• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2014 (Aug 25 - Aug 31)

hiska-kun

The 38k prediction by Sinobi sounds optimistic now. lol

So this week is where we'll get new info for Capcom's new game from Famitsu. Anybody knows what that is?

Yeah, is this week. No leaks so far, but some hints are pointing Sengoku Basara.
Nothing sure yet.

Takao

Banned
clearly famitsu's capcom game is sengoku basara 4 wiiutage
this is why sce didn't feature it during press conference

someone should get a list of worst handheld/console debuts ready
bring that neogeo and other real obscure stuff

NeoGeo Pocket launched at 21,471 first week in late 1998. Can the Xbox One beat the NeoGeo Pocket? STAY TUNED!

You mean PS3 only.

The conference snubbed every PS3 only console game.

Takao

Banned
i remember ms teasing a sega game
i figured it was a port of pso2 or a new virtual on or some arcade port thing
what happened to that?
could it have been puyo puyo tetris??

small44

On 360, Dead Rising did 22,240 first week, and Dead Rising 2 did 40,963 first week.

Dead Rising 3 doing like 5K or less...it's pathetic, even by Xbox standards.
But Dead rising and Dead rising 2 launched when xbox360 install base was bigger then X1.
X1 first week sale seem very week if x1 is doing something like 30k a game solding 5k in not bad at all

But Dead rising and Dead rising 2 launched when xbox360 install base was bigger then X1.
X1 first week sale seem very week if x1 is doing something like 30k a game solding 5k in not bad at all

The best selling launch games always have high attach rates.

5k is terrible. Period.

small44

The best selling launch games always have high attach rates.

5k is terrible. Period.

25% of people buy Yakuza Ishin with their ps4 and if x1 sell 30k and DR sell 5k it would mean 16% of people buy their x1 with Dead rising.
Percentage difference is not that big

Imouto

Banned
25% of people buy Yakuza Ishin with their ps4 and if x1 sell 30k and DR sell 5k it would mean 16% of people buy their x1 with Dead rising.
Percentage difference is not that big

Percentage doesn't decide the support from 3rd party. They look at the number.

SmokyDave

Capcom, your typos haven't been funny in a while:

vmo4qJS.png

http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio_series/index.html
They must've copied over the platforms from their upcoming Auto Modellista press release.

Seriously though, how on earth have they accidentally slipped the Vita in there?!

Imouto

Banned
They must've copied over the platforms from their upcoming Auto Modellista press release.

Seriously though, how on earth have they accidentally slipped the Vita in there?!

At this point you would have to wonder if it's actually a trend to troll the Vita. Because I think it is.

crinale

As for DQX for 3DS, Amazon Japan just stopped carrying it (you can still buy it from other sellers).
It doesn't say out of stock or anything so maybe SE did something?

Edit: Yodobashi and other ratailers' online store acted the same, hmm.
And SE's official store is not handling it now either.

zeromcd73

As for DQX for 3DS, Amazon Japan just stopped carrying it (you can still buy it from other sellers).

It seems to also have been pulled from the Nintendo eShop.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Why these issues with dqx? Sold out or bug fixing? In any case this will hurt sales. A pity for them considering how the game was gathering interest.
About basara U where the rumor comes from? Why bother with that and not revelations2 when historically the N fanbase cared more about RE brand than musou-like games?

hiska-kun

About basara U where the rumor comes from? Why bother with that and not revelations2 when historically the N fanbase cared more about RE brand than musou-like games?

Hints are pointing a Basara game, but it's not confirmed yet. So could be another game.
About the U thing, people just assumed that if was a PS format announcement, we should've known in the Sony's conference. So that's why some people said Basara U. (Still I think they weren't serious).

zeromcd73

You won't find it.
It's a leak, I got this information from a retailer I know. She also gave me a free ticket for Tokyo Game Show. Yay
E936DFBD-A29F-4301-9C9D-ADA2AE357599_zpsy3v1tx3y.jpg
Oh wow, that's fantastic. I hope you have lots of fun at TGS. Be sure to post impressions if you play any demos (especially Bloodborne, ToZ, or GE2RB). :)

You must be a great customer for her to let you in on some secret release dates and give you a free ticket to TGS :)

Bravely Default FTS Ultimate Hits back in stock at Yodobashi and Amazon.

Get those shipments SE! They are doing everything right with this franchise. I'm expecting big numbers for Bravely Second. :)

It's been like that since launch.

extralite

Ah, you're right.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/40737919.html
I wasn't paying attention properly. The Dragon Quest X "reviews" on the 3DS eShop were taken down, not the game itself which was never on it >.>
I've been checking the eShop for scores the last few days but there never were any. Nintendo apparently isn't allowing them to go up for some reason.

Why these issues with dqx? Sold out or bug fixing? In any case this will hurt sales. A pity for them considering how the game was gathering interest.

I'm guessing they have limited cloud server capacity and are limiting sales of download cards as well. So they were probably never going to sell a lot from the start and from the looks of it might have sold too many already. Unless it loses momentum completely I'd assume they will increase server capacity step by step.

It still is gathering interest and if it works for enough people it will also have good word of mouth eventually to balance out the backlash we're experiencing now (the current situation with frequent maintenances is also very similar to the launches of the other versions or big updates). I don't think it's a coincidence that the all-in-one package is in stores currently as well, any new version is always also meant to remind people of the existing ones.

small44

Percentage doesn't decide the support from 3rd party. They look at the number.

You said the launch games has high attach rates so i said Dead rising 3 has a good attach rate and i don't think the studios expect big number

Top Bottom