a baseline, the discussion will dry up

At the end of the day, I brought it up about Capcom, I have been attacked, and then the discussion lasted some pages without any post by me. Now about those two today's games it seems others think in line with my post

So...

I think is more that he doesn't care about your comments anymore ;D

You have more and more Switch games announcements each week (3 Koei titles today for example) so where do you define that "baseline" settlement of third party games for Switch? What will happen if Switch gets more third party games in Japan in its first year than PS4 for example? I'm pretty sure that you'll find new excuses like "but there's no Final Fantasy XV/Monster Hunter World" or "they're late ports not localized" or whatever it fits your narrative, it's a neverending story.

That's why it's tiresome, you've already been told about it a million times and now people knows better your stich so they don't bother replying to you :)

No hard feelings.

L~A

All the ports are sold for 6800 yen each ? Like, what the fuck ?

And no loyalty discount or special offer or anything.

At least, they come with ALL the DLC released on other platforms (minus a few tidbits), and we all know how DLC-happy Koei-Tecmo is, so it's not that bad a deal... unless you don't care about DLC, I guess.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Thats true, but at the same time, it would have ment less interest in the 3DS version. I think those things could have been evening things out. Releasing it later on would mean a bigger chance for double dippers.
Are we having the same discussion again? The way Capcom handled MHXX Switch was the worst possible one. And if what is rumored that is coming after Monster Hunter World is true the way they treat Monster Hunter franchise doesn't look better.

Oregano

Samurai Warriors is only about a year old right? And I mean, WO3 was old when it came to PS4 & Vita... it's just even older now :p

Still, it's an obvious sign of what to come and, like AniHawk says, probably the quickest, easiest way they can show some early support.

It goes back to what we were discussing last week though about late ports and Switch. There's no effort going into making the new Switch SKUs attractive.

There's nothing new about them(extra content/modes for instance) and they're still full price(probably more expensive than the Vita SKUs were even). At least they bundle in DLC*cough*Xenoverse 2*cough*.

The fact that Warriors Orochi 3 is five years old and the Ultimate version is three years old just means they wound up before they gave the slap in the face.

Zedark

Are we having the same discussion again? The way Capcom handled MHXX Switch was the worst possible one. And if what is rumored that is coming after Monster Hunter World is true the way they treat Monster Hunter franchise doesn't look better.
What rumour are you referring to?

Sandfox

It goes back to what we were discussing last week though about late ports and Switch. There's no effort going into making the new Switch SKUs attractive.

There's nothing new about them(extra content/modes for instance) and they're still full price(probably more expensive than the Vita SKUs were even). At least they bundle in DLC*cough*Xenoverse 2*cough*.

The fact that Warriors Orochi 3 is five years old and the Ultimate version is three years old just means they wound up before they gave the slap in the face.

I don't really see how it's a slap in the face. KT always does these kind of ports and we know they have other stuff coming.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I think is more that he doesn't care about your comments anymore ;D

You have more and more Switch games announcements each week (3 Koei titles today for example) so where do you define that "baseline" settlement of third party games for Switch? What will happen if Switch gets more third party games in Japan in its first year than PS4 for example? I'm pretty sure that you'll find new excuses like "but there's no Final Fantasy XV/Monster Hunter World" or "they're late ports not localized" or whatever it fits your narrative, it's a neverending story.

That's why it's tiresome, you've already been told about it a million times and now people knows better your stich so they don't bother replying to you :)

No hard feelings.

When there will be actual efforts and not old ports we can agree about third party support being decent, I suppose
Or when companies will actually start announcing games

I mean, if we look at SE and KT we can agree that they have decent to good support, and exactly because of that today's games sounds weird (I am not here claiming disappointment about Yakima not being g developed for Switch, right?)

If we look at Level 5 we all can agree that they wasn't planning to pro actively support the Switch

If we look at NIS we can see how they are betting on the console

Then there is Capcom, and despite having g being attacked before, we can now agree how weird their Switch approach has been and still is imho

So we could even find a settlement about third parties today, if more people would simply agree about how bad the situation was before launch and has been so far in terms of announcement and not only releases

And that probably this is due primarily to the ni tends will to position the Switch as a Wii u successor only, initially, to keep the 3ds revenue stream alive not only in the eyes of the consumers but also of the developers

I thought these ports in particular bundled the DLC in?

Which is exactly what Omega Force did all generation with their late ports on Vita, stuff like Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires. And late ports on PS4 like Dynasty Warriors 8 XL and Toukiden Kiwami.

Not sure why they'd change their strategy up now specifically for Switch?

Top Bottom