• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2011 (Sep 12 - Sep 18)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wow, judging by the 3DS numbers I assumed it was a holiday of some sort.

Obviously huge drop for ToX. Not going to reach a million, but still a great success.

Are there any plans for more shipments of DQ Collection or is that it?

Chris1964 said:
02./01. [PS3] Tales of Xillia # <RPG> (Bandai Namco) {2011.09.08} (¥8.379) - 47.297 / 572.902 (-91%)

Hahahahaha who were those people who said this one might have legs and hit 1 million? I was thinking it'd be lucky to hit 800k but yeah it won't even hit that.

Alrus

schuelma said:
Are there any plans for more shipments of DQ Collection or is that it?

I would be surprised if square didn't ship at least a bit more, that would leaving money on the table for no reasons.

Takuya

Banned
[Nintex] said:
Woah a 3DS bump.

I'm going to order a dish of crow what sauce should I get with that?
It's about a 20% increase over last week. It isn't a 'huge' bump, but still nice to see.

19./19. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops - Dubbed Edition (Reprint) <ACT> (Square Enix) {2011.09.01} (¥3.990) - 5.077 / 20.414 (-19%)

Considering there are 3 other versions of this, this is very very good. Based on sales of past budget editions of call of duty, this should drive the game to over 500k+ for next generation sales.

RPGamer92

Banned
Kifimbo said:
We need a new "Rise to Heaven gif" where Mario almost fall off in a hole, but recovers.
Even better would be to have Mario fall into a hole but land on a monster from MH and they can fly out together or something

Coxy

14./00. [PS3] Dunamis 15 # <ADV> (5pb.) {2011.09.15} (¥7.140) - 5.970 / NEW

360 version didnt chart? any idea what it sold?

Dragon

Banned
Chris1964 said:
Besides I was joking you must not follow sales threads regularly.

No I do. I just don't post because my opinions differ largely from the general feeling in these threads.

For instance, I know you were referring to BurntPork's skepticism regarding the 3DS meeting the 3 million mark this year.

What!?

I can't believe the HUGE drop in Tales of Xillia sells :eek:

I toughed it will sell maybe around 100K for the 2nd week..... damn -_-"

Anyway... it will do 600K for one month of sales, which is still great.

beril

So how far do you quys think OOT3D can go? It's been selling great and fairly consistent since the price drop and it can probably remain being the default game to pick up when you buy a 3DS until the heavy hitters start arriving in a few months. It could possibly remain in the 5-10k range until the holiday and possibly get a decent bump then as well. I think 500k is definitely within reach, and I think it has a good chance of beating Twilight Princess

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Great numbers for the 3DS. Is it too early to determine the sales baseline? I don't see it dropping any lower than 49k anytime soon anyways.

mclem

Anasui Kishibe said:
woah, wasn't expecting the 3DS doing so well. Anticipation really is a factor methinks

I wonder if it's not anticipating MH, as much as anticipating *shortages* and deciding to get in early?

Biggest PS2 Tales dropoff was Destiny 2, which had a second week about 13% of the first. Most of them were more like 20%.
the+Abyss

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
beril said:
So how far do you quys think OOT3D can go? It's been selling great and fairly consistent since the price drop and it can probably remain being the default game to pick up when you buy a 3DS until the heavy hitters start arriving in a few months. It could possibly remain in the 5-10k range until the holiday and possibly get a decent bump then as well. I think 500k is definitely within reach, and I think it has a good chance of beating Twilight Princess

Well, it is already at 380k, so 500k are a very realistic possibility now.
Outselling TP? I don't know...maybe, in the long run, but we'll see...

Alrus

Mpl90 said:
Well, it is already at 380k, so 500k are a very realistic possibility now.
Outselling TP? I don't know...maybe, in the long run, but we'll see...

How much did TP sell in the end?

airmangataosenai said:
I realize it's just NES ports, but is 260k really that good for any DQ release? I guess it depends on how high the shipments were.

Well that's pretty much all the copies they shipped so that's pretty good yeah.

jman2050

You know, I truly did honestly believe that the lack of games was the biggest problem with the 3DS sales-wise, and that the price was just an unfortunate compounding of that problem.

Shows what I know I guess.

marc^o^ said:
In the US, 3DS is reported to have 3 skus in Toy's R Us online sales top 10. So knowing about upcoming lineup could be a factor, but I mostly give credit to the lower price.

kinda funny how a Nintendo is doing good story gets a little post but a nintendo is doomed article from any rag paper will get a 10 page thread. (nothing offensive towards your post, just a observation)

test_account

XP-39C²
Celine said:
25K ? for the entire month of October ?
No, as a weekly baseline. If i remember correctly, he made that predicition quite some time before TGS, so we didnt know about many of the upcoming 3DS games. The 3DS also kept on dropping in sales after the pricedrop, so his prediction wasnt actually that crazy in my opinion.

JackFrost said:
kinda funny how a Nintendo is doing good story gets a little post but a nintendo is doomed article from any rag paper will get a 10 page thread. (nothing offensive towards your post, just a observation)
I like the part where you call Time Magazine a "Rag". 3DS is doing well in Japan right now I'll give you but Jesus Christ people, give it p.

JackFrost said:

GAF has been notorious for this kind of thing for a long time now.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Santiako said:
Zelda OoT is going to become an evergreen title, just like New SMB or Mario Kart DS
I finished it today and I wonder if by the end of 3DS/Vita lifespans there will be more than a handful of games better than this. It's definitely a must buy.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Alrus said:
How much did TP sell in the end?

Well that's pretty much all the copies they shipped so that's pretty good yeah.

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo) - 145.068 / 554.109 / 26,18% 02/12/06

However, DQ result is excellent.
Almost 300k for a collections of roms.
This shows that putting a trailer for the next main title of a saga in other games of the same series helps and that, probably, last year's Monsters: Battle Road Victory did bad not because of a disaffection of DQ's userbase towards Wii, but because the arcade wasn't so hot anymore.
In fact

[WII] Dragon Quest Monsters: Battle Road Victory (Square Enix) - 146.185 / 307.453 / 47,55% 15/07/10

The collection almost outdid DQMBRV in a single week. :lol

Kusagari

airmangataosenai said:
I like the part where you call Time Magazine a "Rag". 3DS is doing well in Japan right now I'll give you but Jesus Christ people, give it p.

The 3DS boost wasn't exactly marginal in the US either. Every single one of these doom prophecies is the same thing we heard when DS was selling even worse than 3DS.

airmangataosenai said:

where did I say "Time"? it was a general statement from the 100000 3ds is doomed threads.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
BladeoftheImmortal said:
I just think it's funny that wii saw almost no increase in sales this week.
it increased from 10k to 15k, I'd say it's a pretty big increase.

test_account

XP-39C²
_Alkaline_ said:
GAF has been notorious for this kind of thing for a long time now.
Not only GAF though, but positive things in general usually gets much less attention compared to negative things. It is kinda pity when i think about it :\ I wish positive things would get more attention.

X05 said:
it increased from 10k to 15k, I'd say it's a pretty big increase.
Only in percentage. But what matters the most is the numbers, and 5k isnt exaclty that much, at least in my opinion.

Top Bottom