• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2017 (Sep 25 - Oct 01)

MTC100

Banned
03./00. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 41.491 / NEW
06./00. [3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥6.800) - 18.357 / NEW

02./00. [WIU] Hyrule Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2014.08.14} (¥7.980) - 69.090 / NEW <57,33%>
03./00. [3DS] Hyrule Warriors Legends # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2016.01.21} (¥5.800) - 54.479 / NEW

If anything it shows how the 3DS is dying, even in Japan. I guess it will still have another two years before it completely dies off. However it's already telling how the version on a new system with only a small fraction of the userbase is able to outsell the 3DS one by the factor of two...

I am a bit surprised about the low numbers though(also about hyrule wariors), I thought the Musu Genre was beloved in Japan but those low numbers tell a different story, seems to be niche even there...

Instro

If anything it shows how the 3DS is dying, even in Japan. I guess it will still have another two years before it completely dies off. However it's already telling how the version on a new system with only a small fraction of the userbase is able to outsell the 3DS one by the factor of two...

Definitely validation of the idea that the Switch is a better environment for new software now compared to the 3DS, regardless of install base.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
RocknRola said:
Ah, so not quite there yet but not super far away (assuming they had a big release this holiday there, they could even get close to that).
1/4 of a year left - and 1/4 of yearly sales total needed to match the number. Even in Japan that should be a shoe-in to pass with holiday sales.

I am a bit surprised about the low numbers though(also about hyrule wariors), I thought the Musu Genre was beloved in Japan but those low numbers tell a different story, seems to be niche even there...

HW sold far, far more in the west than in Japan, was one of the most successful musou games of all time.

FE Warriors will surely have lower sales than HW, the FE franchise is simply not as popular.

If anything it shows how the 3DS is dying, even in Japan. I guess it will still have another two years before it completely dies off. However it's already telling how the version on a new system with only a small fraction of the userbase is able to outsell the 3DS one by the factor of two....

well. it doesn't help that the 3ds version was more or less ignored in the marketing in favor of the switch.
already saw a few people surprised it even had a 3ds version

Nice, hope I will get one too this week.

they should be sold during on lottery day, but if the demand was low than the offer (due to be a working day), perhaps they will normally sell on the next days even if there are high chances it will become sold-out as the weekend approaches

Bic Camera Super famicom mini lotteries, thursday, october 05:

131114-kaden_hatsuuri002.jpg

Super famicom mini (30 stores)

superfamicom01.png

Tokyo
Akasaka-Mitsuke Station Store: 200 switch (~ 320 people)
Shinjuku West Store: 500 (~ 690)

Kanagawa
Shin-Yokohama Store: 300 (~ 400)
Sagami-Ono Station Store: 200 (~ 330)

Stores where all the participants won in the lotteries:

Tokyo
Ikebukuro Main Store
Ikebukuro West Store
Yurakucho Store
BICQLO Shinjuku East Store
Shibuya East Store: 300
Keio Chofu store: 800
AKIBA Store (Akihabara): 800
Tachikawa Store
JR Hachioji Station Store

Saitama
Omiya West SOGO Store: 500

Chiba
Kashiwa Store

Kanagawa
Lazona Kawasaki Store
Fujisawa Store

Ibaraki
Mito Station Store

Gunma
Takasaki East Store: 200

Shizuoka
Hamamatsu Store

Aichi
Nagoya Station West Store
Nagoya JR GATE TOWER Store: 500

Kyoto
JR Kyoto Station Store

Osaka
Namba Store: 600

Okayama
Okayama Station Store

Hiroshima

Hiroshima Station Store

Kyushu

Tenjin 2nd Store
Kagoshima-Chuo Station Store

Niigata

Niigata Store

Hokkaido

Sapporo Store

26 stores where all participants won

Mory Dunz

Hyrule Warriors Legends was not n3DS exclusive

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
well. it doesn't help that the 3ds version was more or less ignored in the marketing in favor of the switch.
already saw a few people surprised it even had a 3ds version
I want to see more footage of the 3DS version just to see what it properly looks like

Effect

I mean, FEW kind of looked like shit pre-release?

It never seemed to impress anyone.

I don't think the problem is how it looks. It looks like a warriors game. It looks better then Hyrule Warriors in very significant ways. I do think it's likely made on the cheap though. The problem has always been the lineup. We just had Fire Emblem Awakening and Fates. It was always stupid that they'd repeat the same lineup. This is after they did a damn poll for the mobile game and saw who the popular characters were. It should have been a whos who of most popular characters. FEW is a Fates and Awakening crossover and its not fooling anyone.

