• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2013 (Aug 26 - Sep 01)

Asd202

Puppeteer would have done SO MUCH better on Vita.

And would be another exclusive for the system. Oh well...

Sony sending great games to die. Nothing new.

image.php

Sorry I had to :(.

Holy shit at 3ds domination everything else is dead lol.

Bruno MB

Media Create.

[PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 19.720 / 445.437 (-95%) 80.000 units in stock.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
3DS aint playing around....sales age after MH4 hits wont be the same.

PSVita owners seem to be more receptive to new games. I guess new IPs would have a better chance to succeed on a younger platform than on PS3 wight now.

I just think that as with TW101, there's not much appeal for a game like this in the market, sadly. It wouldn't have done much better to save it from bomba, that's for sure.

Media Create.

[PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980) - 19.720 / 445.437 (-95%) 80.000 units in stock.

Yeah, definitely won't be another shipment. This will mess up some predictions I saw.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Japan just a one platform country at the moment. Can't be healthy. All eyes on the PS4 I guess and Sony to single-handedly revive home console gaming?

Foshy

Yikes! What is the next Vita game that might be able to pull impressive numbers?

This year's release list (without re-releases). I bolded the titles which I believe are Top 10 sellers, might have missed or overestimated some. Biggest one is definitely going to be God Eater 2.

The revision (PCH-2000) hits October 10, Vita TV November 14. People might hold off buying Vitas until those 2 release.

09/10
Miku Miku Hockey

09/19
Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru.

09/26
Chronos Materia
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sen no Kiseki
Koshoku Meikyuu Rondo: La Roue de fortune
Musou Orochi 2 Ultimate
Rui wa Tomo o Yobu
San Goku Shi 12 with Power-Up Kit

10/12
Dangan-Ronpa 1-2 Reload
Slotter Mania V: Gakuen Mokushiroku - Highschool of the Dead
Soccer Tsuku: Pro Soccer Club o Tsukurou!
Tsukei Gakuen: kou

10/17
FIFA 14: World Class Soccer

10/24
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2013
Sengoku Musou 2 with Moushouden & Empires HD Version

10/31
Chou Tsugitsugimono Game Neptune Re:Birth1
Gundam Breaker
Naitei! Shuukatsu Kanzen Taisaku - ES - SPI - Mensetsu

11/07
Akiba's Trip 2
Exstetra

11/14
God Eater 2

11/21
Shin Rorona no Atelier: Hajimari no Monogatari - Arland no Renkinjutsushi

11/28
Bitter Smile.
Criminal Girls: Invitation
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Motto 20-Bai! Mahjong ga Kyou Kunaru Houhou - Hatsu Chuukyuusha Hen
Nihon Pro Mahjong Renmei Kounin: Tokoton Mahjong! Joryuu Pro ni Chousen! Tetsuman Megami Special
Rozen Maiden: Wechseln Sie Welt ab
Shin Sangoku Musou 7 with Musouden
Steins;Gate: Senkei Kousoku no Phenogram
White Album 2: Shiawase no Mukougawa

12/05
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

12/19
Amnesia: V Edition
Hakuouki: Kyouka Roku
Otomate Special Pack
Shin Gundam Musou

Glass Rebel

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
You forgot mobile so it's 3DS and smartphone games :p.

*deep and soul-rending sigh* All hail Wonderflick, the future of the medium.

Puppeteer should have been a PS4 launch thing really, not that I ever really imagined it would do well in Japan anyway. I'm interested in it myself, but there certainly is something off-putting about the whole thing. The pantomime voices and weird EVERYTHING JUMPING aspects of it grind my teeth a little.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Japan just a one platform country at the moment. Can't be healthy. All eyes on the PS4 I guess and Sony to single-handedly revive home console gaming?

Ehh. I am skeptical. Third parties seem content to keep on the platforms they are having success with, and I have seen little evidence of a renewed focus by Sony first parties.

Considering the gap in install base Killzone beating Puppeteer is astonishing.

It really is, especially considering that Puppeteer should be much more appealing for the japanese market. Being outsold by a FPS on a system with a fraction of the PS3's user base is really something else.
I guess it's a case of PS3 owners rather playing something else and vita owners being desperate for new games.

Pie and Beans

With such sales, I'm wondering why Japan isn't fully supporting 3DS.

Just because the hardware sales are there doesn't mean third party are assured success. For instance, its going to be interesting to compare New IP Hunting game Gaist Crusher to Toukiden and Soul Sacrifice come December.

Sometimes the lack of titles that eat all the pie on a platform can be a boon for third party.

wrowa

The revision (PCH-2000) hits October 10, Vita TV November 14. People might hold off buying Vitas until those 2 release.

This week's sales are up to last Sunday, so the Vita revision wasn't announced yet when the counting period ended.

If sales will go even lower due to the upcoming revision, we haven't seen the bottom yet...

Foshy

This week's sales are up to last Sunday, so the Vita revision wasn't announced yet when the counting period ended.

If sales will go even lower due to the upcoming revision, we haven't seen the bottom yet...

Yeah, I know. I didn't talk about this week specifically, just that sales probably won't rise much until they come out.

Pie and Beans

Surely you mean Vita TV?

Ugh. If only they'd waited for enough PS4 pads to be made or something. It seems like such a half bungled product where stuff like the systems best games like Gravity Rush CAN'T be played on it. Hopefully Sony patch it or something or just... what a weird half measure release.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
With such sales, I'm wondering why Japan isn't fully supporting 3DS.

Well, maybe not all of them is supporting 3DS, but the majority is. Even Square seems to be back on track. Since August, we've had DQM2, Bravely Default:Fts, with the promises of the sequel, and Theatrhythm 2. And let's not forget DQXI will be on 3DS with almost no doubt.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Is the WW bundle coming out next week in Japan?

I'm completely lost on the Japanese dates.

Wind Waker is out the 26th in Japan and I don't believe a price cut or hardware bundle has been announced.

test_account

XP-39C²
It really is, especially considering that Puppeteer should be much more appealing for the japanese market. Being outsold by a FPS on a system with a fraction of the PS3's user base is really something else.
I guess it's a case of PS3 owners rather playing something else and vita owners being desperate for new games.
11k for Killzone doesnt exactly sound like Vita owners are desperate for new games.

Killzone is a somewhat established IP in Japan and the Mecernary sales are actually quite poor compared to Killzone 2 & 3. I don't think there's a real winner here.

Top Bottom