I've been trying to decide if I'm going to even bother keeping my preorder but day by day I'm leaning more in the direction of canceling it. I still have Fire Emblem Echoes to play anyway. That's still on the shelf unopened.

casiopao

I think easily the main problem of FEW is how....the plot is so uninteresting. There is a huge lack of villains in the whole trailer.

We only see the two twin and all goody two shoes characters keep preaching nakama lol.

I mean, they can easily make the setting into some kind of drama where the twin is separated and end up with both of them leading their own armies into battle against each other. But nope. The enemy is that blackie shadowy glowy dragon and bam. It is over.

The setting itself for FE fans...is just not compelling enough.

mini Sufami sold out at Yodobashi Shinjuku

damn, 500 units were available in Omiya?

I should have gone there this morning and now selling it at 10,000 yen :D

Former Square Enix Employee Arrested For Allegedly Stocking Up Game Consoles For Resale

Koji Takada made his name at Square Enix as a sales manager, with his name in the credits for games like Dragon Quest IX. Earlier last month, he was arrested for allegedly improperly ordering game consoles for resale, a violation of Japanese trust law.

According to Jiji Press, the 56-year-old Takada allegedly would deceptively buy Nintendo 3DS handhelds and other game consoles when making contracts with clients, reportedly saying the hardware was necessary. Then, it’s said Takada would supposedly resell the game machines, resulting in a 1.4 million yen ($12,374) loss for Square Enix.

This is alleged to have happened between November 2011 and September 2013. That month Square Enix disciplined Takada, Sankei News adds. The company brought charges for breaching trust law in December 2015.

“We’re making an effort in employee training to prevent this from happening again,” Square Enix is quoted as saying.

https://kotaku.com/former-square-enix-employee-arrested-for-allegedly-stoc-1819095996
This is random af lol

horuhe

mini Sufami sold out at Yodobashi Shinjuku

damn, 500 units were available in Omiya?

I should have gone there this morning and now selling it at 10,000 yen :D

Sold out at GEO Kyoto as well.

Don't lie, Moor. You are one of those who work incognito for re-sellers. ;D

Vinnk

Knack 2 might just be the biggest sequel drop ever.

Easily the biggest drop percentage wise though brain training beats it in actual numbers.

Still I can't think of another series that had as big of a drop in a single generation. Maybe Red Steel. But it Japan at least, the first one didn't sell that well to begin with.

Different generations but WiiFit Plus to WiiFit U was pretty bad. And Wii Sports Resort to Wii Sports Club was likely very terrible (though I don't know what the digital numbers are).

MVC3 to MVC:I is also surely in the top 10...

Then numbers for Sen III are disappointing, for sure. And I would like to believe that it didn't sell as well "because the school setting is boring, we need to move on, and Zero/Ao were more exciting than the CS games," but I'm not sure that's the world we live in. It goes without saying that the lack of a handheld release contributed. But surely the number "III" didn't help. "III" with a platform without I or II. It would almost be better if they renamed the 2nd arc, focusing more heavily on Yuuna and Kurt (and Altina, I guess).

As far as Falcom releasing Sen IV as a PS4 exclusive being a mistake goes, what other options do people have in mind? Releasing the game as a PS4/PSV multiplat with the same engine as the first two games? Outsourcing a switch port that would likely struggle to arrive in 2017 - on a platform without Sen I or II? Part of the problem is that it seems the time to release games on both the PS3 and PSV has come and gone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like PSV titles haven't exactly been performing. Maybe that's because they haven't been particularly notable, but still.

As far as Sen III goes, as a game in the Kiseki series, I'm well into Chapter 2 and I have mixed feelings about the game. I think there was a deliberate attempt to create an Estelle-like character with Yuuna. As of now, I feel like they've managed to create a similar character without her being a carbon copy. She would be a good lead for a game going forward and I think Kurt and Yuuna just might be stronger characters than the original class VII cast. Altina is whatever, but at least she's wearing clothes. I liked how Kurt and Yuuna interacted in the later parts of chapter I. The game, however, does not feel as if development was as smooth as some seem to have suggested in this thread. There is one cutscene mid chapter I that feels rough, and later cutscenes have been better, but they rely on a lot of quick cuts to cut down on the amount of animation. I'm currently in Crossbell and despite the map implying that you can visit city streets, if you try the characters will say "we don't need to go there right now." I'm guessing you can't? Falcom claimed that Chapter II was larger than Chapter I, but in reality it appears to have ended up much, much smaller. That being said, I'm still not finished.

Sakurai just looks like hes finally aging.

He'll get his youth back once he starts to troll the Smash Fanbase with Smash Switch. Remember Pic of the Day?

Top Bottom